Coronation thread

Member 125398

I'm not a royalist but Charles and Camilla are a great comedy double act. They've got a real Eddie and Richie vibe.

CallyRed

Not been the same since Jack and Vera Duckworth departed. RiP

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I already have the time off, I should get a monetary award instead. I'll be reasonable. £100 per day if don't watch any of the twat's gubbins, £300 per day if I watch the actual ceremony.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My wife cunningly decided to arrive at Heathrow on this day. So having zero interest in all things royal has finally been a bad thing.

Last edited:

Toblerone92

What a sad little island we live on. People care more about a bunch of wealthy inbred royals above all else. Even people I considered fairly sound and normal can’t wait to wave their little union jacks and sing god save the king. It’s utterly pathetic.

JimmyWils

What a sad little island we live on. People care more about a bunch of wealthy inbred royals above all else. Even people I considered fairly sound and normal can’t wait to wave their little union jacks and sing god save the king. It’s utterly pathetic.
...are you alright?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's alright in a sandwich but the real magic happens when you bung it into a baked potato. Absolutely unreal. Doesn't even have to be chicken, you can try lots of different meats.

SuperiorXI

"what a sad little country. You left the European Union so that you could have blue passports."
You ruined my country completely so you could have the passports but I hope now you spend time getting some lessons in grace and decorum cos you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I wouldn't attend anything to do with that nonsense, not for a big gold clock. They have no personal credentials to be monarchs/members of a ruling family (as in they haven't done amazing or generous things). If the papers are to be believed, it's just the opposite.

They're German, anyway. They can go and be monarchs in Germany (sorry Germany, you don't really deserve that). You could see how happy Charles was with his German cousins, chattering away in his true language.

My sister's sons/my nephews are in their 40s, and they love them! Where did that come from? We were never a pro-monarchy family.

JimmyWils

I wouldn't attend anything to do with that nonsense, not for a big gold clock. They have no personal credentials to be monarchs/members of a ruling family (as in they haven't done amazing or generous things). If the papers are to be believed, it's just the opposite.

They're German, anyway. They can go and be monarchs in Germany (sorry Germany, you don't really deserve that). You could see how happy Charles was with his German cousins, chattering away in his true language.

My sister's sons/my nephews are in their 40s, and they love them! Where did that come from? We were never a pro-monarchy family.
Meh, let everybody else enjoy the royal family if they want to. My wife loved the Queen and I genuinely don't give a shit.

Doesn't really make a difference to me, and it's not like they do any of the actual ruling of the country. Disappointment is best aimed at the government in my opinion.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Worse still where I live we still think of ourself as little children who need other countries unelected posh people to rule them.