Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Dan_F

A preseason after international tournaments isn't more than 2 or 3 weeks either - not to mention that players have played a full season before said tournaments as well, as opposed to having sat at home maintaining their fitness right now.

Bayern and Dortmund played some great stuff last weekend, after a similar layoff. I swear some people will find anything to have a moan about these days.
You think a pre season after an international tournament is two weeks? That game was three games in, so that makes sense that the players were more match ready.

I think some of the rule changes make the league completely ridiculous now. The example being we are battling Sheffield United for Champions League, played them in an evening game away, loud atmosphere etc. Now they get to play us with no crowd, neutral stadium.

Plus the five sub rule completely favours the big teams that have big squads. It’s easy to say people will moan about anything with a 20 point lead.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I had a dream last night that Liverpool only got 4 points from the last 9 games and lost the title

It's never going to happen in reality but can you imagine the laugh

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
As someone who wasn't that arsed if/when football returned this season, after seeing that schedule I must admit it got me excited to watch football again. Also, the possibility of seeing Pogba and Bruno together is exciting. I assume Pogba will be fit, anyway?

arnie_ni

I had a dream last night that Liverpool only got 4 points from the last 9 games and lost the title

It's never going to happen in reality but can you imagine the laugh
If they somehow lose the first couple of games I'll start believing.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
Did you guys see De Bruyne (aka De Brownie) recent photo? He is looking fat as feck lolz

what do you guys reckon? I think as a athlete he should’ve looked out after his body even during the pandemic. I know I did.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I think what we've learnt from this is that Liverpool are officially bigger than the Premier League and all the other clubs combined.
Coming from a Liverpool fan that's really rich!
At least he admits that Liverpool ( * nobody really cares, there was a global pandemic ) have managed to get what they wanted and pocketed the FA and Media in the process.

Surely this is only the case if we fail to win it until the last one. If we win it vs Everton for example then there is no point playing the other games at neutral venues.
Probably in your opinion, might as well not continue playing any more football after '' Liverpool ( * nobody really cares, there was a global pandemic )'' get their precious 30 year league finally.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t you mean every Utd supporter? There is no reason at all to put a * at this title win. Especially when you’re fecking 25 points ahead, there was never going to be a catch up, with or without corona.
I think it's there more to wind you guys you up than anything else, is working a treat with my LFC supporting mates.

edcunited1878

Why does United's match against Sheffield have to be moved to a neutral site? That doesn't have an impact on the title or police do not have enough current resources to have City and United play home matches in Manchester at the same matchweek?

Heinzesight

I mean we can remember a time when Arsenal won the league in front of a full house at OT and Chelsea had a guard of honor too. We also practically secured the league at Anfield in 97 and have had guards of honour in front of packed stadiums at Stamford Bridge and the ‘Emirates’. I’m imagining Liverpool winning the league at a completely empty Old Trafford and it really doesn’t seem that bad.
I get you. But that was Arsenal and Chelsea...not these revolting bastards.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Did you guys see De Bruyne (aka De Brownie) recent photo? He is looking fat as feck lolz

what do you guys reckon? I think as a athlete he should’ve looked out after his body even during the pandemic. I know I did.
Well done. Do you wanna small trophy also?

fps

Don’t you mean every Utd supporter? There is no reason at all to put a * at this title win. Especially when you’re fecking 25 points ahead, there was never going to be a catch up, with or without corona.
Agreed, the bitterness here must be what other clubs filled their forums with when United were winning everything. Now many United fans are showing they’re just as petty and bitter as fans of other clubs.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You think a pre season after an international tournament is two weeks? That game was three games in, so that makes sense that the players were more match ready.
If you go deep into the World Cup, you play until July 12th or so. 3 weeks holiday after that, they come back end of July, beginning of August. First game of the season is usually around August 10 so yes, I think pre-season for a lot of guys after an international tournament is two weeks. Which is less than half what they'll have had right now, minus the tiredness from having played a full season + tournament after an international tournament.

Also, Dortmund-Bayern was indeed three games in but it was also just 10 days after the Bundesliga restarted, and to add to that, Bayern came out flying just like they were before the break under Flick. You might see some patchy play in the first games back but there are currently no reasons to suggest that the level will be atrocious, especially if you consider they've been back in training for more than a week as of now and have more than 3 weeks left(!) of full-contact training.

