Cricket

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Heard there was covid exposure. Sad as the tournament was going good.
Yeah finally they've made it a batting centric tournament. Saw Babar innings yesterday. Class.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
PSL postponed? Wtf happened @ha_rooney ?
Yep rising Covid infections. Unfortunately it seems the “secure bubble” protocol isn’t as tight it should be.

At least Babar showed some form, was worried he was in some slump after the SA series!

NinjaFletch

First a hattrick

And then this

This is amazing.

Especially as Pollard decided to do it at 62-4 in the sixth over with his team chasing 130.

By the end of that over there had been 22 scoring shorts and 11 of them were sixes.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What's going on with the Windies? Didn't think the guys were considered for selection anymore.

Dwayne Bravo
Fidel Edwards
Chris Gayle
Lendl Simmons

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What's going on with the Windies? Didn't think the guys were considered for selection anymore.

Dwayne Bravo
Fidel Edwards
Chris Gayle
Lendl Simmons
Fidel Edwards has been bowling well in some of the leagues so is a good addition, Gayle is definitely still an asset to have . Simmons is the one I am unsure about

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Fidel Edwards has been bowling well in some of the leagues so is a good addition, Gayle is definitely still an asset to have . Simmons is the one I am unsure about
Gayle is the one which is surprising me the most to be honest. He is like 40 years old flying around the globe playing in all these franchise conditions with a dodgy heart, I thought he would of slowed down by now. Great longevity to be fair in regards to Edwards as he did ok with Hampshire couple of seasons ago when he was with them. Just checked on Wikipedia he's 39. :eek:

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Just watching the Sri Lanka vs West Indies match and really impressed again by the bowling of Lasith Embuldeiya. I thought he had a great series against England.

There seems to be a great selection in left arm off spinners in cricket at the minute.

Leach
Embuldeiya
Axar
Maharaj

Is that all or have I missed anyone out?

zing

Zingle balls
Just watching the Sri Lanka vs West Indies match and really impressed again by the bowling of Lasith Embuldeiya. I thought he had a great series against England.

There seems to be a great selection in left arm off spinners in cricket at the minute.

Leach
Embuldeiya
Axar
Maharaj

Is that all or have I missed anyone out?
Jadeja.

ha_rooney

Superb 100 from Babar, some lovely shots. Pakistan should go on to win this from here.

edit: he’s out next ball. Ffs :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Pakistan making a meal of a straightforward chase and South Africa dropping simple catches and bowling beamers as soon as they have the upper hand. Some things never change :lol:

ha_rooney

Made that far harder than it needed to be. Should’ve won comfortably, instead took it to the last ball like amateurs. Imbeciles need to learn to deal with a little bit of pressure without crumbling.

Kazi

United right now are basically the footballing version of SA. Complete bottle jobs with some decent individual players.

ha_rooney

Pakistan really struggling with the pace and bounce from Nortje. Unless Fakhar gets us off to a fast start, I don’t think we have the ability to chase down 320+ against decent opposition.

ha_rooney

Oh Fakhar - what a way to get out :(

Great effort nonetheless. Some class shots, deserved to get to 200.

We really need to sort out the middle order which is too reliant on Babar & Rizwan to do something - that ultimately cost us today & almost cost us in the first game.

Samid

Brilliant by Zaman but De Kock completely outsmarted him there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Outsmarted? There's nothing 'outsmarted' about breaking the laws. Shouldn't have been given out and 5 penalty runs should have been awarded to the batting side.

41.5 Deliberate distraction, deception or obstruction of batsman

In addition to 41.4, it is unfair for any fielder wilfully to attempt, by word or action, to distract, deceive or obstruct either batsman after the striker has received the ball.

41.5.2 It is for either one of the umpires to decide whether any distraction, deception or obstruction is wilful or not.

41.5.3 If either umpire considers that a fielder has caused or attempted to cause such a distraction, deception or obstruction, he/she shall immediately call and signal Dead ball and inform the other umpire of the reason for the call.

41.5.4 Neither batsman shall be dismissed from that delivery.

41.5.5 If an obstruction involves physical contact, the umpires together shall decide whether or not an offence under Law 42 (Players’ conduct) has been committed.

41.5.5.1 If an offence under Law 42 (Players’ conduct) has been committed, they shall apply the relevant procedures in Law 42 and shall also apply each of 41.5.7 to 41.5.9.

41.5.5.2 If they consider that there has been no offence under Law 42 (Players’ conduct), they shall apply each of 41.5.6 to 41.5.10.

