Conte: "...he insulted me the 2nd time but now I change..." (Mourinho's Latest Response to Conte)

stevoc

I don't think SAF stooped to the levels Mourinho does.
How so?

What has Mourinho said that Ferguson wouldn't have?

Ferguson traded insults with Keegan. Wenger etc over the years.

Last edited:

Trizy

They need to start doing ''call-out'' videos. Like so:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I dont like all this shit from Mourinho, as I think he belittles the club. He does it everywhere he goes, and I wouldnt believe anyone on here who says they supported him saying it when he was at the other clubs. No need for it.
Sir Alex called Newcastle ' a wee club from the North East' which was belittling another club.

The only thing different here is that Jose is saying this not from a position of strength likr Fergie did.

wolvored

Is any of this really so different to the shit Ferguson said about other managers over the years?

Did Ferguson belittle the club in your opinion?
Ferguson used to do it to the next opponent or whoever was top of the league and never to the level Mourinho does it, and once the game was over usually that was it.

EyeInTheSky

Responding to Jose's press conference statements, Antonio Conte shot back:

‘I think that he has to see himself in the past, maybe he was speaking about himself in the past, yeah?
Maybe sometimes I think that someone forget what they said in the past or which is his behaviours and sometimes I think there is, I don't know the name, demenza senile, when you are a bit, when you forget what you do in the past.’
- Antonio Conte

Ouch.

Anyway, it looks like the Conte vs Mourinho war is not about to end soon.

Conte's reaction to Morata's miss versus Arsenal.
Must have been a windy night.

wolvored

Sir Alex called Newcastle ' a wee club from the North East' which was belittling another club.

The only thing different here is that Jose is saying this not from a position of strength likr Fergie did.
Exactly, and the fact that its personal and nothing to do with the club or the ref, or whether the opponent manager is kidding on saying this player or that players injured is quite different. Theres mind games and theres vitriol.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
How so?

What has Mourinho said that Ferguson wouldn't have?

Ferguson traded some pretty insulting stuff with Keegan. Wenger etc over the years.
SAF was class, Mourinho is a clown.

SAF only responded when he felt him or his team was being disrespected. Mourinho just starts to lash out and provoke for no reason at all. Secondly when SAF would lash out, he did so from a position off strenght because his team were the champions, when he was second best he knew when to be quiet and he knew he had to first show it on the pitch. Mourinho has been second best to Conte since Conte arrived in this league so he should be quiet. Also SAF always refrained from making it personal, he had a strong character but he always remained class. You just can not say that from Mourinho.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Honestly, this makes me cringe a bit.

I think these two are manufacturing a feud to take the focus off the fact neither of them can lay a glove on Pep this season.

Now the media can focus on the big fight for 2nd place and turn it into a thing because of this.

If it helps motivate our respective players fine, but just seems petty and needless.

Ainu

Why do we have two different threads for the same mud-slinging contest? Anyway, it's all a bit silly. Having said that, the media are really giving Conte a free pass here. His "senile" reaction to what wasn't even a personal attack by Mourinho was baffling, a mindlessly insulting attack that just didn't seem warranted. Where were the articles of condemnation? The sort of articles the media don't hesitate to write when they feel outraged by whatever Mourinho said. What has Conte ever done to make him so much more popular with the media, other than being an utter madman? I don't get it.

Akshay

Staff
Why do we have two different threads for the same mud-slinging contest? Anyway, it's all a bit silly. Having said that, the media are really giving Conte a free pass here. His "senile" reaction to what wasn't even a personal attack by Mourinho was baffling, a mindlessly insulting attack that just didn't seem warranted. Where were the articles of condemnation? The sort of articles the media don't hesitate to write when they feel outraged by whatever Mourinho said. What has Conte ever done to make him so much more popular with the media, other than being an utter madman? I don't get it.
He hasn't had a falling out with them like Jose did in the horror season at Chelsea. Plus, there's nothing the press loves more than a narrative. Mourinho has a reputation for this so it's easy to push that narrative, takes a bit more work with Conte. They take the path of least resistance every time.

AlwaysRed66

Hilarious Conte calling Mourinho a little man. Perhaps he should look in the mirror, & also reviews of himself when he is on a football pitch, galloping around like a demented little twerp.

stevoc

Ferguson used to do it to the next opponent or whoever was top of the league and never to the level Mourinho does it, and once the game was over usually that was it.
Thats not really true at all mate Ferguson said many things about many people over the years. They were not all direct title rivals. Off the top of my head he was talking shit about pardew. He wasnt a title rival im sure anyone with a bit of research or a good memory could find more.

Some people have this holier than thou nostalgic view of Ferguson. Truth is he got involved in similar spats with plenty of managers/players over the years.

Fully Fledged

He also nicknamed City the noisy neighbours.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

SAF only responded when he felt him or his team was being disrespected. Mourinho just starts to lash out and provoke for no reason at all. Secondly when SAF would lash out, he did so from a position off strenght because his team were the champions, when he was second best he knew when to be quiet and he knew he had to first show it on the pitch. Mourinho has been second best to Conte since Conte arrived in this league so he should be quiet. Also SAF always refrained from making it personal, he had a strong character but he always remained class. You just can not say that from Mourinho.
Get a grip.

