Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To give a nice well rounded coverage of all that's going on, here's a nice collection of some of these "protestors" trying to get their views across

http://www.dailywire.com/news/9380/...lt-11-disturbing-videos-amanda-prestigiacomo#

Some include a man getting dragged through a parking lot and beaten, and trying to set a man on fire. The damage caused to vehicles and businesses is a given at this point.
Pretty pathetic that the cops were just standing around and doing nothing. They should've gone in with maximum force and arrested all of them.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It's more disturbing how completely detached she seemed from the whole situation. How many people would realistically film their spouse in a situation like that?
As has been discussed before with other videos, it's quite easy to go into a state of shock. Having dealt with a lot of emergencies before, I can tell you it may seem almost a lucid dream and you can become incredibly calm given the situation.

ghagua

Not the best, but a slowed down video shows police planting the gun

villain

Hates Beyoncé
So predictable it's almost sad.

We can all post media, videos, articles etc that fit our agenda.

I could post the many dozens of peaceful protests that don't make news headlines, or white people who pull out guns on police or don't comply when asked, or both and don't get killed.

Or we can actually talk rationally about a problem that affects both sides without feeling the need to attack the other with childish retorts & sarcasm.

Skizzo

I could post the many dozens of peaceful protests that don't make news headlines, or white people who pull out guns on police or don't comply when asked, or both and don't get killed.

Or we can actually talk rationally about a problem that affects both sides without feeling the need to attack the other with childish retorts & sarcasm.
I assume you're referring to me? I'm not trying to push any agenda, nor do I need to.

I have no issues talking rationally, even in threads with biased titles about how all American cops are the same. All I did was highlight other areas of the issue in which people decide to take any chance they get to go out and cause destruction and beat people for no reason. I didn't even question the potential race bias behind any of the attacks that were filmed, because they're disgusting acts regardless of the races involved in the acts.

My point in bringing that up is that just like people on here have mentioned that nothing will change as long as all police stay quiet, I also think reactions of people like this at "protests" do more to harm any potential message being brought up. Why aren't these acts highlighted in the media and people standing against the violence and looting at these events?

Rather than trying to force one side to change and pointing out all their faults, both sides need to speak out against the ones who are driving these issues and dividing everyone. That includes the media, some officers, and some "protestors".

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country

You kidding right? If you come to the us I will give you $1000 if you pull a gun (fake or not) on police, but for you to get the money you need to survive.

Skizzo

The 1st video is very clear, what that cop drops doesn't look like a glove at all.
Which first video? The one that's zoomed in on a tv screen?

Watch the officer putting his gloves on before something appears on the ground. Then again a couple of moments later.

Have you dropped a gun before? It wouldn't drop and stay in place like that.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I assume you're referring to me? I'm not trying to push any agenda, nor do I need to.

I have no issues talking rationally, even in threads with biased titles about how all American cops are the same. All I did was highlight other areas of the issue in which people decide to take any chance they get to go out and cause destruction and beat people for no reason. I didn't even question the potential race bias behind any of the attacks that were filmed, because they're disgusting acts regardless of the races involved in the acts.

My point in bringing that up is that just like people on here have mentioned that nothing will change as long as all police stay quiet, I also think reactions of people like this at "protests" do more to harm any potential message being brought up. Why aren't these acts highlighted in the media and people standing against the violence and looting at these events?

Rather than trying to force one side to change and pointing out all their faults, both sides need to speak out against the ones who are driving these issues and dividing everyone. That includes the media, some officers, and some "protestors".
My question is, who's forcing one side to change? You won't find one person in this thread who thinks the all cops in America are bad, and everything is entirely their fault etc. In my earlier comments I was talking about possible outcomes that both sides need to be open to, and even acknowledging and thanking the cops for their hard work that's often thankless.

Putting "protests" in quotation marks only serves to come across as though you question the legitimacy of them, or are unaware of the many peaceful "protests" that don't get news coverage, or the many legitimate protestors who are doing so and lamenting those who resort to violence.

This is why I said it's predictable, not just by you, it's easy to resort to the media, the media are trying to ignite a race war and continue to deflect the important issues that both sides face.
For example, peaceful protests don't get news coverage, footage of BLM protestors & police officers engaging in debate and hugging don't get news coverage. College sports fans who decided to burn parts of their community because their team lost last night, don't get news coverage, I could go on.

