Cop in America doing a bad job, again

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Really? I have heard him interviewed where he says his father was black.
Well, it might boil down to whether you believe him or Milo; it’s admittedly a tough call...

(from Wiki)

Questions regarding race
In August 2015, Milo Yiannopoulos questioned King's biracial identity in an article for Breitbart News. Yiannopoulos reported that King's birth certificate lists Naomi Fleming and Jeffrey Wayne King, both of whom are white, as King's parents[5] and that a police report cited King's race as "white."[76]

King responded that his mother has told him that his biological father was not the man mentioned on his birth certificate but rather a light-skinned black man.[7][12] His wife, who knew him in high school, and other classmates have stated that they understood King to be biracial growing up.[5][77][2]

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well, it might boil down to whether you believe him or Milo; it’s admittedly a tough call...

(from Wiki)

Questions regarding race
In August 2015, Milo Yiannopoulos questioned King's biracial identity in an article for Breitbart News. Yiannopoulos reported that King's birth certificate lists Naomi Fleming and Jeffrey Wayne King, both of whom are white, as King's parents[5] and that a police report cited King's race as "white."[76]

King responded that his mother has told him that his biological father was not the man mentioned on his birth certificate but rather a light-skinned black man.[7][12] His wife, who knew him in high school, and other classmates have stated that they understood King to be biracial growing up.[5][77][2]
One is a grifter and an absolute piece of racist and homophobic trash (especially now with his "conversion"). The other might just be a pseudo-grifter (I am not as down on him as you). Gonna go with King on this.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
One is a grifter and an absolute piece of racist and homophobic trash (especially now with his "conversion"). The other might just be a pseudo-grifter (I am not as down on him as you). Gonna go with King on this.
Nah, he played his ass off in the game, we were robbed by the ‘Bert Emanuel’ call.

Milo is the Candace Owens of ‘homosexual’ grifters.

Skizzo

Couldn’t imagine this occurring if Trump was still in charge.

The result may come up completely benign (if that’s the right word here), but federal funding has to be tied in with acceptable policing practices. Let the chips fall where they may...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/21/justice-department-probe-minneapolis-police-483991
There really shouldn’t be much push back. Either there’s no issues and you can carry on justified in knowing you’re policing appropriately, or you’re in the wrong and can start taking steps to figuring out how to fix things, whether that’s starting again after a clear out or minor adjustments.

NotThatSoph

going to go out on a limb and say there's some racial animus here:

Referencing the shooting of the 13 year old man recently (a criminal, according to some Redcafe members); these cops are clearly hostile and angry, and they're armed. I wouldn't blame the citizens there fearing for their lives. Just shoot the cops, I guess? Better safe than sorry.

NotThatSoph

Really? I have heard him interviewed where he says his father was black.
His father is black. He's a vocal activist so he has the conservative money machine spreading lies, people eat it up.It's Breitbart, Milo Tiannopoulos etc. Here's a high school picture:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Referencing the shooting of the 13 year old man recently (a criminal, according to some Redcafe members); these cops are clearly hostile and angry, and they're armed. I wouldn't blame the citizens there fearing for their lives. Just shoot the cops, I guess? Better safe than sorry.
What is the accepted definition of a criminal?

Skizzo

Good point. That’s why I asked if it was a parody.
Not sure if he came across it somewhere and retweeted it, or came up with it himself, but it’s either a bad joke in horrendously poor taste, or someone trying to stir things up. The alternative would be that they did actually post it and I don’t think anyone would be that incredibly tone deaf to wade into that discussion like that. Although the Raiders have proven me wrong once already.

Stacks

Having seen the body cam footage what's the correct protocol in this situation?
[/QUOTE]
That’s what I meant he could’ve de-escalated it by stopping her before she even lunged at the girl in pink. When she attempted to stab her he could’ve tazered her or gone for the legs at most if he had to shoot. Apparently officers are taught that if in extreme cases they *must* shoot, they should aim for the legs or shoulder area.
Having watched it, I find it hard to think of any way the police officer could have done anything other than shoot or put his own life at risk to stop the other person being stabbed.

I'm not sure how effective a taser would be in that situation, perhaps someone with experience could explain.

