Conte: "...he insulted me the 2nd time but now I change..." (Mourinho's Latest Response to Conte)

blurryface

Supports
Chelsea
I feel the clown comments were a sly dig at both Klopp and Conte, knowing how they celebrate their goals. Mourinho has always had it in him to give underhanded insults to rival managers in his press conferences. To pretend that he never has any malice in his words is just naive.
I know United fans will defend him but that is always the case wherever he goes, fans ignore his antics and lap up whatever he comes up with. The day he leaves the club you guys will be back to calling him classless.

el3mel

Whether Fergie did it, and obviously me included sometimes look at Fergie with rose tinted glasses because of his success, or Mourinho or if the next manager does it, is it really neccessary to keep this up? Do we need our manager to have these stupid spats instead of winning the battle on the pitch? It does belittle the club, and deflect from real issues we might or might not have, depending on your point of view.
What did Mourinho say exactly to keep blaming him for having this spat lol ? He said a general comment about his passion, even said later that he meant himself by that. Conte is the clown who took the quotes fully on himself and launched a personal attack on Mourinho saying he has senile dementia, then later went on a full rant about Mourinho being a little man, fake and loads of BS. It was embarrassing for him and his club to talk like this in a presser about another manager.

The only one who embarrassed himself and belittled his club is Conte.

Last edited:

Camilo

Tbf, Mourinho laid the bait first. How is he a moron?
Laying any "bait" is the behavior of a moron or a child. Hence Mourinho is a moron. He should do his fecking job and stop with this nonsense. He's not playing "mind games", unless he actually thinks behaving like a child is realistically going to knock other teams off their stride. He's just being a fanny.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
The press acted like low life scum as usual by shit stirring. Conte the mug took the bait hook line and sinker.

Why did Conte bring issues like mental health into it? That was where the line was crossed.

Ban

Laying any "bait" is the behavior of a moron or a child. Hence Mourinho is a moron. He should do his fecking job and stop with this nonsense. He's not playing "mind games", unless he actually thinks behaving like a child is realistically going to knock other teams off their stride. He's just being a fanny.
You are aware he didn't even talk about Conte in the 1st place?

SirAF

Ageist
:lol:

Marcus01

Wouldn't it be lovely to live in a world full of unicorns and fluffy bunnies; where man was kind and gentle to fellow man...where competition and power and the desire to win and conquer didn't exist?

That's not how the real world works...however much you may wish it so.

stevoc

Whether Fergie did it, and obviously me included sometimes look at Fergie with rose tinted glasses because of his success, or Mourinho or if the next manager does it, is it really neccessary to keep this up? Do we need our manager to have these stupid spats instead of winning the battle on the pitch? It does belittle the club, and deflect from real issues we might or might not have, depending on your point of view.
Look to be honest if a United manager never sent a funny or insulting jibe another managers way ever again, i don't think i would really miss it. Even though i've enjoyed a lot of the shade Ferguson threw peoples way over the years.

But at the same time what harm is there in it and how does it actually affect anything on the pitch?

I also still don't see how it 'belittles' the club either, i don't like the idea of Ferguson belittling the club all those years he had public spats with other managers/refs/players etc. Personally i don't think he did and i don't think Mourinho is either.

Some real selective memories about Fergie here.

He mellowed out a lot during the last 5 to 10 years, but when he was Jose's age I would say he was even more inflammatory and confrontational in the press. Which isn't a criticism in my book.
Definitely and i agree Mourinho circa 2018 is a lot more mellow than Fergie was in the 80's & 90's.

Red71

It is very apparent that the journos are circling the wagons and protecting Conto and are building him up like a savior taking on a bully. It’s astonishing, particularly given what he said.

