Cricket

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
For such an experienced player, Rohit makes so many of these brain fade.

KM

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...buse-of-indian-cricketer-20210110-p56t0q.html

A witness report on what happened today. Based on that.. that's ridiculous imo and absolutely shouldn't have resulted in an ejection. I sympathize that Siraj is going through a tough time, but that is Low level banter at best.
Obviously lets wait for a full on investigation on this before passing any judgement though.
This seems very harsh. Why did the police needed to evict these people then? But let's wait for more tbh.

Ah it's yesterday's incident.

Dudu

This seems very harsh. Why did the police needed to evict these people then? But let's wait for more tbh.

Ah it's yesterday's incident.
Article states it is today's incident.

NM

Effectively 98/3

Aussies will clean this up tomorrow.
They will, but the team has shown admirable fight. This could have been a collapse and over in 4 days. The team is playing in tough conditions, but physically and mentally and not crumbling.

Dudu

They will, but the team has shown admirable fight. This could have been a collapse and over in 4 days. The team is playing in tough conditions, but physically and mentally and not crumbling.
Yup. Valiant effort by India.

JohnnyKills

Yeah, agreed. Previous Indian teams would have folded after the first test.

jungledrums

You're so worked up. Calm down clown. Everything will be fine. We've defeated you in last two series, it's okay you can have this one and might help you in sleeping easy.

"Great joy beating your lot cos you're such a shit human" Jesus Christ the state of you, turn off the internet and go take a walk or something. You're close to exploding.
Nah you’re just a right knob

JohnnyKills

As an England fan I don't expect us to beat India or Australia away but hope we can compete and make it close, then beat them at home. Feels like there isn't much between the three sides (or NZ) at the moment.

England have been blitzed the last couple of trips because they've relied too heavily on medium-pacers. But with Archer, Wood and hopefully Stone they've got some firepower to take abroad now.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
There's no problem with friendly disagreement! :)

Yeah i like Pandya too. His bowling is a bit weak though.

What happened to Nair, the guy who scored about 300 against England a few years ago? He looked like he was going to be in the team for years.
Thats it though. He had quite a few chances and did nothing. Its been a while but I don't remember a single innings of his outside of the 300.

Di Maria's angel

As an England fan I don't expect us to beat India or Australia away but hope we can compete and make it close, then beat them at home. Feels like there isn't much between the three sides (or NZ) at the moment.

England have been blitzed the last couple of trips because they've relied too heavily on medium-pacers. But with Archer, Wood and hopefully Stone they've got some firepower to take abroad now.
Don't we play the entire test series at like one venue? It might be quite even.

As always, super excited to get revenge on England!

Di Maria's angel

The king of test match bowling. He will end as an all time great.

I love Bumrah because he plays for us but 100% disagree with the discussion earlier that he’s on this guys level.
He's a level above Rabada and Bumrah imo. His strike is 36 in this series. It's a joke.
Bumrah has been incredible for us since his debut. If he had Shami and Ishant alongside him, we'd have seen much better performances from him. That said, Cummins is insane and its ridiculous that hes actually been around since 2009.

JohnnyKills

Don't we play the entire test series at like one venue? It might be quite even.

As always, super excited to get revenge on England!
Yeah should be a good series. England still haven't got a top-class spinner (I like Bess but he's still very much a work in progress) but hopefully the quicks are more effective than they were last time we went to India.

JohnnyKills

Thats it though. He had quite a few chances and did nothing. Its been a while but I don't remember a single innings of his outside of the 300.
There must be a guy doing well in the Ranji trophy that they can slot in?

Just seems mad, given that India have always had such good batting sides, that they're now having to pick guys who aren't up to it.

zing

Zingle balls

Might be a competitive series. A number of new English players who might play well in the sub continent and we are missing half our team.

JohnnyKills

Might be a competitive series. A number of new English players who might play well in the sub continent and we are missing half our team.
A lot will hinge on whether Archer turns up. If he bowls like he did in the Ashes he'll make a massive difference but he didn't look that bothered in the summer series.

Di Maria's angel

There must be a guy doing well in the Ranji trophy that they can slot in?

Just seems mad, given that India have always had such good batting sides, that they're now having to pick guys who aren't up to it.
I'm sure there are - I'm not as up to date with the domestic scene as previous years. Just odd we're persisting with Vihari. But the Indian selectors aren't always known for their logical decision making.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
A lot will hinge on whether Archer turns up. If he bowls like he did in the Ashes he'll make a massive difference but he didn't look that bothered in the summer series.
I think more will depend on the type of pitches that are curated. I think both Australia and India have shown this series that discipline and patience are more important than just raw pace. I fear that whoever England select as spinner will give Australia a release from whatever pressure the pacers can build up.

JohnnyKills

I'm sure there are - I'm not as up to date with the domestic scene as previous years. Just odd we're persisting with Vihari. But the Indian selectors aren't always known for their logical decision making.
The coaches don't seem great either. The best thing Shastri's ever done is date Nimrat Kaur!! :)

Di Maria's angel

The coaches don't seem great either. The best thing Shastri's ever done is date Nimrat Kaur!! :)
Hands down, we are were we are because of Kohli. The transformation we've seen is due to his mentality and sheer persistence to be the best.

Let me google her!

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Hands down, we are were we are because of Kohli. The transformation we've seen is due to his mentality and sheer persistence to be the best.

