Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

This is exactly how I see it.

I value Ronaldo being here and I love his goals but him being United's plan A and our main tactic is not right.

I'd rather we use Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho as our Plan A and use Ronaldo when we need to finish the game off with an extra goal or get him in when we are losing a match. Start him occasionally aswell and make the tactics fit that.

Playing Ronaldo as a guaranteed started 24/7 for 90 mins is just not the right level for me.
Still holding out hope at some point that he and the other influential guys in that dressing room finally revolt over this utterly diabolical management and coaching staff while we can still save the season

RepardReece

I also bought this up, we are getting less penalties than the season where Bruno joined us half way through the season before and last season since the way we play different.

Not all were penalties but he would score a goal in 8 games.

3 of his goals this season was a hattrick all coming from vs Leeds before Ronaldo joined.

After that he has scored 1 in 8.

Breaking down his stats this is what I found :

19/20 half season

Bruno Fernandes
4 penalty goals
4 goals
7 assists
In 14 games

20/21 full season

9 penalty goals
9 goals
11 assists
In 37 games

21/22
3 goals prior to Ronaldo joining vs Leeds
0 penalties

After Ronaldo joined he has scored 1 in 8 games
3 assists in 8 games
0 penalties

We are winning less penalties than ever before.
See this is where you twist shit in your favour - let's talk about Bruno in the prem last season from GW26-37. (gw38 he didn't play)
3 goals 1 assist in 12 games. 2 of those goals are penalties.
Only in the Leicester game did he not start.

Yeah, but it's all Ronaldo's fault.

We've been regressing since the back end of last season, not since Ronny came in.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
See this is where you twist shit in your favour - let's talk about Bruno in the prem last season from GW26-37. (gw38 he didn't play)
3 goals 1 assist in 12 games. 2 of those goals are penalties.
Only in the Leicester game did he not start.

Yeah, but it's all Ronaldo's fault.

We've been regressing since the back end of last season, not since Ronny came in.
I'm the one who is twisting shit to suit my favour? Your literally cutting the season at your accord to suit your stats.

Bruno fernandes scores 2 goals in a row in February in 2 matches.

Then penalty goals and assists are obviously continuing in March and April before he scores another open goal vs Liverpool in may.

Penalty goals were a big part of our goals anyway but hey ho, that's just vanished off the face off the earth after having it continuously for the half season Bruno joined us and the full season Bruno was in immense form.

Anyway, me and you are not going to convince each other about anything.

Ronaldo will score and then everyone will be after me saying that I never expected him to have the ability to do so - all I'm saying is I don't like the change in our game play both in an attacking way and a defensive way.

You clearly do and good for you.

Glad you enjoy it.

RepardReece

I'm the one who is twisting shit to suit my favour? Your literally cutting the season at your accord to suit your stats.

Bruno fernandes scores 2 goals in a row in February in 2 matches.

Then penalty goals and assists are obviously continuing in March and April before he scores another open goal vs Liverpool in may.

Penalty goals were a big part of our goals anyway but hey ho, that's just vanished off the face off the earth after having it continuously for the half season Bruno joined us and the full season Bruno was in immense form.

Anyway, me and you are not going to convince each other about anything.

Ronaldo will score and then everyone will be after me saying that I never expected him to have the ability to do so - all I'm saying is I don't like the change in our game play both in an attacking way and a defensive way.

You clearly do and good for you.

Glad you enjoy it.
Not at all, your point was that Bruno has not been as effective since Ronny came in, my point is disagreeing with that and suggesting he hasn't been as effective since the back end of last season, before Ronaldo.

Stop changing your whole agenda to suit.

But alright

steffyr2

I value Ronaldo being here and I love his goals but him being United's plan A and our main tactic is not right.
Why?
I'd rather we use Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho as our Plan A and use Ronaldo when we need to finish the game off with an extra goal or get him in when we are losing a match. Start him occasionally aswell and make the tactics fit that.

Playing Ronaldo as a guaranteed started 24/7 for 90 mins is just not the right level for me.
Oh. Would you rather lose with Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho getting experience?

captaincantona

Why?

Oh. Would you rather lose with Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho getting experience?
To an extent yes...that front three has the potential to be the best in Europe. I would 100% accept losing in the short term to hone that front 3 playing in front of Bruno. Proper movement, pressing in phases, tracking back. With a proper coach I would prefer to see that with Ronaldo off the bench on 65 minutes if we still haven’t broken teams down.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
why? Do they pay Zlatan 500K/week? (that was a rumor for Ronaldo, no idea what the real numbers are)
£580,000 per week is the figure I read (don't recall where) and you can't pay >£2 million a month for a 'super-sub', no matter how super he is....