You kidding right? If you come to the us I will give you $1000 if you pull a gun (fake or not) on police, but for you to get the money you need to survive.
What does do to disprove what I said?
Just because I will probably get shot for it, doesn't mean that others haven't done it and haven't been shot for it.
You're missing the reason for me saying it in the first place - and that's that we could all come in here and post whatever report, article, video etc that suits our opinion/side, but what does that ultimately prove? And how does that allow us to become open to change in the future or to understand both sides?

hobbers

People still going on about that gun drop? Christ alive.

Freeze the damn youtube vid at every other frame and you can clearly see whatever it is take on some very ungunlike shapes in mid air.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I can't imagine what cops would have gotten away with in the 60s/70s/80s in the US. Or basically pre-internet.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Footage released of the 6-year old killed accidentally after a car chase buy gunfire. The father who was driving survived. They're more concerned about finding someone who has gloves (protecting from blood borne diseases; first-responder class 101-you should always have gloves) than helping the victims.

https://news.vice.com/article/video-police-fatally-shooting-6-year-old-autistic-boy-jeremy-mardis
FFS even that is racist. And yeah, most cops have stab/cut proof gloves available.

Pscholes18

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Are these cops not trained to shoot to incapacitate? Why do they always shoot to kill? It's like a blind panic, bang bang bang bang, unload the whole fecking gun?
Who trains these pricks? Rambo?

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Are these cops not trained to shoot to incapacitate? Why do they always shoot to kill? It's like a blind panic, bang bang bang bang, unload the whole fecking gun?
Well the thinking is that if you are in a situation where you have to use your weapon then it has to be with deadly force. I think the law says that somebody drawing a weapon on you is using deadly force and that you can do the same back (I'm not certain of this though).

Trouble is you always see a gaggle of cops standing pointing their guns and yelling at these suspects. Everybody is amped up and a barrage ensues. There's rarely an attempt at de-escalation. They've already got their weapons drawn and it seems they are just waiting for the inevitable.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Exactly, there's no calm, it's a panicked situation every time. Cops screaming, completely out of control.

hobbers

You can't expect cops to shoot to wound in most of these situations. Shooting to wound is hardly going to stop someone firing back if they are armed.

For every clip I've seen of police being panicky idiots you can probably find another five of them being even slightly too lax in identical situations, and getting shot at.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
1.no
2.you don't shoot to kill. The politically correct term used now is shoot to "stop a threat". You do that because a person presents a deadly threat or a deadly weapon is involved. If you've shot a gun before, you would know how ridiculous it is to aim for the legs, arms, or wherever youtube experts say.
3. Police officers train police officers.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
1.no
2.you don't shoot to kill. The politically correct term used now is shoot to "stop a threat". You do that because a person presents a deadly threat or a deadly weapon is involved. If you've shot a gun before, you would know how ridiculous it is to aim for the legs, arms, or wherever youtube experts say.
3. Police officers train police officers.
1 they should be, they're supposed to uphold the law, protect and serve, not kill everyone.
2 I have shot a gun before. If someone is trained to fire a weapon they can aim, it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. What's target range shooting for then?
3 not trained very well then, massive panic, shitting themselves and unloading their whole weapon. It's all a bit Die Hard isn't it.

Skizzo

1 they should be, they're supposed to uphold the law, protect and serve, not kill everyone.
2 I have shot a gun before. If someone is trained to fire a weapon they can aim, it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. What's target range shooting for then?
3 not trained very well then, massive panic, shitting themselves and unloading their whole weapon. It's all a bit Die Hard isn't it.
If you've shot a gun before, you should realize how ridiculous it is to try and suggest someone, who is in a situation where they could be killed, has seconds to react to a moving target, to try and shoot an arm or leg.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If you've shot a gun before, you should realize how ridiculous it is to try and suggest someone, who is in a situation where they could be killed, has seconds to react to a moving target, to try and shoot an arm or leg.
Aim small, miss big. Aim big, miss small.

Carolina Red

Staff
Not to mention the effect that adrenaline has on a situation. The perp might not even react to being shot in the arm or leg.

hobbers

Nobody, and I mean nobody, would bother aiming at a limb if they were a cop dealing with someone who was in the process of aiming/firing a weapon at them.

There are obviously systemic problems with the police in the states but the use of lethal force is not one of them. Every single call out you have the possibility, and in some situations probability, of facing someone who is armed and dangerous.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Not in one clip in this thread is there a civilian that is a threat, you telling me all these cops are reacting well? And the way they are trained? That they're so fecking panicked they can't aim at an unarmed and/or surrendering man/child/disabled guy, and shoot his leg?
Really?