She looked like she was going crazy with that knife.
Do American cops don't get tasers, surely a taser will stop a knife attacker.
Unfortunately the poor lass made it easy for her to be taken out. The biggest blame goes to the father, not the cop. The dad was there when his daughter attacked the first girl and rather than restrain her or even put a protective wall around her, he proceeds to kick the first girl in the face and watch his daughter attempt to catch a body in front of a police officer. As the adult and man in the situation he let it go completely out of control. How many people would watch whilst their teenage daughter attempts to stab two people? Sicko. Those saying he should use a taser, they don't always work (some as low as 54.7% effectiveness rate) , have an effective range of 10 ft (3.5 metres) and sometimes even have a delayed response. I also feel the girl was mentally ill possibly as I can't figure why you would try to stab (or appear to) 2 people in front of a police officer. If you call the police in fear then just wait in your house until they arrive but don't then decide to be in the midst of homicide when they arrive. You think the police will just chill and let it happen? Her dad again could have kept her safe in the house until the cops game but he fumbled the whole situation. The girls who started the fight are also to blame as they must have antagonised the young girl and got her mad. The most at fault for this are;

1) Dad
2)Victim
3) Girls who nearly got stabbed
4) everyone watching this happen who did nothing
5) Police officer who had to make a split second decision to save a girls life and prevent homicide. Maybe could have shot less?

I think we all have to eat this one I'm afraid but there will be plenty more unjust situations we can get made about, trust me.

it's a sad situation, the police officer will never face any charges rightly so and it's just sad all around. Everyone always has all the peaceful solutions when themselves or loved ones are not at risk and the timing is just awful but violent incidents haven't just ceased because of the trial.

Last edited:

NotThatSoph

What is the accepted definition of a criminal?
At the bare minimum, someone convicted of a [pretty serious] crime or someone that everyone knows with certainty have done criminal acts (like Al Capone before he was convicted of tax evasion). Not a 13 year old child with no criminal convictions that was gunned down unarmed with his hands up. The only person in that situation that had any legitimate reason to fear for his life was the child, so in order of reasonableness it would be: 1) no dead people, 2) dead cop, 3) dead child.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not sure if he came across it somewhere and retweeted it, or came up with it himself, but it’s either a bad joke in horrendously poor taste, or someone trying to stir things up. The alternative would be that they did actually post it and I don’t think anyone would be that incredibly tone deaf to wade into that discussion like that. Although the Raiders have proven me wrong once already.
What did the vertical game lovers do?

Stacks

Yup, it's a shitshow all round. But it's again one of those situations which if it happened anywhere else in the western world, probably wouldn't have seen a shooting. It's a tough one, if I'm that girl about to be stabbed and police officers turn up with guns and a taser, I'd be wanting them to pull that gun out without question and I'd assume everyone would be the same. A gun has a 100% rate of effectiveness, a taser about 50% to 75% depending on factors such as proximity, size of target, clothing etc.

If I'm an officer i'm thinking the same, but then I'm also thinking a gun is far deadlier than a knife, maybe I take the chance with the taser but then what if it fails and this woman is stabbed and DOES die and I'm seen to have been standing there and not prevented it. Now this is my review in hindsight where I've had time to think, calculate and review. This event happened in about twelve seconds.

The predominant reaction on twitter has been critical of the officer and pointing this out as more racially motivated police brutality. The sad thing is that if you changed the race of any of the two involved, these discussions probably wouldn't even be had.
But ultimately, this is the result of years and years of racism and bad policing in America, the trust is non existant, they've burned their bridges of 'benefit of doubt' and this is what you're left with.

I also feel really bad for the mother, the media have basically thrown her under a bus. Due to the circumstances of the whole thing they should have just left her alone.
Absolutely. The timing is awful combined with her age and also a complete lack of trust (deservedly so) between the black community and the police.

NotThatSoph

Their “I can breathe” Twitter post after the verdict.
That would be tone deaf in two extremely different ways, though. This alleged tweet would be tone deaf in that it would be cops supporting a murderer (I agree it's probably not a real tweet), while the Raiders's tweet is tone deaf in that it's saying "I can breathe" because justice is served after a murder of someone who couldn't breathe, but it's unfortunately sharing the cop slogan of the people celebrating the killing of Eric Garner.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Saw this about an elder woman with dementia, police broke her arm, dislocated her shoulder etc. All this for her not having paid at a store, even though she went back in after talking to a guard and gave back the goods and tried to pay.
I just do not get how a 36 kg old demented lady on her way home can be a threat, and how the police do not understand that people that frail can not handle this physical abuse. Of course if you bend an older womens arms up behind her head they will be injured. Or maybe they were scared of this old woman.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...elderly-woman-dementia-during-arrest-n1264347

Stacks

Saw this about an elder woman with dementia, police broke her arm, dislocated her shoulder etc. All this for her not having paid at a store, even though she went back in after talking to a guard and gave back the goods and tried to pay.
I just do not get how a 36 kg old demented lady on her way home can be a threat, and how the police do not understand that people that frail can not handle this physical abuse. Of course if you bend an older womens arms up behind her head they will be injured. Or maybe they were scared of this old woman.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...elderly-woman-dementia-during-arrest-n1264347
Saw this at the weekend. Horrible cnuts. Who needs to break and OAP arm like that?

