Community Shield 2020 - Arsenal vs Liverpool - Saturday(29th August)

Charlie Foley

it’s more fun to be a winner than a loser I tell you that much. Enjoying the cup win.
Yeah feck it a trophy is a trophy. Doesn’t make or break the season but better to win it than lose it. Glad you beat them

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Nice find. That Shevchenko goal was classic Andriy and him at his best. Probably for the last time. Roman was so excited, too bad it didn't work out :lol:

Linesman trying to screw us on Smith's goal, two assists from Tony V and Ferdinand so bad against Malouda I had to look twice to believe it was him :lol:
I went to the one where Malouda scored Giggs equalised and we won the worst penalty shootout ever.

:lol:Chelsea fans must've been so excited seeing that Sheva goal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Liverpool were really poor, had one idea all game and that was for Robertson to cross it, in fact Moyes would be proud

Okey

Impressed with Arsenal, though Liverpool were poor. Might just be the perfect kick up the proverbial though, cos I expect Leeds to come at them with 16 years worth of pent up frustration, channelled by Bielsa's legendary early season form. Should be quite some game, that...

ti vu

Some people just revise SAF later years to fit their narrative. SAF never threw away a chance to add silverware. That's what all former players came out to say about his winning mentality.

Is this "friendly game" atmosphere?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Day 1 of the season and the septuple is already off?

The toothy fraud has been found out.

always_hoping

For those old enough to remember it was a shield that use to be shared between great rivals and was and still is totally forgotten about once the new season begins. I never counted it as a trophy won but each to their own and I feel simliar about the Super cup and World club cup which Liverpool supporters strangely bragged about winning last season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Impressive result for Arteta. He's now beaten Klopp twice in a short span of time with a much weaker team. Fair play.

TheLord

They're overly reliant on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for the spark. Keeping him fit is key to their success.

Can someone confirm what's taking so long for him to pen the new contract? Does he want a better deal than the proposed £250,000 per week for 3 years, or is he actually looking at running down the 10 remaining months of the contract? For Arsenal's sake, I hope it isn't the latter.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've enjoyed seeing us win the likes of the community shield and club world cup in the past so I'd never look down on others celebrating winning them, too. A win is a win regardless.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
To suggest that super-cups are friendlies makes no sense. You have to earn the right to play in them. Arsenal and especially Arteta deserve their moment of glory.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
”lets play the kids”

..starts with Mane, Salah, Firmino
If Mane goes to Barcelona, Liverpool are f***ed - even with him they have been lacklustre these past few months

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Its better to win than lose but in reality it means very little.

When we beat United in 2009 on pens my first thought was "why couldn't that happen in Moscow?". When we beat Arsenal in 2005 my first thought was "we better do that in the league in two weeks time".

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
If you are starving hungry, a Pot Noodle is delicious.

I won't take the piss out of Arsenal for enjoying their Pot Noodle.
I can understand if you've blocked it from your memory, but we beat your lot to win an FA cup not even a month ago. If we're starving hungry for trophies Chelsea are at death's door.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I can understand if you've blocked it from your memory, but we beat your lot to win an FA cup not even a month ago. If we're starving hungry for trophies Chelsea are at death's door.
Wouldn't know it going by your fan channel, they've spent more time talking about us than that Cup win, especially DT!

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
We were European Champions in 2019 I'll have you know!
Ah but that was pre-Covid, it was a different time :p
Wouldn't know it going by your fan channel, they've spent more time talking about us than that Cup win, especially DT!
They're a bunch of fecking clowns, they're definitely not our fan channel :mad:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
They're overly reliant on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for the spark. Keeping him fit is key to their success.

Can someone confirm what's taking so long for him to pen the new contract? Does he want a better deal than the proposed £250,000 per week for 3 years, or is he actually looking at running down the 10 remaining months of the contract? For Arsenal's sake, I hope it isn't the latter.
We're lucky he's one of the healthiest strikers around, he takes very good care of himself. About the contract the main bit seems to be agreed, just the structure of the many various bonuses. Latest rumors says it will be done and announced this coming week.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
Ah but that was pre-Covid, it was a different time :p

They're a bunch of fecking clowns, they're definitely not our fan channel :mad:
I find it amusing when you see how many opposition fans are glued to AFTV