College Football 2021/22

Carolina Red

Staff
DJ looked good with Trevor injured last year even with Ross out; that’s why I was so high on them with Ross coming back.

You never know with young QB’s…Caleb Williams looked like Superman for a few quarters and later looks like Clark Kent who just nabbed some purple kush.

Then he strips the ball from his own teammate to convert a 4th down and you decide you ought to get some for yourself.
1) :lol: about Williams and purple kush

2) The thing about DJ is that he’s not even doing fundamentals correctly. His footwork, his read progressions, etc. He’s playing like a player who was always surrounded by a superior to their opponents supporting cast and now that he isn’t, his own weaknesses are being quickly exposed.

I’ve seen All-Americans on bad teams in person, and you can tell that they’re very very good players. DJ isn’t giving off that look.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if you did. If you can score more than 21 points, you have got a very very good chance to do it.
Shouldn’t get too overconfident, though. We’ve showed we have a shit the bed game in our foot locker a few times this season.

Carolina Red

Staff
Whats up with your Tigers?
Our offense is terrible. We haven’t replaced the guys who went to the NFL and Tony Elliott isn’t effective without Jeff Scott. Elliott is an engineer and wants to call the perfect play, killing tempo. Scott is more of a gambler type and loves tempo. Together they balanced one another, separated… well… it isn’t good.

We either need to get another co-coordinator in the Scott mold, Elliott needs to change his style, or we need a new coordinator. And I don’t say that flippantly… my wife worked under his wife. He’s a good dude, and I want him to succeed. But right now he just isn’t doing what it takes.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yes. He went to St. John Bosco.
Bosco was in our league way back in my HS days. They were insanely good at baseball and kicked our asses every time. Don’t remember how good they were at football. They were big time recruiters.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Bosco was in our league way back in my HS days. They were insanely good at baseball and kicked our asses every time. Don’t remember how good they were at football. They were big time recruiters.
I have zero respect for schools that can recruit at the youth level. We played a couple lower-level private schools in my high school baseball days and we thoroughly enjoyed beating the shit out of them. We smacked one private school 21-6 my senior year in baseball. Feck em.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have zero respect for schools that can recruit at the youth level. We played a couple lower-level private schools in my high school baseball days and we thoroughly enjoyed beating the shit out of them. We smacked one private school 21-6 my senior year in baseball. Feck em.
we were a private catholic school as well, but almost all of our students were from our “feeder” catholic elementary schools. Even our basketball teams (girls and boys) who have won multiple D1 state titles do not really recruit. Players just come as the men’s coach especially is legendary at coaching up players. He also demands the players maintain 3.0 or higher gpa’s and do community service. Makes it hard to get 5 stars guys.

In baseball We played Mater Dei, Bosco, Bishop Amat every year and we’re happy to keep it with 10. Mater Dei has separate fields for varsity and JV teams. They have stand alone, college level, locker rooms for the varsity baseball team and the visiting team has to enter under an arch that has the names of all the guys who have played in the MLB. They probably couldn’t fit the names of guys who got drafted. Intimidating as feck.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Surely the TD should count and any penalty added on to kick off. What the feck.
I think the fact that the ‘unsportsmanlike conduct’ happened immediately before he broke the plane meant the TD didn’t happen. Insane.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think the fact that the ‘unsportsmanlike conduct’ happened immediately before he broke the plane meant the TD didn’t happen. Insane.
Football law makers are getting more and more bizarre every year.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Monday morning rumination:

There are 5 legit undefeated teams left in CFB. Assuming they all go undefeated there are only 2 that I could see the committee trying to shaft to get Bama, Michigan or Ohio State into the playoffs.

Old Powers
Georgia: A lock if undefeated
Oklahoma: A lock if undefeated

Hard shaft (@calodo2003 memorial division)
Michigan State: Not a A+ name, but will have wins over Michigan/Ohio State and Penn State. Likely a lock

Let The Shenanigans Commence Division
Cincinnati: Best wins will be against ND, SMU and likely Houston in the conf title game.

Easy Shaft
Wake Forest: As of now they have no played, nor will play, a team currently ranked in top 25

An undefeated Georgia/Michigan St means a 2 loss Bama and a 2 loss Ohio State, so I guess those take care of themselves. I still want chaos so here's hoping for Cincy and WF being the only undefeated teams after Bama beats Georgia in OT in the SEC title game and Michigan St. loses to Wisconsin in the title game. Who cares about Oklahoma :)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Was at the OSU Penn game on Saturday (trying to upload a few pics).

We won, but remain unconvinced about our prospects against our annual banana peel game against Purdue, a very good MSU at home or on our trip up to Ann Arbor (only saving grace for that game is that we are decent at stopping the run, the best part of the two mentioned teams, otherwise Harbaugh is long past overdue for a win :nervous: ). Our pass rush couldn't get to Penn's QB almost all game, our secondary looked lost in coverage... And our red zone execution is pitiful. Had to settle for field goals numerous times.

If I was a betting man I'd put money on a loss to Purdue, and two close wins against both teams from up north. MSU to the big 10 title game and potentially the CFB. I'll settle for a non-CFP Rose Bowl appearance and win in Ann Arbor.

