Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Second top scorer in the Prem.

18 in 31 games in total….not bad in a struggling side for a player who’s ‘finished’

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
18 in 31 during this shocking season is a good return. He's part of the bad stuff of course but my god he'd score 50 at City. The quality around him is so poor at times.
This is what I hav echoed. In a real team he’s scoring 40 goals minimum easy.

redshaw

It's clear he was overworked and players around him not putting the in the required work all in sulk mode. It was much better today from the players and while Rashford wasn't great he did do well enough to close people down. We've made so many games such hard work when they don't have to be if the players work for each other. Ronaldo is a super striker that a good team would be able to utilize and keep fresh and not grind him to down to nothing.

Perhaps this can be a turning point for the team but it's probably too late.

MDFC Manager

The question is whether that's just how we used him or if that's how he actually expects to be used.

If he was happy to be used as a squad player then there's no issue, we just sign a first choice CF and use Ronaldo as and when. But if he expects to be starting nearly every week at 37 years old....
I think it's a bit of both. I mean, he'd likely be happy to play a game every week/10 days if the team wasn't shit when he's not playing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All those shimmering drones who said he's finished need to be embarrassed.

KeanoMagicHat

18 in 31 during this shocking season is a good return. He's part of the bad stuff of course but my god he'd score 50 at City. The quality around him is so poor at times.
He really wouldn’t score more goals at City. City spread the goals out and wouldn’t carry him, give him half as many minutes. They beat us 4-1 last week because their front 5 are all essentially fluid number 10/winger hybrids. He wouldn’t fit in there at all and Pep would have given up on him after the past few months.

He is far better suited to here despite everything, individuals dominate at United.

Someone

Something
Think it's clear at this point that he can't play every game. We're in a very demanding league and are still in the CL, and before this break he was starting every game, even doing extra time. He still has a lot to offer but he needs to manage his playing time better. He's clearly not finished, but he needs to be smart.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Somehow now second top scorer in the league. Best game since he returned by a mile. Was playing with real determination to score.

MrEleson

2nd topscorer in the team and not a SINGLE stat pad. Also, shows how much we’ve struggled.

I’m convinced that if he was at City, he’d be competing for the golden boot.

Ludens the Red

Ridiculous performance that. Worked his arse off too. Moved it a lot quicker today too when he got it which stops it getting knicked off him all the time. He’s going to have some stinkers but he’s 37 and we’re fecking shite but he’s the only one in our squad capable of producing that.

MrEleson

He really wouldn’t score more goals at City. City spread the goals out and wouldn’t carry him, give him half as many minutes. They beat us 4-1 last week because their front 5 are all essentially fluid number 10/winger hybrids. He wouldn’t fit in there at all and Pep would have given up on him after the past few months.

He is far better suited to here despite everything, individuals dominate at United.
He’d definitely score more at City. Mahrez has 21 goals this season.

bakalhau

The keeper save before the header was exception. Curling outside foot toe poke. Lethal.
Yeah that shot was amazing. The one before which the keeper also saves goes in as well, right into the corner if the keeper doesn't stop it.

Irwin99

Just two more needed (I think) to join the Premier leagues 100 goals club :drool:

Absolutely fantastic today. We really need him to play like this if we have any chance of top 4 because it ain't happening otherwise.

LoneStar

Rewinded the clock and showed everyone why he is the GOAT. That was the best performance I’ve seen from him this season. Goes to show he can still have an impact if his gametime is managed correctly.

Not sure if it was a confidence thing, but he came alive after the first goal (what a goal that was too!). I honestly thought he was done, but this was a great show from him.

Deery

Dreary
A lot of apologies need handed out tonight, to the greatest goal scorer of all time..

BorisManUtd

So we lost 4-1 vs City without Ronaldo and beat Tottenham 3-2 now with him scoring all 3 goals. At least now it's clear it's not him. That was clear even back in August, Ronaldo wasn't there but our problems showed already back then.

SER19

They do because they don't have him. If they did, as guardiola wanted, they would absolutely set up to put things on a plate for him

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Great performance from him today. That screamer from outside of the box, his header, shades of his best days here. Hope we can see more performances like today.
Also kind of "proving" the "haters" right that a break and using him less common might actually be a good thing ;)

Still a bit laughable to see some of his fans here. Come on guys, you are accusing people of going hiding now when you did the same in the last few weeks where he has been bad. You went on record several times that our team is bad and doesn't deliver chances for him (which is wrong based on stats) and now all of a sudden our team is good enough to deliver him a hattrick? So what is it now?
Maybe but only maybe Ronaldo has been pretty bad in 2022 and maybe but only maybe he has been great today and much better than his average usual performance in the league. As a united fan I am happy and I hope we see more of that, but let's not rewrite history, some stuff here is just pure nonsense.

acnumber9

Keano waxing lyrical about him. Saying he looked 'angry' today
He was right too. He had a focus today that’s been missing. That was vintage Ronaldo and despite our troubles, I have still loved seeing him back. A couple of my friends travelled over for the game tonight and I am insanely jealous they got to see the greatest do his thing one last time.

Glorio

Let's not pretend he hasn't stunk the place up prior to today, but today was vintage Ronaldo. Even during the build up, I don't remember him giving the ball away ONCE! He was absolutely sensational today, give and goes with Sancho and Fred, competing, searching for space, and being an ice cold assassin in front of goal!

Let's see more of this version please, and perhaps the key is resting him for some games - if he'll accept. He was physically on the top of his game today and it showed.

RORY65

His best performance of the season today, fantastic all round and capped off with a brilliant hat trick.

bakalhau

Yeah the revisionism is already in full flow, all you can say is brilliant performance and let’s hope it continues, but it doesn’t change the last few months.
Yeah and I mean, my first post here tonight at least tries to be level headed on that. A game like this doesn't change the overall course of the season. I'm not going to pretend he didn't have a bad spell lately. I just don't think, overall, he's been as terrible as people make it out to be, either. But you know, people are specially reactionary with him, to the positives and negatives.

NewYorkRed

This is better than hattrick vs Newcastle back in a day.

Cristiano f*ckin Ronaldo.
Was at an asian place out at dinner with the fam eating some lo mein when he scored 3 against them way back when. Remember it like yesterday haha.

Paul_Scholes18

Hope he can step up in CL. With this Ronaldo we can challenge potentially if we improve the defending and drop Maguire.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think I felt a couple of games back that he was getting into the right places and the goals would come soon. For a player like him you have to look at the process rather than just the outcomes. It’s obvious that there’s a lot of things that he can’t do now but if he continually keeps getting into the right slots then goals are a matter of time

Status
Not open for further replies.