College Football 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Texas got robbed of a safety

If there was a forward pass made there, there was no receiver, so it was grounding in the endzone, which is a safety.
Wasn’t it deflected? Might need a lawyer to unpack it all, but wildly enough it might’ve been the correct call in the end.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It hit off a Texas player’s helmet because he threw it directly into his head while cutting a cartwheel.
Right, so unless his shin was down at the start of the cartwheel, his forearm is down there, or he’d been whistled down at that moment it’s the correct call right? We don’t know if it’s intentional grounding when the deflection is so close to the throw.

Carolina Red

Staff
Right, so unless his shin was down at the start of the cartwheel, his forearm is down there, or he’d been whistled down at that moment it’s the correct call right? We don’t know if it’s intentional grounding when the deflection is so close to the throw.
If his forearm is down, then it’s also a safety.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I can’t bring myself to ever root for Texas, but I’ll still be rooting for UAT to lose.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Come on Georgia State, you can do this. The tears of my new neighbors will taste fantastic tomorrow.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Damn. Card can't set his feet with that leg injury or that's a touchdown throw. Alabama are probably going to escape Austin with a win thanks to banged up Texas QBs.

MrMarcello

That was a poor play calling decision
Typical Sark trying to let everyone know how smart and innovative he is. Didn't help the back fell down, probably would have at least pushed Anderson out a bit and there was an open receiver down the sideline if Card could get it off.

Cannot believe the kicker nailed that. Thought it was going to hook right there for a split second.

And how big does that obvious safety loom now? And that botched FG at the end of the first half? Ugh.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
PM me your address. I’ll send you a Clemson flag for your front porch.
Now why on earth would I want to sully my front porch when we proudly fly Auburn and USC (the real one, not that commuter school in the state south of here) flags here on Saturdays? :)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Typical Sark trying to let everyone know how smart and innovative he is. Didn't help the back fell down, probably would have at least pushed Anderson out a bit and there was an open receiver down the sideline if Card could get it off.

Cannot believe the kicker nailed that. Thought it was going to hook right there for a split second.

And how big does that obvious safety loom now?
Hi, USC fan here. I am sad to say that what you are experiencing right now are the symptoms of a serious virus. The Sark virus. Symptoms of the virus include: poor play-calling, non existent clock management, public intoxication, poor play-calling, hitting on co-Ed’s, poor play-calling, drug use, hopelessness, and poor play-calling.

MrMarcello

Texas doesn't deserve to lose this game.

That safety would have it 21-20 right now
Alabama wouldn't have settled for a field goal on that last drive though. But Texas also botched that FG so that's five points lost with the bogus non-safety call. Probably would be 24-24 right now as Alabama probably scores a TD to tie.

Who was Saban yelling at? Such a prick.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Didn’t watch the game, was it more Texas played better than expected or Bama played worse than expected?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What a pathetic final play. They could've thrown a quick out and positioned themselves for a hail mary.

Carolina Red

Staff
Now why on earth would I want to sully my front porch when we proudly fly Auburn and USC (the real one, not that commuter school in the state south of here) flags here on Saturdays? :)
Correction…

PM me your address and I’ll send you gasoline and a match.

Carolina Red

Staff
Alabama wouldn't have settled for a field goal on that last drive though. But Texas also botched that FG so that's five points lost with the bogus non-safety call. Probably would be 24-24 right now as Alabama probably scores a TD to tie.

Who was Saban yelling at? Such a prick.
And Texas woulda got a free possession after the safety.

MrMarcello

Didn’t watch the game, was it more Texas played better than expected or Bama played worse than expected?
Texas - best defensive performance in forever, especially against a top tier rival; offense was iffy but made a few big plays until the very end of that next-to-last drive; botched a FG at the end of the half; a fully fit Ewers or Card and they might have pulled it out - Card missed at least one definite deep route TD as he couldn't plant properly (leg injury); Ewers fecked up his elbow/shoulder on a legit hit but was driven into ground by defender (who was flagged for the driving not the hit).

Alabama - secondary can be exploited; receivers are inexperienced; penalties; offense looks as though it will only produce if Young does; running game was practically shut down save Young's scrambling - that long McClellan TD run the refs missed a blatant RG/RT literally tackling the Texas defender who was in position to make a play/impede the run.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Texas - best defensive performance in forever, especially against a top tier rival; offense was iffy but made a few big plays until the very end of that next-to-last drive; botched a FG at the end of the half; a fully fit Ewers or Card and they might have pulled it out - Card missed at least one definite deep route TD as he couldn't plant properly (leg injury); Ewers fecked up his elbow/shoulder on a legit hit but was driven into ground by defender (who was flagged for the driving not the hit).

Alabama - secondary can be exploited; receivers are inexperienced; penalties; offense looks as though it will only produce if Young does.
Thanks!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Have to give props to Texas for hanging in there with the clear favorites for the natty, especially their defense.

In a way it encourages me as by the chaos laws of the universe that probably means they’ll play poorly against my Sooners and our offense that I have questions about.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How the feck can BT out Ohio vs Penn State on over Texas vs Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.