P.S. And before anyone says it, no Man Utd. won't get the money back in shirt sales. There was a sports analyst on Radio 5 around the time the deal went through and he said that clubs always say this to justify these 'Galactico deals' and it's rubbish.

steffyr2

£580,000 per week is the figure I read (don't recall where) and you can't pay >£2 million a month for a 'super-sub', no matter how super he is....
Ronaldo is one of those people who knows what a well-run team looks like. He probably can be useful to the team, but it doesn't seem likely that he'd like to spend his final professional years in a train wreck of a club. I doubt the agreement when he signed was that he'd sit on the sidelines.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Ronaldo is one of those people who knows what a well-run team looks like. He probably can be useful to the team, but it doesn't seem likely that he'd like to spend his final professional years in a train wreck of a club. I doubt the agreement when he signed was that he'd sit on the sidelines.
What do you mean: "I doubt the agreement when he signed was that he'd sit on the sidelines."? At the end of the day the only agreement that should have been made was that he does what the bloody manager says he does. Whatever we think of OGS or David Moyes or whomever, the manager outranks the players - even if he is the world's greatest (or second greatest depending on your viewpoint). To suggest otherwise is totally wrong, I'm sorry, there is player power and then there is this... its a crazy comment.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
I think this is what you might be trying to talk about:

2020-21
Juventus Serie A Top Scorer
1. Ronaldo 29
2. Morata 11
3. Chiesa 8
4. Mckennie 5

2019-20
1. Ronaldo 31
2. Dybala 11
3. Higuain 8
4. De Ligt 4

2018-19
1. Ronaldo 21
2. Mandzukic 9
3. Kean 6
4. Dybala 5

2017-18 (season pre Ronaldo)
Juventus Serie A Top Scorers
1. Dybala 22
2. Higuain 16
3. Khedira 9
4. Pjanic & Mandzukic 5
Juventus total Series A score
2020/21= 77 Goals with Ronaldo
2019/20 =76 Goals with Ronaldo
2018/19 = 70 Goals with Ronaldo
2017/18 = 86 pre Ronaldo
2016/17 = 77 pre Ronaldo

It is not like having Ronaldo give you on top of 86 goals in 18/19, we have to consider the other strikers scoring / on field time chances are getting lesser. Some in Man United situation, he score 10 goals but other strikes goal rate will be dropping.

Football is 11 vs 11 games.

steffyr2

What do you mean: "I doubt the agreement when he signed was that he'd sit on the sidelines."? At the end of the day the only agreement that should have been made was that he does what the bloody manager says he does. Whatever we think of OGS or David Moyes or whomever, the manager outranks the players - even if he is the world's greatest (or second greatest depending on your viewpoint). To suggest otherwise is totally wrong, I'm sorry, there is player power and then there is this... its a crazy comment.
I'm not sure that the manager is quite all that all-powerful. And wouldn't it have been Ole making those promises?

Anyway, Ole obviously has players that he made promises to and then backed out, so maybe you're right.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

We are in no position now to bench our best player and start with our lesser players, regardless of what you like or dislike.

This season:
Ronaldo - 9 goals 1 assists in 12 games (7.22 avg rating)
Greenwood - 4 goals 1 assists in 14 games (6.93 avg rating)
Rashford - 3 goals 0 assist in 6 games (6.36 avg rating)
Sancho - 0 goal 0 assist in 13 games (6.3 avg rating)

Ronaldo > combined total of Greenwood + Rashford + Sancho

Last edited:

Bebestation

We are in no position now to bench our best player and start with our lesser players, regardless of what you like or dislike.

This season:

Well again, I think Ronaldo has had an influence on the way players play.

Greenwood scores 3 goals in 3 games - a goal a game.
Ever since Ronaldo joined he has scored only one. A long distance wonder goal with no link to the rest of the team aswell.

Pogba had 6 or 7 assists in the first 3 games - zero or at max maybe one since Ronaldo has joined.

Bruno 3 goals in his first match, scored only 1 since and also missed the only penalty we had vs Aston Villa :smirk: just a creator ever since.

Rashford has scored 3 goals less than his matches- the same as Ronaldo.

