Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Jericholyte2

He man is literally on top of the guy! If he has to shoot him then when doesn’t he go for a leg or something?

He executed a guy for running away from a traffic stop, he should be spending the rest of his life behind bars hiding from the gangs who know he’s a cop.

Denis79

There isn't a big enough pay-check to make me want to move to the US. When the people paid to protect you do this...

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He man is literally on top of the guy! If he has to shoot him then when doesn’t he go for a leg or something?

He executed a guy for running away from a traffic stop, he should be spending the rest of his life behind bars hiding from the gangs who know he’s a cop.
It was still part of a fight/struggle, I don't think anyone could reasonably say he had the siutation under control and then shot him.

He still absolutely shouldn't have shot him of course.

As others have said, the culture/psychology has to change. American cops must be a bucket of nerves every time they put on their uniform. If they don't get their man straight away do they lose their jobs or suffer other consequences? There's no allowance for lateral thinking, it's so regimented.

Couple that with being power-mad and having weapons and it results in the way they are.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
At least no one was shot or tased…

And the only reason this man has a leg to stand on and not been ruined is video evidence to the contrary of what this cop claimed. Now imagine the amount of times there is no video evidence where this kind of thing happens.

That second video of the back of the head execution… I should have known better than to re-enter this thread.

BlueHaze

For those interested that's his own lieutenant shooting him in that clip.

It was during a $60 drug bust. He got shot 9 times by his own boss...

The story has a good ending however as the guy not only survived but sued the state department and won $6.5 million.

Skizzo

I can't believe I was in Texas driving my cousin's car to shopping malls on my own. I had a UK licence but no papers for the car, probably no insurance, etc. Had I known what this country was like back then, I wouldn't have left their house for any reason on my own. Sometimes you look back on when you think you could have died. On hindsight, this is probably top 5 for me.

Another time was when a gun was pointed at my temple while I was being robbed in Pakistan and I honestly didn't feel like I was going to get shot at all then as I was fully complying. I almost enjoyed the bucket list experience. But if a US officer stops me, a potential terrorist looking brown person, then I will be saying my last prayers for sure.
just confirming that you driving a vehicle in the US with no interaction with anyone is in the top 5 times you might have died?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
just confirming that you driving a vehicle in the US with no interaction with anyone is in the top 5 times you might have died?
to be fair, based on my time driving in the UK I can see how a Brit driving over here might make it top 5. Especially in Texas. If he had been in Atlanta it would be top 3.

Dr. StrangeHate

There isn't a big enough pay-check to make me want to move to the US. When the people paid to protect you do this...
In most fields they pay double, in medicine and computer science they pay up to quadruple. USA is bad for people in working class jobs, it is great for other jobs.
People in upper middle class don't have any contact with the police.

Last edited:

Skizzo

to be fair, based on my time driving in the UK I can see how a Brit driving over here might make it top 5. Especially in Texas. If he had been in Atlanta it would be top 3.
if his statement is based upon the drivers I could kinda understand, but it seemed it was police related and that even having 0 contact made it to the top 5 which is baffling.

In most fields they pay double, in medicine and computer science they pay up to quadruple. USA is bad for people in working class jobs, it is great for other jobs.
People in upper middle class don't have any contact with the police.
Speaking in absolutes is never accurate.

SirAnderson

For those interested that's his own lieutenant shooting him in that clip.

It was during a $60 drug bust. He got shot 9 times by his own boss...

The story has a good ending however as the guy not only survived but sued the state department and won $6.5 million.
Relieved to hear he survived.

But that cop, "I'm sorry, I thought you were a bad guy".
I mean he didn't give a rats ass, saw gun and just fired, not if it was drawn out or even aimed, just "gun!!" not seconds later and the shooting starts, no attempt to even ask for the gun to be lowered if was raised, or dropped or whatever. Just start shooting at the first site of seeing a gun.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Relieved to hear he survived.

But that cop, "I'm sorry, I thought you were a bad guy".
I mean he didn't give a rats ass, saw gun and just fired, not if it was drawn out or even aimed, just "gun!!" not seconds later and the shooting starts, no attempt to even ask for the gun to be lowered if was raised, or dropped or whatever. Just start shooting at the first site of seeing a gun.
I imagine it takes balls to see a gun and keep your cool, just get the feeling a lot of these cops are cowards, they get scared and they overreact.

