5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sviken

You don't need to be a bloody pressing team!

The fact is Ronaldo is not a central striker and he doesn't even position himself as one - he positions himself away from the CB'S because he is like Arjen Robben that turned striker when he lost pace, he is a winger who wants to play slightly off an angle.

What this does is give the CB'S all the time in the world to pick the perfect pass. Ronaldo is not central enough.

People seem to think that Klopp invented pressing or some shit. His team gegenpressing where everyone in the team press at the same time is not what is done by alot of clubs in the world and most clubs in the world. In a 4231 however, the player closest to the ball does go for a press and the player closest to the CB'S is usually the number 9 striker so he by himself goes for a press.

Ronaldo doesn't even press - which is fine but he doesn't even position himself centrally because he plays at a LW/LF angle - which gives all the time in the world to the CB'S to do what they want.

Cavani when he played pressed 13.5 times a game - ten times more a game than Ronaldo but more importantly he positions himself centrally so the ball playing CB'S do not have a freedom. We might not press as a team but we can press individually and whoever is closest to the ball. Rashford/Greenwood or even the winger version of Ronaldo not pressing means what? It's just the fullback and all he can do is either decide to take on Greenwood/the winger or go back to his CB.

However not having a striker blocking the lane of the CB'S means the CB'S has all the choice in the world to spread the ball across all their defensive line and wait until the midfield opens up and make the perfect pass.

I showed you Cavani's heat map.

this is Martial's heat map. Shows you how in one position Ronaldo can be even compared to someone like Martial.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...still-struggling-to-fulfil-his-true-potential
There is no such thing as pressing "individually". A team either has a pressing system or not. Bruno and Cavani are headless chickens when they run, that's not pressing as it is understood. The idea of pressing is a very particular system of play, not something a random individual does. This is something you're still unable to understand. Were we a pressing team last season or the season before that, even with one of the hardest working forwards in the history of the game? Nope. I also gave acutely gave you the example with Chelsea who are very similar to us and how Lukaku not pressing is not exactly a problem for them, is it? Every player has its strengths and weaknesses. Ronaldo was never a good presser. Didn't stop him from being the backbone of 5 CL's. A good manager uses each player as to their strengths. You're frustratated, it is clear to see. You see Klopp's team and say "well, why can't we play that way?" and look for an easy solution. It seems you've found it. The reason we're playing like a bunch of clowns is because Ronaldo doesn't press. Okay, but it is bullshit. Most of our goals in the Liverpool game had nothing to do with Ronaldo, in fact, unless your idea is that he is at fault for not organizing the defence and midfield. And what abotu before Ronaldo? Who do you blame for opposition players bulldozing through our midfield and defence all the time? You can't blame Ronaldo's pressing there because he wasn't even here, so I'm curious.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
There is no such thing as pressing "individually". A team either has a pressing system or not. Bruno and Cavani are headless chickens when they run, that's not pressing as it is understood. The idea of pressing is a very particular system of play, not something a random individual does. This is something you're still unable to understand. Where we a pressing team last season or the season before that, even with one of the hardest working forwards in the history of the game? Nope. I also gave acutely gave you the example with Chelsea who are very similar to us and how Lukaku not pressing is not exactly a problem for them, is it? Every player has its strengths and weaknesses. Ronaldo was never a good presser. Didn't stop him from being the backbone of 5 CL's. A good manager uses each player as to their strengths. You're frustratated, it is clear to see. You see Klopp's team and say "well, why can't we play that way?" and look for an easy solution. It seems you've found it. The reason we're playing like a bunch of clowns is because Ronaldo doesn't press. Okay, but it is bullshit. Most of our goals in the Liverpool game had nothing to do with Ronaldo, in fact, unless your idea is that he is at fault for not organizing the defence and midfield. And what abotu before Ronaldo? Who do you blame for opposition players bulldozing through our midfield and defence all the time? You can't blame Ronaldo's pressing there because he wasn't even here, so I'm curious.
Again I showed a video which showed the first video vs Liverpool was due to Ronaldo. He wasn't pressing the CB'S so Greenwood had to do it and play as a strike partner because Ronaldo doesn't not play centrally inbetween the CB'S. Ronaldo is at the RCB and Greenwood goes at the LCB.

What happens then?

Robertson opened up and then Wan Bissaka went for the press, then Lindelof, then Maguire then Shaw go for the press then finally Salah is free.

