Cop in America doing a bad job, again

nimic

something nice
Scout
Officer who shot an unarmed 11-year-old boy in his home should be fired, family attorney says

https://apnews.com/article/police-shoot-child-indianola-mississippi-fcfd1410354b93824f44dff19c29ed92

Moore said Nakala Murry asked her son to call police at about 4 a.m. Saturday when the father of one of her other children showed up at her home. Moore said the man was irate and Nakala Murry felt threatened.

“He called the police to come to his mother’s rescue,” Moore said of Aderrien. “He called his grandmother to come to his mother’s rescue. The police came there and escalated the situation.”

Moore said two officers responded, and one kicked the front door before Nakala Murry opened it. She told them the intruder had left the home but three children were inside, Moore said.

Moore said Nakala Murry told him that Sgt. Greg Capers, who is Black, yelled into the home and said anyone inside should come out with their hands up. Moore said Aderrien walked into the living room with nothing in his hands, and Capers shot him in the chest.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
This may have been posted a while back but curious what the Caf LEOs think - Is it legal to place a package on someone's porch so they bring it inside which then supposedly would allow for an immediate search into the residence? Sounds like entrapment.

And how they handled the older man is beyond ridiculous.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Doesn't seem wise to be unloading your weapon at a cruiser with a fellow officer inside, assuming they knew this, and with a fast food business right behind what if a stray bullet hits someone inside enjoying their food. And looks like execution after pulling the man out of the vehicle though he may have been mortally wounded beforehand. Just seems too much adrenaline though I get they likely feared the safety of their brother.

2:30 for audio with film and 4:15 for shooting

2:10 for retired NYPD Chief on his thoughts on the final three shots

nimic

something nice
Scout
https://eu.news-press.com/story/new...ng-his-pants/70350225007/#ljfyg3297eorz0rsies

(How nice to see a local US media site actually having taken the effort to create a GDPR compliant version for European visitors, for once!)

3-year-old put in jail for potty-training trouble by Daytona Beach Shores police officer

A 3½-year-old child having difficulty getting potty trained was brought to the Daytona Beach Shores Public Safety Department on successive days last October and placed in jail, a high-ranking officer told a caseworker during an interview.

On the second occasion, Oct. 6, 2022, the child was also handcuffed.

"He was crying. I was getting the response I expected from him," Lt. Michael Schoenbrod told the Department of Children and Families caseworker, body-cam footage from a Volusia County Sheriff's Office deputy shows.

[...]

Schoenbrod told the caseworker he has used the put-a-child-in-jail technique before.

Approximately nine years earlier, he said he disciplined his 4-year-old son similarly after misbehaving at preschool.

Schoenbrod said he had asked the boy whether he had hit a girl and the boy said yes. So Schoenbrod then told the boy he puts people in jail when they hit other people.

"I took him to the jail and he sat there. And I watched him ... and he was crying and everything, and to this day, if you mention, like, that incident, he’s just like, ‘I would never do that again.’ It was effective," Schoenbrod said. "So that’s why I did it with this. He didn’t hit anybody, but I figured the same thing, discipline. And he didn’t want to go back, so ...”

Later, on the hourlong body-cam footage, most of which contained scrambled video, Long could be heard calling the investigation "insane," while Schoenbrod responded: “It’s just disgusting that somebody would drag our family through the mud like this.”

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

Governor Ned Lamont said an investigation was being launched after a damning new audit found there is a “high likelihood” hundreds of Connecticut State Police troopers collectively falsified tens of thousands traffic ticket records over much of the past decade.

The findings, presented at a public meeting Wednesday, allege systemic violations of state law and that the misreporting skewed racial profiling data making it appear troopers ticketed more white drivers and fewer minority motorists than they really did.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I can't comprehend how this is even real. Moreso that the cop was off on a misdemeanor for not "perceiving" the flashing lights and honking fecking sounds of a train track?
I wonder if "not perceiving" flashing lights and siren would ever work for someone who does not pull over... somehow I doubt it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Immediately after the video stopped he unloaded 15 rounds at the slide as he feared for his safety.