Cop in America doing a bad job, again

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
He should really be reporting these threats to the cops. Don't understand what he gains by not doing so.
Agreed.

Think he's handled himself remarkably well throughout this - clearly outlining the scope and purpose of his protest and at the same time being open to change and listen (going from sitting to taking a knee in order to continue to show respect for the armed forces).

Sadly a lot of people can't get past the fact he is not standing and are focusing only on that - although for them its easier to do that than to confront the actual wrongs that are taking place.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Kaep's demonstration has only riled up the very people who keep screaming patriotism, constitutional rights, freedom for all.

It's been brilliantly executed. And the very same people who continue to be angry at his actions, continue to stay silent on the reasons for his protest such as the Terrence Crutcher situation.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Interesting

"Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. This is according to a Department of Justice report in 2015 about the Philadelphia Police Department, and is further confirmed that by a study conducted University of Pennsylvania criminologist Greg Ridgeway in 2015 that determined black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to Mac Donald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Heather Mac Donald"

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Interesting

"Black and Hispanic police officers are more likely to fire a gun at blacks than white officers. This is according to a Department of Justice report in 2015 about the Philadelphia Police Department, and is further confirmed that by a study conducted University of Pennsylvania criminologist Greg Ridgeway in 2015 that determined black cops were 3.3 times more likely to fire a gun than other cops at a crime scene.

Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to Mac Donald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Heather Mac Donald"
I understand being defensive is likely to be the first thing to come to mind, but what was the point of this?
Next you're going to tell me that black-on-black crime is too high and must be tackled before we talk about police brutality.

There's what 10 million civilians for every 100 thousand cops? So shooting one black person out of a group of say 80 million black people in america, versus shooting one cop out of say 500 thousand cops in america is going to produce skewed results if you compare those statistics, and if you account for the crossover, such as every person who is both a cop & black, or mixed race.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2014/tables/table_47_leos_fk_race_and_sex_of_known_offender_2005-2014.xls

224 black people killed a police officer between the years 2005-2014, versus 309 white people who killed a police officer during the same years.
Plus, if someone kills a cop, what do they get? Arrested, a trial & eventually a conviction.

Nobody is saying, white cops are specifically killing black people.

Most people are simply commenting on police brutality period, doesn't matter if the cop is black, white, asian, male or female.
Doesn't even matter if the victim is black, white, asian, male, female, a child etc. In fact if more white people are killed than black people by cops, then white people shouldn't be silent on the matter either, just because black people are speaking out doesn't mean it only affects black people or their lives (& deaths) are more important.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I understand being defensive is likely to be the first thing to come to mind, but what was the point of this?
Next you're going to tell me that black-on-black crime is too high and must be tackled before we talk about police brutality.

There's what 10 million civilians for every 100 thousand cops? So shooting one black person out of a group of say 80 million black people in america, versus shooting one cop out of say 500 thousand cops in america is going to produce skewed results if you compare those statistics, and if you account for the crossover, such as every person who is both a cop & black, or mixed race.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2014/tables/table_47_leos_fk_race_and_sex_of_known_offender_2005-2014.xls

224 black people killed a police officer between the years 2005-2014, versus 309 white people who killed a police officer during the same years.
Plus, if someone kills a cop, what do they get? Arrested, a trial & eventually a conviction.

Nobody is saying, white cops are specifically killing black people.

Most people are simply commenting on police brutality period, doesn't matter if the cop is black, white, asian, male or female.
Doesn't even matter if the victim is black, white, asian, male, female, a child etc.
In fact if more white people are killed than black people by cops, then white people shouldn't be silent on the matter either, just because black people are speaking out doesn't mean it only affects black people or their lives (& deaths) are more important.
While i agree with most of what you're saying and the bolded is your personal view on things, it is also true to say the vast majority of the outrage and anger has been towards the black victims of white cops. I mean just look at Black lives matter.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
While i agree with most of what you're saying and the bolded is your personal view on things, it is also true to say the vast majority of the outrage and anger has been towards the black victims of white cops. I mean just look at Black lives matter.
Black Lives Matter is simply a manifest of what has been happening in the black community for decades - see the previous posts about Rodney King, Selma, Tulsa etc. Then look at what happened a few days ago to Terrence Crutcher. Are black people not allowed to feel aggrieved?

Which is why I don't understand deflection tactics such as 'police kill more white people than they do blacks' as if that's meant to be okay too? White people should be angry as well and lots of white people do actually support Black Lives Matter instead of believing the media rhetoric surrounding the group.
And ironically the All Lives Matter crowd don't speak on cases of police brutality that happen to white people, they're more concerned with trying to silence BLM.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Black Lives Matter is simply a manifest of what has been happening in the black community for decades - see the previous posts about Rodney King, Selma, Tulsa etc. Then look at what happened a few days ago to Terrence Crutcher. Are black people not allowed to feel aggrieved?

