Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Conte giving Ronaldo great praise, “if it wasn’t for Ronaldo, United would be not good”, “Him and Lionel Messi, two of the greatest of an era”..

Castia

‘Real teams’ aren’t using classic no.9’s. Let alone 37 year old ones.
Theres about 2 teams in Europe not playing with a 9 and City being one of them have been after a striker for 18 months….

NewYorkRed

Theres about 2 teams in Europe not playing with a 9 and City being one of them have been after a striker for 18 months….
I swear these guys don’t know the actual sport, but just get caught up in fancy terms. “Do you know of that one team that plays with a sweeper keeper with a false 9, hybrid midfielders, inverted center backs and diverted fullbacks?” “No but that sounds bloody fantastic, we should do that too…”

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Imagine being 37, playing in disjointed team while being heavily criticised by some of his own fans, still managed to score 18 goals and being 2nd top scorer in the toughest league in the world.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Coincidentally, they’re the best two teams in the sport. I should have caveated my post with ‘the top teams’ of course, but I thought that was implied. I don’t really care who Eintracht Frankfurt or Celta Vigo stick upfront. Chelsea makes 3 (Havertz), Madrid play with Benzema who is about as far as you can get from a classic no.9. Bayern Munich round out the top 5 but Lewandowski is far more than just a classic no.9 (which is what I said in my initial post).
I swear these guys don’t know the actual sport, but just get caught up in fancy terms. “Do you know of that one team that plays with a sweeper keeper with a false 9, hybrid midfielders, inverted center backs and diverted fullbacks?” “No but that sounds bloody fantastic, we should do that too…”
:lol: take a chill pill, dude.

SER19

More combined goals and assists than jota, mane and kane this season

Yagami

Good post resistant
It will be a travesty if he doesn't win anything here again. G'wan, win us the CL, Ronnie.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
To be fair he probably meant the "poacher" type of striker, who is really rare at top teams these days. And yeah Ronaldo is that kind of player. Lewandowski has been mentioned for example and actually is a bad example. He is a very complete striker and would be a great fit for City but also obviously Bayern. Ronaldo wouldn't be. But yeah let's end this debate already here either way. Because the whole thing "He would score 100 goals here and there" can't be proven from either side, so it's a bit pointless.
The whole "Put a striker into a better team and he scores more" thing doesn't work out though all the time. We have several cases where strikers actually fared better when they are the focal point of a worse team.

People bringing up the whole service and bad team thing all the time don't know what they are talking about either way. Ronaldo is one of the players with the most chances and shots in the league. Today also proving that he is getting indeed enough service for a hattrick, isn't he? Let's be honest, he was just much much better today then he was in a lot of games before.

Also for everyone now bringing up stats and rewriting the season as "He was actually never that bad". He scored all of his goals in 8 games. 7 out of those in 3 games. Massive match-winning performances, no doubt about that. But he also didn't score in the other 16 games he played. This just further hammers the point home that he maybe shouldn't start every game and we keep him fresh for those big performances. He can still deliver those, but this season so far showed he can't play like that every week. Maybe he awakened today and will prove me wrong and all of you right, but probably not. I would love to see him scoring those goals for fun now too. But please stop mentioning then that we are that bad of a team that he can't score because nothing has changed from that point and you can't have it both ways.

OleksUsykUD

I think it's more to use him at the right position and in the right part of the pitch, and also the players to know how to use his strength, as the guy even at 37 is pure magic.

MrEleson

Coincidentally, they’re the best two teams in the sport. I should have caveated my post with ‘the top teams’ of course, but I thought that was implied. I don’t really care who Eintracht Frankfurt or Celta Vigo stick upfront. Chelsea makes 3 (Havertz), Madrid play with Benzema who is about as far as you can get from a classic no.9. Bayern Munich round out the top 5 but Lewandowski is far more than just a classic no.9 (which is what I said in my initial post).

:lol: take a chill pill, dude.
Benzema and Lewandowski aren’t classic #9s in the sense that they don’t only poach goals but they’re very much #9s!

Longshanks

Incredible today, truly incredible. Can he find his best form for the end of the season? There is hope if he can.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Been majorly down on him and wanted a younger player but that’s the best centre forward performance we’ve had here post Fergie. Those were the kind of chances he was missing in the easier games. Hopefully this is the start of a good run for him including the CL. Rotate him and Cavani game or two on and off we could still do ok. Really happy with the lads there today. Just a gutsy scrap for second and third balls and Ronaldo doing Ronadlo things.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
‘Real teams’ aren’t using classic no.9’s. Let alone 37 year old ones.
Once again my point is proven that their are many posters on here who know feck all.