I’ve always felt United got the wrong end of the stick from the media over the years but then always assumed most other fans feel the same way but Liverpool, City and Chelsea seem like they are getting a very easy ride this year and we are taking a battering at every turn. Every rent a gob wanting to jump on the club or Mourinho has crawled out of the woodwork this season. I think everyone rather enjoyed our demise over the last couple of years so maybe they’re afraid Mourinho is close to getting us back....very hard to tolerate though...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I find it funny that some people expect managers to be zen-minded monks; that are the second coming of Jesus Christ, Muhammad and Moses. Even then, these prophets of God were pretty witty and have given us some great one-liners.

It's almost as if, these managers are human beings that can take offense and feel they have a right to defend themselves. Or that, they enjoy these battle of words, because they are competitive people.

Saint Guardiola has had his fair share of antics (remember the Redmond 'compliment'), yet some would have you believe that only mere mortals engage in this type of behavior.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I find it funny that some people expect managers to be zen-minded monks; that are the second coming of Jesus Christ, Muhammad and Moses. Even then, these prophets of God were pretty witty and have given us some great one-liners.

It's almost as if, these managers are human beings that can take offense and feel they have a right to defend themselves. Or that, they enjoy these battle of words, because they are competitive people.

Saint Guardiola has had his fair share of antics (remember the Redmond 'compliment'), yet some would have you believe that only mere mortals engage in this type of behavior.
Not sure you got the memo, manager can involve in war of words only if they are competing for title. Some of the posts are hilarious here.

Jose and Conte are having go at each other, people are having a moan that they shouldn't because they are not competing for title :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Of course this forum is defending Mou on this. This very same board has been calling Mou a classless cnut for years, ffs.

Obviously Conte was stupid to react to this but I can't really blame him. Easy to think his "clown" quotes were aimed at Conte (and Klopp). In Conte's mind he's probably tired of what he considers disrespect from Mou towards him. Clearly dislikes him.
Conte should've just pretended to be a United fan and we can all get along swimmingly.

BigCaine

Not sure you got the memo, manager can involve in war of words only if they are competing for title. Some of the posts are hilarious here.

Jose and Conte are having go at each other, people are having a moan that they shouldn't because they are not competing for title :lol:
I think both look childish right now, the clown comment was funny, the amnesia thing was okish. But mourinho should not have gone for the fixing jibe given conte was acquitted and conte acting like a stupid jock with no comeback going for the whole I am stronger than you and you are afraid of me thing is just pathetic.

Marcky411

Instead of all this petty tit for tat, which is now starting to really get personal and ugly, I would prefer to see Mourinho take it to the field and see to it that his tactics see Utd beat Chelsea not only at home but also away. This doesn't put him in any good daylight nor does it reflect well on the club. I can't believe behaviour like this really warms the hearts of potential top player transfers choosing Utd above any other club.

SirAF

Ageist
I think both look childish right now, the clown comment was funny, the amnesia thing was okish. But mourinho should not have gone for the fixing jibe given conte was acquitted and conte acting like a stupid jock with no comeback going for the whole I am stronger than you and you are afraid of me thing is just pathetic.

The only pathetic thing here is United fans getting riled up by Mourinho.

BigCaine

The only pathetic thing here is United fans getting riled up by Mourinho.
So it is too much to expect 2 50 year olds to not act like teenagers because one of them is your team's manager.

Also what I said about the match fixing jibe is because it was unnecessary and mourinho looked like taking a high road until that point and telling a guy whose career highlights always has images of him running and hopping around like a madman at OT, Camp Nou and Anfield, and that he seems to have forgotten his past in whatever words used is not wrong

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Instead of all this petty tit for tat, which is now starting to really get personal and ugly, I would prefer to see Mourinho take it to the field and see to it that his tactics see Utd beat Chelsea not only at home but also away. This doesn't put him in any good daylight nor does it reflect well on the club. I can't believe behaviour like this really warms the hearts of potential top player transfers choosing Utd above any other club.
Yep, Mourinho should just shut up until he beats Chelsea. Then when he gloats about beating them you'll be back in this thread telling him to shut up until he beats Man City to the league. I'm sure it will do the clubs reputation a service and make top players want to come when they see a spineless manager; that gets insulted in public and takes it on the chin.

