Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
2nd topscorer in the team and not a SINGLE stat pad. Also, shows how much we’ve struggled.

I’m convinced that if he was at City, he’d be competing for the golden boot.

Talk about 2 opposing sets of stats!
The first one can't be right, as for starters 2 of today's 3 weren't match winners, and he also scored 2 against Arsenal.
So straight away, that's 4 of 18 that weren't match winners, so it'd be 78%, if i'm not overlooking another pair of goals somewhere.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Get your facts up. Ronaldo is not a poacher, he's a wide left forward, since 2016. Before that he was a left winger. A poacher is someone like Inzaghi, or Gerd
He clearly plays for us a 9 and not a winger and this was already the case when he made the switch at Real, despite playing from the left. But for the United Ronaldo it's pretty obvious that he isn't really a left forward anymore. And yeah Gerd Müller is actually a great example and comparison for Ronaldo. The peak Ronaldo was mainly a goalscorer, probably the best of all time, no doubt about that, but I don't know why people always take offensive with that.

the_cliff

I criticised him a lot for his recent performances but was brilliant today. That's the Ronaldo we want and love. Absolutely lethal.

Hope he hits a bit of form cos if we want top 4 we need it.

Rojow

He is the best ever again? This is all it takes for us to change opinion? Good for Ronaldo and 3 points. Let see what more he has to offer against Atlético and next EPL game.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yourself included, no doubt. Cristiano Ronaldo mid-March, scores for the second time for the entire year of 2022, yet “is so far ahead of any player at United, it’s not close”. :lol:
Things are no so black and white. Ronaldo at Bayern for example or even PSG is scoring 40 goals a season quite easily. Their are not 5 guys in the world better then him at finishing.

KeanoMagicHat

Things are no so black and white. Ronaldo at Bayern for example or even PSG is scoring 40 goals a season quite easily. Their are not 5 guys in the world better then him at finishing.
Why would Ronaldo score 40 goals in Ligue 1 when Messi has only scored 2? It’s Mbappé’s team so he’d have to play second fiddle as well.

And the only player to score 40 goals a season in the past 40 years in Bundesliga is Lewandowski and he’s nowhere near as good as Lewandowski is at the moment.

Rojow

Yes there are. Lewa, Haaland, Mbappé, Salah and Benzema.

The overreaction for this single game. It is like a thirsty man finding water in the desert.

Deery

Dreary
He is the best ever again? This is all it takes for us to change opinion? Good for Ronaldo and 3 points. Let see what more he has to offer against Atlético and next EPL game.
You almost sound bitter one of our players scored a hat trick :lol:

The Irish Connection

Viva Ronaldoooo!
and he’s been unlucky not to have more for us. in the game before this he hit the post and should have been played in by Bruno for an open goal.

SportingCP96

Supports
I mean that's nice from you. But maybe look at your posts first, because you are literally one of the extreme examples bakalhau is talking about. You are one of the Top5 posters in the Ronaldo vs Messi thread, which is probably the biggest shitshow thread that exists in the Football forum. Everytime Ronaldo is involved your posts turn into fanboyish nonsense with everything just black and white, despite everyone knowing you can actually post a lot of good stuff when he isn't involved.
Also you obviously returned when he scored a hattrick, but were much less involved when he performed bad.

At the end of the day I am happy for him, but I am even more happy for Manchester United getting 3 points. I would be as happy if Sancho would have scored those 3 goals today. Would you? I think we both know the answer.
Ok a couple things.

If you actually look at the Ronaldo V Messi threat I literally post 1x every 4 5 months if that. I barely go their.

Secondly I have been posting in this thread multiple times even when he has games where he didn’t score and the whole thread is having a dig and I was still here. So don’t say I only “showed up” after a hattrick. I have posted many a times before that.

Lastly as bakalhou stated I have echoed it many times.

Is Ronaldo the right fit for United or United the right fit for Ronaldo? No

Is Ronaldo one of the reasons United is bad? Sure because at his age and at this stage in his career it didn’t make sense to go here. It’s a detriment to both him and United.

