Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
There we go. I'm not a celebrity who publicly donates to charity, so to you I've done nothing worthwhile. I hope one day you learn to expand your mind.
I hope one day you don’t resort to whataboutism to devalue a ton of charity work.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
“I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair-play and sportsmanship.”

Has anyone got any stories of a worse prize they’ve won?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Christ, this forum has hit a new almighty low.

Cristiano Ronaldo being compared with Jimmy Saville.
He wasn’t compared with Jimmy Saville. Jimmy Saville was used as an example of how poor charity work is as an indicator of a person’s morality. People are so touchy about Ronaldo.

Deery

Dreary
Just saying it’s stupid to use charity work as a marker of a good person. That’s not what people are judged on, it doesn’t have any relevance in this thread, much like Jimmy Saville…the tangent was created by you.
It has plenty of relevance in this thread comparing C Ronaldo to a notorious pedofile, as a whataboutism to devalue his character is peak Ronaldo hate.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He wasn’t compared with Jimmy Saville. Jimmy Saville was used as an example of how poor charity work is as an indicator of a person’s morality. People are so touchy about Ronaldo.
As a third party who has been reading the last couple of pages, this was my exact thoughts as I was reading it :lol:

Deery

Dreary
As a third party who has been reading the last couple of pages, this was my exact thoughts as I was reading it :lol:
Yeah because bringing up the most notorious pedofile in British history wouldn’t be emotive? The mind boggles..

mu4c_20le

It was more a point about not being so naive as to think charity work makes someone a Saint. I would've thought by now people wouldn't be stupid enough to do that whole cult of celebrity worshipping thing, as we've all see how dangerous it can be. But I guess there are still plenty of stupid people around who enjoy being sheep.
I agree that charity work doesn't guarantee someone is a good person, but people are acting like he lunged at the kid and smacked him in the face. He lost his cool a little bit, and it doesn't mean that all the time money and effort he's put into charity is suddenly fake or irrelevant.

People moan when our players smile and joke after a bad result, and now when they show a little emotion and passion they are up in arms as if he killed someone.

Deery

Dreary
Does anyone really think Ronaldo isn’t going to present the kid with the newest phone on the market as soon as he arrives at Old Trafford, probably the only and most convenient place to meet?

mu4c_20le

Someone posted the video, two people said it was a non story, and some people got really riled up. So yeah, people are pretty touchy when it comes to Ronaldo for some reason ;)

phelans shorts

It has plenty of relevance in this thread comparing C Ronaldo to a notorious pedofile, as a whataboutism to devalue his character is peak Ronaldo hate.
Literally, you are the only person making this a comparison. The point was clearly that charity work doesn’t equate to being a good person, as you suggested. and anyway, it’s not like there’s some very serious allegations about Ronaldo himself predating this charity work…

Brwned

It’s not devaluing his character, though. I didn’t say Ronaldo is like Jimmy Saville. I didn’t say Ronaldo is a bad person. The touchiness about Ronaldo is what led you to interpret it that way, but it’s a misinterpretation, as @Hernandez - BFA could see quite plainly…

I just said charity work does not make you a good person, that’s not what defines someone’s moral character, other things do. Jimmy Saville is one of many, many examples of bad people doing lots of charity work. It just isn’t a good indicator of whether someone is a good person. Unfortunately.

It’s wild!

Deery

Dreary
Literally, you are the only person making this a comparison. The point was clearly that charity work doesn’t equate to being a good person, as you suggested. and anyway, it’s not like there’s some very serious allegations about Ronaldo himself predating this charity work…
So you are suggesting that someone that has spent years donating to various charities, giving up his time to help children with leukaemia, been recognised as a UNICEF ambassador worldwide, holds on weight in a random internet posters option that he is an awful human being?

ForeverRed1

it doesn’t matter if he’s a nice person or not, all that counts is what he does on the pitch. Stop defending him like he’s your brother or he gives a shite, he doesn’t. He sits in his mansion eating the finest foods and and sleeps just fine I’m sure. Probably sits on his phone laughing at the headlines. The only people who truely know him are the ones close to him. And they all say he’s a great guy. That’s what really matters and he knows it. That’s why he doesn’t give a shite.

He is worth £ 380,000,000, he could give you a million quid tomorrow and earn it back in a single Instagram post the same day. With interest. Is it really a massive shock he gives to charities? It’s small fry to him.