41.5.6 The bowler’s end umpire shall

- award 5 Penalty runs to the batting side.

- inform the captain of the fielding side of the reason for this action and as soon as practicable inform the captain of the batting side.

41.5.7 The ball shall not count as one of the over.

41.5.8 Any runs completed by the batsmen before the offence shall be scored, together with any runs for penalties awarded to either side. Additionally, the run in progress shall be scored whether or not the batsmen had already crossed at the instant of the offence.

41.5.9 The batsmen at the wicket shall decide which of them is to face the next delivery.

41.5.10 The umpires together shall report the occurrence as soon as possible after the match to the Executive of the offending side and to any Governing Body responsible for the match, who shall take such action as is considered appropriate against the captain, any other individuals concerned and, if appropriate, the team.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Outsmarted? There's nothing 'outsmarted' about breaking the laws. Shouldn't have been given out and 5 penalty runs should have been awarded to the batting side.
Yea. Umpires had a cockup today, they missed the ball hitting Bavuma's hat as well, which would've been 5 penalty runs as well. I guess the third umpire cannot intervene on these things even if it's obvious from replays.

10 less runs in that chase with the form Fakhar was in? Could've made a difference.

kiristao

Had no idea there was a law against pointing to one end while the ball was actually headed to the other end.
Going by what you posted I guess De Kock cheated by the letter of the law but on a practical level it was quite hillarious that something as simple as pointing to the bowling end completely fooled Zaman

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Cricket has laws for such small moments that it must be difficult for the umpires to keep up. The Bavuma catch hitting his hat, what de kock did.

Reminds me of the extra run England got in the world cup final because the umpires didn't notice that the throw came in before the batsman crossed.

Had no idea there was a law against pointing to one end while the ball was actually headed to the other end.
Going by what you posted I guess De Kock cheated by the letter of the law but on a practical level it was quite hillarious that something as simple as pointing to the bowling end completely fooled Zaman
The issue wasn't just the pointing, but Fakhar clearly slowed down and even looked back at the bowlers end thinking the throw was going there. Clear violation of the law missed by the umpires, I guess Fakhar didn't complain as well so no one looked into it.

KM

That was hilarious by De Kock but what an innings by Zaman.

Samid

Yea. Umpires had a cockup today, they missed the ball hitting Bavuma's hat as well, which would've been 5 penalty runs as well. I guess the third umpire cannot intervene on these things even if it's obvious from replays.

10 less runs in that chase with the form Fakhar was in? Could've made a difference.
I think they got that one right because he was wearing the hat and it fell off naturally. Would have been different if he had deliberately flicked it off, or if it fell out of the back of his trousers or something.

But the fake fielding one is 5 penalty runs + the 2 they ran + ball not counting. So would have been 23 needed from 6 with Fakhar on strike instead of 30 from 5 and Fakhar out. With the way he was going you would have half fancied him to pull it off.

KM

This of course is the gold standard for any keeper.

kiristao

The issue wasn't just the pointing, but Fakhar clearly slowed down and even looked back at the bowlers end thinking the throw was going there. Clear violation of the law missed by the umpires, I guess Fakhar didn't complain as well so no one looked into it.
I get your point and that is what I said that I understand it was a wrong by the letter of the law.
To be honest though, I think it's a rather stupid law. I can understand distraction and obstruction being and issue but deception like what De Kock did is is far more acceptable in my book as compared to the sledging that happens in games.
I have seen Dhoni do something similar in the past where he stood near the stumps with his arms next to his side with a body language that made it seem like the ball is goin to the other end and then suddenly coming alive and running a player out. Only difference was he didn't point but he definitely decieved the batsmen with his body language.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Hard to call it a deception when the ball is clearly in play and can be seen by everybody. I think deception would be where a fielder tries to hide the fact that he has the ball and then throws it when the batsmen start running

kiristao

Hard to call it a deception when the ball is clearly in play and can be seen by everybody. I think deception would be where a fielder tries to hide the fact that he has the ball and then throws it when the batsmen start running
Now this makes sense as the correct definition of deception.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It is deception because Fakhar was running towards his end and therefore not looking at where the ball is, which is what every batsman does. He only slowed down, and even looked back at the bowlers end, when De Kock pointed there. That's clearly deception, it's the same if the fielder pretends the ball has hit the boundary and suddenly throws it with the batsman in the middle. Even in that case the ball is visible to everyone, it's still deception.

Don't think it would've mattered in the end in terms of the result, though maybe Fakhar would've gotten his double century :(