Cop in America doing a bad job, again

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This recent killing is a tough one. I posted the info more to the point of the frequency of these events.

Some in here have been discussing ‘what happened before’ the clip, but it seems that the decedent was the person who called the cops due to her feeling threatened.

She was attacking the other girls, the police do have a legal right to be protectors. At that exact moment, the cop seems justified.

Extremists will take an unmoveable pro / con stance in here, but not every event like this offers up the reality of those views.

Threat assessment still seems perhaps the biggest issue for me, more to the macro sense of such.

Unfortunately, the cop wasn’t presented with enough time to macro assess properly.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
This recent killing is a tough one. I posted the info more to the point of the frequency of these events.

Some in here have been discussing ‘what happened before’ the clip, but it seems that the decedent was the person who called the cops due to her feeling threatened.

She was attacking the other girls, the police do have a legal right to be protectors. At that exact moment, the cop seems justified.

Extremists will take an unmoveable pro / con stance in here, but not every event like this offers up the reality of those views.

Threat assessment still seems perhaps the biggest issue for me, more to the macro sense of such.

Unfortunately, the cop wasn’t presented with enough time to macro assess properly.
Being a "stand your ground" state, if she didn't was the starter of the aggressions, the girl had every right to use lethal force if she thought her safety was at risk.

In that case, the copper shot the wrong person I guess.

The clips shown so far are not long enough for us to determine if that was the case or not.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Being a "stand your ground" state, if she didn't was the starter of the aggressions, the girl had every right to use lethal force if she thought her safety was at risk.

The clips shown so far are not long enough for us to determine if that was the case or not.
Question maybe what would the cop had done if she was white.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

I think the clip shows how difficult the immediacy of the situation was.

But it also shows where the system might have holes in it.

It does show the lunacy of saying that a victim had priors, was out on probation, held a gun to a pregnant victim’s stomach during a home invasion, stupid shit like that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would guess that she was pretty fecking terrified if she felt she had to defend herself with a knife. I doubt that she even knew the cops were there at that moment.
That’s really not how gunshots work in real life, unless you hit the CNS or pelvic girdle.
I see, I obviously know nothing about firearms.

So you can get shot and just carry on? Whenever I've seen the videos of people getting shot they usually go down pretty quickly.

Do you think putting 5/6 bullets into this girl was justified?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

So you can get shot and just carry on? Whenever I've seen the videos of people getting shot they usually go down pretty quickly.

Depends where you're shot and your state of mind/if you're on anything. For example a tweaking 250lb meth head is probably going to need a very well placed shot or a lot of rounds to go down.

5-6 rounds in this girl was not justified. I appreciate that it was a fluid situation but I think it all happened a little too quickly.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’m not familiar with him I don’t think, one of my friends in the US just reposted it.
Couldn’t punch it in against a reeling Rams’ team in the 99 NFC Championship game for my Bucs. Lost my support forever.

This Shaun King is an opportunist grifter who has been embroiled in controversies, one of the times where the messenger does cloud the message.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Movies can make gun shot wounds seem massively deadly no matter where they strike or massively ineffective.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Movies can make gun shot wounds seem massively deadly no matter where they strike or massively ineffective.
and whatever you do, if video games have taught me anything, do not let them find a first aid kit. Those suckers can fix any gunshot immediately.

Skizzo

Really? I have heard him interviewed where he says his father was black.
A few outlets claimed both parents listed on his birth certificate were white, but he’s explained his father was someone else who wasn’t listed. I think he went into a bit more detail in terms of his mother’s relationships etc

Carolina Red

Staff

As @Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær said, there are many variables that affect how someone reacts to a gunshot wound. There’s plenty of evidence of people with nothing but adrenaline in their systems keeping going after multiple gunshot wounds to even critical areas.

From reports I’ve read, it was 4 shots. Was 4 “justified”? I mean... I don’t know. It was a split second decision and there was a person about to stab another person. If you’re the girl that didn’t get stabbed because of those 4 shots, then yeah, you’re probably saying absolutely. If you’re a person against police using deadly force, then you’ll say absolutely not.

Skizzo

As @Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær said, there are many variables that affect how someone reacts to a gunshot wound. There’s plenty of evidence of people with nothing but adrenaline in their systems keeping going after multiple gunshot wounds to even critical areas.

From reports I’ve read, it was 4 shots. Was 4 “justified”? I mean... I don’t know. It was a split second decision and there was a person about to stab another person. If you’re the girl that didn’t get stabbed because of those 4 shots, then yeah, you’re probably saying absolutely. If you’re a person against police using deadly force, then you’ll say absolutely not.
I think the better question to ask is why werent those four shots used to shoot each of her limbs

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The most expensive $25 donation.
You said it.

There’s a modicum of difference between this cat who was a two decade veteran in charge of fecking IA when he was canned & a line grunt.

If I was a cop who was internally ruled against by this idiot, I would demand a review. No clue what the actual process is for such, but if someone could be so ignorantly blithe with their bias in that particular instance, no doubt that his decision making processes were flawed as well.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Indeed. Even the calibre, projectile type and distance to target can have an impact on the effects.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What are the chances this goes to a union backed grievence civil trial and he gets a payout?