Conte | Spurs Manager

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I still don’t know why he went there. A better job would have come up. Daft decision.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sounds like he's already thinking about leaving them tbh.

poleglass red

It will take time to sort that team out, only issue with Conte is, he usually only hangs around for 2 seasons.

ShinjiNinja26

It’s still baffles me why on earth he took the Spurs job in the first place, especially when he already rejected them in the summer. The squads an absolute mess and their talisman and best player is desperate to get out of there and looks a shadow of his former self. :houllier:

The Firestarter

He’s right though. Conte doesn’t accept low standards and he is obviously realising that this is different to Chelsea and Inter.
He is right but he is supposed to be a man manager and this is basically throwing everyone under the bus from the get go.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Conte, “I need 2 central defenders, 2 full backs, 2 midfielders….and a striker that moves”

Levy, “here’s 15 mil….and please keep the receipt”

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It’s still baffles me why on earth he took the Spurs job in the first place, especially when he already rejected them in the summer. The squads an absolute mess and their captain and best player is desperate to get out of there and looks a shadow of his former self. :houllier:
Lloris is desperate to get out?

432JuanMata

He is right but he is supposed to be a man manager and this is basically throwing everyone under the bus from the get go.
He’s not really though, the level isn’t high and he’s not saying the players aren’t capable or that it’s a certain players fault he is just saying that it’s a big challenge

ti vu

It's Conte's style. He may not specifically call out a player, but he had always been bold in saying his team (quality of players) is not good enough, and they needed to spend. How he still get players to perform is a mystery itself. It's just black and white that staying diplomatic in public is good man management. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

crossy1686

career ending
"We missed out on Conte! Clueless"

"He's nothing like Mourinho!"

Been there less than a month and he's already lowering expectations and telling the squad they're all shit.

432JuanMata

"We missed out on Conte! Clueless"

"He's nothing like Mourinho!"

Been there less than a month and he's already lowering expectations and telling the squad they're all shit.
He has 4 points in 2 games in the league since joining. This isn’t like Tuchel at Chelsea who took over a team underperforming. Conte took over a poor side

Teja

Conte, “I need 2 central defenders, 2 full backs, 2 midfielders….and a striker that moves”

Levy, “here’s 15 mil….and please keep the receipt”
What’s funny is that they probably do need 2 CMs, 2 FBs and need to get rid of Kane.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Come on now, even Tottenham shouldn't be losing to a team like Mura Murska Sobota.

mu4c_20le

Didn't watch it but wtf? That's a pretty decent lineup he put out there today.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
What’s funny is that they probably do need 2 CMs, 2 FBs and need to get rid of Kane.
Kane should have been sold in the summer. Levy’s stubbornness will end up costing him a fortune as his prized asset’s value deflates like my whiskeydick

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
They've gotta made their decision now of dropping down a level and hiring a manager according to lower mid table status, or backing Conte fully. They like to think they're a well run, popular club, but nobody knows them outside of the UK.

el3mel

The Spurs squad is godawful and even their attack, which used to cover for their shit defense and midfield, has taken a hit with Son and Kane being awful this season.

Their defense is trash tier and their midfield is of very low quality going forward.

Their main attacking midfielders, Lo Celso and Ndombele never play 2 games in a row with same level.

They need a rebuild. Should have sold Kane and invested heavily in midfield and defense, but they fecked it up.

While Mourinho and Nuno did a poor job, the reality is Spurs' problem is bigger than the manager. This isn't the same team Poch had.

It was a terrible decision from Conte to go there.

I really think he just got impatient and made a really bad, spur of the moment (pun intended) call.

In terms of expectation to player quality, there can't be many worse jobs in football than dealing with that current Spurs squad and trying to turn them into something decent.

The signings made under Pochettino were just a constant stream of shit.

432JuanMata

It was a terrible decision from Conte to go there.

I really think he just got impatient and made a really bad, spur of the moment (pun intended) call.

In terms of expectation to player quality, there can't be many worse jobs in football than dealing with that current Spurs squad and trying to turn them into something decent.

The signings made in the last 3 or 4 years under Pochettino were just a constant stream of shit.
I thought it was weird myself. Conte is known to take over teams that are close and challenge with them especially if given a decent budget yet Spurs are miles off and don’t have much budget

cyberman

And people thought they’d challenge for fourth. Conte needs a clear out and a big transfer window

ti vu

I thought it was weird myself. Conte is known to take over teams that are close and challenge with them especially if given a decent budget yet Spurs are miles off and don’t have much budget
Not true.

Juventus, and Chelsea when he took over was not even in the lowest tier favorite for the title. Chelsea team was better than this Spurs team, but it still was an unexpected surprise for him to have them winning the league over Wenger, Pep, Mourinho, Klopp, Poch when there was cloud of doubt over post Mourinho meltdown Chelsea.

432JuanMata

And people thought they’d challenge for fourth. Conte needs a clear out and a big transfer window
We were so underperforming under Ole yet slapped them 3-0 and while they obviously weren’t playing for their manager they still weren’t underperforming by miles they just are that bad. Conte is a great coach but it doesn’t guarantee or even make them likely for too 4

432JuanMata

Not true.

Juventus, and Chelsea when he took over was not even in the lowest tier favorite for the title. Chelsea team and was better than this Spurs team, but still it was an unexpected for him to have them winning the league over Wenger, Pep, Mourinho, Klopp, Poch when there was cloud of doubt over post Mourinho meltdown Chelsea.
Chelsea were 3rd favourites the season they won it at 9/2 so they weren’t low tier. Liverpool was 7/1. This was before Klopp sorted out Liverpool