Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
There is a lack of great strikers available atm in their prime or youth, which made bringing back Ronaldo some kind of sense. However his wages and profile simply doesn't match his ability anymore. He'll score some goals for sure since that's his job and he's Ronaldo, however building around a 37 year old Ronaldo is bit like building around a past his best RVN. It doesn't really make sense.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There is a lack of great strikers available atm in their prime or youth, which made bringing back Ronaldo some kind of sense. However his wages and profile simply doesn't match his ability anymore. He'll score some goals for sure since that's his job and he's Ronaldo, however building around a 37 year old Ronaldo is bit like building around a past his best RVN. It doesn't really make sense.
The crazy thing is that Ruud was 7 years younger than Ronaldo when Fergie got rid. Proper management. The team over all individuals. Been far too long since we’ve had that sort of driven ruthlessness at this club.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The crazy thing is that Ruud was 7 years younger than Ronaldo when Fergie got rid. Proper management. The team over all individuals. Been far too long since we’ve had that sort of driven ruthlessness at this club.
I guess the thing is that Ronaldo just transfered after being Seria A topscorer which is impressive for his age. However again it's a question about whether he improves the team or not. We've been so shit pre-Ronaldo as well it's hard to figure out. However building around a old poacher who's a legend no doubt seems like a bad idea. However despite apparently boasting a great forward line we are not prolific at all. I'm not sure that can be blamed on Ronaldo at all, but his overall play is just not that of a WC striker in his prime.

Nicolarra90

How does Cavani always end up with so many chances? Cavani could have had a hat trick in 2nd half, and he was playing with the same players.
Cavani positions himself better. He's not trying to find 1v1 all the time. He drops himself back to the edge of the penalty box where he is easier to find.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
So we drop Ronaldo and replace him with a player who has one foot out the door and picks and chooses when he wants to play?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How does Cavani always end up with so many chances? Cavani could have had a hat trick in 2nd half, and he was playing with the same players.
No no, shh. Ronaldo is doing everything you need from a striker. It’s everyone else’s fault.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
So we drop Ronaldo and replace him with a player who has one foot out the door and picks and chooses when he wants to play?
You choose a team that likely wins you the next game. He's still a United player until he leaves.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
You choose a team that likely wins you the next game. He's still a United player until he leaves.
I love Cavani but he sounds like a nightmare to deal with when it comes to his fitness and availability. We can't rely on him as a starter.

SonyaCross493

Most sensible football fans agree that Ronaldo and De Gea have been our best players this season

You wouldn't drop De Gea after 2 bad games especially if the defenders let him down (which the midfield let Ronaldo down), so you shouldn't drop Ronaldo either if there are no agendas.

Maguire, Rashford and Bruno Fernandes should be the ones first in line for the cull before Ronaldo.

United in sin

We'd sign him next season had he not joined us last transfer window regardless. Ronaldo coming home was inevitable, i was just not expecting this (where we are dragging him to our level instead of the other way around). Was expecting Ronaldo to be the cherry on top but as it is we are still baking the cake.
He'd be playing for city this season if Pep wanted him so nothing is inevitable about his return. He wanted them before us. This isn't home for Ronaldo. I wouldn't be surprised if he forced a move away if we fail to finish in the top 4

Man Utd 3:1 Burnley

bakalhau

Good game. Did a little bit of everything on the pitch. Really liked the headed pass to Cavani in 2nd half.

Edit: I love seeing him and Cavani together. United look more dangerous in the area with both.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Very good tonight and she have had another one.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Good today, should have had one or two more. Think he worked hard.

Irwin99

Bad night in terms of finishing chances but was pretty good at most other things. I liked the way he set up chances for Cavani and Scott and his movement was top class.

14 goals (and 3 assists) in 20 games. I'm pretty sure he'll get 30 goals this season.

IhabX7

Missed a sitter and felt he needed to redeem himself and he did. Not a great performance but definitely a step up and some good link up play. That counter with Sancho and Cavani was good stuff. His fitness level seems very good.

the_cliff

If Rashford had that exact same performance as Ronaldo people will be saying he needs to be dropped. Average performance again, people will say he played well because he scored.

Bobski

He was able to get on the ball a lot more tonight, Cavani in the central spaces allowed him to roam and work the wide areas. Did ok.

Rossa

If Rashford had that exact same performance as Ronaldo people will be saying he needs to be dropped. Average performance again, people will say he played well because he scored.
A goal and an assist. Terrible. He also made several great runs, one of which he should have scored. He linked up well and offered and outlet. However, his technique was off today. Certainly not a bad game, but not a great one either.

MattofManchester

Poor by his standards, but under current circumstances, I'm not really sure if I should be expecting better.

Should have had a few more goals to show as well.

Seems like he picked up a knock at the end.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He was average for me. Not bad, not great.

His first touch worries me a bit. The amount of times he pulls the ball towards him which gives the defender an extra chance to close him down is... well it happens a lot.

bakalhau

Quite the contrary, my post above was certainly more because of everything except for the goal.

Although that beach casual tap in was nice.

the_cliff

A goal and an assist. Terrible. He also made several great runs, one of which he should have scored. He linked up well and offered and outlet. However, his technique was off today. Certainly not a bad game, but not a great one either.
A tap in and a mis controlled touch leading to an assist. He lost the ball plenty of times, missed some sitters, as I said an average game and judging by the bolded part you agree with me.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’s never not gonna be frustrated because he’s used to scoring hat tricks for fun in games like that. Those days are finally over. Be happy with one goal.

Rossa

A tap in and a mis controlled touch leading to an assist. He lost the ball plenty of times, missed some sitters, as I said an average game and judging by the bolded part you agree with me.
But not one that Rashford would get toasted for. I think it was average, but he was cital for the team. One must stop believing tap ins are accidental. A goal is a goal, and scoring is a an art form. He stands there for a reason and he is onside for a reason.

redcafe_reader

Not sure about that, since Ronaldo works hard today and Rashford just looks disinterested.

Bobski

Makes me sad that we don't have a decent free kick option in the squad, even Bruno isn't very good at them. Would kill for a Giggs level set piece guy, let alone Becks.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was better. Nothing great, but a decent showing.

His finishing in the Prem has been off all season though.

He's been way more clinical in the CL.

dribirut

I’m literally dying here laughing at everyone saying the team would be better without him. People have such short memories.. the team was playing like complete crap the last 10 or so games of last season.

Devil81

It's a shame watching his decline but make no mistake we are seeing it in full force.

The biggest point I notice is the adjustment of his feet, you can see his mind is telling him what to do but the body doesn't keep up.

Simple question I ask myself now, would I accept less goals and more workmate for the team off another striker over Ronny's limited movement but ruthless drive for goals?

I think it would actually help the other players more if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.