Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

Full thread with additional videos. Makes me sick just watching this stuff, bastards.
Yeah it’s tough to watch. Absolutely vile behaviour from those officers. I imagine the pain from the injustice of it all will far outweigh the definitely substantial physical pain too.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
What else is new. Cops are fecking psychos. Look at this shit. "Bad apples", feck off. Its endemic. This is who they are. These people deserve nothing but contempt.
One guy had him under control and seven come to stomp on his head.

Bad apples my ass indeed.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Dude is fecking standing there with his arms in the air and half a dozen jackboots come running in and essentially beat him to the ground.

The Police is America are beyond repair. They’re a criminal outfit.

AaronRedDevil

Wtf!? She weighs like 10 pounds. The feck is he manhandling and punching her like that for. What a scumbag. Honestly what the feck is going on over there.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The police department have released a statement basically saying "he resisted arrest, the poor officer was just doing his job".

Absolutely disgusting.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
they never do anything wrong of course it's all above board
“The video in question is part of the evidence that has been collected in this case. It has been alleged by third parties that evidence on the scene was planted by one of our deputies. Our on-scene deputies have been interviewed in this matter and gave reasonable explanations to the actions depicted in the video,” a statement from the JPSO said.
https://www.fox8live.com/2020/03/17...fice-investigating-arrest-caught-viral-video/

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Apparently they're not gonna get prosecuted.
They’re now convening a Grand Jury. Trials were on hold in some states due to CV19, but there were also delays in the DA’s office and now they’re on the 3rd DA. One guy was a former cop and investigator for the DA.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They’re now convening a Grand Jury. Trials were on hold in some states due to CV19, but there were also delays in the DA’s office and now they’re on the 3rd DA. One guy was a former cop and investigator for the DA.
Well, you couldn't get more open and shut than this case. I sincerely hope that these feckers are swiftly brought to justice.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I was reading the thread on r/protectandserve (a police sub) and I just noticed how often the word "justification" was used. As in, "yup this is bad, I can't see a justification".

I mean, it's good that they agree the officer is in the wrong here. But this tendency/inclination to find a "justification" feels...weird? You bet if that guy had resisted just a little bit they would have defended the officer.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's Rodney King all over again. What have these poor minorities had to endure before phones and social media were a thing? Just imagine what these pigs are getting away with every day.

Dante

Average bang
"During the course of the investigation a physical altercation occurred between the suspect and one of the officers, resulting in the officer receiving minor injuries to his hand."

The fake news media won't even mention the injuries that the police officer suffered in the attack.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
From that article:

In April 2014, the Better Government Association, a non-partisan watchdog group, reported that the city of Chicago had spent more than $521.3 million in the previous decade on lawsuit settlements, judgments, and legal fees for defenses related to police misconduct. In 2013, the most expensive year, it paid more than $83.6 million.[170]

The city paid a total of $391.5 million in settlements and judgments.

More than a quarter, or $110.3 million, was related to 24 wrongful-conviction lawsuits. A dozen of those 24 involved now-imprisoned [as of April 2014] former Chicago police Cmdr. Jon Burge, whose detectives were accused of torturing confessions out of mostly black male suspects over many years. Overall, the city has paid alleged victims of Burge detectives more than $57 million, records show.[170]
That is just ONE city in the US, not even a state but one city. :confused:

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
I was reading the thread on r/protectandserve (a police sub) and I just noticed how often the word "justification" was used. As in, "yup this is bad, I can't see a justification".

I mean, it's good that they agree the officer is in the wrong here. But this tendency/inclination to find a "justification" feels...weird? You bet if that guy had resisted just a little bit they would have defended the officer.
That's because that is the lens through which LEOs are judged by in regards to use of force and shootings. I'm sure we've all seen many police videos that look awful and get played in social media or the news every day. And while they invoke emotional responses and outrage for the general public, people who work in law enforcement and have the required training usually have a working knowledge of what is justified and what isn't. So in a thread full of cops it's obviously going to be biased, and the "tendency/inclination to find a justification" is always going to be there. That's how our careers live and die so that's the first thing we think about when these incidents surface.

