Conte: "...he insulted me the 2nd time but now I change..." (Mourinho's Latest Response to Conte)

Cal?

CR7 fan
If my manager were to get in a war of words I'd honestly rather he spoke directly and strictly on football related matters rather than make cryptic (yet obvious on the target) insults that are personal in nature and nothing to do with the sport.

I don't think he'd have mentioned the little man quote if mourinho didn't bring up a match fixing accusation that Conte was cleared of.
Match fixing is very much football related, no?

el3mel

An answer mourinho had no problem with given it was portrayed by the media that Jose was referring to Conte with the clown comment.
You're trying so hard to find any excuse for Conte for what he said it's pretty strange tbh with you.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Think mourinho has lost his edge and has become very unpleasant because of it. Very unlikeable character
You're an Everton supporter and what you say is fair enough.
But if Jose joined Everton, you'd love each and every trophy he'd win for your club.

I like that rivals are now hating us again. Post SAF, rivals pittied us. Called us boring. MCFC fans pleaded for us not to sack Moyes. We were the laughing stock.
The laughing is slowly turning to hate....just as it was during the SAF years.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
An answer mourinho had no problem with given it was portrayed by the media that Jose was referring to Conte with the clown comment.

He was cleared of it so there was no need to bring it up.
You're trying so hard to find any excuse for Conte for what he said it's pretty strange tbh with you.
In fairness to VP89, he is a Chelsea supporter and he is backing his manager/team. Nothing wrong with that. I respect people who fight for their team/country, etc.

eat_grass

Can someone explain why it's all Conte being unhinged and wound up but not Jose?
You need to watch the interviews to understand it. Conte has been steadily losing the plot. He's clueless, and the media keep playing him.

In contrast, Mourinho hasn't lost his cool in any of his responses. He knows what he's doing, as evidenced by the fact he's done it before:

"Brilliant, because it was all fun and games. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew he could wind Rafa up. There was stuff going in that he would kind of have a joke, he was going to say this, he was going to say that. And that's where Mourinho was great: it was like he was one of us [players]. It was us against everyone else." - John Terry

J_Red 11

Can someone explain why it's all Conte being unhinged and wound up but not Jose? This all started from Jose being wound up by Conte celebrating a lot the 4th goal at the Bridge. Jose also bit when Conte said Moses should have been utilised more earlier in his Chelsea career (without particularly naming Jose).

Both managers are unhinged and wound up by one another. Why is Conte the one worse off or the bigger cnut as people say?
Because Jose has prepared this from the start when he was talking about the clown comment, he knew Conte will react. Jose has done his research with that match fix banned. From the start. This is just mind game and Conte took the bait and still feel cringe about Jose's comment.

When Conte made "the little boy" comment, Jose hasn't reply this at all and Conte knew that "little boy" comment is a weak response so he made another comment "I won't forget this". That alone shows that Conte is being unhinged and wound up and as a result it affects him today against Arsenal. Instead of concentrate on Arsenal, he's too busy with how to responds Jose's comment.

I'm pretty sure Jose is enjoying his little break in Dubai right now, because he won against Everton & Derby, right now he's in a country with a better weather than UK, no game in midweek & no media is trying to ask stupid question.

Demas

Supports
Chelsea
You're an Everton supporter and what you say is fair enough.
But if Jose joined Everton, you'd love each and every trophy he'd win for your club.

I like that rivals are now hating us again. Post SAF, rivals pittied us. Called us boring. MCFC fans pleaded for us not to sack Moyes. We were the laughing stock.
The laughing is slowly turning to hate....just as it was during the SAF years.
So you think people hate you because you are a great team? That used to be the case during the SAF years, but I doubt that's the reason why people hate you now. It may have to do with the your manager being a hatable figure.

Listar

Because Jose has prepared this from the start when he was talking about the clown comment, he knew Conte will react. Jose has done his research with that match fix banned. From the start. This is just mind game and Conte took the bait and still feel cringe about Jose's comment.

