Gaming Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 Reunion (PS5/PS4, Series S/X, Xbox One, Switch, PC)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Still waiting on FF IX remake, but at least it's getting closer with this one already being released.

Irwin99

Not for me sadly. I just don't think i'll ever get the appeal of Zack. The original hidden scene in FF7 is still really brutal, i always remember finding it as a kid and being shocked.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How are people getting on with this? I’ve dipped into some FuzzFinger streams and it looks really easy.

Irwin99

How are people getting on with this? I’ve dipped into some FuzzFinger streams and it looks really easy.
I like some of his stuff but i have to say I've watched the cutscenes for the entire game and my god, some of the characters and dialogue is wretched.

I know it was from 2007 but what were they thinking with Genesis and his 'gift of the goddess' stuff? He's going to be in Remake part 2 isn't he?! :(

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I like some of his stuff but i have to say I've watched the cutscenes for the entire game and my god, some of the characters and dialogue is wretched.

I know it was from 2007 but what were they thinking with Genesis and his 'gift of the goddess' stuff? He's going to be in Remake part 2 isn't he?! :(
Yeah I’m upto chapter 5 and a lot of the cutscenes are cheesy as feck (and christ chapter 4 was largely pish).

It’s a decent enough game whilst I’m playing, but when I’m away from it I don’t have a real urge to get back to it.

Irwin99

Yeah I’m upto chapter 5 and a lot of the cutscenes are cheesy as feck (and christ chapter 4 was largely pish).

It’s a decent enough game whilst I’m playing, but when I’m away from it I don’t have a real urge to get back to it.
gameplay doesn't look too bad at all and I might play it when it's eventually on the PS plus, but my god those cutscenes

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The trailer made this game look much better than it is. It looks really bad for a ps5 game. I know it’s a psp port but crikey.

pacifictheme

The trailer made this game look much better than it is. It looks really bad for a ps5 game. I know it’s a psp port but crikey.
I thought it looked very good for a psp port that had been (significantly) touched up. What were you expecting? Ff7r graphics?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought it looked very good for a psp port that had been (significantly) touched up. What were you expecting? Ff7r graphics?
not as shite as this, yeah. I’d be a bit annoyed if I was someone who had paid full price.

pacifictheme

I am surprised, I thought it looked really good in general play, to the point I am genuinely confused that you thought it looked so bad.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
[/QUOTE
Didn’t think it looked bad tbh but then I’m easily impressed.

very very linear though. I had to put it down at chapter 5 I think, still haven’t gone back to it

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I am surprised, I thought it looked really good in general play, to the point I am genuinely confused that you thought it looked so bad.
Definitely doesn't look really good but I also didn't play the original so perhaps that's why (especially after playing ME Legendary, TW3 PS5 update and some of FF7R again).

I don't mind that linearity actually. After playing the above games I need an easy going game like that.

Irwin99

"Infinite in mystery is the goddess, we seek...

Shut the f*&% up you Kuja wannabe!!!! If he's involved in 7R part 2 then i shudder to think what might happen. Dreadful villain.

SuperiorXI

They've charged a lot of money for what is basically the psp game with a bit of a facelift. It's probably worth closer to 15 quid than the 30-odd It's up for now

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Spent most of the weekend playing this and I’ve only got to about 75% of missions completed. There are far too many.

I am pretty disappointed by the game really. Most of the material is useless and you don’t even use so getting them from missions is pointless. You can do the majority of missions using the exact same material and it’s the same maps over and over again. It’s incredibly repetitive and while the arcade element is fun initially it quickly becomes boring as feck. I know it’s a psp port and if I had it on that console I think I’d be fine with it but it’s really a 6/10 PS5 game at most.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Spent most of the weekend playing this and I’ve only got to about 75% of missions completed. There are far too many.

I am pretty disappointed by the game really. Most of the material is useless and you don’t even use so getting them from missions is pointless. You can do the majority of missions using the exact same material and it’s the same maps over and over again. It’s incredibly repetitive and while the arcade element is fun initially it quickly becomes boring as feck. I know it’s a psp port and if I had it on that console I think I’d be fine with it but it’s really a 6/10 PS5 game at most.
Just hit a platinum on it. Pretty easy overall to get, just time consuming for certain parts. Only boss to give me trouble was the final mission which was a large jump in difficulty.