5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbs

It seems there is a pact among united players that they will not pass the ball to Ronaldo.

L1nk

Needs to be taken off free kicks, but he was no worse than anyone on the pitch. Absolutely no service all night really

acnumber9

I don't think he should be Starting games. At what point does his all round play became a net negative?
We’ve no other strikers. He shouldn’t have to start every game but our only other striker is on holiday.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
You have to lay it on a plate for him otherwise he doesn't score.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’m guessing because he didn’t score everyone is going to berate him even though he was fine tonight?

Skyhightrees

I’m guessing because he didn’t score everyone is going to berate him even though he was fine tonight?
Exactly, he was among the best, if not the absolute best in UTD today...

What is this thread? Narrative and Bias only?

The guy barely put a foot wrong today, had great touches, was up for it and really sharp. Was fouled in the last play too.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not sure what people expect from him when your attackers are all busy taking shots from 30 feet and the fullbacks are playing tennis with each other with their crosses

It seems there is a pact among united players that they will not pass the ball to Ronaldo.
I know it looks that way but I think it’s more that they know he doesn’t have the pace to make the run and take on the ball in most situations. They really need to find him in lots of space which is hard.

Telsim

Nothing much to say about him when the rest of the team can't get the ball into the final third.

Marcelinho87

Not sure what people expect from him when your attackers are all busy taking shots from 30 feet and the fullbacks are playing tennis with each other with their crosses
Had he spent less time moaning to the linesman at the end he would have been primed to tap in the rebound from lingard.

He's petulant, always has been and it's annoying.

ClassOf'99

Worst part is the fecker is so well maintained he won't get injured no matter how hard you beat him.
What? You want one of out players injured? The state of some of the fans on here, I'm glad you're in a very small minority with that mindset

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The one thing about Ronaldo tonight was, unlike every other player, his touch and movement was no different to usual. Every other player, even Varane who's a World Cup winner and has won numerous Champions Leagues, wet the bed. Ronaldo was the only one who looked something like himself. Who the ball wasn't bouncing off. If everyone else had his mentality for the big nights we would've got more from this match. 10 of 11 starting players shrunk under the spotlight.

MrEleson

Had he spent less time moaning to the linesman at the end he would have been primed to tap in the rebound from lingard.

He would’ve been offside. Oblak didn’t parry it that far away him from him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Exactly, he was among the best, if not the absolute best in UTD today...

What is this thread? Narrative and Bias only?

The guy barely put a foot wrong today, had great touches, was up for it and really sharp. Was fouled in the last play too.
It was a classic isolated striker performance except he came deep and linked up play nicely. I don’t remember him losing the ball much?

KingCavani

Our best forward tonight by a country mile in a game where they mostly isolated and everyone fills the thread to shit on him.

:lol:

Irwin99

Can't fault his effort in the least but the game passes him by too often. A bit better than Rashford and Sancho tonight but still nothing is going for him.

Kag

The free kick situation is utter lunacy. Might as well just kick the bastard straight into the stands.

arnie_ni

That clip shown on BT is madness. We crossed it in 3 times, they had 5 defenders in the box and we only had Ronaldo.

bakalhau

It was a classic isolated striker performance except he came deep and linked up play nicely. I don’t remember him losing the ball much?
Yeah, he didn't. Had 2 passes wrong from what I counted and a myriad of one touch passes that moved the play forward. The goal also pretty much starts with his action which isn't exactly easy, either.

ClassOf'99

I know it looks that way but I think it’s more that they know he doesn’t have the pace to make the run and take on the ball in most situations. They really need to find him in lots of space which is hard.
There are a few situations where he is the right pass, like Maguire just completely ignoring him when he dropped to collect and get us moving.

He makes at least a few decent off the ball runs that we just don't have the capacity to play.

KingCavani

Ridiculous. He only looked close to getting there because he was miles offside. Even if he had sprinted back to get on the other side of the defender he wouldn’t have been in a position to get there.

Skyhightrees

I don't think he even gave it away once, he was starving for the ball... Shocking display from the team the first half.

I think if he has a half chance today he scores, he was the sharpest i've seen him for United

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
People saying he is finished dont know their football. In a functional team he still bangs 25+ goal in the net. Haaland would look like crap in this team as well

Status
Not open for further replies.