When Conte made "the little boy" comment, Jose hasn't reply this at all and Conte knew that "little boy" comment is a weak response so he made another comment "I won't forget this". That alone shows that Conte is being unhinged and wound up and as a result it affects him today against Arsenal. Instead of concentrate on Arsenal, he's too busy with how to responds Jose's comment.

I'm pretty sure Jose is enjoying his little break in Dubai right now, because he won against Everton & Derby, right now he's in a country with a better weather than UK, no game in midweek & no media is trying to ask stupid question.
I don't think he specifically meant Conte in the clown comment. He just threw a bait out there and see who is idiotic enough to bite. Maybe it works out well for Conte to deflect the 2-2 result against Arsenal and that abysmal performance by Morata. Fair play, Conte the Clown.

J_Red 11

I don't think he specifically meant Conte in the clown comment. He just threw a bait out there and see who is idiotic enough to bite. Maybe it works out well for Conte to deflect the 2-2 result against Arsenal and that abysmal performance by Morata. Fair play, Conte the Clown.
I don't think he does specifically to one manager but he didn't just threw the comment because I think at least he expect either Conte or Klopp take the bait.

peridigm

I hope we get Chelsea in the later stages of the CL so when we have to play them on a Tuesday Jose can say to Conte. “See you next Tuesday.”

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
So you think people hate you because you are a great team? That used to be the case during the SAF years, but I doubt that's the reason why people hate you now. It may have to do with the your manager being a hatable figure.
Oh, the hate will come back, and for all the right reasons. If Jose stays, he will make United number one again. The only real competition is City (I don't think any of the other top 6 will keep up with United and City in the long run) and Jose will overtake Pep; he's done it before. Guardiola's style has a tendency to be figured out, and when that happens, it's over for him in EPL. Even this season, I think that the results flatter them because they got lucky in several games, including the United game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SteveJ

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

What mind games? Mind games is just a miscellaneous bucket we put bewildered media answers to now. Conte wasn't really riled up, he called him a little boy after the match fixing comment and only said more when asked in the press conference. He had one before mourinho did because he's still in the cup and mourinho isn't.

When Conte was asked again he just said he didn't regret what he said and Jose in his presser recently said the same. This unhinged business is just made up nonsense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In fairness to VP89, he is a Chelsea supporter and he is backing his manager/team. Nothing wrong with that. I respect people who fight for their team/country, etc.
I support United :lol:
You need to watch the interviews to understand it. Conte has been steadily losing the plot. He's clueless, and the media keep playing him.

In contrast, Mourinho hasn't lost his cool in any of his responses. He knows what he's doing, as evidenced by the fact he's done it before:

"Brilliant, because it was all fun and games. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew he could wind Rafa up. There was stuff going in that he would kind of have a joke, he was going to say this, he was going to say that. And that's where Mourinho was great: it was like he was one of us [players]. It was us against everyone else." - John Terry

Well this fued has been on for over a year and he hasn't really shown to one up Conte on the pitch much. And I've seen the interviews tbh. Conte has had more presses and before Jose of late too so it just looks like he is banging on about it. All he's done is answer the questions asked to him though and it hadn't really distracted his side by the looks of it.

Listar

How goes Chelsea results after this feud? I'm not sure if their fans are happy if current form continues.

KendrickLamar

Two things are obvious:
1. Jose is still mad because Chelsea fans embraced Conte and replaced his toxicity with the Italian's energy and ambition. Not to mention that Conte won the league with a team that Jose left on the 16th place or something.

2. Most of the United fans seem to have completely forgotten what they were thinking about Mourinho before he joined the club.

Honestly, guys, we all thought that he's a cnut. Nothing has changed with him, except for the fact that he's United's manager now. And now most of you try to defend his bollocks.

The man is just an angry child and he cannot get over himself.

A lot of people talk a lot about how this is a mind game that Mourinho's winning. Yeah, right, like that can do any good to this huge club.

Problem is that his stupid mind games are the only things that he's winning lately. And don't hit me with that Carabao Cup and Community Shield Glory.

Manchester United, as a club, is just not compatible with this guy's antics. Just like Real Madrid wasn't and look how their relationship ended after all.

