g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Drake is probably better off just releasing the next Hotline Bling and his fans will follow and he can just move on.

Can't see what he can say or do to come out with any credibility at this point.

lsd

The Oracle
I wonder how Drake fans feel about J Cole now as he kind went ok you're on your own and left him hanging

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Drake is probably better off just releasing the next Hotline Bling and his fans will follow and he can just move on.

Can't see what he can say or do to come out with any credibility at this point.
There are plenty of angles he can take. Kendrick is not the perfect artist

That said, I'm not sure if he has the patience or guile to do so

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
There are plenty of angles he can take. Kendrick is not the perfect artist

That said, I'm not sure if he has the patience or guile to do so
I would think this if it was J. Cole but doubt Drake will do or say anything meaningful. Just the rate Kendrick is moving at is difficult to keep up with and not like he's gonna stop.

Honestly don't know what Drake can do beyond just moving on and carry on making millions.

Last edited:

adexkola

Supports
I would think this if it was J. Cole but doubt Drake will do or say anything meaningful. Just the rate Kendrick is moving at is difficult to keep up with and not like he's gonna stop.

Honestly don't know what Drake can do beyond just moving on and carry on making millions.
Drake is being a bit too shallow (that's his career in a nutshell) but there are plenty of contradictions in Kendrick's catalog a student of rap could pick at. Drake's slave bar... There's something there that could be expanded on.

The colonizer bar? Flip it. I wasn't colonizing Atlanta, I was giving it life. Something like that.

We agree that Nas won the beef against Jay-Z right? However Jay-Z did leave him bloodied. And I'm not speaking about Takeover:

Can't y'all see that he's fake, the rap version of T.D. Jakes
Prophesizin' on your CD's and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith
I put dollars on mine, ask Columbine
When the Twin Towers dropped, I was the first in line
Donatin' proceeds off every ticket sold
When I was out on the road, that's how you judge Hov, no?
Ain't I supposed to be absorbed in myself?
Every time there's a tragedy, I'm the first one to help
They call me this misogynist, but they don't call me the dude
To take his dollars to give gifts at the projects
These dudes is all politics, depositin' checks
They put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
And y'all buy the shit, caught up in the hype
'Cause the nigga wear a kufi, it don't mean that he bright
'Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bullshit that he write
Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?
Is it Black Girl Lost or shorty owe you for ice?

I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though
Savin' me the hassle of speakin' to half of these assholes
And I'ma let karma catch up to Jaz-O, whoa
I'm back before you had a chance to miss me
My mama can't save you this time, niggas is history
Who you know flow vicious as me?
Yet so religiously, that's why they call me Hov'
I get the spoils 'cause the victor is me (Me, nigga!)
You're an actor, you're not who you're depicted to be
You street dreamin', all y'all niggas livin' through me
I gave you life when niggas was forgettin' you emcee
I'm a legend, you should take a picture with me
You should be happy to be in my presence
I should charge you a fee
There's plenty of room for Drake to hit back. He just needs to ignore the socials and dial in, in a dark room. Maybe with a writer or 2.

And then release Hotline Bling 2.

adexkola

Supports
That genuinely made me laugh out loud :lol:
:D

If he just focuses, he will be fine. Despite my wishes, this saga is not opening a portal to a world where the charts are led by Boldy James and Benny the Butcher songs... It's about the hits

Was just going to post that. The beat is fire as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even producers are dissing Drake, he can't catch a break.
It's almost unfair honestly! I can't remember this level of animosity at one figure from all parts of the industry, ever.

And it's a bit bitch made... Where have all of ye been?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
After listening to all this, it just reminded me why I enjoy J. Cole the most out of the two(not even mentioning Drake).

I like both, but J. Cole just sounds much better on for me, even if Kendrick has few GOAT songs that are better than best that J. Cole made.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Although I don't think this will hurt Drake in the long run, this is crazy from Kendrick. Drake will be making love songs but mentioning theyre above the age of consent from now on
Someone has to use this in the next diss track. :lol:

Edit: This reminds me MC Jean Gab1 against basically every popular french rapper, he buried everyone with a strange mix of vulgarity, facts, bigotry and impeccable prose. If you understand french it's hilarious and shocking at the same time because if he went in every directions that you are supposed to avoid if you care about mainstream media but he happens to not care at all.

Last edited:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The last few days have seen some good beats at last too. People like to pretend it doesn’t matter but all the best most enduring diss tracks have been bangers to some extent..
Yeah the Not Like Us and BBL Drizzy beats are basically already classics in under 23 hours :lol:. There are 100s of random Soundcloud rappers and comedians dissing him. Japanese rappers are getting involved!!

