Conte: "...he insulted me the 2nd time but now I change..." (Mourinho's Latest Response to Conte)

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I don't think the comment was aimed at Conte specifically. It might well have been made with Conte/Klopp/Guardiola in mind, sure, but not one of them specifically.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It wouldn't be the first time he's had a go at Klopp over his antics.

“I’m on the touchline to try to coach,” Mourinho said, when asked of his opinions on Klopp’s touchline behaviour.
“I’m not on the touchline to…” the Portuguese continued, before flailing his arms in the air.
And he's borne a grudge about this ever since he got that touchline ban for kicking a bottle, while Klopp gets away with all sorts of histrionics.
“You know clearly I am different. The rules for me are different,” said the Portugese, who has already had three FA misconduct charges and two touchline bans this season.

“Yesterday a fourth official told a manager: ‘I enjoy very much your passion.’ Today I am told to sit down or I am going to be sent to the stand”

Kapardin

I don't think the comment was aimed at Conte specifically. It might well have been made with Conte/Klopp/Guardiola in mind, sure, but not one of them specifically.
Jose made that comment at both Klopp and Conte, and Conte bit. Jose was obviously more delighted that Conte took the bait, as he flat out hates him.

Guardiola and Jose have an understanding now, or atleast a truce until their teams are within reach of each other. Klopp is a lot of things, but he never rises to the bait. I remember him responding to Jose's jibe when he was at Dortmund in a reconciliatory manner by claiming Jose is a better coach than him. He doesn't like to get into scraps.

I think Jose knew very well who would bite, and he was right.

redflair

It could be that Jose has inside info (as he is still close to the lot of the Chelsea players) that Conte could be going back to Italy at the end of the season and he simply wanted to stick the ultimate moral boot in with a match-fixing jibe which always impossible to wipe away, guilty or innocent.

It's not surprising Antonio erupted.

Of course, they could still meet in the CL (or FA Cup) - but perhaps Jose calculated that Chelsea's trip to OT in the league might be the last time the two clash for now, so let's tear it up a little before that visit.

But there is also the small chance that they may simply hate each other's guts.

buckooo1978

the little man comment was quite a put down - not much opportunity for a come back

I wonder how Mourinho will respond

minoo-utd

Jose should not reply back but it's Jose he always respond you know. Wonder what he is going to say next? You want real fight Conte is that what grown men do? :D

Foxbatt

It was very funny when Conte asked the reporter is he talking about me? The reporter said Yes and then Conte was into full flow. To be honest if the FA looks into this the reporter should get banned or actually Jose can sue him too.
But knowing Jose, he will smile and keep silent for sometime and then hit back.

Conte: "I won't forget this"

GM K

Conte swings again.

When asked about his comments on Jose, he said at his latest press conference:

“He used serious words, said serious words. I won’t forget this.

“This is not a problem from the club, it is a problem with me and him. I stop.”

-NBC Sports (and almost every available media organization out there)

InfiniteBoredom

Conte swings again.

What are the chances of Jose waking up with a horse's head on his bed?

SirAF

Ageist

Ding ding ding!

prateik

Again. He said Jose has senile dementia and is complaining that Jose made it serious when Jose stated a fact.

fecking nutter.

Kostov

Conte should shut the hell up.

If he is that riled up for a fight, Rui will probably deck him before he even reaches Jose and I would enjoy that in all honesty. :lol:

Greck

Conte swings again.

Hope someone gets the inevitable backroom boxing match between these two on video

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Conte swings again.

Well, Mourinho was being serious when he said he's never been involved in matchfixing, Conte! So please don't forget that!

Gee Male

Conte is just annoyed that he's irrelevant. No one lauded him when winning the league like they are Pep, no one cared then and no one cares now that they're not doing well either.

No one cares about him, he doesn't like it, he makes some noise. He's a child.

cyberman

Which one?
This isn't some prolonged tit for tat here, Jose has said 2 sentences in RESPONSE to Conte and nothing since.
I see the media making this out to be some sort of verbal war but it really isn't. This is all Conte and he needs to let it go.

Kapardin

Well, this just gets better and better.

I'd say let them both have it all out in a brawl and winner takes 2nd.:)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Mind games favors the one with stronger minds.

If it doesnt bothers jose (I'm sure it doesn't, he loves it) it can only benefits us.

Sometimes mind games riles people up and emotion sometimes leads to funny results.

Paul_Scholes18

Mind games favors the one with stronger minds.

If it doesnt bothers jose (I'm sure it doesn't, he loves it) it can only benefits us.

Sometimes mind games riles people up and emotion sometimes leads to funny results.
Sometimes it can make them raise the game though and perform better being angry. I am not sure if angry Conte is the easiest Conte to beat. I feel his teams don't implode like Wenger teams (Wenger teams implode with or without mindgames though).

Better Mourinho is fighting with people outside the club rather than with people within the club so hopefully this is good if he needs to take up his desire to have fights with people.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Dont think anyone will forget you matchfixing Cunte!
I could be wrong but if I remember correctly he was accused of being a witness and not reporting it.

RedDevil@84

Jose should respond with "Was he talking about me? Maybe he was or maybe he forgot who he was talking about"

Will rile up Conte to no end.

crossy1686

career ending
Conte’s losing it. Expect full meltdown and him to be gone before the end of the season if this carries on. He’s daft for taking that bait. Every other manager stepped around it and he ran into it, head first.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Conte should shut the hell up.

If he is that riled up for a fight, Rui will probably deck him before he even reaches Jose and I would enjoy that in all honesty. :lol:
this made me laugh. I can actualy imagine Rui swinging a punch, while Jose is standing aside with his hand in his pockets.

Touch a nerve.:lol:
Truth hurts!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'd like to see this become really childish, with Jose dropping in bald puns. 'I'm glad Conte is still talking about this, bald the while I'm concentrating on training'