Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Can someone (son, teammate, coach, friend, mother, anyone..) tell him that he sucks in free kicks and that he needs to stop shooting them

mckenzie79

OK. Let's revisit this thread in 3 weeks. Some cnuts will want us to fail to prove a point, the other 99% will want us to win.....Ronaldo is key to us winning, which camp are you in?

Someone

Something
Problem with players his age is that every time they go through a dry spell people will say they're finished. He hasn't been great but I think lately he's been working hard on the pitch and I think he can get back in form again. It'd be nice for Cavani to give him some competition but he isn't available anymore.

He should stop taking free kicks though, no excuse for that.

arnie_ni

What did he do well?
Dropped deep and got involved in play, offered at outlet for out midfield who couldn't hit a barn door for 75 minutes, won a few fks, won the big header into Fred at the touchline for the goal.

He was the best of the front 6, without being anything overly special himself mind you.

There are a few situations where he is the right pass, like Maguire just completely ignoring him when he dropped to collect and get us moving.

He makes at least a few decent off the ball runs that we just don't have the capacity to play.
Yeah good points. I fully agree, we can’t exactly say we created any chances for him, the build up play behind him is terrible.

ClassOf'99

What did he do well?
Everything he could? Link up touches, creating space dropping deep, 84% pass accuracy, what did he do wrong?

No service at all tonight, was isolated and was the only player in the AM box for a lot of our crosses. The bais of some "fans"

Ace of Spades

Needs to stop taking free kicks. That was a good angle for Telles, who is very good at set pieces.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The bit where he tells his teammates he's the only player in the box sums up what it's like being a striker at United.

steffyr2

Our best forward tonight by a country mile in a game where they mostly isolated and everyone fills the thread to shit on him.

:lol:
Every time I looked up someone was launching the ball 30 feet over the goal rather than attempting a decent cross/pass. I guess that gives the defenders time to set up, but it's hard to see why this thread is even a thing. Other than the 1 note complainers.

Would be nice if there was someone who could match him that could come in. Even when he was 10 years younger, he couldn't play every minute of every game.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Also those talking about his petulance miss the part that I think his moaning king of influenced the ref a bit in the second half . We were getting nothing in the first half . Also it was a clear push on him at the end so he had every right to moan

Rojow

Him and Messi are both finished.

End of an era.
Messi can create with his awesome playmaking skills. It's not finished without goals. Ronaldo has real problems without goals.

Please, no more freekicks. It's useless.

NewYorkRed

Gotta be off the FKs, especially when they’re close and crucial.

People saying he’s finished after today do NOT know football. You could put peak Pele in that team uptop by himself and he wouldn’t do crap. That’s a fact.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Gotta be off the FKs, especially when they’re close and crucial.

People saying he’s finished after today do NOT know football. You could put peak Pele in that team uptop by himself and he wouldn’t do crap. That’s a fact.
Have you not watched Utd for the past few months? He looks absolutely done at top level football. He might show glimpses of what made him one of the world's best but his best days are OVER

arnie_ni

The bit where he tells his teammates he's the only player in the box sums up what it's like being a striker at United.
That was embarrassing. Do they not look up and see he's out numbered 5 to 1 and realise someone must be open in midfield let's pass it into there and see what else is on

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
People saying he is finished dont know their football. In a functional team he still bangs 25+ goal in the net. Haaland would look like crap in this team as well
I was gonna say the same thing, Haaland would have been just as ineffective in the attacking part of the game tonight.

Josh 76

Problem with players his age is that every time they go through a dry spell people will say they're finished. He hasn't been great but I think lately he's been working hard on the pitch and I think he can get back in form again. It'd be nice for Cavani to give him some competition but he isn't available anymore.

He should stop taking free kicks though, no excuse for that.
Can you give me a few examples of players that reach 37, have a dry spell, then get back to their best ?

PoTMS

Mr. Champions League should only be brought on as a sub if we're losing. Otherwise we're playing with ten men.

arnie_ni

I think he’s done ok these last few games. Puts himself about and links up play fairly well. He’s been a big problem for us for most of the season but much less so recently. His team mates have taken on that role for him.
You talk sense pogue.

bakalhau

Can you give me a few examples of players that reach 37, have a dry spell, then get back to their best ?
He's had a dry spell at 36, 35, 34, 33, and so on. Every season he trounced CL teams he had dry spells in Madrid.

Edit: he's never getting back to his best/peak, obviously.

Someone

Something
How many forward keep playing at that age in the first place? But at the end of the day he could have a bad spell like any other player. Maybe he needs to manage his playing time better, he doesn't need to start every game, but still you can't make a conclusion that he's finished over a bad run.

DickDastardly

Its the same thing with our DM conundrum....

You don't get to see just HOW BADLY do we miss a world class DM until Matić manages to get a good 10 minutes.....and then it just clicks....OH! So that's what it looks like!

Same thing with Ronaldo.

We don't see how badly we miss a proper CF until we get one.

He's done. He will score some more goals no doubt about it, but it's just not what we need.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been better the past few days.

Obviously not the required standard we need, but still better.

Still not sure what happened to him physically this season. He looked much better earlier in the season.

Maybe the utter shock of how bad we are got to him.

kundalini

2 rubbish shots off-target, one of them a free-kick. Apart from that, contributed very little. His lack of pace and strength restricts what he can do at this level.

Jericho

I don’t know if he’s finished, I don’t think so tbh. But hes just so ordinary now.

MrEleson

2 rubbish shots off-target, one of them a free-kick. Apart from that, contributed very little. His lack of pace and strength restricts what he can do at this level.
He was heavily involved in the goal we scored and generally played intelligent, one touch passing. He wasn’t fantastic but it’s hard to stand out in this kind of game as a CF, especially when the whole team was sucking so bad. Not sure what people expect from him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He's had a dry spell at 36, 35, 34, 33, and so on. Every season he trounced CL teams he had dry spells in Madrid.

Edit: he's never getting back to his best/peak, obviously.
Good luck findings another 2 months period in his career when he only scored 1 goal (outside of injuries/summer break)..

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He was heavily involved in the goal we scored and generally played intelligent, one touch passing. He wasn’t fantastic but it’s hard to stand out in this kind of game as a CF, especially when the whole team was sucking so bad. Not sure what people expect from him.
Neh he didn’t score therefore he was awful… seriously though his link up play was actually really good and we were awful as a unit and he was isolated.

arnie_ni

Badly need cavani back to rotate. Preferably this weekend against watford

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I thought he linked up well in the 2nd half but was anonymous in the first. Not his fault as we were abysmal and we barely created anything.

SER19

Not making excuses for a poor game but a highlights reel of our service to the box tonight and most weeks would disgrace the entire club

Dinghy

He's a nothing-player these days. Doesn't matter if you play Atletico Madrid or Burnley, he looks equally shite.

el3mel

Messi's last game. Please leave the Ronaldo vs Messi arguments where it belongs.

You do realize Messi scored 2 goals in French league this season, right? The 19 years old Elanga scored the same number of goals for United in the Premier League this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.