Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BerryBerryShrew

It that what I said?

I gave examples of times were he has shown charity and compassion to others which indicates him not being an awful human being.
Just for the record, in light of what you just said, what is your opinion of Sir Jimmy Savile?

Deery

Dreary
I find it funny that it’s the same old faces that take exception to charity that are in here everyday throwing out the insults.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I find it funny that it’s the same old faces that take exception to charity that are in here everyday throwing out the insults.
Who insulted someone and who is taking exception to charity?

Deery

Dreary
Who insulted someone and who is taking exception to charity?
Weirdo’s, fanboy’s, dick riders, questioning your mental health, quite insulting to say the least, but sure it’s my spelling that has been highlighted.

JPRouve

Scout
Weirdo’s, fanboy’s, dick riders, questioning your mental health, quite insulting to say the least, but sure it’s my spelling that has been highlighted.
I see. You went three pages ago instead of addressing points made in the last one.

Deery

Dreary
I see. You went three pages ago instead of addressing points made in the last one.
I already said there is no point as you seem to think an organisation set up to protect children would install a morally corrupt person as an ambassador.

Lightbringer

Ronaldo did not only smash a phone out of a autistic childs hand, he bruised him by doing so which makes it assault. I dont think Ronaldo wanted to hurt anyone, but he is still responsible.

If Ronaldo felt the needs to destroy someones property for filming him - he should have made sure that he did not hurt anyone in the process. Ronaldo could have snapped the phone and jumped on it, it would have sent the same message but Ronaldo would not be facing accusations of assault!

The lesson here, if you are going to take actions against fans, make sure nobody gets physically injured!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/new...86.1094972648.1649576630-885524849.1649576630

phelans shorts

I’d like to point out here I was questioning why you were so angry not questioning your mental health. More of a calm down was intended, I apologise if that wasn’t clear
I already said there is no point as you seem to think an organisation sit up to protect children would install a morally corrupt person as an ambassador.
They and others have done in the past, this is what has been repeatedly pointed out. It’s impossible for them to know what somebody gets up to behind closed doors, hence why you can’t take charity work/ambassador roles as a sign that somebody isn’t a bad person as has been repeatedly stated.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You seem to just throw words around without first comprehending the posts you read.

JPRouve

Scout
I already said there is no point as you seem to think an organisation set up to protect children would install a morally corrupt person as an ambassador.
Do you think that Unicef or any charity are omniscient? You are using the logic that if someone is associated with something that is meant to be good then that person is necessarily good. I'm genuinely amazed by how naive and out of touch with reality that logic is because you don't even have to go further than Unicef to know that it's wrong.

And to be clear I didn't tell you that Ronaldo was morally corrupt, I simply told that you his association with Unicef tells you nothing.

Deery

Dreary
Do you think that Unicef or any charity are omniscient? You are using the logic that if someone is associated with something that is meant to be good then that person is necessarily good. I'm genuinely amazed by how naive and out of touch with reality that logic is because you don't even have to go further than Unicef to know that it's wrong.

And to be clear I didn't tell you that Ronaldo was morally corrupt, I simply told that you his association with Unicef tells you nothing.
You’re right down with all the charities.

Marwood

Now that we have seen what a season would be with Ronaldo -

I'd have loved to see this one season without Ronaldo.

It might have not worked to any degree - but neither did it with him either.
You'd have loved it without Ronaldo?

What in this Ronaldo free team is so exciting? What's the alternative that's so appealing for you to love the idea?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Maybe we can keep this thread on his performances and not about the phone incident.

Devil81

As much as I love him we need a younger more dynamic forward.

It was nice having him back but we should one hundred percent be looking at moving him on in the summer, last thing we need is another season of his tantrums and demands to play every match and minute.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Hypothetical question - how would Ronaldo have done at City this year? In the summer, all the drama was that allegedly it was a "done deal" for him to go there, until SAF personally had words and changed his mind.

If Ronaldo had joined City instead of United, how would his/their season have panned out?

SirAF

Ageist
Hypothetical question - how would Ronaldo have done at City this year? In the summer, all the drama was that allegedly it was a "done deal" for him to go there, until SAF personally had words and changed his mind.

If Ronaldo had joined City instead of United, how would his/their season have panned out?
He would have been close to being top scorer and, most likely, be on his way to another league title.

JPRouve

Scout

City are a strange environment for strikers. On one hand they feed their strikers with tap ins and on the other their strikers need to be mobile and contribute actively to their possession game. Ronaldo would fit the first part because his movement and anticipation in the box are great but I feel that they would be a lesser possession team because he is a bit too direct.

phelans shorts

City are a strange environment for strikers. On one hand they feed their strikers with tap ins and on the other their strikers need to be mobile and contribute actively to their possession game. Ronaldo would fit the first part because his movement and anticipation in the box are great but I feel that they would be a lesser possession team because he is a bit too direct.
I doubt the latter would matter as he would only get 20 minutes.

