Could City be Pep's undoing?

Parry Gallister

Peps going to arrive at City and not know about the premier league. I'm looking forward to his rude awakening.

First things first the quality of players. Excluding his own players two of the top three scorers in his league are Kalou and Hernandez. One couldn't get in our worst team in ages and another was a very average Chelsea player. They're the best players he plays against in Germany FFS. Welcome to the prem Pep, where every club has strikers at that level. Most have better FFS. It's all well and good defending against Kalou, our bottom half teams have Lukaku and Costa you mug.

Ok he thinks, I'll get some of my old players in. They were great for me. Not so fast Pep, not so fast at all. Players who have dominated the Bundesliga can't handle the prem. We sent Kagawa and Sahin packing. Players like Diouf and Firmino look average mate. We're a better quality over here.

Fine Pep thinks. I'll do what I always do. Who are the best players in the league? Bring them to me. I signed Dortmunds best players and ruined the league, let's get Martial, the kid is quality. How did we let Arsenal sign Sanchez?!?

Just let it sink in. His face when he isn't just signing anyone from the league. Our league is a competition Pep. Not a mockery. Our relegated teams have more money than most of your league, hands off mate.

Finally he think. I have my tactics! My previous philosophy. LVG would like a word. Each team in the prem is a challenge, you ain't getting 6-0s here every week mate. We know how to defend. We are fit, strong and we can counter.

Good luck Pep, everything you think you know will soon change. Hope you and Klopp have each other at least when you're crying by Christmas.
:lol:

Brilliant post. You're probably not right.

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
PL will be his undoing. He should stick to unbalanced leagues where 1 team with superior players dominates other teams.
True, or not true? It matters not.

His arrival will only strengthen City who are already in a strong position.

coolredwine

lameredboots
True, or not true? It matters not.

His arrival will only strengthen City who are already in a strong position.
Not really. Their defense is a mess, they have 2 decent DMs, and a player who was chucked out by Pep at Barcelona. The only good thing they have is the quartet of Aguero, Silva, Sterling and KdB.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
With the state of United and Chelsea and Arsenal being Arsenal he might have an easier run at the title than he did in the Bundesliga. He badly needs to upgrade that defense and midfield though.

NJM78

Regardless of the overall quality of the other leagues where he has managed, he is still coming to the team with the best squad and the most money. For me its by far the easiest job in the Premier League to take on so I very much doubt it will be his undoing plus he will surely sign a top CB and midfielder to replace Yaya, Pogba maybe? Overall I think he will be successful for sure and that's even more in part due to the mess United and Chelsea are in. I think if we get Jose in and spend big then we can challenge City otherwise knowing Ed we'll stick with the current muppet and continue to fall even further behind.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I'm kind of glad that he's coming the prem and I am not surprised he's gone to City for the money. I don't think he'll have it as easy as some think. He's never managed such a small club before so it will be interesting to see how he fares.

SirFergie

He will be United's undoing.

City will walk the league in the coming years and pep will bring them their first taste of european success by winning a CL. City will become the new top dogs like we once were and we will keep on struggling to get into the top 4. Literally in the space of a few years will the roles between us and them have completley changed. The new generation of young footballers and supporters will regard City as the pinnacle of english football and United will be a club of the past filled with forlorn glory and lingering to the old times stuck in mediocracy and self-delusion.

Best start preparing for it because it will be a long and painfull ride ahead of us...
Everything ok at home?

eggwithsideburns

Its a shame how at the moment Chelsea and us are faltering because it gives him more of a easy ride. City are a strong side and adding a better manager to that will just mean they will be even stronger. Players will look to them as the go to team to win things with.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm not worried at all about Guardiola going to City....unless the likes of Suarez, Neymar and heaven forbid Messi follow him there. But that's very unlikely. I'm more worried about where United are heading and what they do to address the new challenge next year.

I'm not Mourinho's biggest fan but I think he's an absolute must now to take on City over the next three years if only for the draw that he will have in player recruitment. Most players will now be looking at City as the next big thing ("...if Guardiola's gone there, there must be something to this Manchester City!"). So wave a few quid in front of them and they'll be there. At least if Mourinho came to United we would still be as big a draw as City will be with Pep there.

I think Guardiola is going to have a big surprise, pretty much like van Gaal has had here! Boy, I would love it if things went belly up in similar spectacular fashion. But probably unlikely. :(

Claymore

Sign of the times in the Premier these days.... City, that's Manchester City, have just landed a manager from Bayern Munich, and not only that but one that has spanked us twice in the final with Barca!!!! Crazy stuff.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Peps going to arrive at City and not know about the premier league. I'm looking forward to his rude awakening.

First things first the quality of players. Excluding his own players two of the top three scorers in his league are Kalou and Hernandez. One couldn't get in our worst team in ages and another was a very average Chelsea player. They're the best players he plays against in Germany FFS. Welcome to the prem Pep, where every club has strikers at that level. Most have better FFS. It's all well and good defending against Kalou, our bottom half teams have Lukaku and Costa you mug.

Ok he thinks, I'll get some of my old players in. They were great for me. Not so fast Pep, not so fast at all. Players who have dominated the Bundesliga can't handle the prem. We sent Kagawa and Sahin packing. Players like Diouf and Firmino look average mate. We're a better quality over here.

Fine Pep thinks. I'll do what I always do. Who are the best players in the league? Bring them to me. I signed Dortmunds best players and ruined the league, let's get Martial, the kid is quality. How did we let Arsenal sign Sanchez?!?

Just let it sink in. His face when he isn't just signing anyone from the league. Our league is a competition Pep. Not a mockery. Our relegated teams have more money than most of your league, hands off mate.