Rashford and Greenwood are inverted forwards and playing with a poacher type player in C Ronaldo will reduce the chances that the inverted forwards themselves get.

It's like playing Ronaldo inbetween Mane and Salah - Liverpool’s benefit is coming from Mane and Salah scoring the goals and not Ronaldo - it's mostly Firmino doing the central work at their peak or now Jota.

Oh but sure Ronaldo is a better quality player - but ultimately then you cant play Mane and Salah because they don't get the best out of Ronaldo! Remember how people complain about Salah's greediness on the ball and then Greenwood’s greediness on the ball?

It's all good when they are the main attackers but that's not the case anymore, the main attacker is chosen to be Ronaldo.

Now finally, Sancho.

Sancho has no proof for either of us because he hasn't been a success here so far. So I will just say what I think even if it's wrong. First Ronaldo was not a planned transfer so tactically there is a big chance that those 2 do not match.

Why do I say this? Because Sancho's main attacking style is his short through balls that his puts in to pockets of spaces for the attacker to run on to. He did this in Dortmund alot.

Most of Ronaldo have come from either long crosses or long distant through balls; the only time he scores a goal through a short through ball this season is his goal vs Newcastle where Shaw passes on the counter.

Ronaldo is a 36 year old poacher who picks and chooses when is the best time to run much more than ever.

Whilst a front 3 of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho would be playing at a pace that is just on a different young pacey level, through balls, interchanging with each other, low crosses (compared to the higher area crosses given to Ronaldo's head) and more.

Again, my problem is not that Ronaldo is here scoring goals for us, it's that he has turned to being our main tactic.

Ronaldo- Ruud Van Nistlerooy-Rooney

I'm sure some players will continue to have done well in such a formation whilst some could struggled too.

Skills

Snitch
You can see why he left the first time around. He was never going to fulfil his potential here. There's only so much you can achieve at a club like United compared to the likes of Real Madrid.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town

This season:

But as I have already said, Ronaldo has scored many goals, but not only that they have been important ones - gaining a late draw or victory. However, if he weren't on the pitch would these recovery goals have been needed?

Ole last season got many clean sheets against other top-6 rivals, but in just the last three games its basically Man Utd 3: Others 7. What has changed from last season to this?

Adamsk7

I don’t know why any of you are arguing about Ronaldo - watching him is literally the only joyous thing about our team right now.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
But as I have already said, Ronaldo has scored many goals, but not only that they have been important ones - gaining a late draw or victory. However, if he weren't on the pitch would these recovery goals have been needed?

Ole last season got many clean sheets against other top-6 rivals, but in just the last three games its basically Man Utd 3: Others 7. What has changed from last season to this?
In the last 10 games of the season (all comps), we only kept 1 clean sheet didn't we? Against Leeds?

It's not just a this season problem.

AndySmith1990

I can see the irony being that Ronaldo scores enough to keep Solskjaer in a job, but then ends up leaving due to not having any belief in the manager.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
I don’t know why any of you are arguing about Ronaldo - watching him is literally the only joyous thing about our team right now.
But this is partly because seeing him out on the pitch looking basically the same as he did 15 years ago - which is amazing I concede - gives Utd. fans a shot of nostalgia back to the golden era, but the problem is: 4 years without a trophy and serial winner though he is, that is not likely to change cos of him coming back.

Look what happened with Juventus for proof, he was bought to get them the CL - did he? Plus he was younger then too - time and tide wait for no man, not even these greatest players with all the dietary and medical advantages they have over the players from the past.

Nostalgia is like a drug that Utd. are addicted too - putting ex-managers into decision making roles, putting ex-players into the managers seat are other examples of that.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto

This season:

Very funny comparison, the fact is, all combine = feeding Ronaldo to score now, the new tactic now. Ole afraid Ronaldo to get another mad moment.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well again, I think Ronaldo has had an influence on the way players play.

Greenwood scores 3 goals in 3 games - a goal a game.
Ever since Ronaldo joined he has scored only one. A long distance wonder goal with no link to the rest of the team aswell.

Pogba had 6 or 7 assists in the first 3 games - zero or at max maybe one since Ronaldo has joined.

Bruno 3 goals in his first match, scored only 1 since and also missed the only penalty we had vs Aston Villa :smirk: just a creator ever since.

Rashford has scored 3 goals less than his matches- the same as Ronaldo.

