Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volksie316

The guy is in clear decline now.

Really struggles to have any impact, on any games anymore.

Hope he can start scoring a little bit again and hopefully end the season with us, on a high note.

After that, I think it's best for everybody, that he is moved on.

CloneMC16

I thought he was poor. The chest pass was exceptional, but overall, he wasn't good. He was rightfully subbed. Taking off a forward and putting on a defender was a good change. His tantrum off the pitch was embarrassing. I really don't understand how anybody can say it's a good thing. If every player that got subbed acted like a 5 year old on the bench, that's really a good thing? This isn't Ronaldo FC. It doesn't matter who the player is. It makes the team as a whole look bad and puts the attention on him. He was still sulking when we scored the third goal.

Not being able to sub a player because he's gonna act like that is a problem. It might make Rangnick think twice about subbing him when it's the correct decision to do so.

Rooney at 18 was 5x the player Ronaldo is now.

If Rashford had the exact same performance Ronaldo had today and had the exact same reaction when being subbed there would be threads in this place saying Sell Rashford he's a disgrace.

The love in this place has for Ronaldo is strange.

He's been average since the UCL group stage came to an end, if he was banging in goals left right and centre I can take his bitching and complaining. But he's crap and has been crap for a long time now, get off the pitch you should be happy you started based on your form.
This is so true and exactly the point. This is not Ronaldo FC. He's not bigger than this club. Anybody saying that his behaviour is acceptable absolutely baffles me. If, and that's a very big if, he was still playing at a world class level, you might understand the reaction. Even then, I would think it's embarrassing, but I would understand it more.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
yet people forget his pressing, chest pass energy just because he didn't score

that's why Ronaldo was upset as he knows he don't get credit if he doesn't score a goal he's criticised in the media and by the fans as he's judged on goals.. he wants to be loved

if Ronaldinho or Messi did that chest pass it would be replayed all over the World for days.
Boo hoo

Leave Ronaldo alone !!!

Skyhightrees

Sheesh, why are people saying he was awful here?

Returning from injury, he had an okay game and got 7 on SofaScore, gave the ball away only 8 times. He is rusty but that´s to be expected of an previously injured player.

What's up with the Ronaldo hate boner in this place? Are you personality fans or football fans?

How was he any worse than Cavani's last three games?

Weird from supposed Manchester fans..

amolbhatia50k

I think Rangnick caused that reaction. Every man and his dog knows Ronaldo would react like that when you substitute him when he hasn't scored a goal

if Rangnick kept him on the pitch you avoid the side story and media headlines of Ronaldo strop

so I blame Rangnick for not understanding the player

Ronaldo hasn't played for a few weeks he didn't need a rest. A 2 week break after the West Ham game too

no need to rest him. He's the freshest player right now. He needs minutes.

he needs a confidence and a goal. His confidence must be low. Strikers live on goals especially him and when they are not scoring they are unhappy.
:lol: I think you should start a Ronaldo blog which is what this is at the moment. Apparently we have to play him to 90 minutes now because he may whinge.

ClassOf'99

This place.

:lol:

Players with Ronaldo’s mentality don’t like being subbed off. It’s not news. He’ll be fine. Thought he played well for the most part.
Oh no, you can't be being sensible in here and be making a sensible post, they'll come after you for this :nervous:

Ladron de redcafe

Bang on. It’s Ronaldo, people hate him because of how he looks and what he’s achieved. Whatcha going to do? *shrug*
:lol: Yes, people criticize diabolocally bad performances because...err...people are "jealous" of what a player of the team we support did in the past. Makes a lot of sense.

Ladron de redcafe

How he looks? The obsession with defending him at all costs is borderline creepy at times.

He was completely disrespectful and fans are right to be disappointed with his behaviour coming off, particularly at his age. 36 years old and still behaves like a spoiled child. Footballs a team game, though that concept might be lost on people who support players rather than clubs.
Defending someone's performance by talking up his looks and how any criticism of his play must redirected jealous of a player's looks is defintely some of the most hesdscratchingly creepy fanboyism I've seen :lol:

amolbhatia50k

:lol: Yes, people criticize diabolocally bad performances because...err...people are "jealous" of what a player of the team we support did in the past. Makes a lot of sense.
Surely if this were about jealousu about looks (which is :lol:) we'd be better off spending our time on HanryCavilldeb8.com or some shit like that.

Womp

idiot
He was shite and his sulking because he got subbed off is the shite that irks me about him.

Still love the guy though, but he needs to accept he isn't that guy anymore. Still a great player but he doesn't have a divine right to play every minute of every game anymore

ClassOf'99

Rooney at 18 was 5x the player Ronaldo is now.
Rooney 04/05 (18) - 43 apps - 17 goals -
6 assists

Ronaldo 21/22 (36) - 22 apps - 14 goals - 3 assists

That's a very strange comparison and claim, half of this fan base and "fans" like yourself have a really weird obsession with hating on one of the best players this club has ever seen.