I am so sick and tired of hearing him moaning over and over again. It's just boring and not fun anymore. It doesn't even matter if he's right.

I cannot defend a guy who stuck a finger inside Tito's eye. He's just a pathetic clown and I cannot wait for the club to fire his petty bum.

Kapardin

Two things are obvious:
1. Jose is still mad because Chelsea fans embraced Conte and replaced his toxicity with the Italian's energy and ambition.

The man is just an angry child

He's just a pathetic clown and I cannot wait for the club to fire his petty bum.
Is it energy and ambition to go on a rant about senile dementia and little men when Jose was not even directly referring to him?

Conte is not acting like a child then? Even some Chelsea fans here were generous enough to admit that both the managers were at fault.

You seem to have more rage about Jose than Conte himself. Even his detractors here are not calling for his sacking. Because if he is sacked, it means our club will be failing again. And if we sack him after he actually meets targets, that would be worse.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What mind games? Mind games is just a miscellaneous bucket we put bewildered media answers to now. Conte wasn't really riled up, he called him a little boy after the match fixing comment and only said more when asked in the press conference. He had one before mourinho did because he's still in the cup and mourinho isn't.

When Conte was asked again he just said he didn't regret what he said and Jose in his presser recently said the same. This unhinged business is just made up nonsense.
I don’t buy into the mind games as much as most but Conte looked severely unhinged in his press conference to be fair to the original poster.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Two things are obvious:
1. Jose is still mad because Chelsea fans embraced Conte and replaced his toxicity with the Italian's energy and ambition. Not to mention that Conte won the league with a team that Jose left on the 16th place or something.

2. Most of the United fans seem to have completely forgotten what they were thinking about Mourinho before he joined the club.

Honestly, guys, we all thought that he's a cnut. Nothing has changed with him, except for the fact that he's United's manager now. And now most of you try to defend his bollocks.

A lot of people talk a lot about how this is a mind game that Mourinho's winning. Yeah, right, like that can do any good to this huge club.

Problem is that his stupid mind games are the only things that he's winning lately. And don't hit me with that Carabao Cup and Community Shield Glory.

Manchester United, as a club, is just not compatible with this guy's antics. Just like Real Madrid wasn't and look how their relationship ended after all.

I am so sick and tired of hearing him moaning over and over again. It's just boring and not fun anymore. It doesn't even matter if he's right.

I cannot defend a guy who stuck a finger inside Tito's eye. He's just a pathetic clown and I cannot wait for the club to fire his petty bum.
Mourinho was rated on Redcafe, he was hated by Liverpool fans, Arsenal fans but there was always big section of ManUtd fans who loved him before he was ManUtd manager.

Apart from that what a strange post.

KendrickLamar

Is it energy and ambition to go on a rant about senile dementia and little men when Jose was not even directly referring to him?

Conte is not acting like a child then? Even some Chelsea fans here were generous enough to admit that both the managers were at fault.

You seem to have more rage about Jose than Conte himself. Even his detractors here are not calling for his sacking. Because if he is sacked, it means our club will be failing again. And if we sack him after he actually meets targets, that would be worse.
What does this have to do with anything?
As mentioned before, it's not relevant if he's right. What really matters and should bother us is that he started it!
I don't care about Conte, why would I care about Conte?

Problem is that instead of admiting Jose's issues, some of the fans are trying to justify them by using the "mind games" rethoric.
He was 'rated' on Redcafe, but he was blasted everytime he did something sick (like pushing Wenger or poking Tito's eye).

roonster09

Scout
As mentioned before, it's not relevant if he's right. What really matters and should bother us is that he started it!

Problem is that instead of admiting Jose's issues, some of the fans are trying to justify them by using the "mind games" rethoric.
He was 'rated' on Redcafe, but he was blasted everytime he did something sick (like pushing Wenger or poking Tito's eye).
:lol: When was this?

roonster09

Scout
Yeah I think it was Wenger who did that to him on his 1000th game incharge and where he was beaten 6-0
Yeah it was Wenger who pushed Jose. People are so blinded by hate, they thought Jose's chest pushed Wenger's hands.

