Cricket

zing

Zingle balls
Retire hurt Pujara. Send Pant in.
He’s in and he’s very good at accelerating if he has to. I am sure he will play to the team plan, and is what he did in the morning session.

zing

Zingle balls
We can still lose this. I am guessing playing for the draw is more sensible now.

bleedred

Warne's an absolute joke. He is calling The batsmen have been lucky when they have had like just 3-4 edges in the entire innings.

Sanche7

Warne's an absolute joke. He is calling The batsmen have been lucky when they have had like just 3-4 edges in the entire innings.
I don't usually watch cricket nowadays, but i decided to watch the last hour of the third test. it was Warne and someone else (IIRC McGrath) on the commentary and my God, it was unbearable. They just kept complaining,about the pitch, about how slow Vihari was batting, about catches not carrying and i almost stopped watching. 'The pitch just cannot be this good for batting on the fifth day', 'Oh look, he (vihari) just doubled his score this over after facing 100 deliveries','You can't hit the glove every time and pop just down' are few i remember.

mav_9me

I just wish Gill was still there. His shots were so pure. That was beautiful to watch.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Shane Warne is a genuine cnut. Calling Gill's innings lucky. Bitter twat.

Sanche7

So, this is a bit premature and hopefully i don't jinx india with this post, but let's say India score 60-70 runs in the next 20 overs with loss of one wicket, which leaves 80-90 to get in 20 overs with 6 wickets in hand. Would they go for it or will they just play for the draw? The problem is how inexperienced the lower middle order/tail is after Aggarwal. Yes, they were brilliant in the last innings, but you can't keep depending on them to save you every time. But at the same time, one or two high scoring overs and suddenly the target is under 50 and then Australia start to feel the pressure. I feel the game plan now is to just punish the bad balls, play carefully, see how close to the target you can reach and once you feel you are safe, try to win it.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
So, this is a bit premature and hopefully i don't jinx india with this post, but let's say India score 60-70 runs in the next 20 overs with loss of one wicket, which leaves 80-90 to get in 20 overs with 6 wickets in hand. Would they go for it or will they just play for the draw? The problem is how inexperienced the lower middle order/tail is after Aggarwal. Yes, they were brilliant in the last innings, but you can't keep depending on them to save you every time. But at the same time, one or two high scoring overs and suddenly the target is under 50 and then Australia start to feel the pressure. I feel the game plan now is to just punish the bad balls, play carefully, see how close to the target you can reach and once you feel you are safe, try to win it.
For India to win they need to attack Starc and Lyon and survive against Hazlewood and Cummins.

If Pant gets going then its anyone's game.

Sanche7

For India to win they need to attack Starc and Lyon and survive against Hazlewood and Cummins.

If Pant gets going then its anyone's game.
Yeah, Aggarwal can attack well too. I think Pujara will try to stay there till the end while Pant and Aggarwal try to win it. I feel there will be a few overs from Green soon as these guys will need a rest soon. So maybe they will target green. Interesting few hours of play ahead.

Sanche7

Australia will just bowl defensive once it gets to about 75 runs to chase
Big risk IMO, especially if Pant is still there. Dude can clear the boundary with ease and as I said, one or two good overs and the target is below 50 and soon the Aussies start making mistakes. Pressure can ruin the best of the best.
All of this is very premature as a wicket or two can massively change the game

jungledrums

I hope they go for it. That would be an astonishing win and fair play they’d deserve it. As an Aussie, I’d actually rather India win than a draw here.

Sanche7

Cricinfo - India went at exactly four an over in the post-lunch session. If they have to get to the target, they'll need to score at 3.92 (if we get all the 37 available overs) after tea.
Doable but depends a lot on Pant and Aggarwal.

Sanche7

I hope they go for it. That would be an astonishing win and fair play they’d deserve it. As an Aussie, I’d actually rather India win than a draw here.
Yup, would be something else. But IMO the possibility of results are : draw > Aussies win > India win.
But given how this series has gone so far, no one can predict what is going to happen. A fitting last session to what has been one of the best test series in recent times.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Shane Warne is a genuine cnut. Calling Gill's innings lucky. Bitter twat.
Does he tend to be particularly silly when talking about the Indian team? Would kinda make sense, given how things went for him against India.

jungledrums

Does he tend to be particularly silly when talking about the Indian team? Would kinda make sense, given how things went for him against India.
Don’t think so. He’s even a twat to fellow Aussies - see recent comments about Labuschagne’s technique.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Don’t think so. He’s even a twat to fellow Aussies - see recent comments about Labuschagne’s technique.
I've always found him weirdly complimentary about England.

EDIT - He might just be a bit of an anglophile, though. He did choose to spend quite a lot of time playing county cricket here.