Rashford and Greenwood are inverted forwards and playing with a poacher type player in C Ronaldo will reduce the chances that the inverted forwards themselves get.

It's like playing Ronaldo inbetween Mane and Salah - Liverpool’s benefit is coming from Mane and Salah scoring the goals and not Ronaldo - it's mostly Firmino doing the central work at their peak or now Jota.

Oh but sure Ronaldo is a better quality player - but ultimately then you cant play Mane and Salah because they don't get the best out of Ronaldo! Remember how people complain about Salah's greediness on the ball and then Greenwood’s greediness on the ball?

It's all good when they are the main attackers but that's not the case anymore, the main attacker is chosen to be Ronaldo.

Now finally, Sancho.

Sancho has no proof for either of us because he hasn't been a success here so far. So I will just say what I think even if it's wrong. First Ronaldo was not a planned transfer so tactically there is a big chance that those 2 do not match.

Why do I say this? Because Sancho's main attacking style is his short through balls that his puts in to pockets of spaces for the attacker to run on to. He did this in Dortmund alot.

Most of Ronaldo have come from either long crosses or long distant through balls; the only time he scores a goal through a short through ball this season is his goal vs Newcastle where Shaw passes on the counter.

Ronaldo is a 36 year old poacher who picks and chooses when is the best time to run much more than ever.

Whilst a front 3 of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho would be playing at a pace that is just on a different young pacey level, through balls, interchanging with each other, low crosses (compared to the higher area crosses given to Ronaldo's head) and more.

Again, my problem is not that Ronaldo is here scoring goals for us, it's that he has turned to being our main tactic.

Ronaldo- Ruud Van Nistlerooy-Rooney

I'm sure some players will continue to have done well in such a formation whilst some could struggled too.
I simply don’t think by benching Ronaldo, our overall teamplay would suddenly magically improved by having Rashford Greenwood Sancho up front, with any possible tactical changes in any stretch. It’s just pure nonsense.

It’s all just in your head that Ronaldo is hindrance, you really need to shake this off your mind, as it is deviating too far away from reality at this point. You just tend to hide and disappear when Ronaldo had those great games, and being most vocal to blame it all on Ronaldo as hindrance to our tactics when whole team didn’t perform.

Our biggest hindrance in tactics is Ole and his coaching team, not Ronaldo. Be sensible.

Bebestation

There's a reason to this in my opinion.

The reason Ronaldo is the only joyous thing at United right now is because our main tactic is utilising Ronaldo as our single and main tactic right now. He is our Number 9 that we have played in the middle of two inverted forwards like Rashford and Greenwood.

Is there any tactics that are built to get the best out of Rashford or Greenwood?

This is like when Zlatan Ibrahimovic was our striker - the goals were coming off of him and him mostly - the other players were very on and off whilst he was doing the main and only things.

Josh 76

You can see why he left the first time around. He was never going to fulfil his potential here. There's only so much you can achieve at a club like United compared to the likes of Real Madrid.
Like David Beckham

Bebestation

I simply don’t think by benching Ronaldo, our overall teamplay would suddenly magically improved by having Rashford Greenwood Sancho up front, with any possible tactical changes in any stretch. It’s just pure nonsense.

It’s all just in your head that Ronaldo is hindrance, you really need to shake this off your mind, as it is deviating too far away from reality at this point. You just tend to hide and disappear when Ronaldo had those great games, and being most vocal to blame it all on Ronaldo as hindrance to our tactics when whole team didn’t perform.

Our biggest hindrance in tactics is Ole and his coaching team, not Ronaldo. Be sensible.
And again! You think I have a problem when he scores a goal :lol:

I don't hide when he scores a goal because only a person who doesn't understand football would say "oh Ronaldo can't score a goal" -

It's more that you think that just by his pure ability to put the ball in the net that he has a good all rounded game that is able to get the best out of his team mates too.

That's just shocking and a very basic way of looking at football to me.

Historically, it's his team mates that has always had to do the work to get the best out of Ronaldo - Benzema, Rooney, Park Ji Sung, Tevez, Dybala;

And yet at the age of 36 we want to start building a team to get the best out of Ronaldo and ditch Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho because absolutely none of them is like Benzema, Rooney, Park Ji Sung, Tevez or Dybala.

Ronaldo's match drawing or match winning goals would still be able to come off the bench.

Yet instead we watch Ronaldo do minimal things for the first half - sometimes absolutely nothing for the first half - then all start celebrating when he turns it on in the last 20 mins of the game.