You are literally calling Cavani's pressing headless chicken stuff. Damn. Such a useful player.

Ronaldo is a god absolute god to you.

Ronaldo never pressed at LW, you don't need to when you are a winger. When he played as a ST he cannot play by himself and he needs a striker partner- why? Because it blocks of the two CB'S and he can play at an angle.

Anyway, he can do anything, I can provide proof with stats, videos and it's all bullshit. You provide nothing and only talk. No proof that Ronaldo is making us stronger as a team than last season.

1. Heatmaps.
2. Pressing stats
3. Videos showing Ronaldo position and not pressing and what it causes to United currently
4. His history of never playing as a centralised striker by himself ever.

Yet I'm supposed to believe you who is just speaking to me. No I'm okay. Good try but no proof.

Just another random person who is playing football manager who even Ole knows more football than - or whatever you said before :drool:

Stats, heatmaps, videos, History, reality.

Again if it's just talking I won't reply, provide some sort of scientific data to what you are talking because I'm that kind of person, I'm not very religious to look at a god like that.

Sviken

Again I showed a video which showed the first video vs Liverpool was due to Ronaldo. He wasn't pressing the CB'S so Greenwood had to do it and play as a strike partner because Ronaldo doesn't not play centrally inbetween the CB'S. Ronaldo is at the RCB and Greenwood goes at the LCB.

What happens then?

Robertson opened up and then Wan Bissaka went for the press, then Lindelof, then Maguire then Shaw go for the press then finally Salah is free.

You are literally calling Cavani's pressing headless chicken stuff. Damn. Such a useful player.

Ronaldo is a god absolute god to you.

Ronaldo never pressed at LW, you don't need to when you are a winger. When he played as a ST he cannot play by himself and he needs a striker partner- why? Because it blocks of the two CB'S and he can play at an angle.

Anyway, he can do anything, I can provide proof with stats, videos and it's all bullshit. You provide nothing and only talk. No proof that Ronaldo is making us stronger as a team than last season.

1. Heatmaps.
2. Pressing stats
3. Videos showing Ronaldo position and not pressing and what it causes to United currently
4. His history of never playing as a centralised striker by himself ever.

Yet I'm supposed to believe you who is just speaking to me. No I'm okay. Good try but no proof.

Just another random person who is playing football manager who even Ole knows more football than - or whatever you said before :drool:

Stats, heatmaps, videos, History, reality.

Again if it's just talking I won't reply, provide some sort of scientific data to what you are talking because I'm that kind of person, I'm not very religious to look at a god like that.
You're ridiculous. You've simply watched a few videos from some youtube blokes and think you've figured it all out.

How in God's green Earth is Ronaldo at fault for the first goal? What the hell could Ronaldo do there? He was rightly positioned, the keeper opts a short pass to Konate, Greenwood foolishly rushes an absurd amount of distance rather than mark his man, Robertson, thus, is left fully open with then prompts AWB to rush him (when eh should have stayed behind because at this point defensive cohesion and structure is way more important), Lindelof is pulled out of position because of AWB's mistake and tries to close the distance and Jota flicks it. Our entire defence is at this point outnumbered and everyone rushes in foolishly and collapses, leaving the entire Liverpool's defence open for a pass. There is literally NOTHING and I mean nothin Ronaldo could have done to prevent that. I genuinely do not understand how you can think Ronaldo is at fault for any of that. Let's say Ronaldo rushes in and Greenwood and AWB play their part correctly - the defender would then opt a pass to the keeper, said keeper then opts a pass to VVD, circumventing Ronaldo entirely, VVD does the same exact thing on the other flank, we're again cut open. Tactics 101.

Yes, we've discussed that Ronaldo is played incorrectly, that much is obvious. But the problem is you still think Ronaldo is at fault for the goals and that is not true. And yes, Cavani's pressing is that of a headless chicken because there is no-one to actually support him and Cavani himself doesn't know who to press because there are no such instructinos in place. What this results is that he gets pulled out of position with no-one to back him up, often times leaving us vulnerable. Bruno is the same. Doesn't matter how hard working they are, there is no clear system in place to use their hard working abilities. Cavani's workrate is his strongest point, always has been. He compensated for Zlatan's low workrate beautifully in PSG, but the problem is that with Ole he has no system in place, thus when he does the runs he does he is just wasting energy while in PSG they had a real purpose.

