Conte: "...he insulted me the 2nd time but now I change..." (Mourinho's Latest Response to Conte)

SteveTheRed

Classic Jose, trying to put Conte on tilt and it appears to be working. Whether it has any effect on the team remains to be seen.

I really don't see Mourinho ever getting personally offended by what a manager says in press conferences. Conte seems the type to take it to heart.

Phil

José said facts, I'm pretty sure he was the one that started name calling.

el3mel

:lol:

The media is toying with him as they want. He's their new puppet till the end of the season.

I'm sure Jose is loving every moment of it.

el3mel

They can stop our one while they're at it.

They've both behaved like idiots. I'm glad they're stopping the childishness.
Last I checked there's only one who went on a rant of personal insults and that's definitely not our one.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
The press reaction had Mourinho used the “Senile dementia” line would have been outrageous.

RedDevil@84

The press reaction had Mourinho used the “Senile dementia” line would have been outrageous.
Press would have run pages and pages, roping in doctors to talk about dementia, catch some fans who had family members who had dementia and all such kind of stuff.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We cannot fecking lose against them next month.

Imagine Conte running down the line or jumping around in front of our dugout or even just being the bigger man and not celebrating that much. All of it would be intolerable.

Kapardin

We cannot fecking lose against them next month.

Imagine Conte running down the line or jumping around in front of our dugout or even just being the bigger man and not celebrating that much. All of it would be intolerable.
Of all the things that loon would do, I think we can safely rule this out should Chelsea win.

Demas

Supports
Chelsea
the little man comment was quite a put down - not much opportunity for a come back

I wonder how Mourinho will respond
I agree with you, but according to a lot of people on this thread, Mourinho has "won". I find the whole thing to be pretty pointless and the gloating to be quite weird, but to each his own.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This all started with Conte celebrating like a mad man when they scored the 4th goal against us at the Bridge; and then him egging on the crowd as the game finished. That's his thing.

Ban

This will be the whole United offside goal thing. He won't stop talk about it.

Giggs86

I think it's safe to assume at this point that there will be no handshakes between the two next month.

Ban

I agree with you, but according to a lot of people on this thread, Mourinho has "won". I find the whole thing to be pretty pointless and the gloating to be quite weird, but to each his own.
Neither has won obviously, but Conte can't stop it it seems.

iam_kramer

I have no idea why this exchange of words was started and has kept going this long. It doesn't make that much sense considering neither club is going for the same silverware just yet; both managers are surely maddened at being so far from first position. It keeps the media busy and looking elsewhere, but I'm not reading much into it.

Maybe there'll be another tunnel bust up if they beat us.

poleglass red

I think it's all a bit shit really. If they were the top 2 teams going for the league, it would be intriguing.A battle of the mind games down the home stretch. Conte has suddenly gone all "I would luv it" a la Keegan and I don't think he had to. I think the press goaded him into it, but meh the 2 teams are so far behind City it all seems a little silly. I don't think the squabbling will even effect the respective teams. The Chelsea team are experienced enough and have been course and distance last season, to not let this nonsense effect them. As it stands right now it's 2 teams fighting for 2nd position in a league that was done by xmas.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
It all started when Mourinho got pissed at him for celebrating the 4-0 win

If Mourinho could just focus on his own team and not other coaches all of his spats wouldn't happen

It does give a nice buildup to the game and swings throwing around is always entertaining to see at press conferences

tomaldinho1

Mou's probably chuffed. Threw out the bait, got a bite, threw out some more and the same fish came back for seconds.

Anyone else realize this was perfectly timed for the Chelsea/Arsenal semi final - Jose hates anyone else winning stuff with Chelsea.

manunited1919

Mourinho should invite Diego Costa to Old Trafford next time Chelsea is in town. Would love to see him in the stands during the game. And then see him go into the room for “the meeting” between Costa and Mou.

Minkaro

Just me that immediately got the mental image of a Telltale Games version of Conte, with "Antonio will remember that" by his head?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think it's all a bit shit really. If they were the top 2 teams going for the league, it would be intriguing.A battle of the mind games down the home stretch. Conte has suddenly gone all "I would luv it" a la Keegan and I don't think he had to. I think the press goaded him into it, but meh the 2 teams are so far behind City it all seems a little silly. I don't think the squabbling will even effect the respective teams. The Chelsea team are experienced enough and have been course and distance last season, to not let this nonsense effect them. As it stands right now it's 2 teams fighting for 2nd position in a league that was done by xmas.
Perhaps they are simply trying to deflect attention away from the fact that their respective clubs are fighting for second rather first. Jose is known for resorting to diversionary tactics when things don't go his way.

Conte appears to be the only one to have taken any real offence during this exchange of pleasantries though. Jose couldn't care less.

Ban

Perhaps they are simply trying to deflect attention away from the fact that their respective clubs are fighting for second rather first. Jose is known for resorting to diversionary tactics when things don't go his way.

Conte appears to be the only one to have taken any real offence during this exchange of pleasantries though. Jose couldn't care less.
Or they just, I don't know, don't like each other? It isn't always some deflection tactic or whatever.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Our game against Chelsea is going to be heated, that's for sure. Not sure any of this is needed from either, though the media have definitely been fueling it and inciting them. It does seem a bit pointless though considering it's between 2nd and 3rd. If it was United and Chelsea competing for the title, it'd feel way more intense, but like this, it feels a bit pointless.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
At this point only a trial by combat can settle this for Conte

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Man's got a semi final to think about but he's talking about Jose. :lol:

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Considering Wenger pushed Mourinho and didn't even get banned, not so sure our manager should be welcoming the tension at OT.