Cricket

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pakistan get a consolation win in the final T20. Hafeez’s excellent form continues, he’s had a great year in T20.

Expect the Kiwis to hammer us in the Test series.

zing

Zingle balls
Pant for Saha, Gill for Shaw were selection errors in the first test that were rectified. Siraj for Shami is a forced one.

We've effectively replaced Kohli with Jadeja after being bowled out for 36. I don't think this is the right decision.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pant for Saha, Gill for Shaw were selection errors in the first test that were rectified. Siraj for Shami is a forced one.

We've effectively replaced Kohli with Jadeja after being bowled out for 36. I don't think this is the right decision.
Honestly why is vihari seemingly undroppable? Apart from Windies, his record abroad is garbage. I'd have dropped him and bring in Rahul.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Indian selection is so bizzarre. If you decided that Shaw & Saha were your choices for the first test then I think it's harsh to drop them now . It just leads to more & more insecurity in the team. They initially dropped Pant when he shouldn't have been and now after a few matches they have dropped Saha. It can't be good for the confidence of the person coming in

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Indian selection is so bizzarre. If you decided that Shaw & Saha were your choices for the first test then I think it's harsh to drop them now . It just leads to more & more insecurity in the team. They initially dropped Pant when he shouldn't have been and now after a few matches they have dropped Saha. It can't be good for the confidence of the person coming in
I think selection and long-term planning is what let's India down the most at the moment. The talent is there but I don't think the best players always play when they should. Rahul and Pant have 100s in Australia, they should have been automatic picks ahead of Shaw and Saha. Gill is the next big thing and Kohli's replacement for the rest of the series, he should have played the first test @ 6 to get the experience under his belt.

All that said, India really should have been in a commanding position before their 2nd innings in the last test. It will be important to not dwell too much on that.

Last edited:

zing

Zingle balls
Smith's in a real rut isn't he?
Labuschagne does not look comfortable at all either against spin. Not the calm player he looked last year. Ihope he doesn’t go on and make runs now but I can see him getting out

AshRK

This is the best I have seen Ashwin bowl in SENA. When on top he is surely a champion bowler.

paulscholes18

You can bet your bottom dollar that Steve Smith won’t be getting out for 0’s & 1’s next December, saving all his runs for when England go down under, not the first Smith to save all his runs for us either.

KM

No Ishant. No Shami and still getting aussies all out for 195. Ridiculous stuff. Just don't shit yourself in batting.

NM

We will be lucky to get 150 if the Aussies keep bowling like this. It's shocking how poor most batsmen look in tests.
ODIs are a joke now. Easy for batsmen.

NM

Gill beginning to look good.. Watch him get out now.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Defending against this bowling is pointless. If the batsman attacks at least he can get 20 or 30 runs instead of 5.

KM

Great stuff. Only lost one wicket. India's day by a margin today.

zing

Zingle balls
Great stuff. Only lost one wicket. India's day by a margin today.
Feel so happy seeing Gill play the way he has. I remember 3 years ago you and me were discussing about how he would be the next great Indian batsman in the u19 WC thread

KM

Feel so happy seeing Gill play the way he has. I remember 3 years ago you and me were discussing about how he would be the next great Indian batsman in the u19 WC thread
Yup! I remember that too. Looks so composed and good. Struggled against Cummins and Starc but the way they were bowling, they'd have troubled any batsman in the world.

zing

Zingle balls
We have two players who are vastly better captains - Rohit in limited overs, Rahane in tests - but we keep going around with Kohli due to personality politics and ruining our chances.

KM

We have two players who are vastly better captains - Rohit in limited overs, Rahane in tests - but we keep going around with Kohli due to personality politics and ruining our chances.
Rohit in LOI should be a no-brainer, let's see about test matches tbh.

NM

Rohit in LOI should be a no-brainer, let's see about test matches tbh.
Will never happen sadly. Not with Shastri as coach and my namesake attending Kohli's wedding..

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Kane Williamson is so good. We had made a great start yesterday but looks like Kiwis will end up with 400+ in their first innings & without Babar I don’t give us much chance. If the fielders actually did their job, it would help the bowlers & might’ve made it interesting.

On a positive note, each time I see Shaheen bowl, he’s getting better. Hopefully we don’t burn him out, but he’s got the potential to be a great bowler in all formats.