Nobody can make Ronaldo a pressing player because that's simply not his game. Neither is Messi's. But a system of pressing with Ronaldo in the team can easily be established with a proper coach. Problem is - we don't have that. We're completely disorganized in defence, attack and midfield. Which is why for 3 years this team has been known by fans as "Vibes and Moments FC". Case in point:

This is not even Championship level defending. Complete disorganization steemign from lack of coaching, not Ronaldo not pressing a CB, ffs.

Skyhightrees

You're ridiculous. You've simply watched a few videos from some youtube blokes and think you've figured it all out.

How in God's green Earth is Ronaldo at fault for the first goal? What the hell could Ronaldo do there? He was rightly positioned, the keeper opts a short pass to Konate, Greenwood foolishly rushes an absurd amount of distance rather than mark his man, Robertson, thus, is left fully open with then prompts AWB to rush him (when eh should have stayed behind because at this point defensive cohesion and structure is way more important), Lindelof is pulled out of position because of AWB's mistake and tries to close the distance and Jota flicks it. Our entire defence is at this point outnumbered and everyone rushes in foolishly and collapses, leaving the entire Liverpool's defence open for a pass. There is literally NOTHING and I mean nothin Ronaldo could have done to prevent that. I genuinely do not understand how you can think Ronaldo is at fault for any of that. Let's say Ronaldo rushes in and Greenwood and AWB play their part correctly - the defender would then opt a pass to the keeper, said keeper then opts a pass to VVD, circumventing Ronaldo entirely, VVD does the same exact thing on the other flank, we're again cut open. Tactics 101.

Yes, we've discussed that Ronaldo is played incorrectly, that much is obvious. But the problem is you still think Ronaldo is at fault for the goals and that is not true. And yes, Cavani's pressing is that of a headless chicken because there is no-one to actually support him and Cavani himself doesn't know who to press because there are no such instructinos in place. What this results is that he gets pulled out of position with no-one to back him up, often times leaving us vulnerable. Bruno is the same. Doesn't matter how hard working they are, there is no clear system in place to use their hard working abilities. Cavani's workrate is his strongest point, always has been. He compensated for Zlatan's low workrate beautifully in PSG, but the problem is that with Ole he has no system in place, thus when he does the runs he does he is just wasting energy while in PSG they had a real purpose.

Nobody can make Ronaldo a pressing player because that's simply not his game. Neither is Messi's. But a system of pressing with Ronaldo in the team can easily be established with a proper coach. Problem is - we don't have that. We're completely disorganized in defence, attack and midfield. Which is why for 3 years this team has been known by fans as "Vibes and Moments FC". Case in point:

This is not even Championship level defending. Complete disorganization steemign from lack of coaching, not Ronaldo not pressing a CB, ffs.
You're right here, can't understand the other posters "factual" info. And Ronaldo should't be played out of position at all, play him as LF and it's a wrap. Put Cavani on for god's sake, he should start just from the energy he brings to the team. As someone that likes well played football before giving chances to players, someone tell me why Greenwood must start every game? All I see in him is a dangerous shot at times, but I don't see unselfishness, playmaking, crossing, understanding between him and Ronaldo, his striking partner. Plus he is not that fast, neither can he dribble forward with nifty touches like Sancho for one... Bet bucks next manager benches him in favor of a different attack. Greenwood should be playing at 9 if he plays

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

That’s such a horrifying screen shot.

Bebestation

Inappropriate Behavior
That’s such a horrifying screen shot.

This video shows why that defensive line actually happened.

I can guarantee you won't watch it because of your love for Ronaldo :lol:

It blames him unfortunately for you (and no I didn't make the video!) Because he didn't press - our whole team went on a weird press that opened up our defense for Keita.

So easy but you just won't watch or agree with the video. Just simple proof. You have nothing scientific. Just a love from your heart for Ronaldo that you are continuing with.

I have provided

1. Articles
2. Heat maps
3. Videos
4.data and stats

You show a picture of our defence where that is blamed exactly by videos on Ronaldo in the first place for messing our press and positioning of Greenwood then Wan Bissaka then Lindelof then Maguire then Shaw then a goal by Keita.

Again what you have is no a single amount of proof. I have given you countless amount of proof, articles, data, stats, videos and everything. You cant do that and yet I the one who is lying riding Ronaldo's 36 year old dick like his a player in his prime.