Anyway, again - I have no problem with Ronaldo scoring goals, it's Ronaldo starting matches over our 3 younger players who look part of a very very obvious system.

Your there wanting to fit Ronaldo For the full 90 mins for every 38 games.

Absolutely nothing to do with his ability to score a goal so don't come and talk to me when he scores a goal late in to the 2nd half to save Ole's career.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

There has been alot changes to this season:

- Maguire has been in shocking form.
- Shaw and AWB has been in poor form
- McFred has been really bad
- Bruno isn’t same as last season
- Cavani unfit/injured
- Pogba being a wank
- Ole “tactics” has been found out by opponents

I mean, we’ve also bought Sancho and Varane this summer, why not blame them both as scapegoat for our poor run of form, if this is the kind of path you want to go to? James has gone to Leeds, maybe this is also the reason for our downfall?

If you have a memory, we have been shockingly poor for several months each year every year under Ole. It’s just happened he also has several months of “Ole on the wheel” form to save himself from sacking.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
And again! You think I have a problem when he scores a goal :lol:

I don't hide when he scores a goal because only a person who doesn't understand football would say "oh Ronaldo can't score a goal" -

It's more that you think that just by his pure ability to put the ball in the net that he has a good all rounded game that is able to get the best out of his team mates too.

That's just shocking and a very basic way of looking at football to me.

Historically, it's his team mates that has always had to do the work to get the best out of Ronaldo - Benzema, Rooney, Park Ji Sung, Tevez, Dybala;

And yet at the age of 36 we want to start building a team to get the best out of Ronaldo and ditch Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho because absolutely none of them is like Benzema, Rooney, Park Ji Sung, Tevez or Dybala.

Ronaldo's match drawing or match winning goals would still be able to come off the bench.

Yet instead we watch Ronaldo do minimal things for the first half - sometimes absolutely nothing for the first half - then all start celebrating when he turns it on in the last 20 mins of the game.

Anyway, again - I have no problem with Ronaldo scoring goals, it's Ronaldo starting matches over our 3 younger players who look part of a very very obvious system.

Your there wanting to fit Ronaldo For the full 90 mins for every 38 games.

Absolutely nothing to do with his ability to score a goal so don't come and talk to me when he scores a goal late in to the 2nd half to save Ole's career.
You have been the most vocal member to “blame it all on Ronaldo” camps here. And whenever Ronaldo save us with his brilliant goals/performances and everyone is praising him, you would be relativity quiet for few days away from your preaching. Truth is, he has been our best player over last 2 months since he joined us (won 2 club player of months), he shouldn’t be the first to blame, as suggested by many of his haters here. Even against our worst game this season - Liverpool and City, Ronaldo looks like our only player on the pitch who is a threat and likely to score a goal.

Last edited:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I hope he does get dropped for a few matches so we can see how we get on.

Bebestation

You have been the most vocal member to “blame it all on Ronaldo” camps here. And whenever Ronaldo save us with his brilliant goals/performances and everyone is praising him, you would be relativity quiet for few days away from the your preaching. Truth is, he has been our best player over last 2 months since he joined us (won 2 club player of months), he shouldn’t be the first to blame, as suggested by many of his haters here.
Your talking about having a good memory.

Then your memory should remember what happens when you play a striker like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and make your team focus on getting the best out of him. Zlatan scores the goals. Rashford's, Martials sit on the bench etc.

Anyway, all my problem with him is - is him being our star 90 min man for 38 games.

I'd rather see our team built around Bruno Fernandes supplying a very coherent, flexible, pacey and interchanging- playing on the floor line of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho. Ronaldo coming off the bench.

Ultimately the person who has decided to manage that different is actually Ole Gunnar Solskjaer by putting Ronaldo at the middle of his inverted forward line.

You say that Ole is not a good manager - yet you agree with those new tactics of this season 100%.

Anyway, I'm done here.

Il enjoy his goals just as much as you - I just think our tactics could be better at the forward line whilst you kind of don't.

goodbye.