I think some of the rule changes make the league completely ridiculous now. The example being we are battling Sheffield United for Champions League, played them in an evening game away, loud atmosphere etc. Now they get to play us with no crowd, neutral stadium.

Plus the five sub rule completely favours the big teams that have big squads. It’s easy to say people will moan about anything with a 20 point lead.
If the thing you're moaning about is potentially playing one or two games at a neutral venue instead of an (empty) Old Trafford, or 5 subs instead of 3, then I'm gonna conclude from that that they did a fantastic job of bringing football back in a successful way.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
Well done. Do you wanna small trophy also?
Jeez, whats with the attitude? Just sayin’.
I’m not bragging. I go to the gym since late 2014 regularly, so I didn’t want to waste all my progress and kept training the way I could at home.
Not sure it looks great for a footballer to come looking a little chunky out of hiding.

TheReligion

Abusive
Course there's a reason. The seasons credibility it shot. It will always be remembered as the year of the pandemic.

TheReligion

Abusive
That maybe would've been the case if the season was stopped prematurely; if there are 38 games played and we are on top, it's as legitimate a title as any other. What would the * refer to? The fact that we played a few games at a neutral venue instead of Anfield? Good luck with that :lol:

The downside of all this shit is that it doesn't feel like a proper title win, if anything. There'll be no celebrations, no parade, no nothing. It will just be checking the box and move on to next season. It's basically just a formality right now.
Of course there will be an asterix. The seasons been interrupted for nearly 3 months with the remaining games being played behind closed doors with all home/away advantage wiped. Not only that but clubs are struggling for player fitness, form is out of the window and some players out of contract or having loans that have expired. Not only that but other divisions/leagues have ended their seasons already.

To try and suggest this has just been a normal season which will retain full credibility is beyond stupid.

TheReligion

Abusive
nope - more to the point that you’re playing what were away games vs, City, Everton and Newcastle at a neutral venue instead but typically, still whinging and thinking you’re a special case.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...verpool-can-win-title-played-at-neutral-venue
It's unbelievable really.

Hang on though there's no *. Everything is as normal. All our tough remaining games are now being played behind closed doors at neutral venues and the whole thing is messed up but yes that's perfectly fine.

Absolutely mental logic.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Of course there will be an asterix. The seasons been interrupted for nearly 3 months with the remaining games being played behind closed doors with all home/away advantage wiped. Not only that but clubs are struggling for player fitness, form is out of the window and some players out of contract or having loans that have expired. Not only that but other divisions/leagues have ended their seasons already.

To try and suggest this has just been a normal season which will retain full credibility is beyond stupid.
Yeah okay :lol: Put all the **** you want next to it mate, knock yourself out.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I havn't really followed this, but how are we supposed to end the season, surely it's too late now? No summer break for clubs and players`?

Andersonson

Why are you narrowing it down to football though? Your post would also reply to all managers and bosses recalling staff to their offices, to retailers opening up their shops again, to basically all of society which has tried to return to somewhat of a normal situation. Yet the biggest outcry is regarding football, an industry where the majority of the people involved are tested every few days.
Great post

Tarrou

apologies for taking so long to update the title, was a busy work day

was tempted to make it "Resuming (without integrity) on June 17th" :D

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Look at RobinLFC go. Must be feeling like an oversexed guy right now.
Poo Chumpions.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I havn't really followed this, but how are we supposed to end the season, surely it's too late now? No summer break for clubs and players`?
My guess is that the 20/21 season will begin later in August or early September. I think they’ll end up scrapping the League Cup for next season, which is basically City’s to win every year any way.

UEFA are still determined to finish the CL/EL which will take place in August apparently.

RedCurry

Why are you narrowing it down to football though? Your post would also reply to all managers and bosses recalling staff to their offices, to retailers opening up their shops again, to basically all of society which has tried to return to somewhat of a normal situation. Yet the biggest outcry is regarding football, an industry where the majority of the people involved are tested every few days.
Maybe because most other professions aren’t contact sports and you can either recall the staff in shifts to increase physical distance or hopefully provide face shields when physical distance isn’t possible.