I reckon Drake’s only possible recourse is to make something incredibly catchy and hope it has mainstream staying power??

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Yeah the Not Like Us and BBL Drizzy beats are basically already classics in under 23 hours :lol:. There are 100s of random Soundcloud rappers and comedians dissing him. Japanese rappers are getting involved!!

I reckon Drake’s only possible recourse is to make something incredibly catchy and hope it has mainstream staying power??
Drake gonna drop a puffy feature. He all in.

the_cliff

I love how Drake is hurt about Kendrick not backing up his allegations with proof and then proceeds to accuse Kendricks wife of being disloyal with his childhood friend and of being molested as a kid.

And then goes on to show no proof but a simple 'I'm speaking facts' is enough.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Once again Drake’s done a genuinely good battle verse, and you’ve gotta give him credit for writing it all yesterday - These would be great bars in a normal rap battle but this stopped being just a rap battle a while ago so it doesn’t quite land well enough, and that beat is far too nondescript to release after two massive bangers against you.

It’s also pretty difficult to maintain the braggadocio required of a battle rap when half your song is explaining why you’re not a pedophile, honest! and you definitely didn’t shag 11 from Stranger Things

But again, somewhat impressed at the actual lyricism he’s pulled out in a day… but he should’ve focused on making a big mainstream hit that has longevity. That’s where he can win.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Can’t quite believe I’m saying it, but Drakes last two are the best of the whole saga. Kendrick’s west coast bop was alright, but it really does need to be truthful to have any validity. Otherwise he’s Lawrence Fox.

lsd

The Oracle
Can’t quite believe I’m saying it, but Drakes last two are the best of the whole saga. Kendrick’s west coast bop was alright, but it really does need to be truthful to have any validity. Otherwise he’s Lawrence Fox.

Really? This latest effort is nothing but garbage and he made himself look worse. " I'm not a pedo i never touched Millie Brown:confused: then he says the people who gave you info are clowns before three lines later saying it was himself.

This was the effort of a beaten man just looking for a way out

adexkola

Supports
Drake is in Jay-Z post Ether territory, and to his credit he is handling things very well. He has a demented rap legend, a squad of scorned rappers, and a legion of fans baying for his blood against him (think Jon Snow)

His last 2 songs were very good/excellent.

Godfather

If Kendrick could sound better it would help. This lyrics are fire but I can't listen to these songs for more than once. His flow is so off putting. Still absolutely love this battle. Might be the best for Drake to leave it.

mancan92

Drake really said I'm too famous to be a pedo. He then is saying he set kendrick but by feeding him information that he is a pedo and a deadbeat dad and waits a whole day after to pull a weak trap card?

Either Drake is the stupidest guy alive or he is lying :lol:

Drake lost. The Heart Part 6 is weak. He’s defending himself. Hardly any shots against K Dot. Not sure about the whole planting the bait with the daughter etc. Seems stupid as feck.

mancan92

Drake is in Jay-Z post Ether territory, and to his credit he is handling things very well. He has a demented rap legend, a squad of scorned rappers, and a legion of fans baying for his blood against him (think Jon Snow)

His last 2 songs were very good/excellent.
This one definitely is not any of that it's pretty terrible actually. He shows exactly what kendrick said and self snitches like 3 times in his own song. Then after being the one who asked kendrick to come outside he then gets beat so bad he just puts up a self defense track and brings some weak sauce.

adexkola

Supports
This one definitely is not any of that it's pretty terrible actually. He shows exactly what kendrick said and self snitches like 3 times in his own song. Then after being the one who asked kendrick to come outside he then gets beat so bad he just puts up a self defense track and brings some weak sauce.
:houllier:

MiceOnMeth

Why did Drake bring up Millie Bobby Brown in the latest track when Kendrick didn't mention her at all? :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Really? This latest effort is nothing but garbage and he made himself look worse. " I'm not a pedo i never touched Millie Brown:confused: then he says the people who gave you info are clowns before three lines later saying it was himself.

This was the effort of a beaten man just looking for a way out
His ghostwriters are taking the piss and he's not even proof-reading :lol:

quadrant

Thought Drake’s track was pretty flat. The odd decent line but it sounds rushed.

The bit about feeding Kendrick information about a daughter is kind of a feeble comeback. If that were true, he’d prove it with screenshots of DMs or whatever and Kendrick would be a laughing stock.

The bit about I’m too famous to be a pedo is just awful. The whole point about R Kelly/Weinstein/Cosby etc is that they were protected by their fame.

The outro pun about hitting Whitney was funny though.

Smithy89

Everything he said I've read on the internet :lol: Drake fans are eating it up though.