Ban

Tell us how you really feel.

Ban

I support United :lol:

Well this fued has been on for over a year and he hasn't really shown to one up Conte on the pitch much. And I've seen the interviews tbh. Conte has had more presses and before Jose of late too so it just looks like he is banging on about it. All he's done is answer the questions asked to him though and it hadn't really distracted his side by the looks of it.
He could have easily avoided those questions and it seems he just can't and doesn't want to. It's interesting that when Jose just answers those kind of questions he's moaning but Conte apparently not.. he's cool about it. You have lots of understanding for Conte.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
All I know is the game next month is going to be great. OT is going to be bouncing with people shouting abuse at Conte and everyone getting behind Jose and the team. We will probably see drama on the touchline and plenty of passion on the pitch from both sets of players. That's how big games should be.

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
Two things are obvious:

1. Conte won the league with Mourihno's team. Mourihno with that team finished 2nd, 1st, and 16th, and then Conte came in and finished 1st again. What that tells me is that the team that Mourihno put together had 3 great seasons and 1 off season.

Carabao Cup, Community Shield, and Europa League (which you conveniently did not name). At the same time Chelsea, Liverpool and City got nothing; and let's not forget all the injuries and unfortunate draws that hurt the team in the EPL.

Not compatible with Madrid? Brought them the first Copa Del Rey in like 16 years, first league title in three years, and two consecutive CL semifinals after they couldn't go passed the second round for 7 or 8 years; and all of this at the height of Barcelona's power. And btw, Barcelona were (and still are) cheaters, divers, and protected like polar bears; and Mourihno was the bad guy for saying that the emperor has no clothes. He was also the bad guy for benching Saint Casillas, who has since Jose's departure had a huge dip in performance (e.g., almost cost Real Madrid a CL final with his mistakes, embarrassing 2014 World Cup).

The problem with most people is that they rarely look at anything beyond the surface. The Barcelona/Madrid rivalry during Mourihno's time there is a perfect example. The common consensus is that Barcelona represented everything that is good and holy in football, and that Jose was the villain who brought the dark clouds of ugliness and destruction into that idyllic picture. But if we look just a little closer, what do we see? The robbery against Chelsea, the attempted robbery against Inter, diving, cheating, massive help from the referees, and a boring style of football (if one knows how to play against it, more on that later). Dare we also mention rumors of doping that continue to follow Pep's teams wherever he goes? All Jose did was expose Barcelona, and for that he was hated.

He called them out on their diving and cheating, and called out the refs for allowing it. He also called them a "small club" when they removed the ball boys in a home game when they were trying to protect the score, "because that's what small clubs do against bigger clubs". He could've called them out for turning on the sprinklers while Inter was celebrating on their pitch after eliminating them from the CL, but he didn't. In a nutshell, he was hated because he told the truth that everybody wanted to ignore only because they liked the way Barcelona played. Btw, this continues to this day as evident in the scandalous robbery against PSG in the (in)famous 6:1 after losing 4:0 in Paris, which was celebrated worldwide as the best thing ever, when in fact it was just another Barcelona scandal.

Tactically, Mourihno also called Barcelona's bluff and exposed their style as boring - not entertaining as most think. Because who is really the boring one? The team that refuses to chase while the other passes the ball to each other ad nauseam, or the team that refuses to attack when they have the ball? Why is Barcelona allowed to play their way and other teams have to go along with it?

In conclusion; the world would be a much better place if people used their brains a little more and looked at the reality of things, rather than just swallowing everything that TV tells them or believing things that they wish were true.

Reactions: SteveJ

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He could have easily avoided those questions and it seems he just can't and doesn't want to. It's interesting that when Jose just answers those kind of questions he's moaning but Conte apparently not.. he's cool about it. You have lots of understanding for Conte.
I have understanding for Conte from a human aspect.

What Jose said about the match fixing accusation point was very unnecessary even as a wind up. It's resurfacing a false accusation that harmed Contes integrity for a long time. Conte has every right to react angrily to the situation, and unhinged isn't the right term for it imo.