The hate in this place has for Ronaldo is strange. (Fixed it for you)

"He's been average since the UCL group stage came to an end,"

he's scored 4 goals and assisted 1, in the 8 games since he last played in UCL. 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss (Wolves).

But according to you "he's crap and has been crap for a long time now, get off the pitch you should be happy you started based on your form."

Honestly I don't understand "fans" that hate on Ronaldo as if we are setting the world alight without him :rolleyes:

Rojow

Rooney 04/05 (18) - 43 apps - 17 goals -
6 assists

Ronaldo 21/22 (36) - 22 apps - 14 goals - 3 assists
Goals and Assist. You kidding? Rooney at 18 was a pressing machine along with a lot more things to offer than only goals and assist. I hate how some people reduce football to G/A only.

Fanboys can't deal with the fact that Ronnie is old now.

ClassOf'99

Goals and Assist. You kidding? Rooney at 18 was a pressing machine along with a lot more things to offer than only goals and assist. I hate how some people reduce football to G/A only.

Fanboys can't deal with the fact that Ronnie is old now.
I didn't know all those other things outside of the ball being in the back of the net won games? Did I miss that addition to football?

If you're going to make a statement like 5x a player in the same position then of course stats that actually matter for Strikers, winning games i.e goals and assists, you know the ball being in the net, actually matter.

Haters really seem to hate United having one of the greatest players of all time at the club.

Hate for hating sake, I've watched every game this season and we are far better with than without Ronaldo.

And yes I'm a United fan, I don't know if half of you can say that without lying, but I would prefer us playing with the best players we have available, Ronaldo being one of them.

Also if you want to see him do other stuff than score and assist, go watch him taking 2 defenders with him on Elanga's goal or maybe you missed his chest pass tonight.

You'll be the same fans that are ready to pounce on the next De Gea mistake or Scott's next poor performance or, God forbid, saying Maguire should be our starting captain.

Ogaranya

I am disappointed with his moanings and attitudes, he should leave in the summer so that the new manager can do his job easier.

Enough of all this defending him at all cost, the club is going through a lot in the hands of media butchers recently, this action of acting like a spoilt kid because of subbing is uncalled for.

Open the summer door, let him go.

Hailee

I will be happy if everyone in the club has the same mentality.

It'll be a little toxic for sure, but I think it is easier to deal with this kind of toxicity than the soft and pacifist kind of toxicity Ole has built up.

Vaibhav Raj

While it may sound ridiculous to suggest that certain posters hate Ronaldo because of who he is, how much he has achieved and his looks etc., a quick look at the posting history of a lot of those who are criticising him hints at very weird levels of obsession. They have set up camps in all Ronaldo threads and are up in arms against anyone who has anything remotely positive to say about a very good player who, while not performing at absolute top level, has been one of the two players to do anything meaningful this season for the club. I don't think such an obsession, especially for being unreasonably and overly critical towards one of our own players, is born out of concerns for the team or performances.

united for life

Love ronaldo. Arguable the best player in history, crazy numbers, leader and a winner. He’s not 20 years old and far more mature. When he gets subbed, he should just accept it an go sit on the bench quietly. No need for all this attitude. This would only undermine the manager and indicate, probably wrongly, that the player and manager don’t get along (we already hear a lot of rumors around that).

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Many players react like that tbh, specially as their ego is big. It's a nothing story but you know the TV directors love those moments so they tried to make it bigger than it was.
I'm sure Ronaldo was happy with the win in the end.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I love his attitude. Showing his heart is in football. He just love to play.

Nordmore

Looked sharper than usual.
Probably the worst player in the pitch until the chest pass
Agreed.

He was average at best until that chest pass but miles better than the previous matches. At least he no longer screwed up basic things on a regular basis. Probably because he hasn't played the last two matches. He's 37 yo in two weeks anyway.

However I seriously dislike his action after being subbed. Very childish, primadonna and unprofessional. Ralf even had to come and calmed him down which is something I've never seen a coach had to do to a subbed player. That shows how powerful his status is and I don't think it's good for the team. Imagine if someone else was subbed and did the same Ralf probably didn't give a feck.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He cares more about himself than the club, as always. He can talk about team objectives all day long when all that matters to him is his personal statistic.