You must think the world is all gum drops and ice cream.

tomaldinho1

I don't see why people have such selective memories - Ferguson was always making snide comments to the press and for the record Mou didn't actually call Conte a clown, the press have created their own story here.

Conte should be under a lot more pressure from the press than he is given how good Chelsea were last season compared to this season. Not saying they're having a terrible campaign but they're weaker IMO. I think Mou has found it quite easy to get under his skin in the past and has responding to Conte taking the bait from the papers.

Mou is actually having a good season, Man Utd have dropped a few silly points but the progress from last year to this year is obvious. Yet the journos murder him/our players at every opportunity.

Marcky411

Yep, Mourinho should just shut up until he beats Chelsea. Then when he gloats about beating them you'll be back in this thread telling him to shut up until he beats Man City to the league. I'm sure it will do the clubs reputation a service and make top players want to come when they see a spineless manager; that gets insulted in public and takes it on the chin.

You must think the world is all gum drops and ice cream.
What you're saying might be true but with Mourinho there is always some or other fit or conflict with other managers, what also brings a lot of clickbate press with it. All I am saying it is all unnecessary other managers seem to be able to do their jobs without all this drama and get judged in the press by the teams performances and not the fitty the manager is having with other managers and teams. In the end this is bad press and bad press does no club any favours.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
The amnesia thing was not an amnesia thing, it was senile dementia, a very serious mental disease that Conte shouldn't make light of.

BigCaine

The amnesia thing was not an amnesia thing, it was senile dementia, a very serious mental disease that Conte shouldn't make light of.
Yeah found that now, I read he said amnesia or at least Chelsea said that's what he meant ,his chosen words were poor but what he meant was clear and even he clarified the same at that time.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
So it is too much to expect 2 50 year olds to not act like teenagers because one of them is your team's manager.

Also what I said about the match fixing jibe is because it was unnecessary and mourinho looked like taking a high road until that point and telling a guy whose career highlights always has images of him running and hopping around like a madman at OT, Camp Nou and Anfield, and that he seems to have forgotten his past in whatever words used is not wrong
What are you talking about? Mourinho himself admitted in the press conference that he's acted immature on the touchline over the years but has matured a lot. He said this right before his comments that caught all the headlines.

Schmiznurf

Yeah found that now, I read he said amnesia or at least Chelsea said that's what he meant ,his chosen words were poor but what he meant was clear and even he clarified the same at that time.
They know what he meant though, they just didn't want to admit it, it's demenza senila or something in Italian which is so close so even the journos knew what he meant.

BigCaine

What are you talking about? Mourinho himself admitted in the press conference that he's acted immature on the touchline over the years but has matured a lot. He said this right before his comments that caught all the headlines.
The high road comment was for what mourinho said before the match fixing part, the rest was for the poster who did not like my earlier post about the dementia comment being OK but match fixing jibe unnecessary.

BigCaine

They know what he meant though, they just didn't want to admit it, it's demenza senila or something in Italian which is so close so even the journos knew what he meant.
But he clarified it in next sentence as people who forget what they did in past, I don't agree with the words but the meaning was clear, mourinho he implied had lost his mind and forgotten his own antics, when you call someone clown and that person replies in those words it isn't totally incorrect is it, especially given mourinho's history.

Anyway both are morons who have been shown up this season by another manager and need to concentrate on their respective jobs than fighting a pointless feud.

RedDevil@84

when you call someone clown
Jose didn't take names on purpose. So that he could say he was talking about himself, if someone brings it up.
Conte could have said "Clown?? Maybe he is talking about himself in past. You should ask him" instead of going on and saying Senile Dementia in Italian.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Jose didn't take names on purpose. So that he could say he was talking about himself, if someone brings it up.
Conte could have said "Clown?? Maybe he is talking about himself in past. You should ask him" instead of going on and saying Senile Dementia in Italian.
Exactly.