Which is why I don't understand deflection tactics such as 'police kill more white people than they do blacks' as if that's meant to be okay too? White people should be angry as well and lots of white people do actually support Black Lives Matter instead of believing the media rhetoric surrounding the group.
And ironically the All Lives Matter crowd don't speak on cases of police brutality that happen to white people, they're more concerned with trying to silence BLM.
Black lives matter is specifically about black lives. I hope we can agree on that at least. I never said black people aren't allowed to feel aggrieved. You said nobody is saying white cops are killing black people. This is pretty easily disproved by spending any time talking to activists, going on websites with comment boards, facebook, youtube or even just use this thread as a case study. How many times has racism been brought up in this thread alone. I agree with your solutions, people off all races should come together and tackle the issue as a policing problem however lets not pretend what has happened in the black community for decades isn't affecting discourse and reality. I've said many times in this board that there is systematic racism in america today. The difference between jail time for coke and crack being one of them. I only took issue with your statements that i bolded not because i disagree that it should be like that, just that i don't see the current situation being approached so logically by all sides involved.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Black lives matter is specifically about black lives. I hope we can agree on that at least. I never said black people aren't allowed to feel aggrieved. You said nobody is saying white cops are killing black people. This is pretty easily disproved by spending any time talking to activists, going on websites with comment boards, facebook, youtube or even just use this thread as a case study. How many times has racism been brought up in this thread alone. I agree with your solutions, people off all races should come together and tackle the issue as a policing problem however lets not pretend what has happened in the black community for decades isn't affecting discourse and reality. I've said many times in this board that there is systematic racism in america today. The difference between jail time for coke and crack being one of them. I only took issue with your statements that i bolded not because i disagree that it should be like that, just that i don't see the current situation being approached so logically by all sides involved.
Okay yeah I see what you're saying now. Problem is though you could say that with just about any social issue in 2016.

I agree though that the people on this board who are police officers have a right to feel aggrieved because the media are trying to start a race riot by only talking about black victims when there's a white cop involved, I agree. Also I think I read earlier that 4 latino's have been killed by police in the past week or so. So other people of different races also have a right to feel shut out and ignored too, but this is again by the media primarily, you wont find actual people who support BLM and will only view Black Lives as being of more importance than other people, of course you'll find idiots in just about any group that's just how flawed humans are.
Which is why tackling the issue at the heart and not getting deflected is what's important here.

Black Lives Matter can only speak for black people, it wouldn't make sense if they started campaigning on behalf of say the Latin community, because they can't identify with what it's like being Latino/a in America, which is why it's important to not get distracted by the issue at hand that affects everybody, police included.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Okay yeah I see what you're saying now. Problem is though you could say that with just about any social issue in 2016.

I agree though that the people on this board who are police officers have a right to feel aggrieved because the media are trying to start a race riot by only talking about black victims when there's a white cop involved, I agree. Also I think I read earlier that 4 latino's have been killed by police in the past week or so. So other people of different races also have a right to feel shut out and ignored too, but this is again by the media primarily, you wont find actual people who support BLM and will only view Black Lives as being of more importance than other people, of course you'll find idiots in just about any group that's just how flawed humans are.
Which is why tackling the issue at the heart and not getting deflected is what's important here.

Black Lives Matter can only speak for black people, it wouldn't make sense if they started campaigning on behalf of say the Latin community, because they can't identify with what it's like being Latino/a in America, which is why it's important to not get distracted by the issue at hand that affects everybody, police included.
That's true and imo a symptom of an even bigger problem. Intelligent debate and discourse has been hijacked by the way media and a lot of people think and act. I saw a clip today of a black guy in i think North Carolina wearing a free hugs t shirt just trying to be understanding but he was met with a lot of vitriol and emotion. If it's that hard for someone of the same race to reach some people, i can only imagine how difficult it would be for someone perceived to be part of the other group. I'm of with BLM fighting for what they're fighting for just like i would support most progressive activist movements. The problem is inserting racism into everything harms their cause. The first thing that needs to be done is better data collecting. The fact that the FBI has no stats on police shootings, the fact that some cops don't even have to report when they shoot a gun is ridiculous beyond belief and a huge roadblock to progress. Once we have good information and an open system, we can start to implement accountability. Let's also not forget that in America there are 13 million arrests per year and around 750,000 cops. No matter how great the system is as long as people are people there will be feck ups that are sometimes fatal. So like i said earlier , we should work towards zero but not blow up one or even a 100 cases out of 13 million to be the norm.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Kaep's demonstration has only riled up the very people who keep screaming patriotism, constitutional rights, freedom for all.