But yeah, any job where they can refuse to hire you because you score too high on an IQ test...

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
if his statement is based upon the drivers I could kinda understand, but it seemed it was police related and that even having 0 contact made it to the top 5 which is baffling.
I have obviously lived a very sheltered life. I'm sure others have had different experiences. But other than the gun pointed at my head, a knife crime, having a plane take off but have an emergency crash landing back on to the run way at 200mph, the threat of being pulled up (but not actually being pulled up) by a Texan officer is still bad enough to make it top 5. Enough that I will never be driving in America if I ever decide to go there again.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
American cops truly are nuts. But it also amazes me how often they have these wrestling matches with suspects. Where I live I don't recall cops constantly fighting suspects on the ground at all.

Dr. StrangeHate

Speaking in absolutes is never accurate.
Fair point. I really need to stop doing that and add generally.

Skizzo

I have obviously lived a very sheltered life. I'm sure others have had different experiences. But other than the gun pointed at my head, a knife crime, having a plane take off but have an emergency crash landing back on to the run way at 200mph, the threat of being pulled up (but not actually being pulled up) by a Texan officer is still bad enough to make it top 5. Enough that I will never be driving in America if I ever decide to go there again.
Not trying to downplay your situation. I know we’re looking at it from different perspectives and experiences, it just struck me that even something that didn’t happen ended up making your list.

bosskeano

Forget the cops. Just come to South Carolina and drive up I-85 border to border. It changes people.
:lol:....I85 and I26 has some mighty swings

greenville, charleston,parts of Columbia....are massively different from say Moncks Corner, Anderson, Easley, Aiken

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
:lol:....I85 and I26 has some mighty swings

greenville, charleston,parts of Columbia....are massively different from say Moncks Corner, Anderson, Easley, Aiken
When we used to do the B'Ham to RDU drive (which yes, encompasses 85 from border to border) we always made sure we we topped off ourside of Atlanta so as not to stop in SC for gas. Just saying.

That being said, Charleston is one of our favorite cities. I was there a few weeks ago for work and was reminded how amazing the food is.

bosskeano

When we used to do the B'Ham to RDU drive (which yes, encompasses 85 from border to border) we always made sure we we topped off ourside of Atlanta so as not to stop in SC for gas. Just saying.

That being said, Charleston is one of our favorite cities. I was there a few weeks ago for work and was reminded how amazing the food is.
Greenville is probably the only place between Bham and Raleigh that if you had to stop, especially at night, where you would feel relatively safe. Anywhere else, hell no. Did that drive from G'ville to RDU a lot b/c of family living in Raleigh.

Charleston, IMO, is the nicest place on the east coast to live or visit. As you said, food is incredible and the people are usually extremely polite and nice. Beaches are great and some nice bars and nightlife

bosskeano

Greenville is great.

Avoid Anderson and Spartanburg at all costs.
:lol:. i can tell you this though, Greenville used to be like Spartanburg before the BMW plant arrived and completely changed the landscape of that city. You NEVER went to downtown Greenville unless you wanted to get shot, buy drugs or pick up a hooker

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
:lol:. i can tell you this though, Greenville used to be like Spartanburg before the BMW plant arrived and completely changed the landscape of that city. You NEVER went to downtown Greenville unless you wanted to get shot, buy drugs or pick up a hooker

Carolina Red

Staff
Facts. That’s actually almost word for word what I tell my students about old downtown Greenville… I use it as an example when I have to teach about “urban revitalization”.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That's known as an inner city trifecta in some places.

bosskeano

Facts. That’s actually almost word for word what I tell my students about old downtown Greenville… I use it as an example when I have to teach about “urban revitalization”.
moved away from the area for about 10 years and hadn't been back until about 4 years ago....i couldn't believe the downtown area transformation. They completely revitalized and upgraded downtown to make it not only safe but a place where people actually would eat dinner, rent a hotel or Hell even walk around as it was safe to do so. The waterfall area was really impressive.