Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Everyone understands that (well, not everyone agrees greatest ever but close enough) What his uber fans like you don’t understand is that he’s a shadow of the player he once was. And the attitude that made him so great could be a huge problem as his abilities continue to wane. I don’t think the strop tonight is a big deal and everyone involved will get over it soon enough but it’s an obvious red flag about dressing room harmony in the future and when he contributes as little as he’s done in his last few games it’s reasonable to ask is he worth all the drama?
Sorry, I strongly disagree. It’s a red flag if the other players are so soft that this little «incident» does anything at all in a negative sense.

TheGame

Why are people having a go at the manager? The same people moaning that he’s too scared to take him off in other games. He was taken off as he was just back from injury. The manager is the one to makes the decisions. Sure Ronaldo was unhappy to be subbed as he wants to play every game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Sorry, I strongly disagree. It’s a red flag if the other players are so soft that this little «incident» does anything at all in a negative sense.
The combination of being repeatedly picked, playing as poorly as he does and disrespecting the manager as blatantly as he did tonight is clearly not ideal for building a successful squad mentality.

Joel Miller

Bollocks. The only obsession lies with the haters.
But you say that as someone who quite clearly has an obsession with him and is more concerned with his best interests as an individual. Someone who posted SIUUUU religiously on a United forum when he was scoring for other clubs is hardly likely to be the most objective.

Nothing against you friend, but your looking at this with Ronaldo goggles. He’s often shown disrespect in his career, only unlike a lot of others, he’s never outgrown that. It’s all about Manchester United, it’s not the Ronnie show and at 36 he should not be sulking like a petulant teenager.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Normally, no. However, Ronaldo is not a normal player. He is the greatest footballer to ever play the game, let alone play for United. It’s baffling how people doesn’t understand that.
Should we appoint him as an interim manager instead of Rangnick then? Otherwise what's the point? I don't care much about his reaction to be honest as it doesn't surprise me, we all know how it is. But saying that this reaction was manager's fault as the latter dared to substitute him and if he hadn't (as he knew that Cristiano wouldn't like it), everything would be great is just... mind-boggling.

And Cristiano may be the greatest footballer to ever play the game (personally I wouldn't say so but he's certainly up there with the very best), but he isn't the best player in the league — and probably not even in our team at the moment. Not in this form anyway. And this is what matters on the pitch, they don't award you points based on your players' trophy cabinets.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Good he was taken off, he wasn't very good at all today. Hardly any involvement in the play, can't hold the ball up, can't run into the channels and now can't even score regularly. People going on about the chest ffs, it was decent but Bruno had a lot of work to do still and did it well, otherwise no goal. He needs to up his game because the form he's in, he doesn't start for me.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
And Cristiano may be the greatest footballer to ever play the game (personally I wouldn't say so but he's certainly up there with the very best), but he isn't the best player in the league — and probably not even in our team at the moment. Not in this form anyway. And this is what matters on the pitch, they don't award you points based on your players' trophy cabinets.
Never mind best player in the league. Ranking him among all the PL number 9s based on league performances so far this season would be a very depressing exercise.

rooney2009

He had an ok good 2nd and I don’t mind the attitude but it’s a team game now
Ronaldo is just another squad player now and at 37 should be treated as such

the_cliff

Yeah, people here blaming Ralf. :lol: :lol:

Need to coddle him and get his confidence up.

He's 37 years old...

Paddymcc

He had a very poor game today.

Why when he was the focal point of the attack, the central striker was he coming deep, out to the wings etc? It was no coincidence we started playing better when he stayed where he should have been the whole game.

He doesn't have the pace anymore to worry Premier League class defenders so they can push the two central defenders right up, compress the space between midfield and defence and make it even easier for them to close our midfielders down as quickly as they did in the first half this evening. There was literally zero danger of him running in behind the Brentford defence tonight.

And taking the ball of Elanga as he cut inside for a nothing shot. Imagine the tantrum if that was the other way round.

El Jefe

Almost 37 and still a child. Fine line between competitive fire and looking like a bellend.

Still love him though.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Ha! Some right plonkers in this thread. 'Don't you UNDERSTAND???? He is the GREATEST!!!' Calling out lazy feckers on the squad? Yes indeed. Looking for higher standards? With you all the way, Ronnie. This childish, self-obsessed bullshit? The very opposite of what I need to be looking at. 12 year old Anthony Elanga in his post match interview made Ronaldo look like a dick. More like a dick, I mean. Like a bigger dick. Not in a good way.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Such a crybaby. His antics were accepted back then when he was actually great.
Right now it’s just annoying, boring and unnecessary.

