College Football 2021/22

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The worst half of football for the Clemson offense in 143 fecking games.
This is working out great for me. I took COVID +250, so based on the footage showing literally no masks, and taking into account the vaccination rates of both states, I should be able to pay off my mortgage.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Did Clemson lose a bunch of people on offense other than the obvious ones in the 1st round of the draft?

I don’t know what the hell they‘re trying to do.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
As an aside, I would have taken Lane Kiffin on my bingo board for “Most likely to miss a game because on an infectious disease”. Just figured it would have been an STD.

Carolina Red

Staff
fecking hell I'm gonna have to listen to a fan base that hasn’t won a championship in 40 years fecking years talk shit now. Their last national title is literally closer to Pearl Harbor than present day, but will that matter? Nooooooo

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have questions;
1. OL: tha fuq?
2. QB: I hope you have someone else
3. Shipley: where is the white wonderkind? I saw stories all over the place this “prodigy”
4. What bourbon?
5. What IPA’s?

Carolina Red

Staff
I have questions;
3. Shipley: where is the white wonderkind? I saw stories all over the place this “prodigy”
4. What bourbon?
5. What IPA’s?
1. Mostly an experienced OL. UGA’s defense is playing well.
2. This is DJ’s first ever start as “the guy”. It’s showing.
3. I got nothin
4. Evan Williams Bottled in Bond (100 proof)
5. Elysian Space Dust IPA pint cans (8.2%)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
1. Mostly an experienced OL. UGA’s defense is playing well.
2. This is DJ’s first ever start as “the guy”. It’s showing.
3. I got nothin
4. Evan Williams Bottled in Bond (100 proof)
5. Elysian Space Dust IPA pint cans (8.2%)
1. that’s a problem
2. Also a problem
3. Apparently he’s not a problem
4&5. How are you not in a coma?

Charlie Foley

I have questions;
4. What bourbon?
5. What IPA’s?
That Jordan Davis guy is a monster

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
UCLA beating LSU tonight and getting blown out next week by Fresno State will be the most UCLA thing UCLA ever UCLAed. @Man of Leisure can back me up in this.
We actually get a break next week and play Fresno St on the 18th, but yah losing to them would be a very UCLA thing to do. I am cautiously optimistic about this UCLA team as long as DTR keeps the brain farts to a minimum.

Was at the game yesterday, and the Rose Bowl was rocking like I haven't seen in years. Thank you Harbaugh and Michigan for giving us Zach Charbonnet.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
We actually get a break next week and play Fresno St on the 18th, but yah losing to them would be a very UCLA thing to do. I am cautiously optimistic about this UCLA team as long as DTR keeps the brain farts to a minimum.

Was at the game yesterday, and the Rose Bowl was rocking like I haven't seen in years. Thank you Harbaugh and Michigan for giving us Zach Charbonnet.
Just realised that Chip Kelly is still the coach. Do you think there is any pressure to his position if you have another bad season

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Maybe I'm just a little nuts in my thinking, but it seems so possible for Chip to turn UCLA into a Clemson/Florida/Georgia west coast version. It's SoCal, it's a storied school, lots of hot chicas running around, great weather, and so forth. Seems a dream destination for potential recruits. And outside of Oregon on a consistent basis the PAC-12 seems wide open for UCLA to run wild for the foreseeable future and thus be a shoe-in every year for a playoff.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Maybe I'm just a little nuts in my thinking, but it seems so possible for Chip to turn UCLA into a Clemson/Florida/Georgia west coast version. It's SoCal, it's a storied school, lots of hot chicas running around, great weather, and so forth. Seems a dream destination for potential recruits. And outside of Oregon on a consistent basis the PAC-12 seems wide open for UCLA to run wild for the foreseeable future and thus be a shoe-in every year for a playoff.
They just don’t seem to have it in their DNA. Of course, you could’ve said the same about Oregon a while back.

Man of Leisure

Just realised that Chip Kelly is still the coach. Do you think there is any pressure to his position if you have another bad season
Definitely. He hasn't had a winning season since he's been here. And I don't think the new AD Jarmond would be afraid to pull the trigger since Chip Kelly wasn't his hire.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Definitely. He hasn't had a winning season since he's been here. And I don't think the new AD Jarmond would be afraid to pull the trigger since Chip Kelly wasn't his hire.
plus when it comes to football USC is the Lakers and UCLA is the clippers in LA. Of course basketball is the opposite.

Man of Leisure

Can't ever see that happening. UCLA hasn't won a conference championship since 1998. And tougher academic standards mean they can't just recruit anyone. Before this season, I would have been happy with going 7-5 or even 6-6, beating SC and getting to a bowl game. Obviously got much higher hopes now!

As much as it pains me to admit, we just don't care about as football as much on the west coast as they do in the south/SEC. Even before covid, attendance at the Rose Bowl has been steadily shrinking. When you've got a stadium capacity of 90k+ it looks really bad when you've only got 30k fans like we did last week vs Hawaii.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Can't ever see that happening. UCLA hasn't won a conference championship since 1998. And tougher academic standards mean they can't just recruit anyone. Before this season, I would have been happy with going 7-5 or even 6-6, beating SC and getting to a bowl game. Obviously got much higher hopes now!

As much as it pains me to admit, we just don't care about as football as much on the west coast as they do in the south/SEC. Even before covid, attendance at the Rose Bowl has been steadily shrinking. When you've got a stadium capacity of 90k+ it looks really bad when you've only got 30k fans like we did last week vs Hawaii.
I think the high point for football interest in LA, at least in my lifetime, was the Carroll years at SC. Now the LA area is just super saturated with football: USC, UCLA ,Rams, Chargers, and the ever present Raider contingent. It is overkill, especially in a city that as you rightly pointed out, is not terribly football mad to begin with.