He left us in his prime. Just remember that. Building a bloody team to get the best out of a 36 year old. No other player gets that kind of dick riding.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

It blames him unfortunately for you (and no I didn't make the video!) Because he didn't press - our whole team went on a weird press that opened up our defense for Keita.

So easy but you just won't watch or agree with the video. Just simple proof. You have nothing scientific. Just a love from your heart for Ronaldo that you are continuing with.

I have provided

1. Articles
2. Heat maps
3. Videos
4.data and stats

You show a picture of our defence where that is blamed exactly by videos on Ronaldo in the first place for messing our press and positioning of Greenwood then Wan Bissaka then Lindelof then Maguire then Shaw then a goal by Keita.

Again what you have is no a single amount of proof. I have given you countless amount of proof, articles, data, stats, videos and everything. You cant do that and yet I the one who is lying riding Ronaldo's 36 year old dick like his a player in his prime.

He left us in his prime. Just remember that. Building a bloody team to get the best out of a 36 year old. No other player gets that kind of dick riding.
Why am I being roped in with this ‘love of Ronaldo’? :lol: I was just commenting on a depressing screenshot, don’t rope me into this argumentative rubbish.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
dont give a shit where they "drew" the offside line he was onside, and the only one who put the ball in the net against liverpool. Get a proper manager who can set the team up properly and he will continue banging in the goals.
Your giving a shit doesn't matter. He didn't score against Liverpool.

Sviken

I have provided

1. Articles
2. Heat maps
3. Videos
4.data and stats

You're stubborn as Ole, mate. You can't see what's in front of you and instead rely on what some youtuber tells you. I quite clearly explained to you how that goal came to be and how there was nothing Ronaldo could have done to prevent it and you repeat the same shit you've spouted since the beginning. I'm not gonna repeat myself once again. Look at the captured image and explain to me on what planet is that Ronaldo's fault.

As far as me loving Ronaldo, that's ridiculous. I was one of the few United fans that wanted nothing to do with him after the slavery comments and I thought it was pathetic when he got a standing ovation at Old Trafford. But I also won't close my eyes to the simple fact that he has nothing to do with our bad performances. You can put prime Messi on top and it wouldn't change one goddamn thing.

But carry on with your hate boner for Ronaldo. Go tell Ole that to make us into prime Barcelona Ronaldo simply has to press more. You'll fix our entire problems, even though Ronaldo hasn't been here for the past 3 years and we were comfortably shit without him. But okay.

Bebestation

You're stubborn as Ole, mate. You can't see what's in front of you and instead rely on what some youtuber tells you. I quite clearly explained to you how that goal came to be and how there was nothing Ronaldo could have done to prevent it and you repeat the same shit you've spouted since the beginning. I'm not gonna repeat myself once again. Look at the captured image and explain to me on what planet is that Ronaldo's fault.

As far as me loving Ronaldo, that's ridiculous. I was one of the few United fans that wanted nothing to do with him after the slavery comments and I thought it was pathetic when he got a standing ovation at Old Trafford. But I also won't close my eyes to the simple fact that he has nothing to do with our bad performances. You can put prime Messi on top and it wouldn't change one goddamn thing.

But carry on with your hate boner for Ronaldo. Go tell Ole that to make us into prime Barcelona Ronaldo simply has to press more. You'll fix our entire problems, even though Ronaldo hasn't been here for the past 3 years and we were comfortably shit without him. But okay.
No your stubborn as Mourinho mate.

I provide you articles from news.

I watch this and see it with my eyes.

I see it in heat maps.

I see it in YouTube videos where there videos are about football and their job about is football.

It's in the bloody stats.

Yet I am the ignorant one.

You are just watching the football and not seeing it and because you are not - you are ignorant and stubborn as Mourinho.

So much proof provided by me and again you could not provide anything except your typing.

Yet I am the Football manager guy or something?

An article about the same thing and you simply won't say shit about it.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/drop-r...er-must-do-now-to-/142lq7vnpx5cx1nl4j6kiwi3lk

Take care.

Oh another article by Sky sport

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sk...ssing-is-a-conundrum-for-ole-gunnar-solskjaer

Damn this is becoming too easy. Yet your hugging Ronaldo in the corner and I'm the stubborn one.