Also Jose never moaned when he was asked about the Conte talk 2 pressers ago IIRC? He may have in the last presser but then conte in his last presser squashed it equally by just saying he doesn't regret what he said and that's that.

KendrickLamar

1. Conte won the league with Mourihno's team. Mourihno with that team finished 2nd, 1st, and 16th, and then Conte came in and finished 1st again. What that tells me is that the team that Mourihno put together had 3 great seasons and 1 off season.

Carabao Cup, Community Shield, and Europa League (which you conveniently did not name). At the same time Chelsea, Liverpool and City got nothing; and let's not forget all the injuries and unfortunate draws that hurt the team in the EPL.

Not compatible with Madrid? Brought them the first Copa Del Rey in like 16 years, first league title in three years, and two consecutive CL semifinals after they couldn't go passed the second round for 7 or 8 years; and all of this at the height of Barcelona's power. And btw, Barcelona were (and still are) cheaters, divers, and protected like polar bears; and Mourihno was the bad guy for saying that the emperor has no clothes. He was also the bad guy for benching Saint Casillas, who has since Jose's departure had a huge dip in performance (e.g., almost cost Real Madrid a CL final with his mistakes, embarrassing 2014 World Cup).

The problem with most people is that they rarely look at anything beyond the surface. The Barcelona/Madrid rivalry during Mourihno's time there is a perfect example. The common consensus is that Barcelona represented everything that is good and holy in football, and that Jose was the villain who brought the dark clouds of ugliness and destruction into that idyllic picture. But if we look just a little closer, what do we see? The robbery against Chelsea, the attempted robbery against Inter, diving, cheating, massive help from the referees, and a boring style of football (if one knows how to play against it, more on that later). Dare we also mention rumors of doping that continue to follow Pep's teams wherever he goes? All Jose did was expose Barcelona, and for that he was hated.

He called them out on their diving and cheating, and called out the refs for allowing it. He also called them a "small club" when they removed the ball boys in a home game when they were trying to protect the score, "because that's what small clubs do against bigger clubs". He could've called them out for turning on the sprinklers while Inter was celebrating on their pitch after eliminating them from the CL, but he didn't. In a nutshell, he was hated because he told the truth that everybody wanted to ignore only because they liked the way Barcelona played. Btw, this continues to this day as evident in the scandalous robbery against PSG in the (in)famous 6:1 after losing 4:0 in Paris, which was celebrated worldwide as the best thing ever, when in fact it was just another Barcelona scandal.

Tactically, Mourihno also called Barcelona's bluff and exposed their style as boring - not entertaining as most think. Because who is really the boring one? The team that refuses to chase while the other passes the ball to each other ad nauseam, or the team that refuses to attack when they have the ball? Why is Barcelona allowed to play their way and other teams have to go along with it?

In conclusion; the world would be a much better place if people used their brains a little more and looked at the reality of things, rather than just swallowing everything that TV tells them or believing things that they wish were true.

Hahaha, really, man?
"Brought them the first Copa Del Rey in like 16 years" :)))
Show this to a Real Madrid fan and they'll laugh in your face.
Mourinho was a failure at Madrid. He was brought there to win the UCL and he wasn't able to do that.

Regarding Conte and his league title, he did it by completely changing the system. It wasn't Mourinho's team at all.
Mourinho sold Luiz, while Conte got him back and won the league using the guy. Kante was signed by Conte. Pedro was given an actual real chance by Conte.
There were plenty of changes that the Italian made at Chelsea, after Mourinho completely lost it the previous season.
But if you say that Conte won the league using Mourinho's team, then I guess we could also say that Mourinho won those 3 second-hand competitions using Van Gaal's team, right?

But, of course, it's easier to blame it on the players, media, the opponents. Anyone but the guy, right? That was exactly what Chelsea fans used to say when he was their manager.
Just wait until Jose leaves United and you'll all be saying the same stuff about the man. Specially if he joins another EPL team.
Ask yourselves: what if Mourinho was Liverpool's manager? Who would you think it's the delulded one in this argument?