Bayern, Real, Juve, Dortmund, they must be using fairies as strikers.

Also that 37 year old Ronaldo is so far ahead any player at United, it’s not close. Yet somehow he’s the “problem”.

SportingCP96

Supports
Incredible today, truly incredible. Can he find his best form for the end of the season? There is hope if he can.
Best time for this to happen with the atlético game being next! Hopefully we see a vintage Ronaldo performance.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah and I mean, my first post here tonight at least tries to be level headed on that. A game like this doesn't change the overall course of the season. I'm not going to pretend he didn't have a bad spell lately. I just don't think, overall, he's been as terrible as people make it out to be, either. But you know, people are specially reactionary with him, to the positives and negatives.
I agree with this 100%

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Once again my point is proven that their are many posters on here who know feck all.

Bayern, Real, Juve, Dortmund, they must be using fairies as strikers.

Also that 37 year old Ronaldo is so far ahead any player at United, it’s not close. Yet somehow he’s the “problem”.
Yourself included, no doubt. Cristiano Ronaldo mid-March, scores for the second time for the entire year of 2022, yet “is so far ahead of any player at United, it’s not close”. :lol:

Skyhightrees

To be fair he probably meant the "poacher" type of striker, who is really rare at top teams these days. And yeah Ronaldo is that kind of player. Lewandowski has been mentioned for example and actually is a bad example. He is a very complete striker and would be a great fit for City but also obviously Bayern. Ronaldo wouldn't be. But yeah let's end this debate already here either way. Because the whole thing "He would score 100 goals here and there" can't be proven from either side, so it's a bit pointless.
The whole "Put a striker into a better team and he scores more" thing doesn't work out though all the time. We have several cases where strikers actually fared better when they are the focal point of a worse team.

People bringing up the whole service and bad team thing all the time don't know what they are talking about either way. Ronaldo is one of the players with the most chances and shots in the league. Today also proving that he is getting indeed enough service for a hattrick, isn't he? Let's be honest, he was just much much better today then he was in a lot of games before.

Also for everyone now bringing up stats and rewriting the season as "He was actually never that bad". He scored all of his goals in 8 games. 7 out of those in 3 games. Massive match-winning performances, no doubt about that. But he also didn't score in the other 16 games he played. This just further hammers the point home that he maybe shouldn't start every game and we keep him fresh for those big performances. He can still deliver those, but this season so far showed he can't play like that every week. Maybe he awakened today and will prove me wrong and all of you right, but probably not. I would love to see him scoring those goals for fun now too. But please stop mentioning then that we are that bad of a team that he can't score because nothing has changed from that point and you can't have it both ways.
Get your facts up. Ronaldo is not a poacher, he's a wide left forward, since 2016. Before that he was a left winger. A poacher is someone like Inzaghi, or Gerd

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He hasnt been clinical lately, and its great to see him at his best. A fantastic all round performance. Hope he carries this form in the coming weeks, because we need him at his best.

No point trying to analyse a player like him. It's obvious his legs are going quickly now and more and more games he will be anonymous, but every now and then it will click like it did tonight, and we just have to enjoy it because there will never be another like him in our lifetimes.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Great game for him I just hope he saved some of this for the game against Atlético, with performances like this he can make the team through the next round. So good win and might lift the morale of the team for the UCL game.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I agree with this 100%
I mean that's nice from you. But maybe look at your posts first, because you are literally one of the extreme examples bakalhau is talking about. You are one of the Top5 posters in the Ronaldo vs Messi thread, which is probably the biggest shitshow thread that exists in the Football forum. Everytime Ronaldo is involved your posts turn into fanboyish nonsense with everything just black and white, despite everyone knowing you can actually post a lot of good stuff when he isn't involved.
Also you obviously returned when he scored a hattrick, but were much less involved when he performed bad.

At the end of the day I am happy for him, but I am even more happy for Manchester United getting 3 points. I would be as happy if Sancho would have scored those 3 goals today. Would you? I think we both know the answer.

Braun_wight

What an epic performance by the GOAT, if it wasn't for him we'd have no chance of getting in the top 4. We still have a chance thanks to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.