BlueHaze

You are too good of a poster to be sucked into debates with that guy and his sickening anti Ronaldo agenda. He's derailing every single thread with it.

Bebestation

You are too good of a poster to be sucked into debates with that guy and his sickening anti Ronaldo agenda. He's derailing every single thread with it.
Right so sky sports and every other news, stats youtube and everything is wrong except you.

Cute how your hugging your friend now because I hurt Ronaldo or something.

My lord :lol: it like I'm talking to 12 year old haha.

BlueHaze

Right so sky sports and every other news, stats youtube and everything is wrong except you.

Cute how your hugging your friend now because I hurt Ronaldo or something.

My lord :lol: it like I'm talking to 12 year old haha.
You have made 1k posts in the recent week only about Ronaldo. Please stick to making them in here and stop derailing every single thread with your bs because trust me the only one on this forum looking completely obsessed with Ronaldo is you and not the other way around.

Bebestation

You have made 1k posts in the recent week only about Ronaldo. Please stick to making them in here and stop derailing every single thread with your bs because trust me the only one on this forum looking completely obsessed with Ronaldo is you and not the other way around.
No you are not my Ronaldo. You don't tell me what to do :nono:

tjb

What I don't understand is this idea of us already having a pressing forward. Cavani barely played. Martial is not a pressing forward and his movement is horrendous. How is Ronaldo a decline from that. What's also clear is that we have struggled for years to create chances for our strikers or even create in general. People are just looking for what's different but the truth is, we were like this at the start of last season and in truth most of 19-20 until Bruno arrived. Let's be honest here. The only difference now is thag back then we were too scared to open up, so we purely counter attacked in the big games. Now, Ole can't afford to play like that due to the talent we have. It's that simple.

Bebestation

What I don't understand is this idea of us already having a pressing forward. Cavani barely played. Martial is not a pressing forward and his movement is horrendous. How is Ronaldo a decline from that. What's also clear is that we have struggled for years to create chances for our strikers or even create in general. People are just looking for what's different but the truth is, we were like this at the start of last season and in truth most of 19-20 until Bruno arrived. Let's be honest here. The only difference now is thag back then we were too scared to open up, so we purely counter attacked in the big games. Now, Ole can't afford to play like that due to the talent we have. It's that simple.
It's the positioning.

Ronaldo positions himself as a Left hand sided striker even when playing by himself.

So even if he does not press - he does not block off the centre ball playing defenders.

Martial and Cavani plays more centrally with Cavani being the most Central and the most Pressing.

Ronaldo's heat map.

It's not central and his furthest forward area is towards the left hand side.

If you look at that heat map and then watch this video it highlights all the problem.

The problem is being talked about by Sky sports, Goal, Athletic, Tifo, youtube channels, has data to prove it, stats to prove it and everything.

Bebestation

Their job is to get clicks.
Oh so sky sports and goal have copied this one problem from youtube?

Type Ronaldo pressing in to Google and it's one of the main things talked about in sports now.

It's not made up. It's news. People are saying that Ronaldo is a problem and he should be dropped.

Remember when Ole said something had to give and dropped Pogba. Hmm. Sounds fishy. Why is Pogba being dropped? Maybe the same reasons as Ronaldo!

Guess what Ronaldo was dropped!

The worst thing was their was proof vs Everton. Controlling the game completely. Everton had nothing and we had the ball. On came Ronaldo and the ball cut through us and the pressure crumbled, Fred crumbled, made a mistake and we let in a goal. No control of a match.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I want you to think through the implications of what you're saying.

You are saying Manchester United are implementing a tactic where, if the guy at the top doesn't do a secondary part of his job properly, the entire tactical setup immediately and inescapably collapses and the team concedes multiple goals per game.

And you are saying this is a good thing and that they should pursue this tactic.

LoneStar

You are saying Manchester United are implementing a tactic where, if the guy at the top doesn't do a secondary part of his job properly, the entire tactical setup immediately and inescapably collapses and the team concedes multiple goals per game.

And you are saying this is a good thing and that they should pursue this tactic.
It's truly bonkers. I'm not saying that he might be best suited to the manager's tactics. Calling that out is fair, especially given Ole's limitations in adapting tactics.
But imagine saying Ronaldo, a striker is the root of our problems with conceding goals :houllier:

Love the username btw.