This began by Jose answering speculation about his leaving which also questioned his dedication and passion for the job which was offending for a start. He said he doesn't need to act like a clown to prove his passion, not naming absolutely anyone. Most thought it was about Klopp. The journalists took it to Conte and he baited with a personal insult.
Ferguson being questioned about his dedication to work from journalist and then called senile? All hell would break loose, whether he was in a position of strength or not.

I'm not always fond of Jose in the press, think he got it wrong with the money comment aimed at Scholes, but I don't think he is one who started this or the one he is to blame here.

stevoc

Almost none of that is true at all mate. Its a wide eyed idealistic view on Ferguson that has little or no basis in reality.

Ferguson never made it personal?

:lol:

Jesus i dont know where to start my view of Ferguson is completely different from everything you have just described. I love Fergie and i loved his rants and jibes.

By the way im not sure Mourinho even started this one. It was the press shit stirring and Conte took the bait.

Ss3bba

I think you’ve forgotten a lot about Fergie. Bless him. He was never selective.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's like the build up to a WWE main event.

I think they call it top bantz or words to that effect.

el3mel

Either you don't know what SAF said previously about Wenger during their rivalry or you do but ignoring it to keep your point intact. Both are really weak argument.

Red71

Almost none of that is true at all mate. Its a wide eyed idealistic view on Ferguson that has little or no basis in reality.

Ferguson never made it personal?

:lol:

Jesus i dont know where to start my view of Ferguson is completely different from everything you have just described. I love Fergie and i loved his rants and jibes.

By the way im not sure Mourinho even started this one. It was the press shit stirring and Conte took the bait.
Totally agree. Don’t know which Fergie he’s talking about but it’s not the one I know. As someone else said, if Fergie had made an innocuous comment about clowns and next thing, some tool in a syrup is saying he’s got senile dementia, all hell would break loose.

Cannot stand Conto after the way he tried to rub our faces in it in that 4-0 loss so have no sympathy for him whatsoever. The result was bad enough and there was no need for that, trying to ingratiate himself to the chelski fans at ours and Mourinho’s expense. It was so disrespectful and certainly shows who the little man is. He deserves more than he’s getting tbh.

What I would say is fair play to G Nev for picking up Henry Winter. I usually like his reporting but amnesia ffs....if you revert to your mother tongue, it is because you don’t want to be misunderstood...Conto used the unfortunate term deliberately. Winter is an intelligent man and would know this so it’s odd/convenient he would ignore it. Doesn’t really fit the brief of Mourinho as the bad guy. They’ve decided he will be until he leaves and they’re doing their best to hound him out this season. I’m struggling to remember a positive article on Mourinho tbh but I obviously don’t read everything so could be surprised.

One example of the above is a piece in the Mail Online. If I could print it, I would and then use it to wipe my a$$. It starts with “Conte enraged Mourinho on Friday by suggesting he was suffering with senile dementia in response to comments interpreted as a dig against his touch line behaviour”. Not only did Mourinho respond in a calm and measured way but those comments referred to by the Mail were interpreted by journalists and then said interpretation was presented to Conto as fact. How do they not get called to task for this.

The press have loved United in turmoil over the last few years and with their shiny new darlings to champion, can’t have Mourinho messing things up. We’ve got to close ranks as we’ve always done. We’re Man Utd, so feck all the rest!

Bobski

A pair of bellends.

Diss tracks is the way forward in this modern world.

automaticflare

A pair of bellends.

Diss tracks is the way forward in this modern world.
Yeah I don't know why some folks getting wound up at conte but think Jose is ok

Press have a story they can run with for a week or so now easy.

Really this whole thing has come from the press. Scumbags.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
In defense to Conte, I don't think he meant the physical appearance when he mentioned little man. He was probably referring to how small can a man be in terms of attitude and mentality when speaking about others.

English is not his first language after all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All Conte has done is proven he is a clown with these comments!
Just rise above it, it wasn't even stated to be you!

People talk about Mourinho "walking out", or running away from the challenge, but Conte will definitely beat him to it.

hobbers

Some real selective memories about Fergie here.

He mellowed out a lot during the last 5 to 10 years, but when he was Jose's age I would say he was even more inflammatory and confrontational in the press. Which isn't a criticism in my book.

JustinC00

He didn't. If people interpret the clown comment as him taking a dig at Conte then it means those people think Conte acts like a clown on the sideline. Jose was simply responding to the talk about him. This one is all on the press running to Conte.

wr8_utd

:'(
What exactly is tiresome? A couple of press stories you didn't need to read or a thread you didn't need to enter? Must be a precious existence
It's avoidable but it's all over the Twitter when either comments. It's just nonsense and getting repetitive now. Jose will react to Conte and then Conte will and it goes on and on .

wolvored

Whether Fergie did it, and obviously me included sometimes look at Fergie with rose tinted glasses because of his success, or Mourinho or if the next manager does it, is it really neccessary to keep this up? Do we need our manager to have these stupid spats instead of winning the battle on the pitch? It does belittle the club, and deflect from real issues we might or might not have, depending on your point of view.