Regarding the Wenger story, my mistake. Mourinho did grab his tie, though. And he stil poke Tito's eye.

Ban

I have understanding for Conte from a human aspect.

What Jose said about the match fixing accusation point was very unnecessary even as a wind up. It's resurfacing a false accusation that harmed Contes integrity for a long time. Conte has every right to react angrily to the situation, and unhinged isn't the right term for it imo.

Also Jose never moaned when he was asked about the Conte talk 2 pressers ago IIRC? He may have in the last presser but then conte in his last presser squashed it equally by just saying he doesn't regret what he said and that's that.
What about dementia comment from a human aspect?
Since the match fixing thing Conte spoke about it twice.
It was all started by media inventions and Conte can't let it go.

Ban

Hahaha, really, man?
"Brought them the first Copa Del Rey in like 16 years" :)))
Show this to a Real Madrid fan and they'll laugh in your face.
Mourinho was a failure at Madrid. He was brought there to win the UCL and he wasn't able to do that.

Regarding Conte and his league title, he did it by completely changing the system. It wasn't Mourinho's team at all.
Mourinho sold Luiz, while Conte got him back and won the league using the guy. Kante was signed by Conte. Pedro was given an actual real chance by Conte.
There were plenty of changes that the Italian made at Chelsea, after Mourinho completely lost it the previous season.
But if you say that Conte won the league using Mourinho's team, then I guess we could also say that Mourinho won those 3 second-hand competitions using Van Gaal's team, right?

But, of course, it's easier to blame it on the players, media, the opponents. Anyone but the guy, right? That was exactly what Chelsea fans used to say when he was their manager.
Just wait until Jose leaves United and you'll all be saying the same stuff about the man. Specially if he joins another EPL team.
Ask yourselves: what if Mourinho was Liverpool's manager? Who would you think it's the delulded one in this argument?

Regarding the Wenger story, my mistake. Mourinho did grab his tie, though. And he stil poke Tito's eye.
Failure at Madrid?
How yes no.

J_Red 11

Jose has won the tournament many times before so I can't see Conte had this one before Mourinho did.
Being in the cup means nothing if his team drew at home against Arsenal who didn't play Sanchez as a starter and Ozil. Chelsea hasn't even qualify for the next round in FA Cup while we already did.

Being unhinged and wound up because of someone comment is part of mind game. Pretty sure he is riled up, the fact is instead of focusing on the match against Norwich & Arsenal, he was too busy to make two comments in a row when Jose hasn't even reply his "little boy" comment. The ones who aren't riled up from Jose's comment are Pep & Klopp because they chose to ignore Jose's comments.

Reactions: KM

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What about dementia comment from a human aspect?
Since the match fixing thing Conte spoke about it twice.
It was all started by media inventions and Conte can't let it go.
An unnecessary line from Conte but he was under the impression that Jose referred to him and it was suggested as such by the media. Jose said he had no problems with the response given the way the question was asked for him. I don't really look to defend either manager in this spat. I just question how Jose is coming out better off.

Nonetheless Conte was referring to a football related matter and talking facts about how Jose did clown stuff at a younger age too. He wasn't bringing up any false accusations or anything.

roonster09

Scout
An unnecessary line from Conte but he was under the impression that Jose referred to him and it was suggested as such by the media. Jose said he had no problems with the response given the way the question was asked for him. I don't really look to defend either manager in this spat. I just question why Jose is coming out better off.

Nonetheless Conte was referring to a football related matter and talking facts about how Jose did clown stuff at a younger age too. He wasn't bringing up any false accusations or anything.
Jose also didn't make any accusations.

The only thing I want to say to end the story is that yes, I made mistakes in the past on the touchline. Yes, I will make less but I think I will still make a few.

"What never happened to me - and will never happen - is to be suspended for match-fixing. That never happened to me and will never happen."
Easy game, Jose said he wasn't suspended for match fixing which is factual statement.

Conte was an idiot for falling into journalist trap and keep on continuing it.