LoneStar

Would he leave in the summer if we missed out on top 4? I think it's possible.
It's obviously up to him. But no way would the club let him go easily. It would be an utter PR disaster after how much they milked his signing.

He's also one of those players who even the non football money men and shareholder would realise is a big name leaving.

estel_manutd

Cristiano is not the problem. He has won us points in 30% of the games he has been involved in - the problem is work rate in the rest of the team. I have been very annoyed with Rashford (last season) and Greenwood re: work rate, and with Bruno about lack of positional sense and running like a headless chicken.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

Yup, something is weird with the portion of the fanbase blaming Ronaldo. From the outside I could never see any progress in terms of playstyle with Manchester United under Ole, they were getting kicked out of UCL in groups stages and couldn't win against Villarreal. Whenever they got a result against a good team it was playing like the underdogs and going for counterattacks. So from my perspective they were already a team with a lack of style unable to implement something more progresive.

There were threads from past season of people already calling out the poor management and tactical set up but it's amazing how some people are trying to scapegoat Ronaldo. If any I think Ole has been exposed because of the signings of Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo, it raises the expectations and after I don't know how many seasons people aren't buying anymore the whole excuse of being in a perpetual rebuilding phase.

The team selection could be more balanced though, and Cavani could be used more often but I really don't know what Ole pretends with his current set up. I also thought Ronaldo was going to be featured little by little until he could adapt to the team and league, but from his first displays it was obvious he was ready but I'm still unsure if he can keep up playing everygame for the whole season.

United in sin

The only person who should be captain is Ronaldo.

And if 6 months in Harry can become captain then Cavani can in Ronaldo's absence.
Absolutely, Ronaldo is a natural leader who exudes confidence and passion.
Ronaldo should be captain, in some ways he probably already is.
Ronaldo would be a terrible choice for captain IMO (better than Maguire though). It may work for Portugal but at club level you can't have a player as greedy and individualistic as Ronaldo captaining week in week out.

He's never been a proper captain at club level for a reason. I admire the guy as much as any true United supporter but leadership on the pitch has never been his thing. He of course pushes his teammates to be better, but for his own benefit first and foremost. Consider his on pitch relationship with Greenwood

Have to laugh at people saying Ronaldo should be captain. Ronaldo shouldn't even be at the club. He's a vanity signing that has unsettled the one part of the team that was working well already. We'd added to the attack and only signed Ronaldo to keep him away from City. We needed a 6, we've need a 6 for years but cant pass the next shiny thing that City are making eyes at.
Reading this post reminded me of this article.

https://www.insider.com/cristiano-ronaldos-former-teammates-are-railing-against-him-2021-10

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That's wrong.

Im not sure why you think it's just Greenwood and Rashford that should be serving Ronaldo when Ronaldo as Striker should be serving the inverted forwards likewise. As a striker you don't play inverted forwards - you play a strike partner or a traditional wingers which we only have Sancho.

The tactics are wrong. It was a last minute no balance scared motion transfer we bought to stop City buying him and its messed up any sort of balance in the front line we had.

Crazy how people are shooting Greenwood and Rashford for a 36 year old version of Ronaldo.

Very toxic indeed.
It’s even more crazy and toxic when people are shooting 36 year old Ronaldo for the problems caused by Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, Pogba, McFred, Maguire, Lindelof, AWB, Shaw etc

Sure everyone should share their part of the blame, but some crazy people here are shooting everything at Ronaldo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s even more crazy and toxic when people are shooting 36 year old Ronaldo for the problems caused by Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, Pogba, McFred, Maguire, Lindelof, AWB, Shaw etc

Sure everyone should share their part of the blame, but some crazy people here are shooting everything at Ronaldo.
Aren't you doing the same thing by stating that the problems are caused by the others and not Ronaldo?

And while there's a focus on everyone (see the Maguire thread for example), I think some shed light on Ronaldo more as he's A) a new addition that we chose to the existing squad and hence judging that recent decision made by the manager/club B) he's a big name (they're always scrutinised more, that's life) player on enormous wages and we could have gone for CMs instead if we wanted to.

Bebestation

Aren't you doing the same thing by stating that the problems are caused by the others and not Ronaldo?