Mourinho did not call Conte a clown, he literally made no indication whatsoever that he was talking about Conte and he even himself admitted that he used to behave like that when he was younger so it wasn't even a proper insult. It's Conte who decided to go on a tirade against Jose for no particular reason because he felt riled up by this.

wolvored

Look to be honest if a United manager never sent a funny or insulting jibe another managers way ever again, i don't think i would really miss it. Even though i've enjoyed a lot of the shade Ferguson threw peoples way over the years.

But at the same time what harm is there in it and how does it actually affect anything on the pitch?

I also still don't see how it 'belittles' the club either, i don't like the idea of Ferguson belittling the club all those years he had public spats with other managers/refs/players etc. Personally i don't think he did and i don't think Mourinho is either.

Definitely and i agree Mourinho circa 2018 is a lot more mellow than Fergie was in the 80's & 90's.

Schmiznurf

But he clarified it in next sentence as people who forget what they did in past, I don't agree with the words but the meaning was clear, mourinho he implied had lost his mind and forgotten his own antics, when you call someone clown and that person replies in those words it isn't totally incorrect is it, especially given mourinho's history.

Anyway both are morons who have been shown up this season by another manager and need to concentrate on their respective jobs than fighting a pointless feud.
He didn't call Conte a clown though, he spoke about himself being a clown in the past. The press decided he was talking about Conte and Conte took the bait hook, line and sinker. Conte could have shrugged it off and left it but he looked like a twat in the process and the press are entirely to blame for this beginning, but the first shot was fired by Conte if anyone.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What you're saying might be true but with Mourinho there is always some or other fit or conflict with other managers, what also brings a lot of clickbate press with it. All I am saying it is all unnecessary other managers seem to be able to do their jobs without all this drama and get judged in the press by the teams performances and not the fitty the manager is having with other managers and teams. In the end this is bad press and bad press does no club any favours.
Says who? Are you the one assessing how Mourinho's media presence affects the image of the club? What calculations have you done...or is it that you assume everyone is touchy feely like you and so thinks in the same way as you. Some people will enjoy what Mourinho has done, some will not like it, to make a judgment that this is bad for the club is just an assumption.

You are talking about 'other' managers yet ignore that Conte himself is outspoken in the media; and fell out with the Juventus board in public. He has had his fair share of jabs at Mourinho ('Mourinho season' and now 'senile dementia'). The best managers often have big personalities and egos, its strange that you forgot this since SAF had the biggest personality of them all. He destroyed Wenger in the media; and tried to have a go at Mourinho when he first came to Chelsea and realized he should stay away (because both SAF and Mourinho are master manipulators so the media doesn't affect them that much).

Management isn't just about the game; management happens everywhere; the training pitch; the media; team socials etc. After this exchange both managers will have plenty of ammo for the upcoming game (because both managers are very good motivators). Mourinho will tell his players that Conte has challenged them to beat Chelsea at OT, and this will motivate players like Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Jones, Young, Valencia who have a connection to the club (and probably people like Herrera and Mata who like the club).

BigCaine

Come on, are you really going to play the he didn't take names card while disregarding what conte said before the whole senial demente quote, we all know who it was meant for, Conte has proven time and again that he has no ability to play or avoid mind games from mourinho and to be fair to Conte the question asked was what he thought of clown comment by mourinho aimed at you and klopp.

He didn't call Conte a clown though, he spoke about himself being a clown in the past. The press decided he was talking about Conte and Conte took the bait hook, line and sinker. Conte could have shrugged it off and left it but he looked like a twat in the process and the press are entirely to blame for this beginning, but the first shot was fired by Conte if anyone.
Conte could have and i think he should have but as his little man and lets see if mourinho comes face to face tells us conte isn't exactly the smartest cookie in the jar but then again mourinho could have killed this whole thing off by not getting into the match fixing stuff.