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
At the bare minimum, someone convicted of a [pretty serious] crime or someone that everyone knows with certainty have done criminal acts (like Al Capone before he was convicted of tax evasion). Not a 13 year old child with no criminal convictions that was gunned down unarmed with his hands up. The only person in that situation that had any legitimate reason to fear for his life was the child, so in order of reasonableness it would be: 1) no dead people, 2) dead cop, 3) dead child.
It's a good job you don't make laws or write dictionaries then.

NotThatSoph

It's a good job you don't make laws or write dictionaries then.
Seems to me that this means you either 1) want to call someone who has not been convicted of a crime or someone people don't know have commited a crime a criminal, or 2) you prefer that a cop murder an unarmed kid complying with his hands up over the innocent child defending himself or a good guy bystander with a gun protecting the unarmed kid from the bad guy cop with a gun shooting an unarmed kid with his hands up, or 3) you're going on about something else.

Which is it? I'm particularly interested in the dictionary part, because I can't see how that'd refer to anything else than 'criminal'.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Seems to me that this means you either 1) want to call someone who has not been convicted of a crime or someone people don't know have commited a crime a criminal, or 2) you prefer that a cop murder an unarmed kid complying with his hands up over the innocent child defending himself or a good guy bystander with a gun protecting the unarmed kid from the bad guy cop with a gun shooting an unarmed kid with his hands up, or 3) you're going on about something else.

Which is it? I'm particularly interested in the dictionary part, because I can't see how that'd refer to anything else than 'criminal'.
It's quite common to call someone a criminal if they have engaged in criminal behavior.

NotThatSoph

It's quite common to call someone a criminal if they have engaged in criminal behavior.
Yes. So they would be convicted of a crime (like Derek Chauvin), or they'd be someone who hasn't been convicted of a crime but we all know they did it anyway (like Al Capone was a gangster and a murdered even if he was never convicted). Not like a 13 year old child with no convictions who was gunned down with his arms up while complying with the police. Or, if we wanted to stretch the colloquial meaning of criminal, but still within your own definition, Grinner of Redcafe.

Exactly like I said, yes?

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yes. So they would be convicted of a crime (like Derek Chauvin), or they'd be someone who hasn't been convicted of a crime but we all know they did it anyway (like Al Capone was a gangster and a murdered even if he was never convicted). Not like a 13 year old child with no convictions who was gunned down with his arms up while complying with the police.

Exactly like I said, yes?
Someone who engaged in criminal behavior.

NotThatSoph

You're entitled to your opinion
This isn't an opinion, this is a fact. We both know Derek Chauvin is a criminal. We both know that you are. I know that I am. We do not know that the 13 year old child that was gunned down unarmed with his arms up complying with the police is.

arnie_ni

Their “I can breathe” Twitter post after the verdict.
I seen this but didn't understand it.

What did he mean by it?

Didn't George Floyd's family post the same thing?

I took it to be a message of support, no?

arnie_ni

This isn't an opinion, this is a fact. We both know Derek Chauvin is a criminal. We both know that you are. I know that I am. We do not know that the 13 year old child that was gunned down unarmed with his arms up complying with the police is.
Not sure exactly what I'm wading in to, but weren't the cops called in the first place because he was shooting a gun or something along them lines?

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm assuming you know nothing about juvenile criminal law in the US.

NotThatSoph

Not sure exactly what I'm wading in to, but weren't the cops called in the first place because he was shooting a gun or something along them lines?
The cops were called because someone was shooting a gun, not because the 13 year old child who was gunned down unarmed with his hands up complying with the police was shooting a gun. If the child was shooting a gun, which we don't know and he has certainly not been convicted of, unless he was shooting at someone (which he wasn't), then that's a pretty mild crime. Certainly milder than the stories Grinner has told on Redcafe, or stuff I have done that I haven't told on Redcafe.