Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Cloud7

Sounds like America is in dire need of its own underground Project Mayhem (minus the leader who was losing his mind).
What they need is more of what they’re doing right now. Burn it all down and start over. What they have currently isn’t working.

mav_9me

Anyone know how they can not charge the cops? I am trying to see if there is any logic to it. It seems so black and white to me.

jungledrums

I believe arnie will be staying the feck out of this thread for a while or he might be forced to say something constructive
Why the feck do you prioritise annoying people rather than delivering a coherent argument? All I see in this thread is you and a few other muppets hounding down others that offer any alternative opinion. It’s a fecking pattern in your posts. Disgraceful.

Last edited:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Why the feck do you prioritise annoying people rather than delivering a coherent argument? All I see in this thread is you and a few other muppets hounding down others that offer any alternative opinion. It’s a fecking pattern in your posts. Disgraceful.
I can understand people frustrated enough not to give the time of day for alternative opinions.

jungledrums

I can understand people frustrated enough not to give the time of day for alternative opinions.
And how would you feel if those you disagreed with applied similar logic? It would be anarchy. Bigots, racists, assholes and Entropy aside - just bloody give people the time of day. Then if you still disagree, rip them to shreds with smarts rather than insults. I use ‘you’ generally, I’m obviously not directing this at you personally.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
And how would you feel if those you disagreed with applied similar logic? It would be anarchy. Bigots, racists, assholes and Entropy aside - just bloody give people the time of day. Then if you still disagree, rip them to shreds with smarts rather than insults. I use ‘you’ generally, I’m obviously not directing this at you personally.
Honestly the situation with cops in the US have gone far beyond arguing and alternative solutions now.

jungledrums

Honestly the situation with cops in the US have gone far beyond arguing and alternative solutions now.
I agree that it’s horrible, tragic, terrifying and so many other things.
But... there’s still a conversation to be had. Always is. You can usually convince people if you employ civil discussion rather than reductionist shite. Particularly on a forum - why sign up if you aren’t willing to at least try to understand what has prompted someone to say what they’ve said?

Abizzz

Unbelievable.

Is it though? Wasn't it always the most likely outcome given the facts? The facts being that cops can murder black folks, set fires, violate citizens, steal property and be called a hero for it in the US. And why do we have 2 kinds of whites on the caf but only one black? Oh and it isn't a US thing only either, much of Europe isn't any better, it just gets less coverage.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
But... there’s still a conversation to be had. Always is. You can usually convince people if you employ civil discussion rather than reductionist shite. Particularly on a forum - why sign up if you aren’t willing to at least try to understand what has prompted someone to say what they’ve said?
You really think so? How long has it been now? How long have people asked for change and were promised change? The conversation has to end sometimes and turn into action when deprive people of their basic rights.

Edit: it's a football forum not a political forum, I don't think a lot of people signed up for political debates.

Winrar

Is it though? Wasn't it always the most likely outcome given the facts? The facts being that cops can murder black folks, set fires, violate citizens, steal property and be called a hero for it in the US. And why do we have 2 kinds of whites on the caf but only one black?
More rhetorical than a literal outburst, really. And yes, I have read the white text, too.

If this cop somehow gets acquitted, however, I'm afraid these riots could elevate to historic level. (i.e. LA riots). Possibly even worse; at least Rodney King was alive to plead to the public to get along.

jungledrums

You really think so? How long has it been now? How long have people asked for change and were promised change? The conversation has to end sometimes and turn into action when deprive people of their basic rights.

Edit: it's a football forum not a political forum, I don't think a lot of people signed up for political debates.
Well firstly I don’t know what you’re hoping to achieve on redcafe beyond changing peoples opinions. That’s all that can be done on a forum. You’re not going to achieve any great victory on this forum. All you can do is convince people... so yes, of course a conversation can occur...

Also what a weird point re football forum and political debates. If you’re too dense or stubborn to discuss things civilly then don’t enter into the conversation. Why would there be different rules because it’s a football forum?

Abizzz

More rhetorical than a literal outburst, really. And yes, I have read the white text, too.