It's been brilliantly executed. And the very same people who continue to be angry at his actions, continue to stay silent on the reasons for his protest such as the Terrence Crutcher situation.
What´s ironic, is that all those riled up by his failing to stand for the anthem actions are the right wing of Amerika that has always fought against civil rights tooth and nail, have traditionally supported and participated in segregation, supported the flying of the confederate flag and loads of other social and political measure with a racist tone, and today are the ones who are trying to install vote suppression and gerrymandering to take away fair voting rights for African Americans along with hardcore law and order "patriotism" and the drug war that targets and incarcerates minorities in world record numbers . . . are the vast majority of nasty racists . . . and they are the ones bitching the loudest that African Americans don´t want to stand for the flag that right wingers have always draped themselves in to repress them.

And then there´s the whole bellicose aspect of respect who fought for their freedom and all that military propaganda bullshit, when in fact in all those wars from WW2 to Vietnam where blacks were conscripted only to be segregated, discriminated against, even going as far as treating Geman POWs better and with more rights . . . only to come home to the same apartheid and discrimination for the country they were called upon to "serve." From an African American standpoint: feck you, Murica!

For some more irony, it´s the liberals who have fought for laws against the traditional discrimination and racism and segregation, and who voted for an African American president, and who´ve sought to legislate more social investment and affirmative action measure for minorities, well none of them condemn Kaeperink´s demonstration, and in fact understand it and support it.

Nobby style

Liberals have failed the black community too.
Don´t disagree, especially Bill Clinton, but liberals did fight for civil rights, did and do fight for social investment in minority communities, and mainly, fight against repressive right wing America concerning African Americans. Obviously self interest at times, especially when it comes to the "democratic party" establishment, but there is a massive liberal belief in social change for the betterment of minority communities and immigrants and multiculturalism, whereas, pretty much the whole Republican party is tinged with historical white supremacism.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Don´t disagree, especially Bill Clinton, but liberals did fight for civil rights, did and do fight for social investment in minority communities, and mainly, fight against repressive right wing America concerning African Americans. Obviously self interest at times, especially when it comes to the "democratic party" establishment, but there is a massive liberal belief in social change for the betterment of minority communities and immigrants and multiculturalism, whereas, pretty much the whole Republican party is tinged with historical white supremacism.
Liberals often exhibit a less benign racism that blacks find nauseating. I know which I'd prefer, but it'd still be annoying.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Liberals often exhibit a less benign racism that blacks find nauseating. I know which I'd prefer, but it'd still be annoying.
To suggest that racism is 'annoying,' is a massive understatement. And to refer to The USA's African-Americans as 'blacks,' is in itself stereo typical

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Re: Charlote...."They hate white people because white people are successful and they're not."

That's not Fox News. It's, you guessed it, a North Carolina Congressman...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37453672
A United States Congressman. A man with power and ability to make decisions that affect people. Holds this view about black people who dare protest for equality. Oh and he's not the only one in either party.

And yet, people wonder why Black Lives Matter exists.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Would not be surprised if he was a Klansman at night.

If so he is probably pretty lonely these days. Racism, of course, is still big and there are other hate groups but the Klan is in a pretty steady decline. They have minor upward swings in membership but then it swings back the other way. Estimates now show around 100 to 200 Chapters with anywhere from 5000 to at the most 20,0000 members. That is still a lot but at their height they had 6 million or so in the 1920's. Not sure how many members they had in the post Civil War 1800's.

Nobby style

ghagua

If so he is probably pretty lonely these days. Racism, of course, is still big and there are other hate groups but the Klan is in a pretty steady decline. They have minor upward swings in membership but then it swings back the other way. Estimates now show around 100 to 200 Chapters with anywhere from 5000 to at the most 20,0000 members. That is still a lot but at their height they had 6 million or so in the 1920's. Not sure how many members they had in the post Civil War 1800's.
I know that is somewhat an unofficial estimate, but the number is much, much higher. In the past, they were able to go about with their hateful ways without a care in the world, but now they have to be careful of the law, and their intended victims. They have just gone into the closet for now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The video from the Charlotte shooting is up, at least the one by his wife. The video by the police has not been released yet. Hard to tell much from it, other than the mention of him being on meds due to a tramautic brain injury (happened a year prior).

The cops seem really convinced he is holding a gun though.
[this video is NSFW]

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
The video from the Charlotte shooting is up, at least the one by his wife. The video by the police has not been released yet. Hard to tell much from it, other than the mention of him being on meds due to a tramautic brain injury (happened a year prior).

The cops seem really convinced he is holding a gun though.
[this video is NSFW]
The guys wife kept saying "don't do it" so is hard to believe the guy had a book on his hand.

Tarrou

From a couple of years back but apparently they only just released the full video. Apologies if already posted I don't follow this thread that much.

Warning: Graphic images and extremely upsetting to watch. http://www.anonews.co/brutal-cam-video/

Had the wrong guy and were shouting at him to put his hands up, but he had his headphones in so couldn't hear it. Absolutely tragic. For some reason the cop was still trying to cuff him rather than concentrate on saving his life.

Skizzo

hobbers

"Don't you do it, don't do it! Don't do it Keith!"

Nah it was just a Koran he was holding...... Really?