Deery

Dreary
Almost every single human being that has ever lived has at some point shown compassion to others - including genocidal maniacs. Just saying. The point being that doing so alone doesn't make you a good person if you are doing bad things as well. It's always on a scale.

For what it's worth: Whether I consider Ronaldo a good person or not is almost completely contingent on what happened with that woman in America. I don't know the facts, so my opinion on Ronaldo's 'goodness' is inconclusive.
So now we are grouping Ronaldo with genocidal maniacs as well, what’s next serial killers?
Because you can't.
Can’t what? Can’t say Jimmy Saville is a piece of shit that deserves to burn in hell, I don’t even like mentioning scum like that never mind bringing it up on a football thread. So whatever you’re implying you can stop now..

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Who cares? We dont know and wont know. He has one of the worst XG in the league.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

He would have scored a lot of goals, he would have had to deal with being rotated an awful lot more, he would currently be challenging for a league title, there would be serious debate among City fans about whether he is worth the negative impact on their general play, they would probably be looking to sign a new CF this summer.

Bobski

He shouldn't start another game this season, maybe a cameo in the last game before he hopefully moves on in the Summer. If RR has any balls he won't be using the likes of Ronaldo/Cavani/Lingard/Pogba/Mata again this season.

Castia

Ronaldo did not only smash a phone out of a autistic childs hand, he bruised him by doing so which makes it assault. I dont think Ronaldo wanted to hurt anyone, but he is still responsible.

If Ronaldo felt the needs to destroy someones property for filming him - he should have made sure that he did not hurt anyone in the process. Ronaldo could have snapped the phone and jumped on it, it would have sent the same message but Ronaldo would not be facing accusations of assault!

The lesson here, if you are going to take actions against fans, make sure nobody gets physically injured!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/new...86.1094972648.1649576630-885524849.1649576630
Mother claimed her son was assaulted. Got the pictures out online asap didn’t she :lol:

£££

Ronaldo’s fault for getting himself in that position and now he’s gonna get fleeced

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ronaldo is a lot like my 2 year old son on an emotional level. He also throw his toys around when he's mad or when I beat him at absolutely every sport imaginable (he's shit at all of em).

Castia

He shouldn't start another game this season, maybe a cameo in the last game before he hopefully moves on in the Summer. If RR has any balls he won't be using the likes of Ronaldo/Cavani/Lingard/Pogba/Mata again this season.
Not sure how Ronaldo gets thrown into the same list as Mata and Lingard? It’s been a shocking season but Ronaldo has been one of our better players throughout.

Matt851

People acting like a 37 year old man slapping a phone out of a child's hand because he was angry that he'd lost a game of football is "not a big deal" would 100% not be nearly so accommodating had it been Harry Maguire or in fact pretty much any of our other players who had done this...
Exactly, I cant think of any instances of other players doing something similar but you can be sure they wouldn't be so forgiving if it was a Liverpool player. Unfortunately it's all inline with his generally childish and stroppy behaviour on the pitch. Not exactly what you want from the teams most high profile senior player

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Can’t find it in myself to give a shit about the smashed phone. The Jimmy Saville/Mother Theresa detour was fun though.

Anyway. Ronaldo. What a fecking terrible signing. One of the worst of the Ole era. Probably the worst?
Still think Maguire was a worse signing, personally. For as shite as he's been, Ronaldo is likely to leave in the summer.

choccy77

We are 7th in the league and were out of all competition in March. We made him our number one player and paid him £500k a week. What part of the idea was successful for the team?
Seriously, do you not think if he was playing for City he wouldn't be scoring for fun?

If no one gives him the ball and he is playing with below average players, every week, how do you expect him to do better.

Even at his worst, he is still dangerous if given real opportunities

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Seriously, do you not think if he was playing for City he wouldn't be scoring for fun?

If no one gives him the ball and he is playing with below average players, every week, how do you expect him to do better.

Even at his worst, he is still dangerous if given real opportunities

He got pocketed by Michel Keane yesterday.

What danger are we talking about?

Furthermore, City have very mobile players, it's not like 90% of City's goals are tap-ins or something.
He would have to be more mobile for Pep to be enchanted by him, otherwise Pep would tell him to feck off, and if some manager can do that it's Pep who told Ibrahimovic (who has a massive ego too) to feck off.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
He got pocketed by Michel Keane yesterday.

What danger are we talking about?

Furthermore, City have very mobile players, it's not like 90% of City's goals are tap-ins or something.
He would have to be more mobile for Pep to be enchanted by him, otherwise Pep would tell him to feck off, and if some manager can do that it's Pep who told Ibrahimovic (who has a massive ego too) to feck off.
Ibrahimovic at Barca is actually a good comparison imo. Ronaldo at City would be a older version of that scenario. Start a few games in the beginning because he is Ronaldo, score some goals, then getting dropped because the team plays better without him and then leaving in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.