If this cop somehow gets acquitted, however, I'm afraid these riots could elevate to historic levels. (i.e. LA riots)
Yes, I share that fear. And as much as I sympathize with the rioters the truth is that the rioting will most likely hurt no one more than their own families and neighborhoods :(.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Well firstly I don’t know what you’re hoping to achieve on redcafe beyond changing peoples opinions. That’s all that can be done on a forum. You’re not going to achieve any great victory on this forum. All you can do is convince people... so yes, of course a conversation can occur...

Also what a weird point re football forum and political debates. If you’re too dense or stubborn to discuss things civilly then don’t enter into the conversation. Why would there be different rules because it’s a football forum?
It seems you didn't understand what I meant, I mean in the big picture of things minorities in the US are fed up of not being treated right by the police who are supposed to be protecting them, the best the government had to say was they are making the investigation top priority, if you watched the conference they said something along the lines "send us video evidence if you have some" and then said that there could be evidence for no criminal charges, they don't seem to care/listen to what people are saying thus rightfully so the conversation ends there for a lot of people regarding this issue and it's about taking action, I don't know why you scaled my response down to include just redcafe.

Skizzo

Indeed. I'd be interested to see what he said as well.
Sorry not been around a whole lot lately, still have a PM to respond to, just haven’t had much time. Fee free to shoot me one if you have any questions, or ask here and tag me and I’ll get back when I can.

In terms of training in this instance, I really believe it had very little to do with a lack of training and a lot to do with him being an absolute piece of shit who wanted nothing more than to hurt that man. My quick .02

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Watching that Minnesota police precinct on fire is such a beautiful sight. All they need now is to just toss a few of those dirty cops on there. Looks like it's going to be a Rodney King all over again.

When those pigs are at home watching this play out on TV right before their eyes in front of their own families, do they not feel any shred of guilt or reprehensibility? I'd just like to know.

Have any cops actually publicly condemned the actions of those four police officers?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Well, service academies (West Point, Annapolis, etc) already give us a model... and a European country is typically roughly the size of some US state.

Beef up the statewide academies, have a set standard of policing that is taught, run it like a service academy, send graduates out to places within the state as needed.

Will it take time to replace the "old guard"? Yes. Will we wind up with a better trained police force eventually? Also yes.
I think the Feds do it right, regarding how they recruit and train. The bar is higher to get into Quantico or Glynco... But that's how it should be.

Carolina Red

Staff
Sorry not been around a whole lot lately, still have a PM to respond to, just haven’t had much time. Fee free to shoot me one if you have any questions, or ask here and tag me and I’ll get back when I can.

In terms of training in this instance, I really believe it had very little to do with a lack of training and a lot to do with him being an absolute piece of shit who wanted nothing more than to hurt that man. My quick .02
No doubt, we were just having a sidebar as to what could be done to get police training in the US up to Western European standards.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I think the Feds do it right, regarding how they recruit and train. The bar is higher to get into Quantico or Glynco... But that's how it should be.
Feds dont deal with poor black people though.

And this discrimination isnt only done by low iq cops. The justice system which are all educated to a tee is part of this.

It's not about training, it's about racist getting in position of power.

What they need is not training. It's vetting. Real honest vetting. This problem is easy to solve if the man up above wants to solve it. They just dont.

jungledrums

It seems you didn't understand what I meant, I mean in the big picture of things minorities in the US are fed up of not being treated right by the police who are supposed to be protecting them, the best the government had to say was they are making the investigation top priority, if you watched the conference they said something along the lines "send us video evidence if you have some" and then said that there could be evidence for no criminal charges, they don't seem to care/listen to what people are saying thus rightfully so the conversation ends there for a lot of people regarding this issue and it's about taking action, I don't know why you scaled my response down to include just redcafe.
No. I understood exactly what you meant. We are talking on a forum, and actually, you were the first person that brought that fact up. Nothing that is said on this forum will actually influence what goes on at any strategic level. You literally said “the conversation ends there and it’s about taking action”. Why can’t you take action, and talk about it? Why is it one or the other? You’re not taking any action by posting on a forum. Might as well talk about the problem.

A poster earlier made the very interesting point that racism in the police is just a microcosm of racism in the US as a whole - it’s not just a cop issue. He wasn’t exactly greeted with people willing to discuss that further, nor were people generally receptive to anything he said. If you actually think that’s a good thing, then I don’t know what to say, beyond don’t expect other people to consider your own views if you won’t consider theirs.

