Cop in America doing a bad job, again

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Nobody, and I mean nobody, would bother aiming at a limb if they were a cop dealing with someone who was in the process of aiming/firing a weapon at them.

There are obviously systemic problems with the police in the states but the use of lethal force is not one of them. Every single call out you have the possibility, and in some situations probability, of facing someone who is armed and dangerous.
They've got their fecking arms in the air in most of the clips!

Skizzo

Not in one clip in this thread is there a civilian that is a threat, you telling me all these cops are reacting well? And the way they are trained? That they're so fecking panicked they can't aim at an unarmed and/or surrendering man/child/disabled guy, and shoot his leg?
Really?
It's more baffling that you still think it's a viable option :lol:

RedTiger

Half mast

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
It's more baffling that you still think it's a viable option :lol:
Something inherently wrong with policing in the states then. I don't know how they cope in other countries.
Still think they're all cowboys obviously, that's what's baffling.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Are these cops not trained to shoot to incapacitate? Why do they always shoot to kill? It's like a blind panic, bang bang bang bang, unload the whole fecking gun?
Who trains these pricks? Rambo?
Well depends if they shoot someone back or like the case of the guy holding something in his hand, only in the movies cops can shoot someone on their hands or something like that, now when someone has a knife and the cop is more than 10 feet away and they shoot to kill is abusing the power.

Carolina Red

Staff
now when someone has a knife and the cop is more than 10 feet away and they shoot to kill is abusing the power.
You know the training actually states that if a knife wielding person is within 21 or so feet and your gun is holstered, you lose. It's the "Tueller Drill" or "21 foot rule". It's kinda controversial because of all the variables it takes for granted, but as far as I know, it's been the rule for a couple of decades.

barros

You know the training actually states that if a knife wielding person is within 21 or so feet and your gun is holstered, you lose. It's the "Tueller Drill" or "21 foot rule". It's kinda controversial because of all the variables it takes for granted, but as far as I know, it's been the rule for a couple of decades.
At 10 feet they have time to shoot the guy's balls or legs only if they come running at them them shoot to stop the guy, I think one of the reasons is the lack of training shooting the gun and psychological training like not to shit in their pants when someone who looks like a criminal stares at them and they start shooting until they unload their guns... shit they wouldn't survive a zombie apocalypse :lol:

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves

An example of how a knife wielding person is a deadly threat.
Importance of having distance. The officer did the right thing stepping back to get optimal distance, but officers are not obligated to retreat. He could've tripped on his ass earlier than he did, and could have been stabbed.
A "real life" example of how difficult it is to shoot at a moving target in an already stressful and dynamic situation.
A "real life" example of how one, or even multiple bullets, won't necessarily "stop" a suspect like you see in action movies.

The officer was very very lucky.

Carolina Red

Staff
Importance of having distance. The officer did the right thing stepping back to get optimal distance, but officers are not obligated to retreat. He could've tripped on his ass earlier than he did, and could have been stabbed.
A "real life" example of how difficult it is to shoot at a moving target in an already stressful and dynamic situation.
A "real life" example of how one, or even multiple bullets, won't necessarily "stop" a suspect like you see in action movies.

There is a famous police shooting from Pennsylvania, I believe, in which an officer shoots a perp over 20x (17 in center mass) and the guy still almost killed the cop.. Injured him badly. All the guy had in his system was "a little alcohol" per tox report. I think it's used in police training... But I cannot remember the officer's name.

Edit: found it! The Peter Soulis incident
http://lawofficer.com/2008/12/officer-down-the-peter-soulis-incident/

Last edited:

barros

Time to use a desert eagle 50 caliber :)

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff

Trying to tell me he couldn't have shot him in the legs and thus incapacitate him?

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Trying to tell me he couldn't have shot him in the legs and thus incapacitate him?
He could try but the cop is moving, the crazy guy is moving, if you really feel the need to open fire then your best bet is to aim for the center of your target. Less of a chance of missing your target if you aim for the largest part of the target you are firing at. In some situations a disabling shot might be practical, in others not so much.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Actually, this is a guy going for him with a knife, it shouldn't be in this thread. The cop is within his rights shooting this guy, so I take my comment back.

My issue is with cops shooting to kill unarmed people, which is what this thread is about for the main.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff

Pretty shocking this one, breaks his jaw and knocks out 3 teeth. Can't see any justification whatsoever.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
1) Why would you do that? Animals who entered the force for wrong reasons.
2) Why the feck would you do that directly in front of the dashcam if you were to do that? They will still get away with it

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
What kind of dick travels around telling kids wanking is bad? The cop should have just shot him.

diarm

In fairness it might be the greatest headline of all time! To make things even better, apparently the anti-masturbation dolphins name was Fappy!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is it? On CNN? Do they have a parody section?
No idea but there's stuff in there that couldn't possibly be serious.

I kept telling him that I wasn’t actually a real dolphin but just a man dressed up in a dolphin costume.” Horner continued, “Besides being on drugs, he looked like a heathenish self-rapist too. I’ll say a prayer for him, not a full-prayer though, just a half-prayer.”
I mean, if this is all kosher than hats off to you. That's the most surreal news article I've ever read, bar none!

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Sadly when you google Fappy The Anti Masturbation Dolphin it becomes immediately apparent that he also hasn't been arrested for swimming naked at Seaworld, for masturbating in public nor is he the subject of an upcoming Michael Moore documentary. His real name is Paul Horner though and he's a stand up comedian taking the piss out of the likes of Westboro.

Damn you Google, it should be true.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Last edited: