College Football 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You’re probably not seeing it since it is not a big game, but I don’t know how to take these LED light effects in Norman after TDs.

Maybe it’s a bit of memory from when I was inside the stadium when the attempted suicide bomber did his thing, I dunno…

Carolina Red

Staff
You’re probably not seeing it since it is not a big game, but I don’t know how to take these LED light effects in Norman after TDs.

Maybe it’s a bit of memory from when I was inside the stadium when the attempted suicide bomber did his thing, I dunno…
Holy unlocked memory, Batman!

I’d forgotten that happened

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

What’s this?

Carolina Red

Staff
If y’all ever get a chance to experience a college football Saturday at App State, you need to go. They have some fun on top of that mountain.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What’s this?
We installed these lights that can flash on and off during night games, which is probably really cool.

But I was in the stands when a guy tried to get into the student section with a bomb under his shirt, but was rejected. Instead he went next to a tree outside the stadium and blew himself up, and I was within earshot but we all thought it was a celebration thing at the time.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
We installed these lights that can flash on and off during night games, which is probably really cool.

But I was in the stands when a guy tried to get into the student section with a bomb under his shirt, but was rejected. Instead he went next to a tree outside the stadium and blew himself up, and I was within earshot but we all thought it was a celebration thing.
Damn, I have no recollection of this at all. When was this?

e - no need…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_University_of_Oklahoma_bombing

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If y’all ever get a chance to experience a college football Saturday at App State, you need to go. They have some fun on top of that mountain.

Moonshine fueled crowd no doubt

Have a list of "must see college games before I die", may add App State to that list

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have no memory of this, and frankly, my memory for random sports shit is as legendary as it is useless. How did I never hear of this????

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No judgement!
My neighbor in Bama knew a guy who had a still up in the hills. Would bring over mason jars of shine. He made one where he added apples and cinnamon sticks and another with peaches. Those were damn good.

Carolina Red

Staff
My shine supplier is a guy I played offensive line with in high school.

His dad made shine for my dad. That family makes some damn good stuff.

Carolina Red

Staff
Don’t look now, but bourbon country might also be having a big night tonight

Kentucky 23
Florida 16

2:30 left and UK has it inside the Florida 10

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Georgia Southern might get a huge road win tonight. Scott Frost about to get the pink slip. Could have held the UCF position for as long as he wanted but couldn't pass up on his alma mater but a dumb move overall.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
SC defense is going to be their downfall this season. Top 3 offense not going to be enough. Riley needs to hit a home run with DL and LB recruiting, especially DL.

Carolina Red

Staff
Sounds like an atrocious game of football, neither side has cracked 300 yards offense. Florida QB barely has over a hundo passing so far.
Nah. Defense is fun too.
Georgia Southern might get a huge road win tonight. Scott Frost about to get the pink slip. Could have held the UCF position for as long as he wanted but couldn't pass up on his alma mater but a dumb move overall.
His job might not survive a loss to GaSo.

:lol: Amazing scenes. Too old for that shit now I'm afraid :(
You’re only as old as you feel!

(says the guy whose knee and shoulder feel 70 years old)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Completely sleep walking the second half. Riley needs to tighten this shit up. I am getting PTHD (Post Traumatic Helton Disorder) flashes and it is not good for my health.

icehole

It's funny in that they can fire Frost and have someone on staff take over, but the real problem there is Chinander. Their D is an absolute clusterfeck - worse than the Cosgrove year that got Callahan fired.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If they waited 'til October 1 it would have saved them 7.5 mil. Guess they really wanted him gone. Fan base wants Urban.
Can't see him taking that job even if offered 10m plus per year. Hmm. He might for the money, do it for three years or so, then get fired or resign after multiple 5-7 win seasons. No top tier recruits want to reside in Lincoln, Nebraska.

That said, they play in the West division which is extremely weak but with UCLA and USC coming in soon. I just see Nebraska as a dead program with only history and nothing else going for it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
In the ‘no surprise at all’ department…

I was hoping that would work out for them, it seemed like a wholesome story. They’re that old rival that you don’t hate but just love beating.

Like…I don’t know, maybe Arsenal for Man Utd? Chelsea? Not sure of an equivalence for a respectful rivalry.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
@Man of Leisure

statline in the tweet is what he did Friday night

No offense to the dude, but that was not the Mater Dei he played against, it was another MD down in San Diego I think. I checked their schedule and they did come up North to play Alemany, which is a traditionally strong program, and lost. I think he had under 100 yards. None of this is to shit on him, just to temper expectations. Tape does look special though, just wish he played stronger competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.