UncleBob

Shouldn't be playing as much as he is. Glorious vision and execution for our second goal, but overall he's quite far from good enough to be starting as often as he is.

Ranger2d

I can’t believe he’ll be here for another season, besides the lovely chest pre-assist he had today. He just gets in the way to often, he drops way to deep and his touch is iffy, and some of his movement in the box today was to predictable it’s like he was expecting crosses to find him as opposed trying to get in front of the defender, when Telles was spamming in crosses. It’s okay to admit that the he’s close to the end of his career, to many people on here get to defensive. He’s a legend and I love him but the sooner we can move on, the better our team will be in the long term, Like Aguero at City

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
If the manager thinks taking you off will benefit the team then you must accept that, even if you’re Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldo only cares about Ronaldo, racking up his personal goal tally is more important to him than the team’s success. Hopefully he’s gone in the summer.

Devil may care

Great chest pass in the build up for the 2nd goal, all round he worked for the team but he's looking limited and the mobility isn't great.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A retired bloke joining the Sunday kickabout.
If we can’t play him as an impact sub, why do we keep him through the winter transfer window? He’s a liability when starting.

KingCavani

This place.

:lol:

Players with Ronaldo’s mentality don’t like being subbed off. It’s not news. He’ll be fine. Thought he played well for the most part.

Guapa

Love having him back here but I think we look better with out him.Ragnick did the right thing today(apart from bringing Maguire on)Ronaldo needs to earn his place and accept a bit part roll now which reflects his contribution to the team.Happy if he moves on to be honest.

Green_Red

Do people remember when Rooney used to go mad when he was taken off early? When someone at his age has that reaction you can tell the mentality he has. He wants to be on the pitch winning football games. He put in an excellent shift today too, he was all over the place and get involved on plenty of link up play. I personally would love to see every player we have with that mentality, wanting to be on the pitch and helping the team to win games, wanting to be on the ball all the time, and not being happy when they're subbed off. It's much better than seeing passive performances where players just coast through games and don't care when they have to go off. It's a good sign.

steffyr2

Love having him back here but I think we look better with out him.Ragnick did the right thing today(apart from bringing Maguire on)Ronaldo needs to earn his place and accept a bit part roll now which reflects his contribution to the team.Happy if he moves on to be honest.
Weren't we without him for the last 2 games? In what way did we look better?

Also, was the plan for Ronaldo to play in midfield?

the_cliff

Do people remember when Rooney used to go mad when he was taken off early? When someone at his age has that reaction you can tell the mentality he has. He wants to be on the pitch winning football games. He put in an excellent shift today too, he was all over the place and get involved on plenty of link up play. I personally would love to see every player we have with that mentality, wanting to be on the pitch and helping the team to win games, wanting to be on the ball all the time, and not being happy when they're subbed off. It's much better than seeing passive performances where players just coast through games and don't care when they have to go off. It's a good sign.
Rooney at 18 was 5x the player Ronaldo is now.

If Rashford had the exact same performance Ronaldo had today and had the exact same reaction when being subbed there would be threads in this place saying Sell Rashford he's a disgrace.

The love in this place has for Ronaldo is strange.

He's been average since the UCL group stage came to an end, if he was banging in goals left right and centre I can take his bitching and complaining. But he's crap and has been crap for a long time now, get off the pitch you should be happy you started based on your form.

Last edited:

Greck

Sorry current Ronaldo isn't good enough to challenge his own substitution, this only makes sense for players who should actually be starting and finishing every game.

This isn't current Ronaldo. Outside the CL this version shouldn't even finish matches where we're struggling because of how little he brings outside scoring and yes we all saw the chest pass and still stand by the assessment. So we can't sub our own player anymore? He isn't that bloody good anymore.

Pat Cat

I really do believe he's an average premier league player at this point, at best. He needs the team to make so many accommodations for him yet he's not even scoring at a 1 in 2 level discounting penalties or creating chances at even an average level.

the_cliff

I really do believe he's an average premier league player at this point, at best. He needs the team to make so many accommodations for him yet he's not even scoring at a 1 in 2 level discounting penalties or creating chances at even an average level.
No that's everyone and their dogs fault. That's got nothing to do with Ronaldo.

Pat Cat

The strop just exemplifies what's so hard about managing a declining superstar. Let's hope Rangnick is strong enough to continue leaving him out or substituting him when necessary unlike Ole who folded after his reaction after the Everton game.

Status
Not open for further replies.