Conte | Spurs Manager

GMoore23

He'll walk in January if Levy doesn't come up with the cash he's obviously promised him which I think is likely.
The strangest decision him taking the job in the first place.
He's absolute miles above them in stature and ability, he should have waited for one of the biggest jobs to become available.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Even United shouldn't be getting dicked by Watford and losing to Young Boys. Shit happens eh.
I'm not sure why you have this need to follow me around and make a Ole comment every time I post something, but its getting a bit tiresome.

Abraxas

Interesting that he pointed out he's happy to stay. Strange comment after a few weeks. A very thinly veiled threat it would seem. Levy's going to have to back Conte or this will go wrong very quickly.

crossy1686

career ending
He has 4 points in 2 games in the league since joining. This isn’t like Tuchel at Chelsea who took over a team underperforming. Conte took over a poor side
I'm not saying Spurs aren't shit, I'm saying that Conte is already looking for someone to blame and the outcry on here was like we'd missed out on Pep

InfiniteBoredom

Turned out you can’t polish a turd.

Talks about Spurs getting top 4 just because he’s there is delusional. If Levy doesn’t start spending this Jan and next summer he’ll be gone by August.

RuudTom83

Every fan dreams of their team winning the league…but at this time more than ever it’s just not a realistic goal to have.

For Spurs a Top 6 place is a decent season. Surely Conte and Levy know that!

Conte should be more pragmatic and calm himself.

Robertd0803

And so it begins. Bit sooner than I expected but it's going to be fun none the less watching the public jabs and not so subtle hints from Conte.

BlueHaze

My fav quote from his post match presser.

"You can push a car to it's maximum level but sometimes maximum level is not enough to compete with other teams." :lol:

His entire post match presser alluded to the fact that he is managing a club below his level. He's basically saying tottenham is shite. Was very funny to see. I think at the right club this guy can do wonders relatively quickly but to me it's evident he won't be at spurs for long.

Red Royal

Seriously happy we escaped him. Maybe he is in a bad mood this week, like a loser on the old TV show Bullseye "have a look at what you could have won"

OverratedOpinion

Considering they approached him before, surely he did his research on the playing squad before signing up? They are shit. We even battered them.

He is a cracking coach but an absolute weirdo.

Every time I hear him speak I feel uncomfortable and I cannot quite explain why.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd of really struggled to get behind him as a United manager, glad the idiots in charge are starting to learn as 3 years ago they'd of jumped to bring him in

the_cliff

Say what you like about Ole but he never washed his dirty linen in public...
Say what you want about Conte, but he's a serial winner and been successful in every single managerial role he's ever been in. He even did this at Inter, these tactics are to make owners get his preferred targets in Jan, he's probably already given Levy his list. This is step 1, I hope Levy doesn't get him who he wants so he can fall out and resign because in all honesty Conte is world class and one of the best managers in the world. It's only a matter of time till he gets Spurs where he wants them to be If he's backed sufficiently and for us that's one more competitor in an already highly competitive league.

Ps. In something completely unrelated I love how Italians say the Tottenham, reminds me of this:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
'The level of the Tottenham'... I am literally laughing out loud here... What is with Juventus coaches and staff murdering poor Spuds.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Hes been in the job for how long? Let's wait a few months.

Kaos

Hes been in the job for how long? Let's wait a few months.
Unless Levy seriously backs him in January (haha) they aren't going anywhere with this squad this season. Conte himself said it best - the squad's level is shite and he's not a magician.

They should have sold Kane in the summer and convinced Conte he could spearhead the squad rebuild himself. That might have convinced him as opposed to just trying their luck with the poundland Mourinho.

Dante

Average bang

The way he says it too
Tottenham's level has been boosted the last few years almost entirely by Kane and Son.

Nothing wrong with that, of course. But it does mean that when one of them begins to lose form, the team loses around half of its effectiveness.

The issue for Conte is that Kane in particular has peaked. His level is only going to drop further and Levy might have missed his only chance at a £100m transfer fee.

Of course, every team has to deal with ageing players. But I think Spurs have it worse than most because of how limited the rest of their squad is. It's not going to be an easy fix.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I can think of millions of reasons.
I mean, he will eventually get paid well anywhere. His reputation has has be more important than that. And at Spurs it's only going to take a hit. They are best suited to a manager who takes his time in slowly building them up. Maybe Conte can do that but his forte is winning titles. Seems like a match made in hell.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He will do good in the league - he isn't that great in European cups is it?

Does he get too defensive or tactically heavy for his teams?

Sviken

Tbf Ragnick can say the same about us. The question is about whether the manager has stomach for the onerous rebuild
Not really the same. Ragnick is only an interim before moving up for a consultant role with the ability to shape one of the biggest clubs in the world into his own image. Conte is sacrificing his own image to manage Spurs.

Interval

Level
Not really the same. Ragnick is only an interim before moving up for a consultant role with the ability to shape one of the biggest clubs in the world into his own image. Conte is sacrificing his own image to manage Spurs.
youre proving my point. He has stomach for the fight to transform us. Conte may or may not. But the level of both teams currently is not very high though we can splash the dosh.