Is he the MAIN reason United is shit like some here are convinced? Absolutely not and that’s the whole point. He is IMO the least of United’s worries. Their problems stem much deeper.

Is Ronaldo finished? Not even close

Is he in his prime? No

Is he still very good? For his age? Absolutely

Can he still score 30 a season? 1000%

Would he be scoring more in a better team? Yes

So as you can my opinions on the matter share the same sentiment to the post.

My issue is when you having people saying he should be in MLS etc when for example at 37 he still miles ahead of the “star” striker at Spurs.

NewYorkRed

Coincidentally, they’re the best two teams in the sport. I should have caveated my post with ‘the top teams’ of course, but I thought that was implied. I don’t really care who Eintracht Frankfurt or Celta Vigo stick upfront. Chelsea makes 3 (Havertz), Madrid play with Benzema who is about as far as you can get from a classic no.9. Bayern Munich round out the top 5 but Lewandowski is far more than just a classic no.9 (which is what I said in my initial post).

:lol: take a chill pill, dude.
The second post was not solely directed at you to be fair.

Lewa is A)old and B)definitely a classic 9. Chelsea wanted a classic 9 but Lukaku flopped. Pep openly wanted Ronaldo and Kane. Benzema is also a 9, yeah he does more but he is a classic 9 in this Madrid team right now. Atleti, Spanish champions, played with Suarez as a starter.

Most top teams play with a 9. Lots want a 9 but can’t get one. These are just facts.

slored1

I've only seen two games this year and he was insane in both of them. What a performance, rolled back the years.

SportingCP96

Supports
Why would Ronaldo score 40 goals in Ligue 1 when Messi has only scored 2? It’s Mbappé’s team so he’d have to play second fiddle as well.

And the only player to score 40 goals a season in the past 40 years in Bundesliga is Lewandowski and he’s nowhere near as good as Lewandowski is at the moment.
Because Ronaldo would fit into PSG a lot better and because Ronaldo at his age is better then Messi at 34 who is only Now having his first experience in a different team. Look at what Ibra did in PSG. Ronaldo would have a field day in ligue 1.

Lewa is the only player to score 40 in Bundesliga because he’s the only top tier player their. Ronaldo and Messi in their primes wound have shattered that record multiple times. Also the reason he would score 40 goals a season ar Bayern is because even at 37 their is not a handful of players who are better finishers then him. He is the greatest goal scorer the sport has ever seen.

Redlyn

He's missed plenty during our drawing run to be fair.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yes there are. Lewa, Haaland, Mbappé, Salah and Benzema.

The overreaction for this single game. It is like a thirsty man finding water in the desert.
They get more chances does not make them better finishers. If Ronaldo was still at real he would be scoring more then Benzema (he he in my top 5 finishers though) Haaland is also not a better finisher the kid is 21. He’s faster and stronger then Ronaldo because he’s younger and he’s a unit.

When it comes to putting the ball into the net their are few who are better

SportingCP96

Supports
He's missed plenty during our drawing run to be fair.
I agree, players go to through stretches of form but few players in the world can score that first goal he did today.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
People need to cool it down a bit, yes he was briliant today, turned back the clock, but also keep in mind that he has been in bad form for some time now, and its not just down to teammates.

Its about the simple fact that he is getting old and can't do it as consistently anymore, even though he is still briliant on his day.

If United want to get the best out of him is to give him more rest, instead of playing almost every game imo.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What a player he’s been. Some shitty comments in here today. Sad to see. The guys one of the best to ever play the game.

AndyMUFC

That was brilliant. Same again Tuesday please.

No coincidence that it came after a break though. Let's not rewrite history. He's one of the best ever but he's 37 and his game time needs managing because he definitely can't do it every few days anymore. It's whether he's willing to accept that type of role himself that is another issue as well, but I hope he is because he's the only big time player we've got.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
A 37 years old is the reason we are still in the UCL and in the fight for the Top3-4.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Legendary performance but he was a complete passenger in the last few games. I suspect he needs to be used sparingly to get the best out of him.

acnumber9

Can you not just enjoy a legend of the game rolling back the years even if it is temporary?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Pretty clear given the nature of those games.