Dante

Average bang

Hasan Minhaj's show on this topic is always worth a watch. It aired in September, for a bit of reference.

Charlie Foley

The conservatives would be in a condundrum... stuck between their "I support the police" mentality and their "fear" of "big government".

See, conservatives typically are supportive of town and county police forces, and in many states even the state police forces. It isn't until you get to the federal level that the suddenly forget about the "thin blue line" and start with the Gestapo analogies.
I don’t trust the gubment. They’re authoritarian. Except the ones with guns. I trust them unconditionally.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
No. I understood exactly what you meant. We are talking on a forum, and actually, you were the first person that brought that fact up. Nothing that is said on this forum will actually influence what goes on at any strategic level. You literally said “the conversation ends there and it’s about taking action”. Why can’t you take action, and talk about it? Why is it one or the other? You’re not taking any action by posting on a forum. Might as well talk about the problem.

A poster earlier made the very interesting point that racism in the police is just a microcosm of racism in the US as a whole - it’s not just a cop issue. He wasn’t exactly greeted with people willing to discuss that further, nor were people generally receptive to anything he said. If you actually think that’s a good thing, then I don’t know what to say, beyond don’t expect other people to consider your own views if you won’t consider theirs.
Obviously that's not good, I 100% agree that racism in America is spread amongst the general public and also in the system but I think stopping police from killing black people takes top priority and it's what's on the table now, I think discussion about racism in the US belongs in another thread entirely, and not only racism towards black people, but towards all minorities as well, I also think worldwide racism towards Chinese people atm deserves a discussion but I'm not going to bring it up in a thread about American cops.

jungledrums

Obviously that's not good, I 100% agree that racism in America is spread amongst the general public and also in the system but I think stopping police from killing black people takes top priority and it's what's on the table now, I think discussion about racism in the US belongs in another thread entirely, and not only racism towards black people, but towards all minorities as well, I also think world wild racism towards Chinese people atm deserves a discussion but I'm not going to bring it up in a thread about American cops.
But I think his point was that they’re so closely related that they aren’t actually two distinct problems. Addressing societal US racism may address police racism was partly his point... at least I think it was... I guess we’d know his point a bit more clearly if he was given the opportunity to talk about it, rather than being hounded for not just saying feck all cops. And that’s been my point from the beginning. Let’s hear people out.

As an aside, I don’t know why you think they’re as unrelated as randomly referencing China is, but we clearly don’t see eye to eye.

arnie_ni

I believe arnie will be staying the feck out of this thread for a while or he might be forced to say something constructive
Stop being a prick.

Thats all i asked for. Proof.

You cant make accusations without proof. Now you have it, I'll criticise it.

Now that you have it, they deserve what they get now they are making a conscious effort to increase the level of violence.

Its to give them an excuse when they start shooting as trump so eloquently put it.

Despicable.

Drainy

Unbelievable.

I mean, do you want him to make a prejudicial statement that the defence could use to protect their client?

I'm sure there is evidence for both sides given the high standards required for prosecution of arresting officers using force while acting in their role in the US.
Their job is to get it right and bring a successful prosecution, not to dispel tension by making political statements. People are just going to have to be patient for the time being.

arnie_ni

He's just an asshole.

Yesteday they were basless accusations which arent allowed on this board. I called the poster on it.

Im prepared to criticise the cops now there is evidence to support the claim.

But yea his still of posting in this and other threads adds nothing to discussion and just hinders his own arguments, which most people actually agree with, but youd never know it

arnie_ni

I mean, do you want him to make a prejudicial statement that the defence could use to protect their client?

I'm sure there is evidence for both sides given the high standards required for prosecution of arresting officers using force while acting in their role in the US.
Their job is to get it right and bring a successful prosecution, not to dispel tension by making political statements. People are just going to have to be patient for the time being.
Theyd be better of saying nothing in public and leaving it until trial than what was said

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not really, there has been plenty of civil discussion on this topic and other topics of race.
I'm not condoning anyone's actions by the way, just pointing out that civil discussion on this topic has been going on for decades, and yet here we are

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Or raise tension by making political statements. He shouldn't have said what he said in my opinion. Say you are investigating and leave it at that.
Why are you so sure there is evidence?