All that matters is he performs on the pitch. Stop dick riding footballers, there not gods off the pitch only on it. All that matters is what they do for you in a game. The rest is hearsay and talk.

Deery

Dreary
It’s not devaluing his character, though. I didn’t say Ronaldo is like Jimmy Saville. I didn’t say Ronaldo is a bad person. The touchiness about Ronaldo is what led you to interpret it that way, but it’s a misinterpretation, as @Hernandez - BFA could see quite plainly…

I just said charity work does not make you a good person, that’s not what defines someone’s moral character, other things do. Jimmy Saville is one of many, many examples of bad people doing lots of charity work. It just isn’t a good indicator of whether someone is a good person. Unfortunately.

It’s wild!
So is being a UNICEF ambassador good enough for you?

I just cannot fathom why anyone would even bring up Jimmy Saville, did it not enter you head that, naw this is a bit fecked up when you posted that?

phelans shorts

So you are suggesting that someone that has spent years donating to various charities, giving up his time to help children with leukaemia, been recognised as a UNICEF ambassador worldwide, holds on weight in a random internet posters option that he is an awful human being?
Are you ok? I have absolutely no idea why you’re in such a tizzy. Charity work is totally irrelevant to how good a person you are. You’ve been given a major example to prove that and gone off the deep end and decided to quote more (totally irrelevant) charity stuff.

Deery

Dreary
it doesn’t matter if he’s a nice person or not, all that counts is what he does on the pitch. Stop defending him like he’s your brother or he gives a shite, he doesn’t. He sits in his mansion eating the finest foods and and sleeps just fine I’m sure. Probably sits on his phone laughing at the headlines. The only people who truely know him are the ones close to him. And they all say he’s a great guy. That’s what really matters and he knows it. That’s why he doesn’t give a shite.

He is worth £ 380,000,000, he could give you a million quid tomorrow and earn it back in a single Instagram post the same day. With interest. Is it really a massive shock he gives to charities? It’s small fry to him.

All that matters is he performs on the pitch. Stop dick riding footballers, there not gods off the pitch only on it. All that matters is what they do for you in a game. The rest is hearsay and talk.
So again in his thread Ronaldo haters have resorted to bringing up a notorious pedofile and homophobism, but it somehow his fans that are the problem. Keep letting yourselves down guys..

Brwned

So is being a UNICEF ambassador good enough for you?

I just cannot fathom why anyone would even bring up Jimmy Saville, did it not enter you head that, naw this is a bit fecked up when you posted that?
You don’t get it. No bother. Let’s move on.

mu4c_20le

And you just proved that the point wasn't just about charity work by attempting to be clever.

jm99

Was a disastrous signing, and obviously stupid at the time. He’d just spent 3 years making Juventus worse. Used to be a great player though, to be fair to him.

I think the best money you could spend this summer is paying him off and taking hits on Harry and AWB.
This. Look how much better juventus are without him this year. Top of the league and breezes past Villarreal to make the quarter finals.

Oh no wait, they'd have to win every single game left in the league to have the same points they finished with last season, that's despite them having a good manager this year instead of pirlo and got embarrassed 3-0 at home to villareal

phelans shorts

And you just proved that the point wasn't just about charity work by attempting to be clever.
I have my own opinions and came into this later, which doesn’t change that quoting charity statistics are irrelevant. But you’re right, I can’t stand the guy and didn’t want him based on moral reasons, the fact he’s pretty crap now has just been the icing on that particular cake.

Deery

Dreary
Are you ok? I have absolutely no idea why you’re in such a tizzy. Charity work is totally irrelevant to how good a person you are. You’ve been given a major example to prove that and gone off the deep end and decided to quote more (totally irrelevant) charity stuff.
Being patronising to try and devalue or shame me isn’t going to work.

I asked you if being recognised as an UNICEF ambassador was enough for you but you resort to being insulting and I’m supposed to accept your yard stick as to why someone is or isn’t a good person.

ForeverRed1

So again in his thread Ronaldo haters have resorted to bringing up a notorious pedofile and homophobism, but it somehow his fans that are the problem. Keep letting yourselves down guys..
I love Ronaldo. The goat for me. I just don’t put a status on his head and have massive expectations that he’s a great person, I don’t know him. Your arguing for someone you don’t know anything about. Just what’s in the media and what is shown. The only people that can speak on his behalf are people that really know him.

