Cricket

NM

What a collapse. Our batting sucks and our bowlers deserve better

AshRK

This is embarrassing and will kill our confidence going forward in this series. I hope there are consequences to this and shastri is fecked off from the job. The likes of Kumble were sacked for less. This is a low moment in Indian team's history.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Should be huge consequences for this.

KM

Can’t believe this from yesterday’s position.
It's quite disgusting tbh. We should have been well in command right now.
Said it before the match started but there's no way that Shaw and Saha should have started and whilst even with them there's no way we should have been 36 all out but it's stupid to go in with 5 competent batsman in Australia. This team management routinely makes stupid decisions in abroad matches.

KM

Our test lineup for next match should be

Rahul, Aggarwal, Pujara, Gill, Rahane, Vihari(not convinced by him at all), Pant, Ashwin and three fast bowlers.

It's not all convincing but there's no point in giving Shaw and Saha another match. I don't rate Vihari too and I actually Jadeja can be a far better asset in test matches but I don't expect this team management to have the vision to make these sort of changes.

AshRK

Logical suggestion but Shastri-Kohli ego will not have such things. Kohli being a champion batsmen can get some leeway but shastri what does he offer apart from feeding Kohli's ego. Please leave team india and go manage rcb.

NM

Kohli is the problem as captain. Sachin gave it up and he should too. Then we need to sack Shastri. Just a fecking yes man

MDFC Manager

Can’t believe this from yesterday’s position.
Thinking back, the warning signs were already there yesterday (the middle/lower order collapse in the morning). Brilliant bowling just masked that shambles.

zing

Zingle balls
Painful to watch. I think this is the biggest turnaround we’ve had as fans. Was hugely looking forward to today.

JohnnyKills

Wow.

Just got back to UK from a couple of weeks in Spain, fancied a bit of cricket to start the quarantine. Turned on BT Sport and it was all over. Thought they must have abandoned the game because of a Covid test.

Looking at the highlights, Australia bowled about as well as they possibly could, but India seem to have real problems leaving the ball. Loads of nibbles outside off stump - reminded me of when England rolled Australia at Melbourne on that great Ashes tour.

Hard to see a way back for India now, especially with Kohli going home.

JohnnyKills

Our test lineup for next match should be

Rahul, Aggarwal, Pujara, Gill, Rahane, Vihari(not convinced by him at all), Pant, Ashwin and three fast bowlers.

It's not all convincing but there's no point in giving Shaw and Saha another match. I don't rate Vihari too and I actually Jadeja can be a far better asset in test matches but I don't expect this team management to have the vision to make these sort of changes.
Not sure Pant will make much difference against this kind of attack. They'll just throw it out wide and he'll take the bait.

India need another rock at the top of the order, someone who can chew up balls like Pujara did on the first day.

KM

Not sure Pant will make much difference against this kind of attack. They'll just throw it out wide and he'll take the bait.

India need another rock at the top of the order, someone who can chew up balls like Pujara did on the first day.
Pant was the second highest top scorer in Australia the last time.
Bowling lineup of Aussies was the same.

Djemba-Djemba

Kohli is going home too now isn't he?

All the makings of a brutal series this for India. Australia will be all over them now after today.

Many ashes series down under have had this ominous feeling after the first test and it never ends well :lol:

JohnnyKills

Kohli is going home too now isn't he?

All the makings of a brutal series this for India. Australia will be all over them now after today.

Many ashes series down under have had this ominous feeling after the first test and it never ends well :lol:
Yeah. Once it starts going downhill it accelerates quickly. India have to start the next test well or else it will be a whitewash.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
How do you go from that first innings to this second innings? I'm with KM, not sure what Vihari brings to the team. Get Gill, Pant and Jadeja into this team. We're prone to a collapse, happened in 2018 too, happens in England. Nowadays we've got the bowling to help counter it.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Wow, what happened here?! Hazlewood 5 for 8? I know he’s a top bowler, but he’s not express pace like Cummings or Starc which would suggest the Indians were more than blown away by quick bowling. A lot of Indian batsman have weakness in their techniques when being bowled at just outside their off stump. So do the Aussies. Both these great sides have great strengths, but also weaknesses to exploit. England coaching staff take note.

Cloud7

Surreal that they got bundled out for 36. I didn't think anything this year could have been as bad as what my West Indies did in New Zealand, but India really wanted to match that.

AshRK

Cannot see us making a comeback or even winning one test. Our bowling may be good but that too took a hit with shami's injury.

But questions have to be asked to this batting. Now with Kohli gone we could be in a even deeper mess. The only good thing that might happen is we by mistake may find a new hope in batting, be it through gill or pant or Aggarwal. Someone who puts his hand up and start taking responsibility.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a truly hilarious batting performance. I understand that the selections can get some blame but it's actually a lot of other factors combined that lead to this . Yeah you could have played Gill & maybe Rishabh but the team still had all of their main batsmen there who showed no real application or skill.

I swear Pujara has been out this exact way at least 10 times in his career which means that maybe it's something to do with his technique which makes them seem like unplayable balls . Kohli's shot at 19/5 as a captain is so embarrassing for a captain. You pick an opener who is a dasher with a poor technique but then for number 7 where fast runs are needed with the tail you pick a keeper who is solid over a dasher . There is no method to this madness

space

hahahahahaha 36! amazing, cannot actually believe it - some amazing bowling but my word, some of the shots and footwork in the batting was shite

zing

Zingle balls
So Shami's got a broken wrist and out of the series.

That too on his bowling arm -- that must be horrid..

bleedred

Another thing I realised Is the lack of lefties in the squad. It makes it so easy for cummins and hazelwood to just keep bowling the same line.

Cannot see anything other than a 4-0. First time in ages, the test squad looks like mid 90s.

bleedred

Kohli is the problem as captain. Sachin gave it up and he should too. Then we need to sack Shastri. Just a fecking yes man
The problem is who is experienced enough in the squad to take over. I don't have any belief in rahane. Ashwin maybe?

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
One of the most comprehesive wins for Australia for a long time.

The second innings bowling was as good as gets, Hazlewood and Cummins were close to perfect with Line and length