MrEleson

However I seriously dislike his action after being subbed. Very childish, primadonna and unprofessional. Ralf even had to come and calmed him down which is something I've never seen a coach had to do to a subbed player. That shows how powerful his status is and I don't think it's good for the team. Imagine if someone else was subbed and did the same Ralf probably didn't give a feck.

https://youtube.com/shorts/oZiwEbuMnmQ?feature=share

Not condoning his actions but some of you are really getting overworked about his reaction. It’s about normal for every mega superstar player in the game. He did it under SAF and he also did it under Zidane who are probably the 2 coaches he has the utmost respect for; who also both managed to extract arguably the best versions of him on the pitch. Clearly, it’s been a while since a player of Ronaldo’s stature has played at the club if people are really going to make a saga of this. Even Messi reacted the same when he was being subbed by Pochettino some months ago.

twitter thread suggester
The game was at a point where he likely would have scored one or two, had he stayed on. I was annoyed by his sub as well.
That being said, he is such a petulant man baby.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He cares more about himself than the club, as always. He can talk about team objectives all day long when all that matters to him is his personal statistic.
His form and attitude are more of a problem then a benefit. Should not even start

Fluctuation0161

He was shite and his sulking because he got subbed off is the shite that irks me about him.

Still love the guy though, but he needs to accept he isn't that guy anymore. Still a great player but he doesn't have a divine right to play every minute of every game anymore
100%. Needs to buck up his ideas. We are not Ronaldo FC and he is slightly slower and less versatile than he used to be. Still a great player but not the beast he was earlier in his career.

Nordmore

https://youtube.com/shorts/oZiwEbuMnmQ?feature=share

Not condoning his actions but some of you are really getting overworked about his reaction. It’s about normal for every mega superstar player in the game. He did it under SAF and he also did it under Zidane who are probably the 2 coaches he has the utmost respect for; who also both managed to extract arguably the best versions of him on the pitch. Clearly, it’s been a while since a player of Ronaldo’s stature has played at the club if people are really going to make a saga of this. Even Messi reacted the same when he was being subbed by Pochettino some months ago.
It's not because he's done that in the past or Messi or anyone else did the same that behaviour should or could be considered acceptable. Very childish, unprofessional and disrespectful to the coach. Period.

Jimmah

It's a good job Donny doesn't sulk this much when he's not on the pitch or Ralf would be giving him 1 on 1 therapy sessions on the bench during the match. I love Ronaldo but the guy needs to be more professional when things aren't going his way, it undermines the managers decisions and sets a bad example. I mean it's good he obviously wanted to carry on playing but he's just come back from injury, why risk it when you're 2-0 up.

copen1945

His overall performance can be better, but he has been a goal scorer for United. He will be the deciding factor when the Champions League matches come around, I think. Ralf must take care to devise tactics that integrate Ronaldo with his own ideas about gegenpressing.

MrEleson

It's not because he's done that in the past or Messi or anyone else did the same that behaviour should or could be considered acceptable. Very childish, unprofessional and disrespectful to the coach. Period.
I’m not saying it’s not. I’m saying it’s relatively normal in football when dealing with players at the very highest level so we should move on from it.

Nordmore

It's not ideal but you're blowing it wayyyyy out of proportion
Why it's wayyy out of proportion? You really think that behaviour is acceptable?
I’m not saying it’s not. I’m saying it’s relatively normal in football when dealing with players at the very highest level so we should move on from it.
It has become more normal in football because we fans are giving the top players too much power and leeway. Which is really bad for the game and for the clubs imo. Look at our state now after years of such.

Of course we should move on. I didn't say anything like we should bench him or he should feck off because of that. I only said it's wrong, I seriously dislike it and it's not good for the team.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I didn't know all those other things outside of the ball being in the back of the net won games? Did I miss that addition to football?
Look - in all seriousness, if you genuinely disagree that Rooney (18) was a superior player to Ronaldo (soon 37), then it says a great deal about how you understand the game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yes, looks like you missed generation of football.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why it's wayyy out of proportion? You really think that behaviour is acceptable?

It has become more normal in football because we fans are giving the top players too much power and leeway. Which is really bad for the game and for the clubs imo. Look at our state now after years of such.

Of course we should move on. I didn't say anything like we should bench him or he should feck off because of that. I only said it's wrong, I seriously dislike it and it's not good for the team.
It's not ideal but I've seen more or less the same at any level of football. Ronaldo wasn't the first to do that and will surely not be the last one either.
Like I said, ideally we'd have a team of perfect players but it is what it is. It's absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. I've seen it done by all kinda players, from shit one to truly great ones

Nordmore

It's not ideal but I've seen more or less the same at any level of football. Ronaldo wasn't the first to do that and will surely not be the last one either.
Like I said, ideally we'd have a team of perfect players but it is what it is. It's absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. I've seen it done by all kinda players, from shit one to truly great ones
As I said it has become more normal because fans are giving the top players too much power and leeway. Which is really bad for the game and the clubs imo. Look at our state now for example.

If fans would boo anytime a player, regardless of who he is, having that behaviour it would help the club they support alot imo.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
His overall game is very poor and he looks so weak on the ball. You'd never think he's a 6ft plus muscle man. Which is all clearly normal for a 37 year old who has been playing top flight football for 20 odd years. I think it's time to retire at that end of the season, or if he really wants to carry on playing there's always the MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.