That works both ways. He could literally be the nicest person on the planet. Does he perform week in week out and give everything for the shirt? That’s why they pay him the big bucks. His character outside of football doesn’t affect any of us really.

Mmm-Qatarian

People acting like a 37 year old man slapping a phone out of a child's hand because he was angry that he'd lost a game of football is "not a big deal" would 100% not be nearly so accommodating had it been Harry Maguire or in fact pretty much any of our other players who had done this...

phelans shorts

Being patronising to try and devalue or shame me isn’t going to work.

I asked you if being recognised as an UNICEF ambassador was enough for you but you resort to being insulting and I’m supposed to accept your yard stick as to why someone is or isn’t a good person.
Ok then. No it isn’t enough. Lots of monsters have still done lots of charity work. Some of the most famously charitable people in history such as Mother Theresa were pretty awful.

Deery

Dreary
Ok then. No it isn’t enough. Lots of monsters have still done lots of charity work. Some of the most famously charitable people in history such as Mother Theresa were pretty awful.
So we’ve gotten to the point Latter Day Saints aren’t even enough for phelans shorts off the internet.

phelans shorts

So we’ve gotten to the point Latter Day Saints aren’t even enough for phelans shorts off the internet.
Dude I think you need to Google her, she was horrible. Christopher Hitchens made a very good documentary (and later book) about it.

But hey, that’s quite off the point. Just as much as bringing charity work up is when talking about how good a person somebody is.

Mickson

Everything suggests he's not that good a person. I have always been baffled how much United fans can defend him. He doesn't give a feck about us and never has, if he finds an opening he sees himself first 100 of 100 times. Even if we win it all he still calls himself a slave and will want to leave. An utterly uncharming human being. Always has been, always will be and we get more evidence of it every day. Now he's also a pretty poor footballer who still scores goals every fifth game or so. I said it was a shit signing from the start and I rest my case.

Deery

Dreary
Dude I think you need to Google her, she was horrible. Christopher Hitchens made a very good documentary (and later book) about it.

But hey, that’s quite off the point. Just as much as bringing charity work up is when talking about how good a person somebody is.
It’s all alleged criticisms as far as I’m aware there is no outstanding truths in it, just a bitter man trying to undo year of good work by another person.

buchansleftleg

He's reacted angrily at the end of a game and has apologised and offered a token as a gesture of goodwill.

That's fine, matter closed as far as Im concerned.

A bigger issue is that several United players will have just walked off the pitch after giving a minimal effort, and will have been messaging mates about various "vibes fc" type activities, or arranging with their PR team to release another "keep trying....work harder" lie via social media.

Whatever your views on Ronaldo you know he has always taken pride in his achievements and being angry at the end of a game like that is understandable.

Id prefer that genuine reaction to those walking off with hands over their mouths chatting away about something they don't want us to see/hear about.

Mickson

He's reacted angrily at the end of a game and has apologised and offered a token as a gesture of goodwill.

That's fine, matter closed as far as Im concerned.

A bigger issue is that several United players will have just walked off the pitch after giving a minimal effort, and will have been messaging mates about various "vibes fc" type activities, or arranging with their PR team to release another "keep trying....work harder" lie via social media.

Whatever your views on Ronaldo you know he has always taken pride in his achievements and being angry at the end of a game like that is understandable.

Id prefer that genuine reaction to those walking off with hands over their mouths chatting away about something they don't want us to see/hear about.
I'm actually impressed that you made this look like a good thing for Ronaldo. He cares! I think many have been angry (and I'm sure United players too) without smashing a phone that belonged to some poor kid. He's an egomaniac.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
SIUUUUUUUUUU IN COURT!

Imagine thinking it’s ok to hit a child because they are filming you.

AndySmith1990

Can’t find it in myself to give a shit about the smashed phone. The Jimmy Saville/Mother Theresa detour was fun though.

Anyway. Ronaldo. What a fecking terrible signing. One of the worst of the Ole era. Probably the worst?
We've made so many terrible signings it's difficult to even know how to rank them anymore

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Do people here who on about him "not being the problem" realize that he's one of the highest paid footballers around? We signed to be a solution (not avoid being a problem) and he's nowhere near that. I'm not sure how we are going to get rid but paying him obscene wages for average performances is yet another blot on the way we are run and consistently hurting us.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems people missed the point @Brwned was making. But that should be expected given how sensitive some are about him.

Although the phone thing seems really irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.