Conte: "...he insulted me the 2nd time but now I change..." (Mourinho's Latest Response to Conte)

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Chelsea fans deluded themselves into thinking Untied fans only like Mourinho because he is the manager.

There are still MANY United fans that still dislike Mourinho even though he is the manager. There are also many United fans that have liked Mourinho because he has always respected SAF and the club, and also masterminded the Gerrard Slip game.

In the first season after SAF retires Liverpool are genuine title contenders and are very close to securing their first premiere league title ever. That game and celebration made Mourinho much more likeable to United fans.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Terrible recap by the BBC:

They omit there the phrase that caused the most stir when they say "Conte suggests Mourinho should remember how he used to behave" when Conte used the term "senile dementia", with the club in damage limitation mode saying he meant "amnesia". Strange to omit this.
They also missed out the part where Mourinho fled to another continent because he was so terrified.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They also missed out the part where Mourinho fled to another continent because he was so terrified.
Very droll sir.

Speaking of Dubai, was that a marketing trip or an actual rejuvenation exercise?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He didn't return to Old Trafford that season.
He didn't? I remember some of our fans doing the chin up thing at him. Hmmm. My mind might be playing tricks on me.

*Might have been the Charity shield game.

Josep Dowling

This idea that United fans didn’t like Jose before he came I think is a bit of a myth.

Of course there will be people that didn’t like him but in the end he was and still is a winner.

I liked him before he arrived and I still like him now. It’s rare that I don’t wait for his post match interview. Anyone criticising his interviews must realise he is a genius for deflection. How many bad results have we had where the media discuss what Jose said and they try to make out he’s a bad loser when in reality that was his tactic all along. Deflection takes the pressure off the players.

His feud with Conté is quite hilarious. Jose has said very obvious thing relating to Conté without saying his name and Conté has given it back. This is part of football and why the sports is far more entertaining compared to rugby for example. I’m just said it’s not with Klopp because the Liverpool rivalry has dampened a little since City decided to dominate the league.

Robertd0803

He didn't? I remember some of our fans doing the chin up thing at him. Hmmm. My mind might be playing tricks on me.

*Might have been the Charity shield game.
It was the game where we got the guard of honour at Stamford Bridge after winning the title. The United fans did the chin up gesture that Jose had done at the Emirates a few days before.

RedDevilMacedonia

Feb 13th: Chelsea vs Barcelona
Feb 24th: Man United vs
Chelsea
Mar 3rd: Man City vs Chelsea
Mar 6th: Barcelona vs Chelsea
Mar 8th:Chelsea sacks Antonio
Conte!!

eat_grass

It's not only Conte that's playing victim, it's the media painting him as the victim as well.

“When I start [feuds] I take the responsibilities of that, and I’ve started [them] many times," Mourinho said.

"When I don’t start it’s quite funny for me to see other people on the other side acting like victims when they’re not the victims. But, really, I don’t enjoy. That’s why for me it’s over.”

Conte also has referenced Mourinho's past shots at Claudio Ranieri, before the Portuguese wore a shirt with the former Leicester City boss' name on it when he was sacked.

Mourinho now admits that at times the feuds with other managers have been his fault, but says the Ranieri instance just proves that he's willing to be the bigger man when he knows he's in the wrong.

“Yeah, sometimes it’s my fault,” Mourinho said of the rows.

“Sometimes it’s other managers’ fault. In my case, when I think it’s my fault and I should behave in a different way I’m the first one to apologise, like I did with Ranieri when I had the chance.

“That’s when our relations went from bad to good and from good to very good, because I was man enough to apologise.”
http://www.goal.com/en/news/mourinh...cting-like-a-victim/bdf3rzsbdd201c77xvfj7dcvc

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It was the game where we got the guard of honour at Stamford Bridge after winning the title. The United fans did the chin up gesture that Jose had done at the Emirates a few days before.
Thanks. I knew I didn't make that up in my mind. That Mourinho keep our trophy glistening chant should be revived just for laughs.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Feb 13th: Chelsea vs Barcelona
Feb 24th: Man United vs
Chelsea

Mar 3rd: Man City vs Chelsea
Mar 6th: Barcelona vs Chelsea
Mar 8th:Chelsea sacks Antonio
Conte!!
Perhaps worth mentioning that if Chelsea make the League Cup Final, the match in bold will take place on a different date.