Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Skizzo

@Skizzo , remember this being my top 5 closeness to death despite never bring stopped? 600 people, Sheesh.
but those people WERE stopped. Your fear falls into the millions of people driving who didn’t get pulled over. Then you’d be in a huge group of people who get pulled over and nothing happens to.

but yes I get what you’re saying.

Skizzo

Yeah but think of how many traffic stops there must have been. The ratio isn't bad at all. :wenger:
I clicked on two of the links in the Twitter thread and one had a passenger shot when he was pulling a gun out of his waistband, and another had someone with PCP in their system flee from a traffic stop, including driving wrong way, and then wrestle with an officer, bite him, and get control of his taser.

So it’s not that 600 traffic stops resulted in someone randomly being shot after the officer walked up to the car and decided to kill someone instead of giving a ticket.

Edit: Since it probably needs saying to avoid assumptions to the contrary, but no I don’t think anyone driving along minding their own business deserves to be shot and killed. Whenever numbers are used in terms of police shootings, killings etc, uses of force etc, it just groups everything into one, ignoring justified uses of force etc.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If true then this is a gross misuse of power by the Sheriff. If what the reporter claimed in her story is true he needs to be in jail.

Skizzo

Yeah but think of how many traffic stops there must have been. The ratio isn't bad at all. :wenger:
The National Fraternal Order of Police announced earlier in April that shootings of police officers had spiked 43% so far in 2022. The police union said 101 police officers had been shot in 2022 alone as of April 1.
Better ratio than that one at least.

Skizzo

disgusting and scary stat, but not surprising. It seems our countries level of civility and empathy is crumbling across all sectors. Hope You stay safe!
Its certainly not limited to interactions with law enforcement, generally everything seems to be trending downwards across the country unfortunately. Appreciate that though! Hopefully the pendulum swings back up again at some point soon.

Denis79

Another straight up execution…

Having been a police officer myself I wonder what kind of training these officers get, if any? I am not defending them but it's mind-blowing to me that they advanced like they did.

If they suspect him of being armed why do they move towards him in the open, leaving themselves completely exposed? They shouldn't even put themselves in a position where they feel so threatened that they have to shoot.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Having been a police officer myself I wonder what kind of training these officers get, if any? I am not defending them but it's mind-blowing to me that they advanced like they did.

If they suspect him of being armed why do they move towards him in the open, leaving themselves completely exposed? They shouldn't even put themselves in a position where they feel so threatened that they have to shoot.
They want to kill. That's why.