Cop in America doing a bad job, again

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Saw something on this earlier today. Apparently the police department policy states that if the officer can do so they should avoid the car rather than use force.

Hopefully means he'll lose his job at least, though you never know with American cops.
Many departments have in fact changed their policies to “shall” move out of the way.

RedDevil@84

This brought me to tears. It's a fcking assassination. Of a calm young pregnant woman in her car for what, a supposed shoplifting? I read somewhere she might not even have shoplifted. And I swear she just takes her foot off the break and the car idles forward when the pig shoots her.

How. How are there not riots. This is insane.

Edit: The comments on that Twitter page are all sickening. Doesn't seem like anyone watched the footage and just took the police report at face value.

Edit 2: shoplifting value was around $20. And eye witnesses say it wasn't even her.
The cops are trained to shoot when in doubt. So that is what they do. They think they are right in doing so.

Ted Lasso

The cops are trained to shoot when in doubt. So that is what they do. They think they are right in doing so.
I'd call it more of a lack of punitive action for doing a bad job.

Friends of mine in law enforcement say there's a deep rooted racism in the US police force that is glorified. These instances are seen and tolerated as occasional mishaps by shitty cops but acceptable collateral damage. Which is why cops are so used to getting away with things. There would be little to no attempts at reform were it not for all the recordings and public scrutiny of late.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'd call it more of a lack of punitive action for doing a bad job.

Friends of mine in law enforcement say there's a deep rooted racism in the US police force that is glorified. These instances are seen and tolerated as occasional mishaps by shitty cops but acceptable collateral damage. Which is why cops are so used to getting away with things. There would be little to no attempts at reform were it not for all the recordings and public scrutiny of late.
The police as an institution in the US were literally born out of racism...

The racist roots of American policing: From slave patrols to traffic stops (theconversation.com)

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Saw the full unedited video today. The two officers were in the parking lot for another unrelated incident when they were flagged down by a female employee/witness who pointed out the car trying to leave was one of several shoplift suspects.

The attempt to detain is fine, but the second officer going in front of the car with his gun drawn out is utterly bizarre, let alone shooting her. He had plenty of space to move out the way so isn’t justified with the “fear for own life” defense.

Ted Lasso

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

“I imagined if he was going to pull me over for speeding, I’d pull over,” Albrecht told KRQE. “He’d say something to me and then maybe even help us get there. You know, I’ve heard of stories like that before, but that didn’t happen.”

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It seems as though a certain vein of mental deficiency pervades cops who act like this.

After a period of compliance & multiple people screaming about the dog, one would think the first mental deficient would recognize his error & rectify it immediately. But no, he keeps the escalation going. And to top it off, another intentionally erroneous batch of paperwork.

No clue how long he has been on the force, but there has to be some vetting process during the hiring process to weed out those who seemingly have the mental deficiency that makes them act in such an abhorrent manner, all while being armed to the teeth. And there needs to be a consistent mental re-evaluation process to assess if a cop is creeping towards such a deficiency while they are on the force.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It seems as though a certain vein of mental deficiency pervades cops who act like this.

After a period of compliance & multiple people screaming about the dog, one would think the first mental deficient would recognize his error & rectify it immediately. But no, he keeps the escalation going. And to top it off, another intentionally erroneous batch of paperwork.

No clue how long he has been on the force, but there has to be some vetting process during the hiring process to weed out those who seemingly have the mental deficiency that makes them act in such an abhorrent manner, all while being armed to the teeth. And there needs to be a consistent mental re-evaluation process to assess if a cop is creeping towards such a deficiency while they are on the force.
Apparently they kill around 10,000 dogs per year.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Don't even recall the specifics of this particular murder by cop. That's a sad state of affairs...

nimic

something nice
Scout

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...downplaying-death-of-woman-struck-by-officer/

Investigation launched into tape of Seattle police guild leaders downplaying death of woman struck by officer

A Seattle police watchdog agency is investigating rank-and-file union leaders over body-camera audio in which they laugh, joke about and downplay the death of a young woman struck by a police cruiser, suggesting her life had “limited value” and that the city should “just write a check.”
Yep, nauseating. In my post above, they play the audio - absolute fecking sociopaths.

WPMUFC

Local cops can't stand they've been asked to look into online grooming of an 11 year old, so basically harass the father by suggesting the child is providing Exploitation material to the groomer (so the childs fault).

She knew exactly what she was doing, she was trying to close off a file so it's not their problem anymore.

Last edited:

Withnail

Local cops can't stand they've been asked to look into online grooming of an 11 year old, so basically harass the father by suggesting the child is providing Exploitation material to the groomer (so the childs fault).

She knew exactly what she was doing, she was trying to close off a file so it's not their problem anymore.

What the feck? That's outrageous.

Going into that interaction joking and talking nonsense about Sprite seems way off as well. They weren't taking this incident seriously at all.

WPMUFC

What the feck? That's outrageous.

Going into that interaction joking and talking nonsense about Sprite seems way off as well. They weren't taking this incident seriously at all.
The first thing on her mind was blaming the kid. She wanted the dad to dismiss them so she could go back to the office and write "not proceeded with" on the file. Not a shadow of doubt in my mind. There was only one outcome on her mind and that was getting out of work.

As you can hear from the dad, it was pretty late so they even picked the right time knowing the impact they'd have.