Cricket

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Got the breakthrough but a solid start by the openers.

Skills

Snitch
Draw here would be anticlimactic. They need to find a way to get a winner especially if they're set on hosting the finals in England with the shite weather

ha_rooney

This is the key partnership for India to get to a competitive score.

ha_rooney

Bad light stopping play again.

If Test cricket is to survive, they need to start going with the pink ball full time.

MDFC Manager

Commentator (Nasser Hussain i think): Jamieson has only bowled 6 balls this innings which have gone on to hit the stumps. May need to adjust his length.

Very next ball, lbw Kohli :lol:

ha_rooney

Jamieson’s a brilliant bowler. Gets lovely shape with the ball but it’s the control with the length that’s really impressed me, constant pressure on the batsmen.

ha_rooney

Rahane’s thrown away his wicket. Just before the new ball too.

ha_rooney

Ashwin has played some gorgeous shots.

edit - out next ball :lol:

AshRK

Good intent shown by ashwin. No point just trying to defend for the sake of defending here. Scoring a quick 20-25 is more valuable than just sticking around and getting out at 8.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Not a big score but they used up a lot of overs. If NZ want to win this they'll probably have to score quicker than India. Might be an idea for the seamers to try some full wide ones to see how keen NZ are.

ha_rooney

This game is set-up nicely with the tricky conditions for batting. Just hope the weather stays clear.

ha_rooney

:lol:

That's so shite
It is, especially when the weather/bad light is likely going to prevent a result.

Personally, I think it should be a 3-game series to decide the winner. A one off final is fine for limited overs cricket, but Test cricket should be contested over multiple games.

Skills

Snitch
Bhuvneshwar Kumar would've been really valuable for India in these conditions

JohnnyKills

It is, especially when the weather/bad light is likely going to prevent a result.

Personally, I think it should be a 3-game series to decide the winner. A one off final is fine for limited overs cricket, but Test cricket should be contested over multiple games.
Or they could just make the test timeless. If they're going to hold it in England they need to account for the weather.

JohnnyKills

Draw here would be anticlimactic. They need to find a way to get a winner especially if they're set on hosting the finals in England with the shite weather
Yeah this.

England is a good place to hold the tournament because of its geographic location and the fact no-one else plays during the northern summer. But the weather has to be accounted for. If not, they need to consider somewhere like Dubai.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Or they could just make the test timeless. If they're going to hold it in England they need to account for the weather.
Apart from the logistical problems I think a timeless test would just be too different a contest. I don't think the best test team and the best team in a timeless format are necessarily the same team.