Coronation thread

Lee565

Hypothetically had penny turned around and stabbed Charles in the heart with the sword and he died, would she have just been sentence to life in prison or do you think they would have made the exception and executed her?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The Sun can't grasp the concept of people 'saying the same thing'.

Everyone’s saying the same thing about suit Prince Harry wore at coronation
One person wrote: “Wow merching off the coronation? Was this the deal for a free suit? Know where not to shop in future.”

Another added: “This is pretty disgusting. How would a fashion brand be “affirming” what a royal is wearing. It’s so cheap and crass.”
However, some well-wisher rushed to compliment and defend Harry. One fan tweeted: “Great job! He looks so dapper.”

A second said: "Dior dressed him well. Looking very Chic… I like it.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22278792/suit-prince-harry-wore-charles-coronation/

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I've transformed from a pretty staunch republican to a more ambivalent one over the years.

I can't get as worked up about the UK replacing a ceromonial figurehead monarch with a ceromonial figurehead elected president, as I used to. Under a parliamentary system such as ours, there is no scope for a head of state whether elected or not to be anything more than a cereomonial figurehead, as seen in Germany, India, Ireland etc., unless parliament voted to transfer significant powers away from themselves, which would never happen. How many people outside Germany, India and Ireland or without cultural ties to any of those countries could even name their presidents without looking them up? I can't imagine in my lifetime that there'll ever be sufficient (i.e. a majority opinion) clamour to replace a globally famous and iconic royal family / brand with 'more politics', especially as that additional politics would just be to elect a figurehead.

Replacing FPTP with a form of PR at general elections is an overwhelmingly more significant way to improve British democracy IMO, and and I'd argue that House of Lords reform is as well. I know that House of Lords reform would be seen as 'more politics' as well, but it's safe to say that the peers are nowhere near as iconic or popular as the royal family are !

Now if I was from / had strong ties to any of the other 14 'realms' such as Australia, Canada, Jamaica, Belize etc., where the British monarch is also the head of state, I'd certainly still be a staunch republican, and would not want a head of state from thousands of km away purely due to past colonisation. I hope that as many of those other 14 countries become republics as feasible and as soon as possible.
Easy, dont have a figure of state. No royalty no president. Just PM

Welcome back being a republican. No more poor excuses

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Sun can't grasp the concept of people 'saying the same thing'.

Everyone’s saying the same thing about suit Prince Harry wore at coronation

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22278792/suit-prince-harry-wore-charles-coronation/
Weird they even quote someone not saying the same thing. Even ignoring that by everyone they mean "3 people we quoted from social media".

You could probably find 4 people to say that they thought that Charles is an alien Lizard in human form.

Tyrion

Surely it's obvious they were arrested so they wouldn't do anything for the day? Just the Mrt preemptively arresting possible "trouble makers" on Charle's big day

Bert_

Surely it's obvious they were arrested so they wouldn't do anything for the day? Just the Mrt preemptively arresting possible "trouble makers" on Charle's big day
GB News gave them ideas