Penn State would have beat Iowa if they had a competent QB healthy for that game. Iowa have to be the biggest pretenders I've seen in a while.

Elsewhere, can't see past Georgia (even if they bottle it against Alabama in the SEC championship game) and Oklahoma making it in. They'll look for any excuse to leave out Cincinnati but as long as they stay undefeated (and Alabama loses against Georgia) they're in. MSU makes the cut is my prediction.

Bit tired of the entire season being seen through the eyes of the CFB... Remember when a NY6 bowl and conference title was evidence of a good year?

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Was at the OSU Penn game on Saturday (trying to upload a few pics).

We won, but remain unconvinced about our prospects against our annual banana peel game against Purdue, a very good MSU at home or on our trip up to Ann Arbor (only saving grace for that game is that we are decent at stopping the run, the best part of the two mentioned teams, otherwise Harbaugh is long past overdue for a win :nervous: ). Our pass rush couldn't get to Penn's QB almost all game, our secondary looked lost in coverage... And our red zone execution is pitiful. Had to settle for field goals numerous times.

If I was a betting man I'd put money on a loss to Purdue, and two close wins against both teams from up north. MSU to the big 10 title game and potentially the CFB. I'll settle for a non-CFP Rose Bowl appearance and win in Ann Arbor.

Penn State would have beat Iowa if they had a competent QB healthy for that game. Iowa have to be the biggest pretenders I've seen in a while.

Elsewhere, can't see past Georgia (even if they bottle it against Alabama in the SEC championship game) and Oklahoma making it in. They'll look for any excuse to leave out Cincinnati but as long as they stay undefeated (and Alabama loses against Georgia) they're in. MSU makes the cut is my prediction.

Bit tired of the entire season being seen through the eyes of the CFB... Remember when a NY6 bowl and conference title was evidence of a good year?
As a USC fan this is a fantastic year as Helton is gone. This is what I tell myself to stop from crying.

adexkola

Supports
As a USC fan this is a fantastic year as Helton is gone. This is what I tell myself to stop from crying.
The coaching pool looks scanty at the moment, unless you probably poach James Franklin or Clawson from Wake Forest?

By the way, looks scanty at the stadium nowadays...

Gary Patterson out at TCU after twenty years in charge.
Was going to say he deserves a statue but they already put one up of him in 2016

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The coaching pool looks scanty at the moment, unless you probably poach James Franklin or Clawson from Wake Forest?

By the way, looks scanty at the stadium nowadays...

Was going to say he deserves a statue but they already put one up of him in 2016
My guess is they press hard for Fickell. USC's AD was the AD at Cincy who hired him originally, so we might have a good chance. Picture does not surprise me. LA is a fickle (no pun intended) sports town. When you are winning we love you, when you're not we can't be bothered. Of course I am using the "we" in the past tense since you could not pay me to move back there. Actually, you'd have to just so I could afford a one bedroom condo.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Monday morning rumination:

There are 5 legit undefeated teams left in CFB. Assuming they all go undefeated there are only 2 that I could see the committee trying to shaft to get Bama, Michigan or Ohio State into the playoffs.

Old Powers
Georgia: A lock if undefeated
Oklahoma: A lock if undefeated

Hard shaft (@calodo2003 memorial division)
Michigan State: Not a A+ name, but will have wins over Michigan/Ohio State and Penn State. Likely a lock

Let The Shenanigans Commence Division
Cincinnati: Best wins will be against ND, SMU and likely Houston in the conf title game.

Easy Shaft
Wake Forest: As of now they have no played, nor will play, a team currently ranked in top 25

An undefeated Georgia/Michigan St means a 2 loss Bama and a 2 loss Ohio State, so I guess those take care of themselves. I still want chaos so here's hoping for Cincy and WF being the only undefeated teams after Bama beats Georgia in OT in the SEC title game and Michigan St. loses to Wisconsin in the title game. Who cares about Oklahoma :)
It has that feeling where we will be pulling for the likes of Cincy and MSU right up until the end, but ultimately it will just be four of the usuals. Gawgia, Bama, tOSU, and OU in this case.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Meanwhile, in Austin… A child trick or treater was bitten by a monkey who was an emotional support pet owned by UT coach‘s girlfriend that goes by Pole Assassin who uses it as part of her act.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Meanwhile, in Austin… A child trick or treater was bitten by a monkey who was an emotional support pet owned by UT coach‘s girlfriend that goes by Pole Assassin who uses it as part of her act.

Makes sense. Also, that monkey might make a better HC than Sark. Also, Pole Assassin is the best double entendre stripper name ever. Also, she would definitely be a better HC than Sark.

adexkola

Supports

Alabama at 2 :lol:

Poor Cincinnati getting shafted.

To some extent, each Big 10 team in the top 10, along with Oregon, control their destiny at the moment.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Alabama at 2 :lol:

Poor Cincinnati getting shafted.

To some extent, each Big 10 team in the top 10, along with Oregon, control their destiny at the moment.
and there it is. $$$$ will always be the most important thing to these feckers.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
A one loss B1G team is 100% getting in over Cincy is what I gather from that.

Not worried about OU’s current place; we have no room to complain.