5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

The hyperbole starting with people acting he's been playing like this the whole season.

Castia

All the things wrong with this team/club and people have been blaming Ronaldo…

Ondrej

Can someone please tell me again how exactly is Ronaldo finished? Thanks.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is what a weeks rest can do. This is why I have been so frustrated with how we've used him.

He is 37. He can still be lethal but compare him to other older player who played till long -- Giggs, Ibra etc. They did not play every minute of every game.

We just need to rest him when we can. He simply can't play more than 90 mins a week -- max 120. Keep him rested and fresh and we have a good chance to get either top4 or go far in Champions league.

Goat.
The question is whether that's just how we used him or if that's how he actually expects to be used.

If he was happy to be used as a squad player then there's no issue, we just sign a first choice CF and use Ronaldo as and when. But if he expects to be starting nearly every week at 37 years old....

NewYorkRed

The hyperbole starting with people acting he's been playing like this the whole season.
He’s not been this great all year obviously, but he has not been nearly, nearly as bad as some on here keep saying. Its a dysfunctional side and he’s kept our season in the CL and PL aflot so I would shut up about him being the problem.

YooNow

Sell Ronaldo

Ronaldo is the problem

Ronaldo is finished

He is too old

Too many times I have seen ridiculous shit get posted here. Hopefully Ronaldo continues this form for Atletico Madrid.

Castia

He hasn’t but he’s been far from our worst player. In a season full of shit he’s been one of the better players.

Red_Aaron

This is what we thought we were buying. Neat and tidy out of range, absolutely devastating within it

Hopefully he's got his pecker up for the run in, could really make all the difference

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
World class performance and hattrick.

Clueless haters can go feck themselves.

Castia

Needed the brake he played 3 games in 7 days the week before, he shouldn’t be doing that at 37. We need to use him wisely.

jesperjaap

Scores a goal gets sarcastic "he's finished", doesnt score a goal "he's finished"

He has obviously regressed and has had a poor 4/5 weeks, but give him chances he still scores goals.

Personally unless he wants to go this summer, I would keep him. As lets face it, Cavanis, off, Greenwoods career could be over, Martial has had his chance, Rashford istn a striker anyway but has been poor for some time. If ROnaldo goes, realistically we need to sign two strikers this summer, no way we can afford to do that with any quality and fill other areas we need to sign too

Get In Scholesy

This is the set up he needs, most activity and touches around the box where he is most clinical.
Keep him in this role and we will get goals, enough of him dropping deep too often, he’s 37, utilize him in the most efficient way possible for himself and the team.

The link up with Sancho is essential, he wasn’t getting any of that with Rashford on the wings.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Interesting that he looked good without Bruno today — they both occupy the same sort of spaces, and both demand the ball a lot, and I think both will look better without the other in the side.

finneh

The fact that several games not at his best meant that pretty much everyone believed he was finished exemplifies exactly why he's so incredible (as he's pretty much never been out of form before).

Still our best player by a distance.

El Jefe

Amazing today.

I've been vocal in saying he was finished, a few more performances like this and I will gladly eat humble pie.

Please Ronny more of the same against Atletico.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Interesting that he looked good without Bruno today — they both occupy the same sort of spaces, and both demand the ball a lot, and I think both will look better without the other in the side.
I don’t think Ronaldo is great on the ball regularly tbh. He’s at his best on the end of play.

KeanoMagicHat

Yeah the revisionism is already in full flow, all you can say is brilliant performance and let’s hope it continues, but it doesn’t change the last few months.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The question is whether that's just how we used him or if that's how he actually expects to be used.

If he was happy to be used as a squad player then there's no issue, we just sign a first choice CF and use Ronaldo as and when. But if he expects to be starting nearly every week at 37 years old....
I don't know or care what he expects as harsh as that sounds. Ragnick is the manage and it is beneficial for no one for him to run himself into the ground.

Rangnick should be clear with him, he is a starter and a key player but he can't start every game. He gets tired and we need him at full force. Many games I'll see ralf playing him on till 90 mins for no reason at all. It's needless. What's better playing 5 games with no energy or 3 games with full burst Ronaldo energy.

Kopral Jono

10/10 today. Like I said time and again, use Ronaldo wisely and he can still contribute massively. He's far from done.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
His best game by a distance even dispite the goals

We need him firing on all cylinders until end of season and then still think it best we part ways in the summer

L1nk

The fact that several games not at his best meant that pretty much everyone believed he was finished exemplifies exactly why he's so incredible (as he's pretty much never been out of form before).

Still our best player by a distance.
About as much as it exemplifies how OTT this forum is when it comes to well... everything

SER19

18 in 31 during this shocking season is a good return. He's part of the bad stuff of course but my god he'd score 50 at City. The quality around him is so poor at times.

The United

Pass to him in the final third and he will score some. Strikers do that a lot.

The issue we have had lately and this season has been the greediness or bad decision making inside the box mostly. Which happened too often in far too early stages of the game. After that, we lose confidence to score.

Just be simple to get the first goal and do whatever later.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Still one of the top 5 finishers in the world. Those goals today proved that.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He's had bad games like any striker will. The reaction on here hasn't been that he's had bad games but that's he is finished. Just admit it when you're wrong instead of clinging on to something

Status
Not open for further replies.