And while there's a focus on everyone (see the Maguire thread for example), I think some shed light on Ronaldo more as he's A) a new addition that we chose to the existing squad and hence judging that recent decision made by the manager/club B) he's a big name (they're always scrutinised more, that's life) player on enormous wages and we could have gone for CMs instead if we wanted to.
Blames every single other player except Ronaldo yet its less toxic than when one player is blamed for ONE of our problems.

captaincantona

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59055179

Schweinsteiger, Micah Richards, Bonnuci and Souness now talking about the benefits and negatives of C Ronaldo :eek:

Apparently United fans made this crap up.
It will be fun to watch that article get torn apart line by line by redronaldo and deery...you can hear the furious tapping of fingers on a keyboard...desperate to find statistics that counter the argument...seeking out private investigators in Turin to dig up dirt on Bonnuci...photoshopping Schweinsteiger into some dodgy ‘’military” gear....this type of HITJOB can’t be allowed!:lol:

Deery

Dreary
It will be fun to watch that article get torn apart line by line by redronaldo and deery...you can hear the furious tapping of fingers on a keyboard...desperate to find statistics that counter the argument...seeking out private investigators in Turin to dig up dirt on Bonnuci...photoshopping Schweinsteiger into some dodgy ‘’military” gear....this type of HITJOB can’t be allowed!:lol:
Beat 2-1 last night by Sassulo and 7th in the league yeah they seem to be flying without Ronaldo.

United in sin

Yeah because Juventus are doing fantastically without him, Chiellini’s criticism is players got lazy because they expected Ronaldo to score goals which he did hardly a daming thing against anyone.
Juventus progressively got worse after they signed Ronaldo and you could see this in their points tallies dropping with each season and you could see it with their drop in levels in the CL. They went from 90 to 83 and 78 points in the three seasons he was there. He did score for fun yes, but the team declined. I'm not pinning it on Ronaldo but he was part of the problem.

Dan_F

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59055179

Schweinsteiger, Micah Richards, Bonnuci and Souness now talking about the benefits and negatives of C Ronaldo :eek:

Apparently United fans made this crap up.
I can completely see the argument and I’m sure there is an element of truth to it, but do we even know what Ole is asking him to do? How can you be so sure that he’s not being asked to conserve his energy, as it’s not like we’ve ever had any kind of coherent press under Ole.

It’s pretty easy to look at a clip and show that a striker should have been positioned differently, or closed down better, I’m sure that could be done for 90% of goals. The difference is most get stopped by the defence or midfield. Sunday was an absolute shit show by both.

Same as when we concede it’s always a defenders fault, yet when we score it’s great play by our attacker and their defender is never mentioned. It’s really easy to pick faults with individuals for basically every goal that’s scored.

Final point, didn’t Ronaldo make 9 presses against Liverpool, which would be considered about normal?

Deery

Dreary
Juventus progressively got worse after they signed Ronaldo and you could see this in their points tallies dropping with each season and you could see it with their drop in levels in the CL. They went from 90 to 83 and 78 points in the three seasons he was there. He did score for fun yes, but the team declined. I'm not pinning it on Ronaldo but he was part of the problem.
That could also be attributable to the lost of Allegri to couldn’t it and their upturn if any could be to do with Allegri too couldn’t it we see how a good manager can change things a lot.

captaincantona

That could also be attributable to the lost of Allegri to couldn’t it and their upturn if any could be to do with Allegri too couldn’t it we see how a good manager can change things a lot.
Listen...don’t latch on to the arguments you can challenge. Try be objective and forget about defending Ronaldo. Engage with what the article is saying. As I have said in other threads and this one...he does nothing out of possession...nothing...and against TOP teams you have a conundrum and cannot play a pressing game, simple as that. This article also shows he does very little in possession...one of the lowest number of touches etc That backs up my other point that he offers little in terms of link up or build up (6 assists a season in Italy I think).

But he is an incredible box player, takes chances calmly like no other, finds space and has a great threat in the air. So where is the issue? Either learn to play with 10 men hoping that he pops up with something at some point or bench him and bring him on when we are pinging balls into the box in the last 15 minutes of games.

snk123

I agree that Ole shouldn't have bought him. I just think that building a team around a almost 37 year old Ronaldo is absurd. Neville made the point that despite believing that Ronaldo is the goat, this version of him is not enough to make Man Utd title contenders. If he was still goat level, we should be building a team around him, but he's not. There are better forwards in the prem alone atm.
Oh if Neville made that point than it must be true. After all, when are the Neville brothers ever wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.