Bestietom

The problem is Martial puts in invisible performances weekly, and has been an irrelevant forward for most of his time here. Ronaldo has scored 4 in 4 and yesterday had his first quiet/ineffective game (yet we should have given him the penalty anyway, but that's another matter). We also had Greenwood playing with eyes for nobody but himself, which if he didn't might've been a different story, but anyway. Yeah, Ronaldo was ineffective. But it is Ronaldo, so if you are in need of a goal then you keep him on as there's a great chance that he'll find himself in a chance at some point.
The team seems to be depending on Ronaldo now but in the big games we cannot carry anyone, not even as big as Ronaldo. Everyone must play their part and Ronaldo must defend from the front same as Cavani does.

RepardReece

You have been the most vocal member to “blame it all on Ronaldo” camps here. And whenever Ronaldo save us with his brilliant goals/performances and everyone is praising him, you would be relativity quiet for few days away from your preaching. Truth is, he has been our best player over last 2 months since he joined us (won 2 club player of months), he shouldn’t be the first to blame, as suggested by many of his haters here. Even against our worst game this season - Liverpool and City, Ronaldo looks like our only player on the pitch who is a threat and likely to score a goal.
don't bother pal, he's literally repeating what he said to me yesterday

I proved that Bruno hasn't been as effective since before Ronaldo and he still comments it's only since Ronaldo came in a comment to you earlier. He doesn't listen.

The guy is the Graeme Souness of Ronaldo. You're not gonna get anywhere.

Last edited:

Bebestation

There has been alot changes to this season:

- Maguire has been in shocking form.
- Shaw and AWB has been in poor form
- McFred has been really bad
- Bruno isn’t same as last season
- Cavani unfit/injured
- Pogba being a wank
- Ole “tactics” has been found out by opponents

I mean, we’ve also bought Sancho and Varane this summer, why not blame them both as scapegoat for our poor run of form, if this is the kind of path you want to go to? James has gone to Leeds, maybe this is also the reason for our downfall?

If you have a memory, we have been shockingly poor for several months each year every year under Ole. It’s just happened he also has several months of “Ole on the wheel” form to save himself from sacking.
don't bother pal, he's literally repeating what he said to me yesterday

I proved that Bruno hasn't been as effective since before Ronaldo and he still comments it's only since Ronaldo came in a comment to you earlier. He doesn't listen.

The guy is the Graeme Souness of Ronaldo. You're not gonna get anywhere.
Your Friend disagrees with you :nono:

3..2..1..FIGHT!!

IncyWincySpider

Last season we depended too much on Bruno, this season we depend even more on Ronaldo - this is a result of Ole's limited tactical ability. It's not Ronaldo's fault we are worse this season, it's Ole's, but I don't think it's a coincidence that our best team performances this season (imo) have been the Leeds match and the first 45 minutes against Everton, neither of which featured Ronaldo.

RepardReece

3..2..1..FIGHT!!
Pretty sure he'd agree Bruno dropped off at the end of the season in the prem in terms of goals and assists. I'm not talking about the whole season dude. Do you even remember my comment? Memory of a goldfish I swear.

Bebestation

Last season we depended too much on Bruno, this season we depend even more on Ronaldo - this is a result of Ole's limited tactical ability. It's not Ronaldo's fault we are worse this season, it's Ole's, but I don't think it's a coincidence that our best team performances this season (imo) have been the Leeds match and the first 45 minutes against Everton, neither of which featured Ronaldo.
Same for me - it was the second half Everton I think the first 10- 15 mins of the 2nd half before Ronaldo came on as a sub - we were complete and utter control of the game like we were almost playing possesion football or something and Everton had to just go back and sit back as a low block team. Pure control.

The low block teams has dissappeared alot this season - it's very obvious why; they don't need to stay low block and they can cut right through us like cake, picking and choose when to attack us.

That was not there last season - most of the teams would sit deep vs us and we would struggle with a bit of creativity to out do that.

Highfather_24

I think Ole wanted to have this frontline.

Sancho--Cavani--Rashford

I would like to see how they do once atleast.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

This season:

I would definitely use minutes too as Rashfords minutes equates to under 3 games and from the wing is a very good return.

Also consider that when Ronnie plays, the team plays to him as the main man, of course he will score more, when he doesn't play it allows our Cavani's & Greenwoods to be more central to the action.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

3..2..1..FIGHT!!
You don’t have to act so dramatic. Bruno has been great in the first half of season, but started to drop off later on. He has been great in creating chances and scoring goals for us, but he has also leaving us a hole in midfield which contribute to our lack of midfield play at times too. I even remember there was a period during 2nd half of season when Pogba was carrying us, while Bruno has been relatively quiet on the pitch. They all have different patch of form over different period of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.