Ronaldo is an issue. He's one of the highest paid players in the league yet someone we need to replace. Our fans are obsessed with absolving people on account of not being THE issue.
:lol:

Myth:Busted
Myth indeed eh. Funny to see you lot disappear at these performances but quick to make an entrance when he's poor. Not only that, but exaggerate how poor he has been.

It's almost like some United fans enjoy seeing Ronaldo struggle. I'm not calling out anyone who said he has been crap before this game. He has been, but there is a certain segment of our fans that have a dislike and hate for Ronaldo which is so weird. To the point where they get some pleasure from seeing him fail.

Then there are the sort who say his poor performances is the reason the whole team plays bad!

KeanoMagicHat

Myth indeed eh. Funny to see you lot disappear at these performances but quick to make an entrance when he's poor. Not only that, but exaggerate how poor he has been.

It's almost like some United fans enjoy seeing Ronaldo struggle. I'm not calling out anyone who said he has been crap before this game. He has been, but there is a certain segment of our fans that have a dislike and hate for Ronaldo which is so weird. To the point where they get some pleasure from seeing him fail.

Then there are the sort who say his poor performances is the reason the whole team plays bad!
I think the reactions are nearly always in reaction to complete overreactions by ultra fanboys.

When people just throw out statements like ‘Ronaldo would easily score 50 for a better team’ at age 37 despite pretty clear evidence he wouldn’t (he hasn’t scored 50 in a season for anyone since 2016 when he was 31, he hasn’t scored 40 in a season since he was 33), or ‘Ronaldo is clearly our best player’, when he’s been a problem in half of our games etc, it’s just hard not to get involved.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think the reactions are nearly always in reaction to complete overreactions by ultra fanboys.

When people just throw out statements like ‘Ronaldo would easily score 50 for a better team’ at age 37 despite pretty clear evidence he wouldn’t (he hasn’t scored 50 in a season for anyone since 2016 when he was 31, he hasn’t scored 40 in a season since he was 33), or ‘Ronaldo is clearly our best player’, when he’s been a problem in half of our games etc, it’s just hard not to get involved.
How many people have said he'd score 50? He could legit score 40 in the City team though.

jm99

Talk about 2 opposing sets of stats!
The first one can't be right, as for starters 2 of today's 3 weren't match winners, and he also scored 2 against Arsenal.
So straight away, that's 4 of 18 that weren't match winners, so it'd be 78%, if i'm not overlooking another pair of goals somewhere.
I think you've picked it up wrong, the tweeter has phrased it badly, but what he's saying is that Ronaldo's goals have been to go ahead or equalise, or the goal that's ended up being the difference between the two sides. Clumsily phrased but he means that none of his goals have been stat Padders, the 4th and 5th goals in a 5-0 win and the like

SAF is the GOAT

He's probably so pissed that he needs to bail us out every time that our defense feck us over.

He's almost basically the 1 player that pretty much performing - Kept us alive in CL and right now we're in top 4.

LDUred

Things haven't always gone for him this season. He's missed some chances that you would expect him to gobble up, but he has kept persisting. Today he got his rewards and he proved that he's still got it. Perhaps he has been taken by surprise at how hard Premier League 'keepers make you work for your goals, or maybe he has just been rueing his misfortune. It's all part of being a striker, but he's probably not realized until recently how few gimmes are handed out in this league. The low-block stinginess can make genuine chances seem like gold dust.

For a 37-year old, he's as lean as they come and that's testatment to his regimen as an athlete: he's never looked anything less than a Mr Universe in footballing terms. He has lost a bit in terms of pace and balletic touch but his real age in football terms is probably three years younger. Not that that makes his task in the Prem any easier, but he's up for the challenge and today will add more to his legendary status.

Status
Not open for further replies.