Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Support the Blue is out in force, I'm not American but if I was I'd be ashamed of my fellow citizens!

lonelyred

RAW VIDEO: Memphis PD releases videos in Tyre Nichols’ death

Unedited, 1:20:43 in total

Police body camera videos are disgusting, the pole camera footage is especially sickening (49:40, no tone)

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
come on...no chance Federalism would happen in this country in the modern era. How do you honestly expect them to set up regional governments and separate power to states? That seriously wasn't the idea behind what took place and that was never on the table from any republican that has addressed the issue since taht took place
Wow, you doubled down hard. Well done.

You actually have no idea what federalism is

Denis79

RAW VIDEO: Memphis PD releases videos in Tyre Nichols’ death

Unedited, 1:20:43 long in total

Police body camera videos are disgusting, the footage recorded by a pole camera is especially sickening (49:40, no tone)
Can't watch the whole thing...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Well he works for Fox, i though that was kind of required??
He was quite the commendable sports reporter out of the Midwest years ago. Not sure if this version of him is his true version & we are just now seeing it or if he had to work at his transformation / grift.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
He was quite the commendable sports reporter out of the Midwest years ago. Not sure if this version of him is his true version & we are just now seeing it or if he had to work at his transformation.
OK - I really know him TBH, I only follow MLB and mainly the Red Sox in US sports

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
These videos are about as equally disturbing as the Rodney King clip. RK was so jarring due to its uniqueness, nothing like that had ever been seen before & the raw force of the cops was jaw dropping. It was a bit more concentrated than the Tyre Nichols in terms of sheer brutality, but the jarring aspect of the TN video is that he was completely defenseless during the beating.

bosskeano

It was a while ago and it did take me aback at the time, especially as a few years earlier we had a Rasta living mext door and he was as fine a fella as you'd hope to meet!
my roommate when i lived in charleston was a trinny....he was in my wedding and one of the coolest dudes i'd ever met. we're still good friends to this day and his daughter actually just got called up to the T&T Womens National Team

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
my roommate when i lived in charleston was a trinny....he was in my wedding and one of the coolest dudes i'd ever met. we're still good friends to this day and his daughter actually just got called up to the T&T Womens National Team
See it's not hard to get a long with folks who are different to you, one day some folks might actually try it and be surprised, not holding my breath though!

Without thinking about it, my last room mate in London was from Ghana!

bosskeano

As a non-American could you explain it for me?
it's basically the concept of government under which significant powers are shared between the Federal and the Regional /State Governments. It's actually what was part of the original orientation of the founding fathers

bosskeano

See it's not hard to get a long with folks who are different to you, one day some folks might actually try it and be surprised, not holding my breath though!
oh i agree 100%....it's quite sad actually b/c he was like a brother to me

bosskeano

These videos are about as equally disturbing as the Rodney King clip. RK was so jarring due to its uniqueness, nothing like that had ever been seen before & the raw force of the cops was jaw dropping. It was a bit more concentrated than the Tyre Nichols in terms of sheer brutality, but the jarring aspect of the TN video is that he was completely defenseless during the beating.
every bit if not worse than the Rodney King videos

NotThatSoph

Interesting article! I hadn't thought of the Boston Tea Party as one, but of course it kinda was. And the Stonewall riots are a very good example of one that even had an ultimately good outcome (which is rarely the case, even if it's for a legitimate cause).
For a UK example the Battle of Cable in 36 is a classic, Mosley/BUP protected by thousands of cops getting driven out.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, 30 seconds of that is enough. Serioisus question: are American cops in any way screened on any level before getting a gun and badge? Like, a Rorschach test and if it turns out your answer to all of them is. I want to savagely kill people, you're out?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That "Remember: Keep it constructive" banner at the bottom of this thread is a piss-take!

Fecking remove it!

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, 30 seconds of that is enough. Serioisus question: are American cops in any way screened on any level before getting a gun and badge? Like, a Rorschach test and if it turns out your answer to all of them is. I want to savagely kill people, you're out?
Police down here in Victoria, Australia have to undertake a 400+ multiple choice Psych-based questionnaire and then (most, like 9/10 applicants) will undertake an individual one-on-one assessment with a Psych, and then a further panel interview with (generally) two Sergeant's.

I wonder what Police over there have to do to get through.

WPMUFC

Police down here in Victoria, Australia have to undertake a 400+ multiple choice Psych-based questionnaire and then (most, like 9/10 applicants) will undertake an individual one-on-one assessment with a Psych, and then a further panel interview with (generally) two Sergeant's.

I wonder what Police over there have to do to get through.
NSW police require successful completion of an Associate Degree at Charles Sturt University if you make it to the academy stage.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
come on...that wasn't a riot and to call it an insurrection is media politicizing because clearly there was no coup happening and no one was attacking the white house or trying to overthrow the gov't. It's also playing the What if game.
What the feck

DickDastardly

Its a neverending cycle of violence.

Uneducated and probably mentally flawed people being choosed for a job that requires a higher level of screening vs the highest rates of murder and violence of a country in the world all seasoned up with zero gun control and freedom to kill.

Seriously now, what could go wrong?

And the solution is right there in front of your noses and it's pretty simple.

First - education, make it better.
Second - ban the fecking guns will ya?
Third - screen the cops better.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The pole cam footage is horrendous. I don't even have any words tbh, just sadness. How could people do that to someone? Doesn't matter what crime he might have committed, you're supposed to be fecking police officers.
It's like the bouncers at the club I bartended at as a 20something. They were always saying stuff like, I hope those guys start something. I would love to bash in their faces. They fecking revelled in violence. These guys do too it seems.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Didn’t watch the video but read a description. Sounds horrific. Does anyone think the fact that all the police officers were black will change the way this is perceived throughout America? (and the rest of the world) Or is there going to be another big BLM protest?
The officers being black is the only reason they were immediately fired and charged.

There will justifiably be protests and riots.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Just couldn’t watch more than a few seconds. Fecking abhorrent. Frightening use of force and it all seemed so out of control and brutal. Wtf?

Before watching I’d assumed the officers were all going to be white too. You can see how because some of the officers were black, it will / could be used to reflect on them as individuals and not the police force itself. Dreadful. Shameful.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The entrance screening & educational requirements are laughably miniscule v. other countries’ requirements.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Didn’t watch the video but read a description. Sounds horrific. Does anyone think the fact that all the police officers were black will change the way this is perceived throughout America? (and the rest of the world) Or is there going to be another big BLM protest?
The protest has already started. We had to leave work early today for safety concerns because they were protesting at Time Square. It was al just peaceful protest so far. The video is horrible to look at. I still can't understand how a person could be so cruel to another human being.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
come on...that wasn't a riot and to call it an insurrection is media politicizing because clearly there was no coup happening and no one was attacking the white house or trying to overthrow the gov't. It's also playing the What if game.
That you F*cker Carlson?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The officers being black is the only reason they were immediately fired and charged.

There will justifiably be protests and riots.
Don’t you think the swift response is more down to an effort to prevent the same riots happening again? Same way there was loads of efforts at damage limiting PR before the footage was released?