Finally he think. I have my tactics! My previous philosophy. LVG would like a word. Each team in the prem is a challenge, you ain't getting 6-0s here every week mate. We know how to defend. We are fit, strong and we can counter.

Good luck Pep, everything you think you know will soon change. Hope you and Klopp have each other at least when you're crying by Christmas.
Looking forward to your rant, when Gary Neville becomes next United manager.:lol:

Look he did not lose 13 of 18 matches. That´s excellent. Didn´t win a single league match, but that´s on the players. They all speak Spanish. They just didn´t understand him.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Pellegrini won the PL instantly and people here really think that Pep will do worse with Arsenal, United, Spurs and Liverpool trailing behind Leicester? Next season's title is Peps to lose.

saivet

Multiple CL winner is currently struggling at 5th position, multiple CL winner and last year's PL winner was recently fired because they were almost challenging relegation. A manager as stout as Wenger hasn't come close to winning the league in almost 10 years.
Multiple of one.

SSSSnake

Can see it now. Yaya will get his wish and leave and Pogba will replace him. Ahhhhh! That will just top me over.

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
Not really. Their defense is a mess, they have 2 decent DMs, and a player who was chucked out by Pep at Barcelona. The only good thing they have is the quartet of Aguero, Silva, Sterling and KdB.
Defensive frailties are seriously overhyped by lazy journalists jumping on a false bandwagon. Even with the "calamitous" defending with no Kompany, City have the 4th best defensive record in the league and still have the best GD. What a mess.

Enigma_87

You know who
I don't think he's a nailed on success. Unlike Barca and Bayern City is a club that is not structured that well and not always ran as a top club.

Heritage, traditions, knowledge are not at the same level as City. Same goes for scouting system, club foundations, youth structure.

This is the league being quite different from the German and Spain one are the challenges he has to overcome when he arrives.

As it stands City probably have the squad and best chance to win the league. If Arsena, United, Chelsea don't improve I don't see a reason why he won't win them the league next season. If all or at least 1 of those teams improve in the Summer tho, it can be really close until he beds in.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
It won't be easy for him, but he'll be buying about 300m worth of players this summer. So I expect him to have a settling in period where the players aren't quite up to his style of tiki-taka, but as soon as the new players start to gel, I think it'll come good, unfortunately.

I can see Toure being sold.

Revan

Assumptionman
I guess not. If Mourinho/Simeone won't manage United/Chelsea next season, City will walk the league. Pep walked the league against a Madrid which was way better than any current English team, and against Dortmund who were arguably better than any current English team.

UCL is an another beast of course, but I think that he will easily win the league unless we somehow get a Mourinho miracle.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Doubt it, they already have some of the best players in the league, and I have no doubts more fantastic players will come to them because they want to work with Guardiola.

If we don't qualify for the Champions League/fail to attract top players for other reasons, City could just cruise to the league title.

stu_1992

It's obviously way too soon to say, but it will definitely be his most challenging job. That's for sure.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It's obviously way too soon to say, but it will definitely be his most challenging job. That's for sure.
I don´t think that you can really say that. The challenge is difference. He doesn´t need to create a flawless team in a league where Leicester can be first after 23 match days. City lacks is consistency (they have other weaknesses, but this one is one is really costing them the title). They are too often not bothered and don´t show up. One thing, that Pep brings to any club is intensity. He is just too enthusiastic and too invested in football and that rubs off. The few player who might have a problem with that will be sold.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I guess not. If Mourinho/Simeone won't manage United/Chelsea next season, City will walk the league. Pep walked the league against a Madrid which was way better than any current English team, and against Dortmund who were arguably better than any current English team.

UCL is an another beast of course, but I think that he will easily win the league unless we somehow get a Mourinho miracle.
He won't have a Barcelona or Bayern level squad this time though so there's no point comparing with Madrid or Dortmund. But yeah unless we hire Mourinho...Pep with the best squad in the league + £150m+ to spend in the summer will pretty much guarantee a title for them.

Bwuk

He has to completely rebuild the defence and midfield, and he has a few players in not sure where he will play them.

Assuming he goes with his 433 primarily, where does Silva and De Bruyne fit? KdB could probably play deeper, but Silva doesn't have the pace to play higher up the park on the counter, he'd be better as part of the three in midfield.

You'd imagine Yaya will be sold, and Fernando/Delph aren't good enough. It's a interesting situation.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He has to completely rebuild the defence and midfield, and he has a few players in not sure where he will play them.

Assuming he goes with his 433 primarily, where does Silva and De Bruyne fit? KdB could probably play deeper, but Silva doesn't have the pace to play higher up the park on the counter, he'd be better as part of the three in midfield.

You'd imagine Yaya will be sold, and Fernando/Delph aren't good enough. It's a interesting situation.
Hasn't Silva played on the left for years? He's not even that slow/weak when you compare him to the likes of Mata

Bwuk

Hasn't Silva played on the left for years? He's not even that slow/weak when you compare him to the likes of Mata
He's far better centrally though and he's what, 29?

I'd imagine Sterling will be the left winger.

AkaAkuma

They have an aging squad:

+34 - Caballero / Demichelis
32 - Sagna / Toure
31 - Zabaleta
30 - Fernandinho / Kolarov / Silva / Navas / Clichy

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

:lol::lol::lol:
Love it!

You tell him Twiggers!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
There's alot of talk about neymar & messi but would they move to england whilst the manager only has 3 year contract?
I can believe Neymar would - loves money, and the Sheikh got plenty to give him and his old man.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's not going into a team that have been dominating their league and have at least 5/6 players at the peak of their powers, therefore, it probably will be difficult for him. This will be a complete new test for Pep.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

I am speechless. I am without speech.