The officer is lapd and I'm sure he's fecked. He completely lost his shit. Could be charged for assault, constitutional violations under the color of authority. Not sure but I'd be surprised if he isn't suspended and then ultimately terminated.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That's because that is the lens through which LEOs are judged by in regards to use of force and shootings. I'm sure we've all seen many police videos that look awful and get played in social media or the news every day. And while they invoke emotional responses and outrage for the general public, people who work in law enforcement and have the required training usually have a working knowledge of what is justified and what isn't. So in a thread full of cops it's obviously going to be biased, and the "tendency/inclination to find a justification" is always going to be there. That's how our careers live and die so that's the first thing we think about when these incidents surface.

The officer is lapd and I'm sure he's fecked. He completely lost his shit. Could be charged for assault, constitutional violations under the color of authority. Not sure but I'd be surprised if he isn't suspended and then ultimately terminated.
He'll probably get promoted to Sergeant. I'm more disgusted at his partner who just stood there and watch it happen. I'd love to see figures on how many cops report wrongdoing by other cops.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
He'll probably get promoted to Sergeant. I'm more disgusted at his partner who just stood there and watch it happen. I'd love to see figures on how many cops report wrongdoing by other cops.
Nah he’ll likely get terminated. His partner looked shocked at what he was doing and froze on the spot. Her reporting him is irrelevant now that there’s video of the incident.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nah he’ll likely get terminated. His partner looked shocked at what he was doing and froze on the spot. Her reporting him is irrelevant now that there’s video of the incident.
Of course it's completely relevant. If it wasn't for the video the pig would have gotten away with it. If you're saying that crooked cops are never called out by their colleagues then that is a big deal.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Of course it's completely relevant. If it wasn't for the video the pig would have gotten away with it. If you're saying that crooked cops are never called out by their colleagues then that is a big deal.
That’s speculating. Maybe she would have, maybe not. The case against him no longer rests with her testimony alone now, was my point since there is video. We’ll learn more once the body cam videos are released and get a closer look at what took place.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It absolutely is not.

What’s irrelevant is that “the video is enough”.

When she went home that night she didn’t know there was video. Cops looking the other way over shit like every fecking time is half the problem.

I’m sure when Joe Public witnesses a crime and refuses to report it the police will say it’s irrelevant because there’s other evidence available.

The partner is an accessory.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
That’s speculating. Maybe she would have, maybe not. The case against him no longer rests with her testimony alone now, was my point since there is video. We’ll learn more once the body cam videos are released and get a closer look at what took place.

Are you trained to ever use fists like that to take down people? I mean, sure if you're grappling in a struggle, but as a takedown I can't see how using fists would ever be effective when you have a baton to use.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That's the whole point. We shouldn't be speculating as to whether a police officer would report a crime committed by a fellow officer. A crime is a crime. If she had reported him the next day, we would have been assured that at least it was being investigated promptly and not just waiting for other corroboratory evidence to materialise.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Are you trained to ever use fists like that to take down people? I mean, sure if you're grappling in a struggle, but as a takedown I can't see how using fists would ever be effective when you have a baton to use.
Well, you do whatever you can to detain someone or overcome resistance as long as it’s appropriate. So yes in the academy we did train in punching and kicking, and even in our department biannual refresher training we practice striking. But this incident does not warrant that at all. He wasn’t combative and wasn’t physically or aggressively resisting. I can only guess that maybe the arrestee said something to piss the cop off and he just went into a fit of rage.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Why do they always have that redneck/hillbillly look? Turns out the cops had the video from day one and told the family that Arbery had been shot during a burglary. They've only arrested the McMichaels because the video went public. That Sheriff's Dept needs to be investigated and punished but of course nothing will happen.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Scary how this thread wouldn't even exist without that video. Makes me wonder them number of people getting killed all over the country in similar situations.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Scary how this thread wouldn't even exist without that video. Makes me wonder them number of people getting killed all over the country in similar situations.
Reminds me of Dave Chappelle doing a skit around white people's incredulity at stories of police brutality on black people. But yeah, it's been going on a long time before camera phones.