Let me google her!
I think the IPL has helped a great deal, there's no fear in these younger players because they rub shoulders with the very best once a year.

Rahul Dravid also deserves some credit for the work he's done with the younger players via the NCA, India A and the U-19's in the last 4-5 years. All the guys that get debuts look completely ready for test cricket.

Di Maria's angel

I think the IPL has helped a great deal, there's no fear in these younger players because they rub shoulders with the very best once a year.

Rahul Dravid also deserves some credit for the work he's done with the younger players via the NCA, India A and the U-19's in the last 4-5 years. All the guys that get debuts look completely ready for test cricket.
Forgotten about Dravids impact. You're absolutely right. In my time avidly following India (since about 2002) - this is the best we've ever been (or maybe 2nd, we were great between 2008 and 2011).

AshRK

I know we might not be able to save this test match keeping the injuries in mind and probably would have difficulty turning around the series but as some Posters above pointed out, I am super proud of this team's efforts. There are lot of positives to take from this series. Gill's emergence, siraj has proven himself more than capable to bowl in test matches, Jadeja has shown he can be trusted as a 5 down batsmen and Ashwin silencing his doubters that he can bowl in any conditions is a big big plus.

After this series we play 9 test matches against England and keeping injuries aside this will be my preferred playing 11

Rohit/Rahul
Gill
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Ishant
Shami
Bumrah

Once pandya starts bowling again we can even draft him in some matches instead of Ashwin or Jadeja or one of the fast bowlers depending on the pitch. But I hope selectors have stable set up. We also need to find successors for Pujara and Rahane and that also must be done once the next home series starts after the English tour. I am excited about our team's development.

KM

Pandya's fitness is still dodgy.

I'll probably look at sarfaraz khan for middle order in place of vihari. He's a special talent.

We can probably play four bowlers in India. Ashwin and Jadeja are good enough for our pitches.

JohnnyKills

I know we might not be able to save this test match keeping the injuries in mind and probably would have difficulty turning around the series but as some Posters above pointed out, I am super proud of this team's efforts. There are lot of positives to take from this series. Gill's emergence, siraj has proven himself more than capable to bowl in test matches, Jadeja has shown he can be trusted as a 5 down batsmen and Ashwin silencing his doubters that he can bowl in any conditions is a big big plus.

After this series we play 9 test matches against England and keeping injuries aside this will be my preferred playing 11

Rohit/Rahul
Gill
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Ishant
Shami
Bumrah

Once pandya starts bowling again we can even draft him in some matches instead of Ashwin or Jadeja or one of the fast bowlers depending on the pitch. But I hope selectors have stable set up. We also need to find successors for Pujara and Rahane and that also must be done once the next home series starts after the English tour. I am excited about our team's development.
Good team that Ash. Still think Pant is too high at 6 though. Maybe drop one of Ishant/Shami and play another batsman?

BTW doesn't Iyer play red-ball cricket?

Edit: just checked. He averages 52!! Surely worth a go at some stage?

AshRK

Good team that Ash. Still think Pant is too high at 6 though. Maybe drop one of Ishant/Shami and play another batsman?

BTW doesn't Iyer play red-ball cricket?

Edit: just checked. He averages 52!! Surely worth a go at some stage?
Maybe once pandya starts bowling you can drop one of Ishant/shami and play pandya.

I like Iyer but not sure if his technique is good enough for test matches. I think his place in limited over format is also not a guaranteed so not sure if he will be considered for test matches. But as I said once the english tour is done and the next home tours starts coming up, the selectors have to start giving new players chance again. My dream would be shaw sorts his batting woes and makes that opening spot his and Gill can make Pujara's one down spot his own in long run.

KM

At 0:08 seconds you can hear someone calling him a "brown dog"

Pathetic.

NM

Yup. Valiant effort by India.
Yup - much more than I expected honestly. Our 1990s and 2000s great may have had the talent, but these guys have incredible character.

Yeah, agreed. Previous Indian teams would have folded after the first test.
Yup.

At 0:08 seconds you can hear someone calling him a "brown dog"

Pathetic.
Aussies will call it "banter". Happens every time we tour there. They (like most of the western world right now) have a problem they don't want to face.

KM

Aussies will call it "banter". Happens every time we tour there. They (like most of the western world right now) have a problem they don't want to face.
Yup.

Whenever we visit Australia, we are faced with a lot of abuses. It's the norm really.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Pant is such a good player to watch when he gets going. He's being very positive taking the game to the aussies.'

Sanche7

Don't know if it's the best strategy considering that Vihari has been terrible on this tour, the Jadeja injury and the tail that can barely bat. But yeah too much respect can be a problem too. I do like how positive he is and I just read that he has never scored less than 25 in Australia, which is pretty good.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Gazza hit for two sixers in a row, Good batting by Pant very exciting this.

MDFC Manager

Pant is such a good player to watch when he gets going. He's being very positive taking the game to the aussies.'
To me he's a far better option than Vihari as a pure batsman. Of course, his keeping isn't good enough, so perhaps Saha should come in for Vihari.

prateik

If we had Kohli or Rahul instead of Vihari and Jadeja fit, I would feel we had a chance here.. Considering all we have is Vihari after this, there is no hope.. but a decent effort. Can't be too upset with the performance.. the xi is still imbalanced